This topic is locked from further discussion.

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301 Philokalia
Member since 2012 • 2910 Posts

Im a former muslims answering the question? Where do you think they were? Muslims believe Christianity was corrupted soon after its creation. BossPerson

I think they didn't exist and theres no evidence of islamic followers anywhere. Perhaps this silence means nothing to certain muslims but the quran assures us they survived, in fact they had to in order for the quran to be true, because it says they would be glorius to the day of judgement. Uppermost as the most literal translation, yet it was the Nicenes who became uppermost by the time of Islam and most islamic commentators have intepreted it that it was the roman empire that fulfills this promise, the problem is that Christians contradict islam.

A muslim cannot believe Christianity was corrupted soon after its creation, to do so is to render the quran untrustable.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#302 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts
[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="GazaAli"] not really be my guest.

Well then. Just because science changes, doesnt mean that current theories arent true. Should we stop believing in the heliocentric theory of the solar system just because it might be wrong later? Even if it could be wrong, does that mean Islam is right? At least science is based in reality and observation, and willing to change, unlike religion (especially Islam, since Muslims believe it is the word of God, thus perfect). Do you really think we are going to find later in 200 years that Adam and Eve actually existed?

The analogy between religion and Islam that I made was not meant to be taken this way. I may presented my point in an unclear way. I'm not saying that scientific theories necessarily cancel each other, all I'm saying is that sometimes scientific discoveries were made away from the conventional and more likely. Obviously science and religion are two separate things. One deals exclusively with the tangible in its broadest term and the other deals with spirituality and whatnot. Islam does chance on a micro level that fits the lives of its followers according to their times but yes on the macro level its pretty much the same and will always be the same.

Even on the micro level it barely changes. What changes are Muslims/ not Islam. Since muslims believe the Quran is the word of god, they think its 100% perfect. The official rules of Islam dont change, they remain the same forever. Unlike Catholocism where the pope can change the official view of the church on things like evolution Muslims changing their lifestyle and beliefs is not a product of Islam changing, its a product of Muslims deviating from the original message. There is two types of religion imo, strict religion and lazy religion. Strict religion speaks for itself, while lazy religion is when the person deviates from the original message because he understands that the times have changed so drastically enough to warrant a deviation.
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303 Philokalia

=show me verse, i think i know what you're talking about

GrayF0X786

Behold! Allah said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee SUPERIOR to those who reject faith, TO THE DAY OF RESURRECTION: Then shall ye all return unto Me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute." S. 3:55

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="BossPerson"]Well then. Just because science changes, doesnt mean that current theories arent true. Should we stop believing in the heliocentric theory of the solar system just because it might be wrong later? Even if it could be wrong, does that mean Islam is right? At least science is based in reality and observation, and willing to change, unlike religion (especially Islam, since Muslims believe it is the word of God, thus perfect). Do you really think we are going to find later in 200 years that Adam and Eve actually existed? BossPerson
The analogy between religion and Islam that I made was not meant to be taken this way. I may presented my point in an unclear way. I'm not saying that scientific theories necessarily cancel each other, all I'm saying is that sometimes scientific discoveries were made away from the conventional and more likely. Obviously science and religion are two separate things. One deals exclusively with the tangible in its broadest term and the other deals with spirituality and whatnot. Islam does chance on a micro level that fits the lives of its followers according to their times but yes on the macro level its pretty much the same and will always be the same.

Even on the micro level it barely changes. What changes are Muslims/ not Islam. Since muslims believe the Quran is the word of god, they think its 100% perfect. The official rules of Islam dont change, they remain the same forever. Unlike Catholocism where the pope can change the official view of the church on things like evolution Muslims changing their lifestyle and beliefs is not a product of Islam changing, its a product of Muslims deviating from the original message. There is two types of religion imo, strict religion and lazy religion. Strict religion speaks for itself, while lazy religion is when the person deviates from the original message because he understands that the times have changed so drastically enough to warrant a deviation.

You are a former Muslim and you know how new "Fatwas" come to exist. 1400 years ago people did not have so many of the things we do now. Social constructs were different, cultural contexts were different, globalization was not there...etc. All of these things brought many questions of whats Halal and whats Haram, whats ok and whats not ok. BUT I also agree with your sentiment to an extent. People do deviate themselves to better suit there lives, something, even if I myself do sometimes, may not be right.
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 BossPerson

[QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="GazaAli"] The analogy between religion and Islam that I made was not meant to be taken this way. I may presented my point in an unclear way. I'm not saying that scientific theories necessarily cancel each other, all I'm saying is that sometimes scientific discoveries were made away from the conventional and more likely. Obviously science and religion are two separate things. One deals exclusively with the tangible in its broadest term and the other deals with spirituality and whatnot. Islam does chance on a micro level that fits the lives of its followers according to their times but yes on the macro level its pretty much the same and will always be the same.GazaAli

You are a former Muslim and you know how new "Fatwas" come to exist. 1400 years ago people did not have so many of the things we do now. Social constructs were different, cultural contexts were different, globalization was not there...etc. All of these things brought many questions of whats Halal and whats Haram, whats ok and whats not ok. BUT I also agree with your sentiment to an extent. People do deviate themselves to better suit there lives, something, even if I myself do sometimes, may not be right.

