I'm sick of the Emo/Scene hate

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sim_genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#151 Sim_genius
Member since 2005 • 9562 Posts
Wait I have a quesrion: whats the difference between emo and scene?
Scienceblows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 Scienceblows
Member since 2007 • 2992 Posts

Big.

Don't feel like explaining

so i'll post pics!

SCENE:

(EDIT: won't work because of the gif shirt part.,.goto "yourscenesucks.com" and goto generic emo.)

EMO

kornholio360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#153 kornholio360
Member since 2006 • 6973 Posts

:lol: at this thread. Congrats for liking emo/scene crap. Quit trying to change other peoples opinions...I could do the same to you. Like...I'm sick of the wrestling is real crap. See what I did there? It applies to everything, give it a rest.

:lol:

MoonSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 MoonSpoon
Member since 2005 • 9970 Posts

emo:

Hinata237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#155 Hinata237
Member since 2006 • 9416 Posts
Wait I have a quesrion: whats the difference between emo and scene?Sim_genius

Emo is more 'Emotional' if you'd like to call it that. Scene is more 'happy'. Thats a short explenation of it.
1ND1FF3R3NT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 1ND1FF3R3NT
Member since 2006 • 3162 Posts

Emo kids suck.

Scienceblows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Scienceblows
[QUOTE="Sim_genius"]Wait I have a quesrion: whats the difference between emo and scene?Hinata237

Emo is more 'Emotional' if you'd like to call it that. Scene is more 'happy'. Thats a short explenation of it.

you fail :|
Scienceblows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Scienceblows

kids who like Tool suck.

1ND1FF3R3NT
Fixed.
makaveli2344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 makaveli2344
Member since 2007 • 3106 Posts
If you hate them, dont glorify them.
MoonSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 MoonSpoon
Member since 2005 • 9970 Posts
So, I'm listening to this song and it basically has the same guitar riff as Angry Son. Hmm.
hair001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 hair001
Member since 2005 • 1202 Posts
She has scissors in her mouth. Maybee you missed that
Sim_genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Sim_genius
Member since 2005 • 9562 Posts
Now that I think about it... isnt this poll a tad biased?
1ND1FF3R3NT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 1ND1FF3R3NT
Member since 2006 • 3162 Posts
[QUOTE="1ND1FF3R3NT"]

kids who like Tool suck.

Scienceblows

Fixed.

I'm sorry you're musically illiterate. And I'm far from being a "kid."

four_of_clubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 four_of_clubs
Member since 2005 • 4474 Posts

Amen!

I can't stand idiots today

"Oh em gee, Fallout boy and MCR are emo bands, they're ghey!"

Little do they know, THEY AREN'T EMO AT ALL!

Emo music = On the might of princes, Daitro, Amanda Woodward, etc.

I wish people could get their %^&*ing music right.

hokey-pokey18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 hokey-pokey18
Member since 2006 • 3258 Posts
To me scene/emo is just more of a fashion thing because the emo/scene kids I know are actually really fun to hang around with.
Jimko2222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Jimko2222
Member since 2006 • 236 Posts
[QUOTE="Hinata237"][QUOTE="Sim_genius"]Wait I have a quesrion: whats the difference between emo and scene?Scienceblows

you fail :|

Wow....yeah you do fail. I try to be nice, but that's...ftl... :|
I'll let you slide a bit with that though, because scene is more happy...because theyre usually rich kids that can afford their bs and are trendy...

Emo = the more heartfelt and traditional form of sty*le and music that is noted by those bands such as Rites of Spring and so forth.

Scene = The bastardization and commercialization of the idea of emo for people that would otherwise be preps. Its pretty much just for image.
Erasorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Erasorn
Member since 2004 • 14502 Posts

Man, I feel bad for you people if you actually hate people just because of their prefered taste in music and style. :? That's just so incredibly sad..

espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#168 espoac
Member since 2005 • 4342 Posts
In general I don't like anybody who feels they need to define themselves as "jock, emo, prep, goth" etc.
AgostonF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 AgostonF
Member since 2006 • 6965 Posts
Dude, I don't care how you want to say it, people putting scissors to their tounges creeps me out. I don't care what damn subcategory of "emo" or "scene" or whatever it's in, I don't care, what sane person would do that? I don't want to hang out with anyone who makes pictures of themselves like that and puts them on the internet.. /thread
darkIink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 darkIink
Member since 2006 • 2705 Posts

