I'm sick of the Emo/Scene hate

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 Blood-Scribe
Member since 2007 • 6465 Posts
[QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="bellsmye1"][QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"]

For the sake of convienence:

[QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"]

I think it's even more pathetic how you're defending a fad that lacks criteria, because it's based off of a music genre. It's just like defending goth or prep or any other crappy social label, either way, you're making a fool of yourself by attempting to make it seem more legitimate. It's an ambiguous label that doesn't even have a real definition, it's just an easier way of being ignorant and stereotyping people you've never even met before.

I'll admit, I hear some stupid stuff from people who don't even know what they're talking about when they try to make fun of emos. Hell, I've been called emo many times just because of the way I dress. But the fact is, it's just as stupid to defend it, as it is to make fun of it. Just quit complaining and let this stupid fad die already. I'll admit, some of the girls that conform to it are attractive, but it doesn't make it any less of a steaming pile of high school bull****.

bellsmye1

And to elaborate on that, as I said before, its not technically a fad, it's just a music genre. That's like saying "he's so rock, god what a moron," or "she's so rap, what a retard It's just stupid.

Id argue that emo has reached outside music.

Then you don't know what you're talking about...

As soon as every peice of news on tv and in the paper criticised the emo "culture", emo went beyond music. I dont know how long youve been living under your rock, but rest assured I know what im talking about.

Like I said before, it's not a culture, it's a fad at the most, but at its core it's just a music genre. There is no criteria under which someone is defined as emo to a definite extent.

All you have is someone saying another person is emo for dressing in black and listening to a crappy sub-genre of rock. That's it. You can't define yourself by a music genre.

bellsmye1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#252 bellsmye1
Member since 2005 • 2687 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nRNYG_xM2U

This is what it means to be emo.

MgamerBD
That was awesome.
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
[QUOTE="MgamerBD"][QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="MgamerBD"]

Blood-Scribe

MadTV ****ing sucks, I've only seen two skits that have actually made me laugh. And that's horribly wrong.

Apparently MadTV isn't the only one who doesn't get it either.

f u Madtv is awesome.Just because u watched it for 5 mins doesn't mean it sucks.

Actually, I used to watch MadTV in middle school, and after awhile, I realized it's the same crap over and over again. The only thing that made me laugh was the Randy Newman skit and the "Rock music is bad for you" skit. That's pretty much it. All the other crap like the endless Bill Cosby skits and Lord of the Blings stuff gets really old after awhile.

U didn't like Ms.Swan orStewart u know they got a little bit funnier.

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
[QUOTE="MgamerBD"]

bellsmye1

That was awesome.

i know

Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 Blood-Scribe
[QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="MgamerBD"][QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="MgamerBD"]

MgamerBD

MadTV ****ing sucks, I've only seen two skits that have actually made me laugh. And that's horribly wrong.

Apparently MadTV isn't the only one who doesn't get it either.

f u Madtv is awesome.Just because u watched it for 5 mins doesn't mean it sucks.

Actually, I used to watch MadTV in middle school, and after awhile, I realized it's the same crap over and over again. The only thing that made me laugh was the Randy Newman skit and the "Rock music is bad for you" skit. That's pretty much it. All the other crap like the endless Bill Cosby skits and Lord of the Blings stuff gets really old after awhile.

U didn't like Ms.Swan orStewart u know they got a little bit funnier.

No, they were annoying.

newhenpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#256 newhenpal
Member since 2005 • 2159 Posts

Then going by your logic, this would be perfectly reasonable:

'Hey kids! Oh don't worry, i'm just putting a gun to mymouth so I can impress my friends!'

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#257 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

On a Side Note...

That pic = HAWTNESS!!

kunnown
What? No thanks. lol.
Avatar image for -sharp-shooter-
-sharp-shooter-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 -sharp-shooter-
Member since 2006 • 2677 Posts
I hate emo people
ArmoredAshes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#259 ArmoredAshes
Member since 2005 • 4025 Posts
i usually dont really pay attention to that sort of stuff unless people REALLY stress it liek they want someone to notice and accept them. I actually have a thing for scene girls. What annoys me is the people the STRESS the stereotypes of a cliqe. be yourself not who your friends want you to be. If thats who you are and you're not a jerk most likely ill talk to and respect you.
ALTER_duo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#260 ALTER_duo
Member since 2007 • 2206 Posts

wow this thread is pathetic why? because it's about something that shouldn't matter.You are something that people generally despise who cares! Do what you want you think that making a thread about this is going to change their dispostion about emoes? I think it's time to get a clue. Who cares what they think be whatever you want. I personally don't hate emoes it's just I'm tired of them complaining about no one understanding them. I'm done trying to be "understanding" emoes complain too much simple as that.

