Here's what the GOP promises to do for YOU

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101201/ap_on_go_co/us_democrats_lame_duck_politics

Republicans are sure looking out for the Common Man, all right; promising to prevent anything from being done until the Democrats are bullied into extending these ruinous tax cuts during a time of economic crisis shows just what kind of integrity we elected into Congress.

Franklinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Franklinstein
Member since 2004 • 7017 Posts
Republicans are the best! That just seems like such an immature way to go about politics. If the PEOPLE wanted it, they should not have to be scared of it ending.
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Someone better call the waaahmbulance for the OT democrats.

This is akin to Republican users complaining about Obama after he'd only been elected for a month.

Agent-Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Agent-Zero
Member since 2009 • 6198 Posts

Maybe if the liberals weren't off trying to marry gays and save the environment stuff could get done.

:P

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts
I for one, am ready for the immanent government shut down.
testfactor888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 testfactor888
Member since 2010 • 7157 Posts
I am glad Republicans are doing this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

I am glad Republicans are doing this. testfactor888

I second this. I'd rather they stand for what they said they were going to. Anything bad that happens in the process lands squarely falls on the democrats' shoulders.

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

I for one, am ready for the immanent government shut down. -Sun_Tzu-

And have them default on their debts causing the US to collapse making the great depression look like the good ol days? sounds great.

UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 UltimoIce
Member since 2009 • 3074 Posts

As long as the pubs keep letting me retain the largest amount of my income possible...GO REPUBLICANS. I don't care about much else when it comes down to it. Both sides will screw you over.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#10 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

I'm glad that the Republicans are standing up for America's interests.

Oh, wait, no, 57% of Americans either want the tax cuts to expire entirely or to expire for wealthy Americans.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

[QUOTE="testfactor888"]I am glad Republicans are doing this. airshocker

I second this. I'd rather they stand for what they said they were going to. Anything bad that happens in the process lands squarely falls on the democrats' shoulders.

So if the Democrats don't cave to the Republican demands...it would be the Dems' fault? How does that work?

Agent-Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Agent-Zero

You can't be sure of that. Republicans could be preventing stuff that helps, but we'll never know because they are blocking it. And now nothing gets done, instead of something.
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

Someone better call the waaahmbulance for the OT democrats.

This is akin to Republican users complaining about Obama after he'd only been elected for a month.

airshocker

It's just post-election sour grapes, Mike.:P

The public has deemed liberal policies to have failed, and it's high time we returned to responsible government.:)

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#14 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

IF they really wanted nothing done, they should have just left the congress as a democrat majority. Then we could sit and listen to why they can't get anything passed despite having a super majority. Let's blame the republicans despite the fact that they could have done nothing to block legislation had the dems wanted to pass it. If you should be upset about anything, it should be the piss poor leadership of the democratic party and their frank incompetence in governing.

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Guybrush_3

Are you serious? The republicans are holding the country hostage and you think anything bad that happens is the democrats fault?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

So if the Democrats don't cave to the Republican demands...it would be the Dems' fault? How does that work?

JML897

The same way the Democrats have been blaming the Republicans for stonewalling their agenda.

Do you watch the news?

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 -Sun_Tzu-

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]I for one, am ready for the immanent government shut down. Guybrush_3

And have them default on their debts causing the US to collapse making the great depression look like the good ol days? sounds great.

Yep, should be fun. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

You can't be sure of that. Republicans could be preventing stuff that helps, but we'll never know because they are blocking it. And now nothing gets done, instead of something.Agent-Zero

Considering a broken health care bill got 'done' on the Democrats watch, this is a very good thing.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Theokhoth

IF they really wanted nothing done, they should have just left the congress as a democrat majority. Then we could sit and listen to why they can't get anything passed despite having a super majority. Let's blame the republicans despite the fact that they could have done nothing to block legislation had the dems wanted to pass it. If you should be upset about anything, it should be the piss poor leadership of the democratic party and their frank incompetence in governing.

sonicare
Couldn't stop it, except with a filibuster they employed several times.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Are you serious? The republicans are holding the country hostage and you think anything bad that happens is the democrats fault?

Guybrush_3

Yes.