Fatwas are issued by any Islam Scholar with a beard, you know this. The official Islam does not change. If I was going to write a religious book, I probably would have done as Muhammad did and say it was the word of God so it doesnt change over time. I cant blame him for wanting the religion to stay the same.

there are fatwas that contradict each other as well Im sure.

Just look at what the Shias do, the so called M'taa, which is just an excuse to have pre-martial sex. Do you think Muhammed would be fine with this?

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#306 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
Man this must suck if you live in Alaska xDKittenNipples
30 days of night
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#307 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

=show me verse, i think i know what you're talking about

Philokalia

Behold! Allah said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee SUPERIOR to those who reject faith, TO THE DAY OF RESURRECTION: Then shall ye all return unto Me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute." S. 3:55

yes the followers of Jesus what about them?

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 Philokalia

GrayF0X786

Why didn't they exist? That is the true followers of Jesus.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 MrPraline
hi GrayF0X786 is 786 the year you are currently living in?
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

Philokalia

they did exist. right up until the point some moron came and told everyone that 1 + 1 + 1 = 1 not 3. which then probably explains the dark ages.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 MrPraline

[QUOTE="Philokalia"]

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

GrayF0X786

they did exist. right up until the point some moron came and told everyone that 1 + 1 + 1 = 1 not 3.

what does this even MEAN
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 BossPerson
[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="Philokalia"]

MrPraline

they did exist. right up until the point some moron came and told everyone that 1 + 1 + 1 = 1 not 3.

what does this even MEAN

It means we'll have rather intelligent company when we're burning in hell
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="Philokalia"]

MrPraline

what does this even MEAN

The father is almighty, the holy spirit is almighty and the son is almighty, but they are not 3 almighty gods but 1 God.

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 Philokalia

GrayF0X786

First 1+1+1= 3 no matter what anyone tells you. Second that has never been a Christian argument but a rather an islamic or unitarian strawman against Christianity. Third numbers in math represent something, so the numbers in this equation if applied to the trinity represent the persons, three persons as Christians have maintained. Fourth, the quran says they will be vicotirus to the day of judgement which means they msut have existed post Nicea (i assume you mean Nicea with that math 'problem'), fifth even after 100AD and before 325 AD there is no single groups writings, no single Christian Critique of a supposed Islamic group at all, there is no evidence, nothing. So you are still left with the problem, why did they not exist?

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 Philokalia

The father is almighty, the holy spirit is almighty and the son is almighty, but they are not 3 almighty gods but 1 God.

GrayF0X786

Define it within a trinitarian understanding instead of using vague words and acting as if Christians just say this. There are three persons within the one almighty God, each shares the substance as the other but not hte same individual as the other. This is the trinity.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

Philokalia

Define it within a trinitarian understanding instead of using vague words and acting as if Christians just say this. There are three persons within the one almighty God, each shares the substance as the other but not hte same individual as the other. This is the trinity.

lol

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 BossPerson

It's like watching two children fight each other

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 Philokalia

lol

GrayF0X786

This is obviously the best responce to 2000 years of Christian tradition, argumentation, definition and works I have ever seen bravo.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 MrPraline

[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="GrayF0X786"] they did exist. right up until the point some moron came and told everyone that 1 + 1 + 1 = 1 not 3.

GrayF0X786

what does this even MEAN

Oh it was an attack against the concept of the trinity. I see now.
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 Philokalia

BossPerson

I feel insulted, I don't debate with children.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 MrPraline

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

lol

Philokalia

This is obviously the best responce to 2000 years of Christian tradition, argumentation, definition and works I have ever seen bravo.

Like you'd post better on an empty stomach.
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 GrayF0X786

BossPerson

while feeding the fish

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 MrPraline
oh f*ck don't suspend me again plz
FMAB_GTO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 FMAB_GTO
Member since 2010 • 14385 Posts
oh f*ck don't suspend me again plzMrPraline
rofl stay ;[
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 Philokalia

Like you'd post better on an empty stomach.MrPraline

I don't get it.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 BossPerson

[QUOTE="BossPerson"]

GrayF0X786

while feeding the fish

The food taste like shvt
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#327 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts

[QUOTE="Philokalia"]

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

GrayF0X786

they did exist. right up until the point some moron came and told everyone that 1 + 1 + 1 = 1 not 3. which then probably explains the dark ages.