As for the people who make fun of them why do you care? They aren't you what they do deosn't affect you, so deal with their weird looks and music and general outlook in the world. Ugh you guys make me sick sometimes.

fo_shizzle117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 fo_shizzle117
Member since 2007 • 164 Posts
[QUOTE="kunnown"]

On a Side Note...

That pic = HAWTNESS!!

Stevo_the_gamer

What? No thanks. lol.

i dunno, i have 2 agree with kunnown. thats hot

Zaeryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#262 Zaeryn
Member since 2005 • 9070 Posts

Then going by your logic, this would be perfectly reasonable:

'Hey kids! Oh don't worry, i'm just putting a gun to mymouth so I can impress my friends!'

newhenpal
I lol'd.
guitboxdude25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#263 guitboxdude25
Member since 2006 • 2120 Posts

1. So kind and civilized...ok. Well, most of the people you'd consider "scene" that I know are pretty freaking nice and civilized. it's the people who harass them and push them around that aren't. That's how it seems in my area at least. From the sound of it, the ones in your area are a tad obnoxious.

2. See, I don't get "acting scene". Scene is a trend, one of many that's going around nowadays. If they were doing it to be like others, then I guess I'd get your point, but blue hair to make a statement? What statement? "I'm different"? Maybe the person feels they shouldn't be limited to natural haircolour, and decided to buck their old colour in favour of a colour of their liking. My brother's friend has a big pink mohawk that makes him look straight out of a double dragon game. Each month he dyes it a different colour, just for kicks.

3. So basically they do it to be like everyone else. In the business world, most men wear suits and ties. In that it's could be taken as a statement that "I'm professional". In this case, it would probably be people trying to say "I'm different". Much like...well, when I was in highschool at least, wearing jeans, a striped polo shirt and having short gelled hair was a statement that said "I'm just a guy trying to be popular". It's much the same. If they're making a staement, who isn't?

4 . Which is why peer pressure in any forum is usually not too awesome.

5. The other day at work I joked with a friend that we'd take a crappy run-down van, fill it with $100 of candy, dress up real dirty, and drive it around coaxing children into it to see (1) how many would actually go for it. (2), how long it would take before we're killed/arrested. Of course, this would never happen, and if it DID, we'd have a police officer inside and have the mayor's approval(which would never fly, btw), with pamphlets telling kids it was a bad idea to come in....but of course they';d snack on the candy anyways. We spent a good 2 hours just adding more details and crazier situations and it was hilarious. Inside jokes are inside jokes for a reason. I mean, in this case that I've displayed,parents would obviously take offense and be on edge and whatnot, making it a cruel joke or even highly offensive. To me and my friend, who have minds that have long been in the gutter and have had far too much exposure to horrible things, it's funny.

6. My statements aren't false. They're animated television shows. They DO have somewhat of a distinct **** although over the years it's been evolving and getting more variety. You're probably basing anime off of stupid things like Zatchbell, Medabots, Dragonball Z, Inuyasha, etc. There's thought provoking anime as well. There's genuinely funny anime. You just need to find it because those ones don't fit the North American audience that wouldn't accept the story and character depth anyways. If it's annoying to you, then by all means, dislike it. It does no harm, but I'd hardly consider any North American cartoon to be much better, other than for nostalgic purposes(like Thundercats, Transformers, TMNT, etc.)

7. Plowing through crowds is usually not a good idea, though can sometimes be positive. For instance, when my bus would drop us off at school, the smokers would gather around the entrance gate and block the way. I'd literally gave to give quite a bit of effort to surpass their tightly woven pack of smoke crazed kids. Down the halls...not so much a good idea, unless people are blocking the halls and not moving aside for you(you shouldn't need to ask to get by if a group is stupidly taking up the entire width of the hall). Though I see your point. Jumping down the stairs instead of walking is k as long as you don't put anyoe in danger. I did that all the time in HS, though it would be when it was empty. Faster that way.

