I can't take this brainwashing cult know as christianity no longer....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts
[QUOTE="fishingalex"]

I think it's like a cult because of many things.

They try using fear to get you to join their church/religion by saying things like "If you don't repent now your soul will not be saved" or "The Revelation is coming. Ask for God for forgiveness or you will spend eternity in Hell".

Also, Every Christian i've ever met (not a lot) always seems to be trying to convert everyone. It's like "you convert 2 people then they'll convert 2 people and so on".

And just the huge masses of Christians are "cult" like. Have you ever seen one of those church shows on tv? They have stadiums filled with people looking up to the skys and praying while some guy screams verses from the bible. I don't think huge masses qualifies you as a cult though because then the Beatles might be considered a cult.

Those christians you've met, I would hold them in minority. Those are probably Jehovahs witnesses or Mormons, probably.

But I agree with you on those church shows on the christian channel, their kinda creepy especially when you have muppet rip offs talking about the bible. I would never attend something like that, to preachy for me.

Also I really don't think the religion itself uses fear, it just says, follow Jesus and your saved. Nothing like, do this or go to hell. Though I would be interested in some verses that actually something along those lines if you can find something like that. I would say the church has used fear in the past, but as of now both the religion and the church merely offer salvation and chance to be with God.

No they weren't Jehovahs witnesses or mormons. They were all Christan or Catholic. They were family friends and members of my church before I had stopped going to church. Heck some of them were even family members.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#52 123625
Member since 2006 • 9035 Posts
[QUOTE="123625"][QUOTE="fishingalex"]

They try using fear to get you to join their church/religion by saying things like "If you don't repent now your soul will not be saved" or "The Revelation is coming. Ask for God for forgiveness or you will spend eternity in Hell".

Also, Every Christian i've ever met (not a lot) always seems to be trying to convert everyone. It's like "you convert 2 people then they'll convert 2 people and so on".

And just the huge masses of Christians are "cult" like. Have you ever seen one of those church shows on tv? They have stadiums filled with people looking up to the skys and praying while some guy screams verses from the bible. I don't think huge masses qualifies you as a cult though because then the Beatles might be considered a cult.

jasonharris48

Those christians you've met, I would hold them in minority. Those are probably Jehovahs witnesses or Mormons, probably.

But I agree with you on those church shows on the christian channel, their kinda creepy especially when you have muppet rip offs talking about the bible. I would never attend something like that, to preachy for me.

Also I really don't think the religion itself uses fear, it just says, follow Jesus and your saved. Nothing like, do this or go to hell. Though I would be interested in some verses that actually something along those lines if you can find something like that. I would say the church has used fear in the past, but as of now both the religion and the church merely offer salvation and chance to be with God.

No they weren't Jehovahs witnesses or mormons. They were all Christan or Catholic. They were family friends and members of my church before I had stopped going to church. Heck some of them were even family members.

Are you fishingalex? And I was merely guessing as those churches tend to be the majority to do such actions within christianity. I'm not catholic, but i would think only a small amount of them do stuff like that. Or at least I hope so. I would like a poll or statistic on these activists.

Delongman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#53 Delongman
Member since 2005 • 1358 Posts
[QUOTE="Delongman"]

If you're a deist then say yay! Religion in itself is too corrupt for me to step back into church. You remember that historyy lesson when there was Italy monopolizing the role of pope intheir country? Or the time there was so much confusion that we had 3 popes? Or the time the church used to promise that the folks would go to heven if they pay up? Ok that's history and that stuff has been corrected, but the past remains the past.

There are so many religions out there that there can and never was compromise. Everybody claims to be right. And because of that those who are not in the right camp they are condemned eternally... Nah i dnt think God would do that. There are too many extremes in religion that are controversial, dangerous and unfounded or that lack concrete proof (i'm sure you can think up a lot of them but i won't mention any so as not to hurt certain beliefs).

I know good people who don't go to church and hypocrites who just go for the image. People should first open their eyes, assess themselves and see what God really wants. He left us here... gave us freedom, logic and a brain. We made rules, morals and came across religion. People should filter what's good from what's bad. I feel that that's even better than following religion. I'm not an atheist... The only prayer i say is "forgive us our sins" and "thank you for creation"... Damn i have the feeling that i've written anger-spawning stuff but this is what i feel in my heart and what i think God wants.

