Here's what the GOP promises to do for YOU

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#351 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

[QUOTE="testfactor888"]I am glad Republicans are doing this. Guybrush_3

I second this. I'd rather they stand for what they said they were going to. Anything bad that happens in the process lands squarely falls on the democrats' shoulders.

Are you serious? The republicans are holding the country hostage and you think anything bad that happens is the democrats fault?

No. I think he's someone who sees right through Republican's twisty talking... and likes them for it. :| I'm now confused.
HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#352 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Personal responsibility and accountability is everything because the lack of it is why this country is in the hole to begin with. Having compasion is one thing but to say that personal responsibility is important to an extent is foolish. You should always have it.

xscrapzx

How is a child personally responsible about getting fed? They're children for Christ's sake. You can pin this whole holier than thou attitude on adults about responsibility but how on Earth can you punish a child for being poor and in a disadvantage position?

SpartanMSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#353 SpartanMSU
Member since 2009 • 3440 Posts

[QUOTE="xscrapzx"]

Personal responsibility and accountability is everything because the lack of it is why this country is in the hole to begin with. Having compasion is one thing but to say that personal responsibility is important to an extent is foolish. You should always have it.

HoolaHoopMan

How is a child personally responsible about getting fed? They're children for Christ's sake. You can pin this whole holier than thou attitude on adults about responsibility but how on Earth can you punish a child for being poor and in a disadvantage position?

Because it's the parents responsibility, and you don't make someone responsible by giving them free handouts and encouraging them to have kids when they can't afford them.

Look at the Cabrini-Green projects (mostly the people that lived there) in Chicago that just closed. Perfect example of government idiocy and ***-backward entitlement programs. Things are done with the best intentions, but have adverse effects.

Anyways, a lot of the kids that get free lunch don't even need it. They're parents are perfectly capable of paying yet they siphon off the system.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#354 mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58559 Posts

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

[QUOTE="SpartanMSU"]

Isn't that what Darth Caedus just did?:lol:

SpartanMSU

he is obviously a double agent, posing as a democrat when in reality he is a diehard neoconservative Limbaugh disciple!

Nice try, Caudeus! You cant fool us liberals, though, we are two smart four u! bwahahahaha!

:P

So what was the point of this post?

just a little joke to lighten the mood. Sorry if it was not funny/went over your head :D

Life is too short to argue over politics all the time.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#355 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"] my dad was a single parent raising two kids and he worked at Safeway. if he could be responsible for his kids and his own i dont see why anyone else cant. did my brother have the latest clothing? hell no, we lived Spartan as all hell but we lived because we understood responsibility and that is the greatest gift any father can give to his sons.surrealnumber5

That's great for you, but other families haven't been able to get by without assistance from the government, and even then they aren't really getting by. There exists kids that are dependent on school lunch programs - this is a fact and there's no way to deny it.

i went to school in the "ghetto" for the first 6 years of my primary scholastic life, and those kids getting the free lunches sure as hell had more creature comforts then i. thank god i was pulled out of that racist place after the principle told my dad that there is no room for white kids in TAG

Why in the world do you think your situation (if you're not making it up) is so relevant when talking about other people's situations?

And I fail to see what race has to do with this conversation.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="xscrapzx"]

HoolaHoopMan

I wouldn't even bother. Some people are just so full of ideology that there's no room for reality.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#357 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] That's great for you, but other families haven't been able to get by without assistance from the government, and even then they aren't really getting by. There exists kids that are dependent on school lunch programs - this is a fact and there's no way to deny it.

i went to school in the "ghetto" for the first 6 years of my primary scholastic life, and those kids getting the free lunches sure as hell had more creature comforts then i. thank god i was pulled out of that racist place after the principle told my dad that there is no room for white kids in TAG

Why in the world do you think your situation (if you're not making it up) is so relevant when talking about other people's situations?

he was talking about inner city kids, and in my life i have seen nothing but abuse of these systems. oh yea and screw you if you think my life is fake.
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"] i went to school in the "ghetto" for the first 6 years of my primary scholastic life, and those kids getting the free lunches sure as hell had more creature comforts then i. thank god i was pulled out of that racist place after the principle told my dad that there is no room for white kids in TAGsurrealnumber5

he was talking about inner city kids, and in my life i have seen nothing but abuse of these systems. oh yea and screw you if you think my life is fake.

It's the internet. Anybody can make up a narrative that fits their argument. That's why it's better to avoid anecdotal arguments. I mean, maybe you're story is true. I have no idea.But...why is it particularly relevant what you've seen? How does what you've seen apply to other people's situations? Are you omnipotent or something? Your experiences don't account for the difficulities that other people face. Seriously, stop being so self-absorbed.

Lastly, you still haven't told me what race has to dodo with this conversation.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359 surrealnumber5
[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

It's the internet. Anybody can make up a narrative that fits their argument. That's why it's better to avoid anecdotal arguments.

Again, why is it particularly relevantwhat you've seen?How does what you've seen apply to other people's situations? Are you omnipotent or something? Your experiences don't account for the difficulities that other people face. Seriously,stop being so self-absorbed.

race does not have anything to do with the abuse of social welfare programs, but it did play a large role in my childhood, sorry if its not natural to detatch childhood scars from childhood observations.
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"] he was talking about inner city kids, and in my life i have seen nothing but abuse of these systems. oh yea and screw you if you think my life is fake.surrealnumber5

It's the internet. Anybody can make up a narrative that fits their argument. That's why it's better to avoid anecdotal arguments.

Again, why is it particularly relevantwhat you've seen?How does what you've seen apply to other people's situations? Are you omnipotent or something? Your experiences don't account for the difficulities that other people face. Seriously,stop being so self-absorbed.

race does not have anything to do with the abuse of social welfare programs, but it did play a large role in my childhood, sorry if its not natural to detatch childhood scars from childhood observations.

I probably shouldn't have included the bit about "making it up". It wasn't called for. It's just that I have witnessed so many instances of people just making **** up on the internet to bolster their stories that I'm cynical.

But anyway, like I said, I don't see how you can take your particular situation and apply it to others as if all the variables are constant.

You seemed to have had a responsible father and he seemed to be able to make things work. Otherkidsdon't have stable family situations and as Sun_Tzu said, they are dependent on school lunches.

It

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361 surrealnumber5
[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

I probably shouldn't have included the bit about "making it up". It wasn't called for. It's just that I have witnessed so many instances of people just making **** up on the internet to bolster their stories that I'm cynical.

But anyway, like I said, I don't see how you can take your particular situation and apply it to others as if all the variables are constant.

You seemed to have had a responsible father and he seemed to be able to make things work. Otherkidsdon't have stable family situations and as Sun_Tzu said, they are dependent on school lunches.

It

you are right i cant project my life over the population, but at the same time its what people see and do that shapes their opinions, if i were raised differently i would have other views, and chances are if it were in a more forgiving environment i would be less of a hardass. do some people need these programs? maybe, but they should be done on the local governmental level not the federal, i dont know of a single fed program that was effective in only doing what it was made for