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

:)

Bobby_Oz

lol you win the post of the day award!

ibanez_rox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 ibanez_rox
Member since 2007 • 51 Posts

People will always judge you by how you look. It's just human nature, there's nonthing we can really do about it. I know it's wrong but we just have to accept the world for what it is...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178847 Posts
I don't care one way or another if an individual is a fad chaser....
PickGlove243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 PickGlove243
Member since 2007 • 3144 Posts
You don't really know what emo is, do you?
Hinata237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Hinata237
I don't care one way or another if an individual is a fad chaser....LJS9502_basic

Emo/Scene isn't a fad, It's a lifestyle.
blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 blooddemon666
Member since 2003 • 22587 Posts
You don't really know what emo is, do you?PickGlove243
oh my good sir. please inform me, because the emo culture is oh so interesting to me :|
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]I don't care one way or another if an individual is a fad chaser....Hinata237

Emo/Scene isn't a fad, It's a life****

It's a fad....and it will be outgrown.

Hinata237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Hinata237

You don't really know what emo is, do you?PickGlove243

I'm trying to prove the point that most people that say "emo is stupid" to almost everything don't know what the hell they're talking about.

blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 blooddemon666
Member since 2003 • 22587 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]I don't care one way or another if an individual is a fad chaser....Hinata237

Emo/Scene isn't a fad, It's a lifestyIe

I've yet to see a 40 year old emo person

its a fad for teenagers

/thread

PickGlove243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 PickGlove243

Emo/Scene isn't a fad, It's a lifestyle.

PickGlove243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 PickGlove243

[QUOTE="PickGlove243"]You don't really know what emo is, do you?Hinata237

I'm trying to prove the point that most people that say "emo is stupid" to almost everything don't know what the hell they're talking about.

How ironic...

iMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 iMuffins
Member since 2006 • 2514 Posts
TC, I agree with everything you said. Well done.
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts
The whole American objection to the emo/scene movement is extant pragmatism lashing out at a culture that theoretically encourages feeling down. It makes perfect sense.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 LJS9502_basic

The whole American objection to the emo/scene movement is extant pragmatism lashing out at a culture that theoretically encourages feeling down. It makes perfect sense.quiglythegreat

Psst....the majority of people don't know what emo/scene is.

8balllll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 8balllll
Member since 2007 • 286 Posts

:)

Bobby_Oz

i LOL'd, especially at the first one

emo, scene, or w/e u wanna call is just a childish fad, u people need to snap outta it and grow up, being emo is gonna get u nowhere in life unless u snap out of that state of mind and an early enough age and realize how stupid uve been the whole time and move on with ur life as a decent civilized person

blueteeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#185 blueteeth
Member since 2006 • 1158 Posts
your emo get out of here no one wants you go complain and be all EMOtoinal somewhere els ......
iMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 iMuffins

your emo get out of here no one wants you go complain and be all EMOtoinal somewhere els ......blueteeth

Err, if you're not emotional, you might as well be a robot...

TeymoORly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#187 TeymoORly
Member since 2006 • 1496 Posts

[QUOTE="blueteeth"]your emo get out of here no one wants you go complain and be all EMOtoinal somewhere els ......iMuffins

I love your avatar, Scarling. owns.

Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Lockedge
Member since 2002 • 16765 Posts

I think it's funny when people hate others over the way they look and the things they do. It's really stupid and it boils down to high school cliques, groups, trends, etc.

Sure, there are many who hate the Scene/"Emo" kids. They hate how they're "always cutting themselves" or pretending to, or acting miserable or whatever. All the while wearing "strange clothes".

Well, on the flipside of that, there are people who hate the "gangster/rapstar" look. They hate the stupid slanguage they use, the imcomplete phrases and words missing syllables because it's been mumbled into an unrecognizeable state. They hate the excess "bling", the stupid, bulky looking basketball shoes, the ill-fitting basketball jerseys, tracksuits, and rapper clothes in general, and the stupid "ballcaps" witht eh straight brim, tilted to the side. I don't even want to go into that stupid swagger they adopt that makes it seem they're imitating a pirate.