Funky_Llama

What kind of a deist prays to God? A deist God is aloof; he doesn't intervene. Praying to him is, therefore, pointless.

My prayers don't involve him intervening. I know he won't intervene but it's the least i can say. Just those 2 prayers...

fishingalex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 fishingalex
Member since 2004 • 2639 Posts

My grandparents on my Dad's side are Jehovah's and they have never talked to me once about religion believe or not. The only people that have tried to get me to join their religion is my brother and some friends (Christian) and my mom and her parents (Catholic).

Wtf is up with no eating meat on fridays?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 123625

My grandparents on my Dad's side are Jehovah's and they have never talked to me once about religion believe or not. The only people that have tried to get me to join their religion is my brother and some friends (Christian) and my mom and her parents (Catholic).

fishingalex

I beleive that's comunion.

fishingalex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 fishingalex
[QUOTE="fishingalex"]

I beleive that's comunion.

I believe it's weird.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts
[QUOTE="jasonharris48"][QUOTE="123625"][QUOTE="fishingalex"]

Are you fishingalex? And I was merely guessing as those churches tend to be the majority to do such actions within christianity. I'm not catholic, but i would think only a small amount of them do stuff like that. Or at least I hope so. I would like a poll or statistic on these activists.

My bad man LOL wasn't wearing my glasses at the time. I thought you were quoting me sorry for that.
Lansdowne5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 Lansdowne5
Member since 2008 • 6015 Posts

So now that i'm living on my own i've been away from my family for awhile and every time I go over to one of their houses they start this whole thing about believeing in God will make my life better. Most of this comes from my mother who knows that my life in the past was bad and until recently it's goten way better even without saying her so called 'prayer'. I haven't believed in this since I was 11 or 12 and she is always saying I need forgiveness if I want my soul saved and i'm all like wut. Now this wouldn't be bad if she didn't start her preaching to me like every time I come to visit and my grandmother who completely hates people who have preferences such as gays. Now I have no problem with Gays and when I mention about how not even half the population in the U.S. believes this stuff or so last time i've checked? She goes all in denial and I say you wouldn't even have fredom if you hadn't used the Native Americans and she says "they died for a purpose" Stuff like this greatly offends me due to being part Cherokee.

My mother agrees with everything this old hag spews out and every single time she asked me questions about my beliefs I answer fully while I ask one simple question or two and I get a answer that trails off the original path. I think we all can agree that without religion this world would be more at peace and such. I have no reason to believe in such things that have no proof that exist other than a book written by human-beings lol. My whole family is all up into this religion bs and there is no way to escape their constant gripes since I was a teen.. So I came to OT to vent and ask for tips about what to say to these christian fanatics who think people of sexual preference , cultures and different race will burn for eternity.

Monk10000

Your mum wants what's best for you, and if she believes in God than of course she will try to lead you back to him. She has no doubt been praying for you as hard as she can, maybe that is why your life has got better recently.

Please tell me you didn't call your Grandmother an 'old hag', this has nothing to do with religion but that is totally disrespectful. :?

Without religion, the world would be peaceful? You are joking right? Without morals the whole world would turn to hell. Your argument is with Christianity and that certainly does not teach of war.

:P Haha, that makes me laugh - 'I have no reason to believe in such things that have no proof that exist other than a book written by human-beings lol' You really think that Christians proof for God is based solely on the Bible? It is from their own personal experience with God, not others. If you base a faith on what someone else thinks you haven't really got faith at all.

If a Christian is fanatic then to be perfectly honest they are not being a true Christian. But I am pretty sure you are just calling them fanatics because you've turned away from God.

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Funky_Llama
Member since 2006 • 18428 Posts
[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"][QUOTE="Delongman"]

If you're a deist then say yay! Religion in itself is too corrupt for me to step back into church. You remember that historyy lesson when there was Italy monopolizing the role of pope intheir country? Or the time there was so much confusion that we had 3 popes? Or the time the church used to promise that the folks would go to heven if they pay up? Ok that's history and that stuff has been corrected, but the past remains the past.

There are so many religions out there that there can and never was compromise. Everybody claims to be right. And because of that those who are not in the right camp they are condemned eternally... Nah i dnt think God would do that. There are too many extremes in religion that are controversial, dangerous and unfounded or that lack concrete proof (i'm sure you can think up a lot of them but i won't mention any so as not to hurt certain beliefs).