8. People can act how they want as long as it doesn't hurt others around them outright in a negative way. I remember on 70's day(in highschool), me and my friends got together a bunch of money and set the area with our lockers up with a bunch of 70's stuff like a discoball and whatnot, played some disco, and had a corner locker dance party. It was awesome. I'm sure some people were like 'WTF those freaks are at it again', but whatever. I was having a good time, and it wasn't hurting anyone else, unless they got too close(as the music wasn't very loud, just loud enough). Besides, at the 70's dance, all they played was rap and pop from the 00's. LAME.

Lockedge

1-your right,everything changes in distance.the scene kids at my school sound alot different than what you are describing.
2-again,distance,its like that over where i live,people would rather follow than lead
3-well,the thing is,i can see why you would want to look like a buisnessman,but i dont see why it would be a good thing to look scene,i guess thats just me though.
4-exactly :)
5-ican see what your saying about insie jokes,but other people who dont know the inside jokes dont get it,and are very uncomfortable with it,especialy if you dont let them in on it...i suppose if you kept it to yourself,what think of telling a whole ****oom about what you just described to me.
6-actually im basing it off shows that are on adult swim ;),and the simpsons isway better than any anime.but were getting off track here :)
7-it could be a positive,but in the situation ive seen scene kids do it,it hasnt been.and of course jumping down stairs is okay,but when people are eating right by them,its like "dude,who are you trying to show off too"
8-of course,but again,when scene kids(at my school)snap at everyone,it is harmful.and they shouldnt do it.

serjitup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#264 serjitup
Member since 2007 • 1049 Posts
" emo " people are generally intelligent, far more then the" gangstas", im what you people consider to be " emo " and Lou and behold im in all honers classes because of how well iperform on tests, and i can tell you this, there are latterly no " gangstas " in my honers classes, there are a handful of " emo" people though, just hope this opens up someones mind.
newhenpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 newhenpal
Member since 2005 • 2159 Posts

" emo " people are generally intelligent, far more then the" gangstas", im what you people consider to be " emo " and Lou and behold im in all honers classes because of how well iperform on tests, and i can tell you this, there are latterly no " gangstas " in my honers classes, there are a handful of " emo" people though, just hope this opens up someones mind.serjitup

That's funny, last time I checked not to many people in honors classes my gross idiotic generalizations.

Eldublay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 Eldublay
Member since 2006 • 981 Posts
I really respect you for making this Topic, you had really good points, nice one! : )
Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 Blood-Scribe

wow this thread is pathetic why? because it's about something that shouldn't matter.You are something that people generally despise who cares! Do what you want you think that making a thread about this is going to change their dispostion about emoes? I think it's time to get a clue. Who cares what they think be whatever you want. I personally don't hate emoes it's just I'm tired of them complaining about no one understanding them. I'm done trying to be "understanding" emoes complain too much simple as that.

As for the people who make fun of them why do you care? They aren't you what they do deosn't affect you, so deal with their weird looks and music and general outlook in the world. Ugh you guys make me sick sometimes.

ALTER_duo

Welcome to OT.

ALTER_duo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 ALTER_duo
Member since 2007 • 2206 Posts
[QUOTE="ALTER_duo"]

Blood-Scribe

Welcome to OT.

Yea thanks ;)

inyourface_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 inyourface_12
Member since 2006 • 14757 Posts
i must say one of the greatest displays of emoness on teh interwebz
Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 Blood-Scribe
[QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"][QUOTE="ALTER_duo"]

ALTER_duo

Welcome to OT.

Yea thanks ;)

I know what you mean though. I'm thinking of just leaving this place, though I'd have to find some other way to waste my free time.

Anamosa41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 Anamosa41
Member since 2006 • 3594 Posts
I don't hate them nor do I dislike them. I wouldn't call them awesome though. If I had to pick anything that I liked about them I would say that I liked some of their styles.
Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 Blood-Scribe

I don't hate them nor do I dislike them. I wouldn't call them awesome though. If I had to pick anything that I liked about them I would say that I liked some of their styles.Anamosa41

That, and the fact that the girls that conform to this bull**** are really easy to get to.