There are those who hate the people sporting the "preppy" look. You know, the people who wear anything and everything from American Eagle and Banana Republic, but shop at Winners or some **** like that so they have enough cash left over to buy excess booze to impress their friends when they're drunk. The kids who wear those danm polo shirts with the stripes...guh. Of course, some prepsters decide to adopt the ballcap thing from the rapstar/gangster category to freshen things up, only to make themselves look more idiotic.

Then there are the metalheads, always wearing their concert T-shirts, or band T-shirts/hoodies, and their studded belts and wristbands. They usually look quite unkemp and listen to their music loudly, but they keep to themselves. There's really not much you can complain about with these guys other than their elitist attitude towards music. Oh, and the drugs. Stereotypical, I know, but over 80% of the metalheads I know use drugs, so whatever.

I mean, as long as you're wearing clothes, and as long as there are others who look like you, and do the same stupid things you do, I don't see how you can complain about how anyone looks or what anyone does. I mean, slurring words is really stupid...equally stupid as pretending to cut oneself. Binge drinking is as stupid as cutting yourself. Wearing eyeliner is no stupider than wearing a tilted ballcap and bling. Wearing those wristsleeve things are no worse than those stupid polo shirts with the stripes(found in the filthpit called American Eagle of course).

I mean, seriously. The TC has something right. People should stop getting so angry over others. I mean...hell. Your parents were probably all into those 70s and 80s fads like neon pink halfshirts and those fuzzy white sweatbands and whatnot. Most likely, they grew out of it and started looking/acting/dressing like everyone else in the country(for better or worse).

serjitup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#189 serjitup
Member since 2007 • 1049 Posts

I think it's funny when people hate others over the way they look and the things they do. It's really stupid and it boils down to high school cliques, groups, trends, etc.

Sure, there are many who hate the Scene/"Emo" kids. They hate how they're "always cutting themselves" or pretending to, or acting miserable or whatever. All the while wearing "strange clothes".

Well, on the flipside of that, there are people who hate the "gangster/rapstar" look. They hate the stupid slanguage they use, the imcomplete phrases and words missing syllables because it's been mumbled into an unrecognizeable state. They hate the excess "bling", the stupid, bulky looking basketball shoes, the ill-fitting basketball jerseys, tracksuits, and rapper clothes in general, and the stupid "ballcaps" witht eh straight brim, tilted to the side. I don't even want to go into that stupid swagger they adopt that makes it seem they're imitating a pirate.

There are those who hate the people sporting the "preppy" look. You know, the people who wear anything and everything from American Eagle and Banana Republic, but shop at Winners or some **** like that so they have enough cash left over to buy excess booze to impress their friends when they're drunk. The kids who wear those danm polo shirts with the stripes...guh. Of course, some prepsters decide to adopt the ballcap thing from the rapstar/gangster category to freshen things up, only to make themselves look more idiotic.

Then there are the metalheads, always wearing their concert T-shirts, or band T-shirts/hoodies, and their studded belts and wristbands. They usually look quite unkemp and listen to their music loudly, but they keep to themselves. There's really not much you can complain about with these guys other than their elitist attitude towards music. Oh, and the drugs. Stereotypical, I know, but over 80% of the metalheads I know use drugs, so whatever.

I mean, as long as you're wearing clothes, and as long as there are others who look like you, and do the same stupid things you do, I don't see how you can complain about how anyone looks or what anyone does. I mean, slurring words is really stupid...equally stupid as pretending to cut oneself. Binge drinking is as stupid as cutting yourself. Wearing eyeliner is no stupider than wearing a tilted ballcap and bling. Wearing those wristsleeve things are no worse than those stupid polo shirts with the stripes(found in the filthpit called American Eagle of course).

I mean, seriously. The TC has something right. People should stop getting so angry over others. I mean...hell. Your parents were probably all into those 70s and 80s fads like neon pink halfshirts and those fuzzy white sweatbands and whatnot. Most likely, they grew out of it and started looking/acting/dressing like everyone else in the country(for better or worse).

Lockedge
you are far beyond the intelligence thet most people on here have.These people seem to care more about others then themselvs.
iMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 iMuffins
[QUOTE="iMuffins"]

[QUOTE="blueteeth"]your emo get out of here no one wants you go complain and be all EMOtoinal somewhere els ......TeymoORly

I love your avatar, Scarling. owns.