I know good people who don't go to church and hypocrites who just go for the image. People should first open their eyes, assess themselves and see what God really wants. He left us here... gave us freedom, logic and a brain. We made rules, morals and came across religion. People should filter what's good from what's bad. I feel that that's even better than following religion. I'm not an atheist... The only prayer i say is "forgive us our sins" and "thank you for creation"... Damn i have the feeling that i've written anger-spawning stuff but this is what i feel in my heart and what i think God wants.

Delongman

What kind of a deist prays to God? A deist God is aloof; he doesn't intervene. Praying to him is, therefore, pointless.

My prayers don't involve him intervening. I know he won't intervene but it's the least i can say. Just those 2 prayers...

Ah, I see.

Avatar image for Harshvardhan666
Harshvardhan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Harshvardhan666
Member since 2008 • 1960 Posts

Your mum wants what's best for you, and if she believes in God than of course she will try to lead you back to him. She has no doubt been praying for you as hard as she can, maybe that is why your life has got better recently.

Please tell me you didn't call your Grandmother an 'old hag', this has nothing to do with religion but that is totally disrespectful. :?

Without religion, the world would be peaceful? You are joking right? Without morals the whole world would turn to hell. Your argument is with Christianity and that certainly does not teach of war.

:P Haha, that makes me laugh - 'I have no reason to believe in such things that have no proof that exist other than a book written by human-beings lol' You really think that Christians proof for God is based solely on the Bible? It is from their own personal experience with God, not others. If you base a faith on what wesomeone else thinks you haven't really got faith at all.

If a Christian is fanatic then to be perfectly honest they are not being a true Christian. But I am pretty sure you are just calling them fanatics because you've turned away from God.

Lansdowne5
You just brought up points that have been argued agains countless times in the religious threads. If his mom wants the best for him,she'll let him choose his own faith or lack thereof. And here we go again with the "atheism = immoralism"
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts

Yeah...because the small percentage of the Christian population that is your family certainly speaks for the majority of the group.:roll:

Seriously.....generalizing is never a good idea.

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Funky_Llama
[QUOTE="Monk10000"]

So now that i'm living on my own i've been away from my family for awhile and every time I go over to one of their houses they start this whole thing about believeing in God will make my life better. Most of this comes from my mother who knows that my life in the past was bad and until recently it's goten way better even without saying her so called 'prayer'. I haven't believed in this since I was 11 or 12 and she is always saying I need forgiveness if I want my soul saved and i'm all like wut. Now this wouldn't be bad if she didn't start her preaching to me like every time I come to visit and my grandmother who completely hates people who have preferences such as gays. Now I have no problem with Gays and when I mention about how not even half the population in the U.S. believes this stuff or so last time i've checked? She goes all in denial and I say you wouldn't even have fredom if you hadn't used the Native Americans and she says "they died for a purpose" Stuff like this greatly offends me due to being part Cherokee.

My mother agrees with everything this old hag spews out and every single time she asked me questions about my beliefs I answer fully while I ask one simple question or two and I get a answer that trails off the original path. I think we all can agree that without religion this world would be more at peace and such. I have no reason to believe in such things that have no proof that exist other than a book written by human-beings lol. My whole family is all up into this religion bs and there is no way to escape their constant gripes since I was a teen.. So I came to OT to vent and ask for tips about what to say to these christian fanatics who think people of sexual preference , cultures and different race will burn for eternity.

Lansdowne5

:P Haha, that makes me laugh - 'I have no reason to believe in such things that have no proof that exist other than a book written by human-beings lol' You really think that Christians proof for God is based solely on the Bible? It is from their own personal experience with God, not others. If you base a faith on what someone else thinks you haven't really got faith at all.

His mom and grandmother are clearly complete nutcases. I'm not surprised that he was turned away from Christianity.

What makes you think that without religion, there can be no morals? I am an atheist and I try to be a good person, and I'm sure others are the same.

Considering some vague sense of personal connection to be proof is pretty silly.

Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts
[QUOTE="fishingalex"]

My brother (age 12) went to a Christian bible camp for a week not knowing anything about religion. He comes back and he tells me I am going to be turned into blood mush and sent to hell in the revolation because I'm a sinner.