Agent-Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Agent-Zero

[QUOTE="Agent-Zero"]You can't be sure of that. Republicans could be preventing stuff that helps, but we'll never know because they are blocking it. And now nothing gets done, instead of something.airshocker

Considering a broken health care bill got 'done' on the Democrats watch, this is a very good thing.

Why is it broken?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

It's just post-election sour grapes, Mike.:P

The public has deemed liberal policies to have failed, and it's high time we returned to responsible government.:)

topsemag55

I know. It's just funny because I can remember democrats telling us, even now, that we shouldn't have expected anything to get done with the President in office for such a 'short' amount of time.

entropyecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 entropyecho
Member since 2005 • 22053 Posts

Whatever happens, happens. I just don't care anymore.

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Guybrush_3

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

airshocker

Yes.

So you think hostage takers are in the right. Good god man your priorities are screwed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Why is it broken?Agent-Zero

Health insurance premiums are going up.

Nobody read the bill, so we're still being surprised by things in it.

The strain it puts o9n small business.

The strain it puts on corporations. They're filing for EXEMPTIONS because of it. I mean, the alternative is worse, they could be laying people off.

Need I list more?

UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 UltimoIce

Whatever happens, happens. I just don't care anymore.

entropyecho

Winner! Join me in the new way of life, known as the "whoever lets me keep the most of my income and doesn't give it to poor people gets my vote" ideology.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JML897

I know. It's just funny because I can remember democrats telling us, even now, that we shouldn't have expected anything to get done with the President in office for such a 'short' amount of time.

airshocker

But at least Obama never said "I'm not going to do anything else until this bill is passed."

[QUOTE="JML897"]

airshocker

The same way the Democrats have been blaming the Republicans for stonewalling their agenda.

Do you watch the news?

I never said the Dems were much better. They failed when they had control of the Congress.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
[QUOTE="Theokhoth"][QUOTE="sonicare"]

And the dems had a filibuster proof majority in the house . . . . . .Only reason they didn't pass legislation was because they were incompetent,
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Theokhoth

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

Guybrush_3

Yes.

So you think hostage takers are in the right. Good god man your priorities are screwed.

It's political Stockholm Syndrome.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 -Sun_Tzu-

sonicare
Except the democrats did want to pass a lot of stuff (and appoint a lot of people to important positions), but couldn't because the Republicans resorted to parliamentary delay tactics and were only interested in making life as miserable as possible for the majority, and they're planning on doing the same exact thing next congress. Mitch McConnel has come out and said that the most important thing that congressional republicans want to achieve isn't to improve the economy and create jobs but to make Obama a one-term president.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Guybrush_3

Yes, because they're standing up for what I believe in.

My priorities are screwed? My party didn't get demolished in the November elections.

UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 UltimoIce

[QUOTE="Agent-Zero"]Why is it broken?airshocker

Health insurance premiums are going up.

Nobody read the bill, so we're still being surprised by things in it.

The strain it puts o9n small business.

The strain it puts on corporations. They're filing for EXEMPTIONS because of it. I mean, the alternative is worse, they could be laying people off.

Need I list more?

I'm not one for arguing, but I think a citizen tax is pretty bull as well. I mean, one video comes to mind where a dem literally says "I don't care about the constitution". That irked me slightly.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Theokhoth
[QUOTE="sonicare"][QUOTE="Theokhoth"][QUOTE="sonicare"]

And the dems had a filibuster proof majority in the house . . . . . .Only reason they didn't pass legislation was because they were incompetent,

You need the House AND the Senate to pass a bill. They didn't have a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate. You've ignored this point at least twice now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

But at least Obama never said "I'm not going to do anything else until this bill is passed."

I never said the Dems were much better. They failed when they had control of the Congress.

JML897

I'm perfectly fine with the restraining order the voters put on Obama and the Democrat's agenda.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 -Sun_Tzu-
[QUOTE="sonicare"][QUOTE="Theokhoth"][QUOTE="sonicare"]

The house actually passed a lot of legislation; it was the senate that couldn't get anything passed (mainly because of the filibuster), and if it can't get through the senate it can't get to the president's desk.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="sonicare"]

Except the democrats did want to pass a lot of stuff (and appoint a lot of people to important positions), but couldn't because the Republicans resorted to parliamentary delay tactics and were only interested in making life as miserable as possible for the majority, and they're planning on doing the same exact thing next congress. Mitch McConnel has come out and said that the most important thing that congressional republicans want to achieve isn't to improve the economy and create jobs but to make Obama a one-term president.