Whoa, someone else that likes them :o They do own, though :P

jarhead1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 jarhead1990
Member since 2005 • 2079 Posts

This is my sister, she is an embarrassment to me. THANKS ALOT MYSPACE.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#192 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
I personally believe it's disgusting to see teenagers dress like that, and act that way. Well, that's the future of our society folks, and it's scary. I would never let my children dress like that and humiliate themselves.
aRE-you-AFraid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#193 aRE-you-AFraid
Member since 2006 • 3234 Posts
Why would she post those pictures if she didn't want the world to know just how she releases her PAAAAIIINNN
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
The TC doesn't understand the hate. People don't honestly think every emo/scenester cuts themselves. But we make fun of you people because it's a ridiculous and ugly ass fad. Accompanied with crap music.
Scienceblows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Scienceblows
[QUOTE="Hinata237"]

[QUOTE="PickGlove243"]You don't really know what emo is, do you?PickGlove243

How ironic...

:lol: Sooo true
SlashDementia3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 SlashDementia3
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts
I think they should at least tone down that girly stuff, probably dress more decent to get a good place when they're older. I dress like a metal head but I have my decent clothes that I use to go places so I can at least be respected. Adding all emo/scene whatever they are and putting them all as cutting & crying people is kindof wrong though.
SlashDementia3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 SlashDementia3
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts
The TC doesn't understand the hate. People don't honestly think every emo/scenester cuts themselves. But we make fun of you people because it's a ridiculous and ugly ass fad. Accompanied with crap music.GodLovesDead

lol well said.
Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Lockedge

The TC doesn't understand the hate. People don't honestly think every emo/scenester cuts themselves. But we make fun of you people because it's a ridiculous and ugly ass fad. Accompanied with crap music.GodLovesDead

I know people who drink excessively with friends, and almost bi-monthly end up literally dragging each other to the hospital for alcohol poisoning. Even those who don't drink that excessively, but enough to get "hammered" or whatnot...how is that any better than minor cuts on your arms? Because cutting is superficial and drinking is hidden? I mean, both are addictions technically(whether it's enforced by a high, peer pressure, depression, etc.), it doesn't make one better than the other. Smoking qualifies here too.

Most people I know who have a distinct hatred of "scene/emo" stuff, or really mock it...they're the ones who dress the same way as other people in their crowd, listen to the same stuff as others in their crowd do...what's the difference? It's simply you're not in theirs, and because of that you feel normal and see them as different.

Fashion is always a conflict. Music tastes are driven by who you know, what what you pay attention to, and what you're subjected to on a regular basis. Some people do things to be "different", but that's no worse than being just like everyone else.

Ridiculous and ugly fad? Heh. Funny.

Mrs_Sesshomaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Mrs_Sesshomaru
Member since 2005 • 14527 Posts
I love Emos and Scene kids!:o And I am also tired of people hating them!:x
Lockedge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Lockedge

I think they should at least tone down that girly stuff, probably dress more decent to get a good place when they're older. I dress like a metal head but I have my decent clothes that I use to go places so I can at least be respected. Adding all emo/scene whatever they are and putting them all as cutting & crying people is kindof wrong though.SlashDementia3

Actually, dressing "girly" is hardly a bad thing. I mean, girls dress in guys clothes all the time, but no one raises an eyebrow to that. Women had a revolution in the 1900s and what they got from it is that they aren't confined by gender roles and former standards set by them in terms of clothes and behavious, among other things.

Men, on the other hand, still tend to stick to those roles and those standards, and thus get a very strange defensive/oppressive stance on things that are not "normal" for men. As if it's a direct attack against their masculinity. Which is laughable, by the way. Not saying guys shouls go and dress in women's clothes(as you know, girl's clothing is cut to fit their body shape, not men's...but I guess there ARE technically exceptions...)

If by dressing "decent", you mean in work clothes...I'm pretty sure everyone knows a lot of companies have a dress code. I mean, metalheads in the 80s with their huge fluffy hair and their eyeliner probably knew what to do when they were to go job hunting....oh, wait, did I just say eyeliner and huge hair? I meant to add that they used various other facial makeup, really tight freaking pants, etc. My neighbour used to look like a metalhead. he still is, but he doesn't look it anymore. I'd assume the same progression would happen with those in the current generation of youth.