Wtf?

-RocBoys9489-

:lol:

I second that. :lol: I hate people who try to convert you...

Lansdowne5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Lansdowne5
[QUOTE="Lansdowne5"]

:P Haha, that makes me laugh - 'I have no reason to believe in such things that have no proof that exist other than a book written by human-beings lol' You really think that Christians proof for God is based solely on the Bible? It is from their own personal experience with God, not others. If you base a faith on what wesomeone else thinks you haven't really got faith at all.

Harshvardhan666

You just brought up points that have been argued agains countless times in the religious threads. If his mom wants the best for him,she'll let him choose his own faith or lack thereof. And here we go again with the "atheism = immoralism"

That's ridiculous, if she truly believed in God. Regardless of whether God is real or not. Then because of that faith she would be trying to do what was best for him. In her opinion, leaving him to stray into a life of sin would not be doing what was best for him. Therefore, by praying to God, she would be doing what she thought was best for him.

Yes here we go again.

wizard90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 wizard90
Member since 2007 • 1464 Posts
[QUOTE="Monk10000"]

Lansdowne5

What makes you think morals exist only because of religeon, thats BS, I have very strong morals and I basicly made them up myself from my own life experience, if your following rules or 'morals' because they are an a religeos book, then they arent really your own, meaning you might not even have morals, you are just going with that you read in a book, you might not even know right from wrong

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts

What makes you think morals exist only because of religeon, thats BS, I have very strong morals and I basicly made them up myself from my own life experience, if your following rules or 'morals' because they are an a religeos book, then they arent really your own, meaning you might not even have morals, you are just going with that you read in a book, you might not even know right from wrong

wizard90
Considering a moral code has been around for such a long time and has effected the world whether they follow where morals came from or not....I highly doubt anyone can create a moral code from scratch without crossing into some territory that's already been covered.:|
Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Funky_Llama
[QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"][QUOTE="Lansdowne5"]

Lansdowne5

That's ridiculous, if she truly believed in God. Regardless of whether God is real or not. Then because of that faith she would be trying to do what was best for him. In her opinion, leaving him to stray into a life of sin would not be doing what was best for him. Therefore, by praying to God, she would be doing what she thought was best for him.

Yes here we go again.

That's a straw man argument. What does a 'life of sin' have to do with this?

Harshvardhan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Harshvardhan666

Yes here we go again.

Lansdowne5
Applying your logic,wouldn't it be better if the kid found christ by himself?Wouldn't that life of sin be forgiven by god?
Lansdowne5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Lansdowne5
[QUOTE="Lansdowne5"][QUOTE="Monk10000"]

Funky_Llama

His mom and grandmother are clearly complete nutcases. I'm not surprised that he was turned away from Christianity.

What makes you think that without religion, there can be no morals? I am an atheist and I try to be a good person, and I'm sure others are the same.

Considering some vague sense of personal connection to be proof is pretty silly.

Well they clearly don't think they are nutcases. I'm a Christian, does that make me a nutcase? Christianity only offers help, love and support.

This is leading on to what I said yesterday in the Jesus thread, morals change depending on what era your living in. The Bible's morals are everlasting.

Maybe it is silly to you, but we are not talking about you are we? We are talking about the reason why they are Christians. How could you possibly consider something silly when you haven't experienced it yourself? You're clearly a logical person and see God as being illogical but we as Christians do not. You can't try and get into the frame of mind of a Christian and try to understand because you can only understand if you believe in God.

Lansdowne5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Lansdowne5
[QUOTE="Lansdowne5"][QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"][QUOTE="Lansdowne5"]

Funky_Llama

Yes here we go again.

You can't apply scarecrow arguments etc to religion, it doesn't work. We are talking about religion, sin is one of the most major parts of religion there is.

Avatar image for MetalGear_Ninty
MetalGear_Ninty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 MetalGear_Ninty
Member since 2008 • 6337 Posts
[QUOTE="Monk10000"]

Lansdowne5

Morality can exist without religion. Hmmm, I wonder what humanity did before the ten commandments -- they weren't exactly complete barbarians.

Harshvardhan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Harshvardhan666

Well they clearly don't think they are nutcases. I'm a Christian, does that make me a nutcase? Christianity only offers help, love and support.