Anamosa41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 Anamosa41
Member since 2006 • 3594 Posts

[QUOTE="Anamosa41"]I don't hate them nor do I dislike them. I wouldn't call them awesome though. If I had to pick anything that I liked about them I would say that I liked some of their styles.Blood-Scribe

That, and the fact that the girls that conform to this bull**** are really easy to get to.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the girls. (Smacks forehead) Some emo girls are very sexy.
Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 Blood-Scribe
[QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"]

[QUOTE="Anamosa41"]I don't hate them nor do I dislike them. I wouldn't call them awesome though. If I had to pick anything that I liked about them I would say that I liked some of their styles.Anamosa41

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the girls. (Smacks forehead) Some emo girls are very sexy.

Yeah, which in most cases completely vindicates the incessant drama.

mark4091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 mark4091
Member since 2007 • 3780 Posts

They're a bunch of little annoying snots, who would rather whine about how bad they're life is in the suburbs then actually do something with they're life.

Oh yeah and they are soooo anti conformist that they hang out at the mall 24/7.

Give me a break you light cross dressing attention seekers, I don't care if you're mommy and daddy don't love you :cry:

LOL.

mark4091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 mark4091
Member since 2007 • 3780 Posts

" emo " people are generally intelligent, far more then the" gangstas", im what you people consider to be " emo " and Lou and behold im in all honers classes because of how well iperform on tests, and i can tell you this, there are latterly no " gangstas " in my honers classes, there are a handful of " emo" people though, just hope this opens up someones mind.serjitup

This is the biggest pile I've heard in a while.

Disturbed_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 Disturbed_Dude
Member since 2004 • 3777 Posts
I still hate them reguardless of your input.
Fortier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 Fortier
Member since 2004 • 7728 Posts

People just love to bash them. While a certain population of middle school posers deserve it, anyone even remotely close to their style suffers...and if someobdy is idiotic enough to judge someobdy on how they look or dress, let them wallow in their ignorance. Its a far greater punishment than anybody could inflict physically.

Avatar image for NecroKvltMuffin
NecroKvltMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 NecroKvltMuffin
Member since 2007 • 9334 Posts

"emo"/scene kids. What a joke.

Hinata237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#280 Hinata237
Member since 2006 • 9416 Posts

On a Side Note...
Kirby
That pic = HAWTNESS!!

kunnown

Haha, you really think so? She's cute but nothing special.

MgamerBD

That wasn't funny at all... :|

SpedKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 SpedKnight
Member since 2006 • 1032 Posts

Sooo...if they want people to think they cut themselves for attention. i say we make fun of them.

HAH silly retard.

PEACE!!!

Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#282 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts

[quote="kunnown"]

On a Side Note...
Kirby
That pic = HAWTNESS!!

Hinata237

Haha, you really think so? She's cute but nothing special.

MgamerBD

That wasn't funny at all... :|

I beg to differ. That was quite funny and one of my favorite skits from Mad Tv. The only reason I hate emos/goths is that they dress up and act depressed just for attention. That and their fashion is just plain ugly.

xtn702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 xtn702
Member since 2007 • 4203 Posts
I think that girl isn't even emo or scene. She just needs to lay off the anime. It's taking her over.GettingTired
:lol: anime...
Hinata237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 Hinata237
[QUOTE="GettingTired"]I think that girl isn't even emo or scene. She just needs to lay off the anime. It's taking her over.xtn702

:lol: Football and basketball...
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#285 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
I hate emo because its all manufactured whiny,b***hy crap, thats all.
Hinata237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 Hinata237
I hate emo because its all manufactured whiny,b***hy crap, thats all.hillelslovak

B****y crap? Wow, you certainly don't know what you're talking about :roll:
-AlbertC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 -AlbertC
Member since 2004 • 15667 Posts
that girl is actually pretty hot but thats not the point. It's just that I don't like the guys with long hair that are all sissy like and most emo guys are just like that. I don't hate on the girls though. Just the guys. I just want to break them in half because I feel like they are giving a bad name to men.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

[QUOTE="hillelslovak"]I hate emo because its all manufactured whiny,b***hy crap, thats all.Hinata237

Obviously an emo fan. I hate all music where the actual music is secondary to what the band looks like and how cool their music video is. Its not just limited to emo.