That's true in Boolean algebra, actually.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 MrPraline

[QUOTE="MrPraline"]Like you'd post better on an empty stomach.Philokalia

I don't get it.

ramadan joke grayfox is a bit tired
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="Philokalia"]

[QUOTE="MrPraline"]Like you'd post better on an empty stomach.MrPraline

I don't get it.

>.<

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 MrPraline

[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="Philokalia"]

I don't get it.

GrayF0X786

>.<

< 3
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 Philokalia

So in conclusion, Muslims did not exist after Jesus and before Muhammad therefore the quran is wrong and not of God.

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#332 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts
[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="MrPraline"] ramadan joke grayfox is a bit tiredMrPraline

>.<

< 3

< 3
FMAB_GTO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 FMAB_GTO

So in conclusion, Muslims did not exist after Jesus and before Muhammad therefore the quran is wrong and not of God.

Philokalia
Wait....huh? [QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="MrPraline"] < 3

< 3

< 3
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 BossPerson

Philokalia
Muslims believe that the original followers of Jesus, were the true Christians (or Muslims). Before it was bastardized by Constantine. You know the followers that were oppressed by the Romans in the Levant? Those guys.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 MrPraline
[QUOTE="FMAB_GTO"] [QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="MrPraline"] < 3

< 3

< 3

sounds like a 3some i welcome it
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 GrayF0X786

Philokalia

i will now convert to christianity, praise Jesus

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 Philokalia

Muslims believe that the original followers of Jesus, were the true Christians (or Muslims). Before it was bastardized by Constantine. You know the followers that were oppressed by the Romans in the Levant? Those guys. BossPerson

I don't see a difference between Ignatius, Iraneaus, Polycarp, Clement and Justin martyr (pre 100 - post 100) and Athanasius and Saint Basil (post 325). Now if you mean the levant I think you will be surprised to know that there is no trace of any islamic like group there, in fact the Christians which historically come from that region, the Syrian Christians hold to the council of NIcea.

FMAB_GTO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 FMAB_GTO
[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="FMAB_GTO"] [QUOTE="ghoklebutter"] < 3

< 3

sounds like a 3some i welcome it

Ahahahahahaa~ :hurr:
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 BossPerson

[QUOTE="BossPerson"] Muslims believe that the original followers of Jesus, were the true Christians (or Muslims). Before it was bastardized by Constantine. You know the followers that were oppressed by the Romans in the Levant? Those guys. Philokalia

I don't see a difference between Ignatius, Iraneaus, Polycarp, Clement and Justin martyr (pre 100 - post 100) and Athanasius and Saint Basil (post 325). Now if you mean the levant I think you will be surprised to know that there is no trace of any islamic like group there, in fact the Christians which historically come from that region, the Syrian Christians hold to the council of NIcea.

Well obviously, Im only telling you what they believe.
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 Philokalia

Well obviously, Im only telling you what they believe. BossPerson
Muslims are wrong then.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 MrPraline
[QUOTE="FMAB_GTO"] Ahahahahahaa~ :hurr:

;]
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 BossPerson

[QUOTE="BossPerson"] Well obviously, Im only telling you what they believe. Philokalia

Muslims are wrong then.

Yes.........and you are right
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343 Philokalia

[QUOTE="Philokalia"]

[QUOTE="BossPerson"] Well obviously, Im only telling you what they believe. BossPerson

Muslims are wrong then.

Exactly.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 BossPerson

[QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="Philokalia"] Muslims are wrong then.

Philokalia

Exactly.

If only it were so...
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 Philokalia

If only it were so...BossPerson

So there were true Muslims? IM confused.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="BossPerson"]If only it were so...Philokalia

So there were true Muslims? IM confused.

please for the love of God go find out what the Arabic word Muslim means.

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347 Philokalia

please for the love of God go find out what the Arabic word Muslim means.

GrayF0X786

One who submits, Muslims hold many of the prophets were Muslims. But undeniably you would say that in order to be a muslim today I have to believe JEsus did not die right? Thus the same standard applies to those who follow Jesus.

omho88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 omho88
Member since 2007 • 3967 Posts

Happy Ramadan everyone, muslims and non muslims .... I always hate when religious ppl restrict blessings to their followers ..... anyway this thread arise couple of good points like what is the point of fasting when you feast like a king at the end of the day!

btw, I dun like where this thread is going .... let's just leave it at HAPPY RAMADAN.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#349 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

I didn't know Final Star was a Muslim, I didn't know Final Star also posted in OT. I am not a Muslim, but Happy Ramadan for those who are.

0Hamburgher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350 0Hamburgher
Member since 2010 • 957 Posts

I didn't know Final Star was a Muslim, I didn't know Final Star also posted in OT. I am not a Muslim, but Happy Ramadan for those who are.

ShadowMoses900
I didn't know that anyone was religious in OT