This is leading on to what I said yesterday in the Jesus thread, morals change depending on what era your living in. The Bible's morals are everlasting.

Maybe it is silly to you, but we are not talking about you are we? We are talking about the reason why they are Christians. How could you possibly consider something silly when you haven't experienced it yourself? You're clearly a logical person and see God as being illogical but we as Christians do not. You can't try and get into the frame of mind of a Christian and try to understand because you can only understand if you believe in God.

Lansdowne5
No that does not make you a nutcase.But when you stuff religion down someones throat,then it does. Why did that thread get locked? And this is where you are wrong.We have thought about a god being there.Didn't buy it.It is you who can't get into our frame of mind because you cannot think of a god not existing.We can do both sides.
Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Funky_Llama
[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"][QUOTE="Lansdowne5"][QUOTE="Monk10000"]

Lansdowne5

I'm sure they don't, but they still are.

The Bible's morals have the very dangerous combination of being both wrong and uncorrectable.

I used to be Christian. Clearly that 'personal connection' isn't as powerful as you like to think.

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Funky_Llama
[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"][QUOTE="Lansdowne5"][QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"][QUOTE="Lansdowne5"]

Lansdowne5

Yes here we go again.

You can't apply scarecrow arguments etc to religion, it doesn't work. We are talking about religion, sin is one of the most major parts of religion there is.

Ooh, that was siggable: "sin is one of the most major parts of religion there is."

Heh... so, why doesn't it work? If you're going to declare yourself immune from me pointing out that you're using a straw man argument, at least say why.

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Funky_Llama

Why did that thread get locked? Harshvardhan666

I'm guessing because it went wildly off-topic.

fishingalex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 fishingalex

Christians think they're better than everyone.

If you disagree please explain why.

Harshvardhan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Harshvardhan666

[QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"] Why did that thread get locked? Funky_Llama

Bummer.I thought it was gonna beat the bible thread in posts.
Lansdowne5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Lansdowne5

[QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"] Why did that thread get locked? Funky_Llama

That was my guess. The last message was something like 'everyone on here has a vendetta against islam' nothing much to do with 'Who do you think Jesus Christ was?'

Thevenin167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Thevenin167
Member since 2008 • 768 Posts
not all of them are like that but i do feel for you, one of my Ex's had country bread hardcore christian parents and they drove me nuts.
fishingalex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 fishingalex
[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"]

[QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"] Why did that thread get locked? Lansdowne5

That was my guess. The last message was something like 'everyone on here has a vendetta against islam' nothing much to do with 'Who do you think Jesus Christ was?'

Jesus Christ was obviously Ted Nugent who'd gone back in time.

Lansdowne5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Lansdowne5

fishingalex

Nope, because the point of Christianity is that everyone is equal.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 123625

fishingalex

Okay, I'm a christian, and I think all humans are equal no matter what they beleive. Therefore I think your wrong, because you generalise all christians into one frame of mind.

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Funky_Llama

fishingalex

I hereby accuse you of fallaciously shifting the burden of proof. How do you plead?

fishingalex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 fishingalex
[QUOTE="fishingalex"]

Lansdowne5

But if I'm not Christian then I am classified as a sinner and therefore I go to Hell and all Christians go to Heaven. Right?

So wouldn't that mean you think you're better? If we're all equal shouldn't we all go to the same place?

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Funky_Llama
[QUOTE="Lansdowne5"][QUOTE="fishingalex"]

fishingalex

But if I'm not Christian then I am classified as a sinner and therefore I go to Hell and all Christians go to Heaven. Right?

So wouldn't that mean you think you're better? If we're all equal shouldn't we all go to the same place?

Not all Christians think that only Christians go to heaven.

Lansdowne5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Lansdowne5
[QUOTE="Lansdowne5"][QUOTE="Funky_Llama"][QUOTE="Lansdowne5"][QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"][QUOTE="Lansdowne5"]

Funky_Llama

Yes here we go again.

Ooh, that was siggable: "sin is one of the most major parts of religion there is."

Heh... so, why doesn't it work? If you're going to declare yourself immune from me pointing out that you're using a straw man argument, at least say why.

At least you didn't actually sig it. Dinosaurs and fire come to mind..... Anyway do you disagree that sin is a major part of religion then?

Well because everything natural can be explained scientifically and logically, God cannot.

fishingalex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 fishingalex
And I seriously just want to be informed about your views becuase I get most of my christian info from my 12 year old brother nowadays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 123625

fishingalex

Christians sin too in life, therefore are just as bad as any non beleiver. Christians are classified as sinners as well. Therefore during life, we are equal, but after life. meh I don't know.

fishingalex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 fishingalex
[QUOTE="fishingalex"][QUOTE="Lansdowne5"][QUOTE="fishingalex"]

Funky_Llama

Ok, that is different then but how can people in the same religion have the different beliefs?

Lansdowne5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Lansdowne5

fishingalex

No, we are all equal. Everyone has the choice to sin, but Christians repent for it, therefore, although we are equal, we are saved for believing in God. Just because you decide not to do something doesn't remove the equality.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Funky_Llama
[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"][QUOTE="Lansdowne5"][QUOTE="Funky_Llama"][QUOTE="Lansdowne5"][QUOTE="Harshvardhan666"][QUOTE="Lansdowne5"]

Lansdowne5

Yes here we go again.

At least you didn't actually sig it. Dinosaurs and fire come to mind..... Anyway do you disagree that sin is a major part of religion then?

Well because everything natural can be explained scientifically and logically, God cannot.

:) I see what you did there.

I would have thought that not sinning would be a major part of religion. ;)

Anyway, you've made a rather dangerous mistake here: if God is immune from our processes of rational, logical thought... how do you he exists? If God is inherently illogical, you can't.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 123625
[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"][QUOTE="fishingalex"][QUOTE="Lansdowne5"][QUOTE="fishingalex"]

fishingalex

Ok, that is different then but how can people in the same religion have the different beliefs?

Different understanding leads to different views, it doesn't mean the religion has changed as long as the fundemental teaching is still there.

fishingalex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 fishingalex

Lansdowne5

No, we are all equal. Everyone has the choice to sin, but Christians repent for it, therefore, although we are equal, we are saved for believing in God. Just because you decide not to do something doesn't remove the equality.

Well I do believe in God so all I'd have to do is repent and I'd be in Heaven? That seems weird.

Lansdowne5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Lansdowne5

Funky_Llama

Yes they do. Do you actually know what a Christian is? A Christian is a person who accepts that through Jesus Christ, all of their sins can be forgiven and that by believing in him they will have eternal life.

If they believe that other people besides Christians can also have eternal life then they are not being a Christian. So to dispute your claim, I would say that if someone says that other people can go to Heaven then they are not a true Christian.

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Funky_Llama
[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"][QUOTE="fishingalex"][QUOTE="Lansdowne5"][QUOTE="fishingalex"]

fishingalex

Different interpretations.

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Funky_Llama

Lansdowne5

Yes they do. Do you actually know what a Christian is? A Christian is a person who accepts that through Jesus Christ, all of their sins can be forgiven and that by believing in him they will have eternal life.

If they believe that other people besides Christians can also have eternal life then they are not being a Christian. So to dispute your claim, I would say that if someone says that other people can go to Heaven then they are not a true Christian.

So, Gandhi is burning in hell, is he? :roll:

I'd also like to point out that the Pope agrees with me on this matter.

Lansdowne5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Lansdowne5
[QUOTE="Lansdowne5"][QUOTE="fishingalex"][QUOTE="Lansdowne5"][QUOTE="fishingalex"]

fishingalex

Well I do believe in God so all I'd have to do is repent and I'd be in Heaven? That seems weird.

Um, I suggest you read the Bible if you believe in the Christian triune God.

Lansdowne5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Lansdowne5
[QUOTE="Lansdowne5"][QUOTE="Funky_Llama"][QUOTE="fishingalex"][QUOTE="Lansdowne5"][QUOTE="fishingalex"]

Funky_Llama

So, Gandhi is burning in hell, is he? :roll:

I'd also like to the point out that the Pope agrees with me on this matter.

Well that is between him and God, but you can't choose to practice four different religions, so from what the Bible teaches I would say yes.

The Pope is a Catholic.

Avatar image for MetalGear_Ninty
MetalGear_Ninty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 MetalGear_Ninty
Member since 2008 • 6337 Posts

The Pope is a Catholic.Lansdowne5

No **** Sherlock. :P