The democrats couldn't find the support amongst their own party. They can blame the republicans all they want, but they showed poor leadership and an inability to get things done. They came in with a super majority and a mandate. The republican party was at risk of becoming marginalized. And the dems fumbled away their advantage and their mandate.
Agent-Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Agent-Zero
To me this all seems like some silly game. Democrats vs Republicans. It's not about helping the people anymore, or doing whats right, it's about your team winning. Whether that be "offensively" or "defensively".

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

I'm not one for arguing, but I think a citizen tax is pretty bull as well. I mean, one video comes to mind where a dem literally says "I don't care about the constitution". That irked me slightly.

UltimoIce

That was Phil Hare and he lost his re-election.

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Guybrush_3

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

airshocker

Yes, because they're standing up for what I believe in.

My priorities are screwed? My party didn't get demolished in the November elections.

The dems lost out mostly because people are scared, stupid, and have the memory of a goldfish in situations like this and Republicans are very good at taking advantage of all of that.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JML897

To me this all seems like some silly game. Democrats vs Republicans. It's not about helping the people anymore, or doing whats right, it's about your team winning. Whether that be "offensively" or "defensively".Agent-Zero

Couldn't agree more. It's incredibly frustrating.

CRS98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 CRS98
Member since 2004 • 9036 Posts
Well, if they're not out, I guess I'll just go camping for the rest of my life.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Theokhoth

[QUOTE="JML897"]

airshocker

I'm perfectly fine with the restraining order the voters put on Obama and the Democrat's agenda.

*Snicker* The voters voted for the Republicans so the Republicans can get things done, not play Obstructionism. And the Republicans promised to get things done; promises that were clearly bare-assed lies.
wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts
No compromise at all? Why can't they trade tax cuts for DADT or something like that?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
[QUOTE="sonicare"][QUOTE="Theokhoth"] Couldn't stop it, except with a filibuster they employed several times.Theokhoth

You need the House AND the Senate to pass a bill. They didn't have a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate. You've ignored this point at least twice now.

I think that's just what you want to believe. Blame it on somebody else. Fact is the dems failed america. They failed to enact the changes they had promised. They did not take the initiative to do anything. Had they done that, the people would likely have supported them handily. Bush was a goof and got a ton of things passed including his infamous tax cuts for the wealthy. Obama couldnt even get those repealed despite the large advantages he had.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

The dems lost out mostly because people are scared, stupid, and have the memory of a goldfish in situations like this and Republicans are very good at taking advantage of all of that.

Guybrush_3

They lost because the majority of voters didn't like what they stood for.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#47 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

[QUOTE="JML897"]

airshocker

If this is what the voters wanted, then why do 57% of Americans support allowing the tax cuts to expire on at least some Americans, and why are Republicans holding America hostage to enact a plan supported by only 40% of Americans?

I mean I could've sworn I heard public opinion cited again and again and again regarding what the Democrats should be doing in Congress.

UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 UltimoIce

To me this all seems like some silly game. Democrats vs Republicans. It's not about helping the people anymore, or doing whats right, it's about your team winning. Whether that be "offensively" or "defensively".Agent-Zero

We should set up parties like football teams. I elect the peso defense be used by the republicans. Shut down the pass and make the opponent beat you with their legs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

*Snicker* The voters voted for the Republicans so the Republicans can get things done, not play Obstructionism. And the Republicans promised to get things done; promises that were clearly bare-assed lies.Theokhoth

I voted for the Republicans to stop Obama's agenda. So long as that happens, we can only go up. :)

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Theokhoth
[QUOTE="Theokhoth"][QUOTE="sonicare"] And the dems had a filibuster proof majority in the house . . . . . .Only reason they didn't pass legislation was because they were incompetent,sonicare

I think that's just what you want to believe.

No, that's reality, something you're clearly not familiar with if you dismiss the fact that the Republicans filibustered DADT repeal among several other bits of legislation last year.