Hinata237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 Hinata237

that girl is actually pretty hot but thats not the point. It's just that I don't like the guys with long hair that are all sissy like and most emo guys are just like that. I don't hate on the girls though. Just the guys. I just want to break them in half because I feel like they are giving a bad name to men.-AlbertC

Fan service :P

Kirby

[QUOTE="Hinata237"][QUOTE="hillelslovak"]I hate emo because its all manufactured whiny,b***hy crap, thats all.hillelslovak

Obviously an emo fan. I hate all music where the actual music is secondary to what the band looks like and how cool their music video is. Its not just limited to emo.

Lol, Emo music is music that has lyrics that are considered Emotional.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
[QUOTE="hillelslovak"]

[QUOTE="Hinata237"][QUOTE="hillelslovak"]I hate emo because its all manufactured whiny,b***hy crap, thats all.Hinata237

Lol, Emo music is music that has lyrics that are considered Emotional.

Then most music is emo then? Yeah I doubt you're talking about the original emo bands like Gray Matter or Fugazi, which I doubt you are. The emo of these days is the whinymusic which I was talking about,that's is manufactured crap.

wii4panta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 wii4panta
Member since 2007 • 2886 Posts
Wow is this thread still going on??Gosh...justLEAVE THE EMOS ALOOOOONE :cry:
freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts

I dont have a problem with some of them. Their are the kinds who have the 'emo' hair, where 'emo' clothes and listen to 'emo' music but arent depressed or anything like that. The ones i know are usually funny and are always happy, never depressed or talking about hurting themselves somehow. The ones that are retards and people i hateare the people who just generally dont fit in, and see emo as an excuse as to why they dont fit in. These people tend to follow hte fashions and music tastes, then claim they know all about it. WRONG! they dont know crap, they are just looking for a reason for being unliked. But most people i know who are branded 'emo' are decent guys and girls. also some people turn 'emo' becuase they get called it repeatedly for some reason and decide to give in. how can one claim to be a non conformist when they conform to non conformity? ive been called a lot in my life, goth, emo, goth that can transform into emo, posuer (i was called this by a guy trying hard to be emo), even punk, which was unusual, but i never decided "Well this is what they label me, i might as well be one". Yes i listen to bands such as slayer, metallica, megadeth (which are not emo despite wat some people i know say) becuase that was the music i was brought up with and i love it. Yes i tend to wear black often because it is my favourite colour, but so is red, white and blue (sometimes green). i do have long hair (longer than most people at least) which occasionally covers my face, but thats coz i prefer it to short hair, feels more natural for me. So its not all emos that cut themselves and say how their life sucks and so forth, just the people who are so desperate to fit into something that they brag about such things, even do it. Give some of them a chance, they can turn out to be some of the best people u will ever meet. if they turn out to be like the people i mentioned that sucked, my condolences for knowing such a posuer.

BTW im not emo, goth, an emo who can transform to goth and vice versa, posueror even punk. im just me.

freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts

On a Side Note...

That pic = HAWTNESS!!

kunnown

i concur

rowzzr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#294 rowzzr
Member since 2005 • 2375 Posts
[QUOTE="Hinata237"]

Kirby cut

In the above image we see a teenage girl showing a picture of her cutting herself. Wait, is she cutting herself? No, she isn't. You judge people by a simple image, just like how you judge them by how they look and their music tastes.

muppet1010

:lol:... anyone who doesnt laugh at that picture... well Im afraid your funnies broken :lol:

thats just brilliant... i mean how retarded can you get?

:lol: too bad there wasn't any earthquake when you were taking this picture :lol:

Skullheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 Skullheart
Member since 2006 • 2054 Posts
It's because the stupid idiotic, immature teenagers are just trying to get attention...nothing more. That's why they're hated. Now stop posting.
D-Will8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 D-Will8
Member since 2007 • 1612 Posts
Are you Emo and can't take it anymore?
XileLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#297 XileLord
Member since 2007 • 3776 Posts

:lol: Nah the stupidity of even thinking about cutting yourself on purpose is retarded

Deathxcore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 Deathxcore
Member since 2007 • 1786 Posts
not only is this stupid and inaccurate but...no its just stupid an inaccurate.
XileLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#299 XileLord
Member since 2007 • 3776 Posts
[QUOTE="xtn702"][QUOTE="GettingTired"]I think that girl isn't even emo or scene. She just needs to lay off the anime. It's taking her over.Hinata237

:lol: Football and basketball...

Wow i didn't realize if you watch anime your emo......
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
.......................:|..........................:lol: