This topic is locked from further discussion.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts
[QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="MrPraline"]Happy ritual hunger strike. Have fun feasting like kings when the sun goes down. Pretending to care about the poor and all.kingkong0124
lol were you beat up by muslims in amsterdam or something?

what makes you think that dude?

8/10 of his attacks on Islam are cheap shots. he seems butthurt about something
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts
[QUOTE="kingkong0124"][QUOTE="BossPerson"]lol were you beat up by muslims in amsterdam or something?BossPerson

I assure you he's not. You clearly don't know Praline because he likes to poke fun at religions all the time.
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts
[QUOTE="kingkong0124"][QUOTE="BossPerson"]lol were you beat up by muslims in amsterdam or something?BossPerson

so by your logic, most militant atheists here are butthurt about religion b/c they've experienced something negative concerning it in the past?.....
Nayef_shroof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Nayef_shroof
Member since 2011 • 709 Posts
[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="kingkong0124"] what makes you think that dude?

I assure you he's not. You clearly don't know Praline because he likes to poke fun at religions all the time.

Or, considering that he's far more antagonistic to Islam, he is blatantly prejudiced...
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 BossPerson
[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="kingkong0124"] what makes you think that dude?

Yes, but most of his attacks at Islam amount to cheap shot/ ad hominems/ and double standards. I like Praline, he's one of my favorite posters, but like I told him before, he knows very little about Islam. I may sound like an apologist, but believe me, Im as atheist as they get and I hate Islam (as well as all religions[especially middle eastern ones]), but because Im a former muslim, I know quite a bit about the Quran and such so I call out cheap shots when I see them
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 BossPerson
[QUOTE="kingkong0124"][QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="kingkong0124"] what makes you think that dude?

so by your logic, most militant atheists here are butthurt about religion b/c they've experienced something negative concerning it in the past?.....

We are all butthurt about something Mr. Kong
Nayef_shroof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Nayef_shroof
Member since 2011 • 709 Posts
[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="BossPerson"]8/10 of his attacks on Islam are cheap shots. he seems butthurt about something BossPerson

Yes, but most of his attacks at Islam amount to cheap shot/ ad hominems/ and double standards. I like Praline, he's one of my favorite posters, but like I told him before, he knows very little about Islam. I may sound like an apologist, but believe me, Im as atheist as they get and I hate Islam (as well as all religions[especially middle eastern ones]), but because Im a former muslim, I know quite a bit about the Quran and such so I call out cheap shots when I see them

By "Middle Eastern religions" I assume you mean the Abraham faiths (Judaism/Christianity/Islam) ? Also, what made you decide to become an atheist?
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts
[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="BossPerson"]8/10 of his attacks on Islam are cheap shots. he seems butthurt about something BossPerson

name 3 cheap shots he's used
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Well good luck on your fasting, I don't see what the point in it is but whatever.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 BossPerson
[QUOTE="Nayef_shroof"][QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="ghoklebutter"] I assure you he's not. You clearly don't know Praline because he likes to poke fun at religions all the time.

By "Middle Eastern religions" I assume you mean the Abraham faiths (Judaism/Christianity/Islam) ? Also, what made you decide to become an atheist?

Yes, the abrahamic ones. And you dont "decide" to become an atheist, you discover it when you realize the falsehood of religion. But if you want to ask when I consdiered myself atheist, probably about 2 years ago, prior to which I was a pantheist, then a deist. I went: Theism, Deism, Pantheism, Atheism. (IMO Pantheism and Atheism are essentially the same thing)
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 BossPerson
[QUOTE="kingkong0124"][QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="ghoklebutter"] I assure you he's not. You clearly don't know Praline because he likes to poke fun at religions all the time.

name 3 cheap shots he's used

Ridiculing regular muslims, using Islamic scholars as a source to understand Islam (Islam is in the Quran) and saying that Muhammad was horrible because he 'raped' Aisha. Everyone back then was marrying girls at that age. He wasnt doing anything particularly horrendous for his time.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

[QUOTE="Nayef_shroof"][QUOTE="BossPerson"]Yes, but most of his attacks at Islam amount to cheap shot/ ad hominems/ and double standards. I like Praline, he's one of my favorite posters, but like I told him before, he knows very little about Islam. I may sound like an apologist, but believe me, Im as atheist as they get and I hate Islam (as well as all religions[especially middle eastern ones]), but because Im a former muslim, I know quite a bit about the Quran and such so I call out cheap shots when I see themBossPerson

Yes, the abrahamic ones. And you dont "decide" to become an atheist, you discover it when you realize the falsehood of religion. But if you want to ask when I consdiered myself atheist, probably about 2 years ago, prior to which I was a pantheist, then a deist. I went: Theism, Deism, Pantheism, Atheism. (IMO Pantheism and Atheism are essentially the same thing)

You never went Panendeism!!

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 BossPerson

[QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="Nayef_shroof"] By "Middle Eastern religions" I assume you mean the Abraham faiths (Judaism/Christianity/Islam) ? Also, what made you decide to become an atheist? themajormayor

No, I did however go Panentheism for about 2 months lol. That was probably in between Deism and Panentheism.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 themajormayor

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]

[QUOTE="BossPerson"]Yes, the abrahamic ones. And you dont "decide" to become an atheist, you discover it when you realize the falsehood of religion. But if you want to ask when I consdiered myself atheist, probably about 2 years ago, prior to which I was a pantheist, then a deist. I went: Theism, Deism, Pantheism, Atheism. (IMO Pantheism and Atheism are essentially the same thing)BossPerson

No, I did however go Panentheism for about 2 months lol. That was probably in between Deism and Panentheism.

Pffff come back when you tried Panendeism.
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#115 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
Happy Ramadan!

I always thought it was later in the year. Enjoy. Good luck fasting.

sonicare
o_O so did I
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 BossPerson
[QUOTE="BossPerson"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]

themajormayor

So whats the rundown? The Universe is all part of God and God can act as a singular entity and affect the universe from a higher plane?
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Despite the idea of ritualized self-control always fascinating me (it is one of the major reasons I was ever interested in South Asian religions), I have never understood why people (religious, or non-religious) take it upon themselves to do something "for a cause" (whether for religious, or other reasons) and then just cycle back to their regular routine after the ritual has been completed (i.e. Christians and Lent is a big thing with this). Why not take up the practice all year long? Why not compete with your neighbor to be a more generous charitable person? Even further, why do these things in the name of a religion at all? Why not just do it because one is human and feels the natural desire to help other humans?
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 themajormayor
[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="BossPerson"]No, I did however go Panentheism for about 2 months lol. That was probably in between Deism and Panentheism.BossPerson

So whats the rundown? The Universe is all part of God and God can act as a singular entity and affect the universe from a higher plane?

I don't understand really. Kind of in between Panentheism and Deism.
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 BossPerson
[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="themajormayor"] Pffff come back when you tried Panendeism.

lol, doesnt make much sense to me. If you are everything, then for all intents and purposes, you are also nothing
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 themajormayor
[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="BossPerson"]So whats the rundown? The Universe is all part of God and God can act as a singular entity and affect the universe from a higher plane? BossPerson

lol, doesnt make much sense to me. If you are everything, then for all intents and purposes, you are also nothing

Yes that's what I've been thinking God is. If there is two things that doesn't exist in our universe it is nothing and infinity. They are concepts very hard to image. So what would be more spectacular than a God that is both?
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 BossPerson
[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="themajormayor"] I don't understand really. Kind of in between Panentheism and Deism.

Yes that's what I've been thinking God is. If there is two things that doesn't exist in our universe it is nothing and infinity. They are concepts very hard to image. So what would be more spectacular than a God that is both?

Just because something is theoretically spectacular doesnt mean it exists. See: the ontological argument
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 themajormayor
[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="BossPerson"]lol, doesnt make much sense to me. If you are everything, then for all intents and purposes, you are also nothingBossPerson

Just because something is theoretically spectacular doesnt mean it exists. See: the ontological argument

I never said that's why it exists. I was just telling you how I imagine God.
mixsms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 mixsms
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Happy Ramadan 2012 to All Muslim. May Allah Bless You All. Ramadan Quotes
m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 m25105
Member since 2010 • 3135 Posts

Happy ritual hunger strike. Have fun feasting like kings when the sun goes down. Pretending to care about the poor and all.MrPraline
Congratulation for proving what a douche you are. You have no idea about our faith other than what you read on some internet site and forum users. That you actually write such a post, shows me that you're either a coward or have zero social skills.

Happy ramazan to all of you.

To those that have a lot remember there are many who do not. Find a way to give help, either to your family or perhaps through simple donations to charity to feed the poor. To those who are willing, but not able, do what you can in life, to become a better person through actions that helps and enriches the life of your family.

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#125 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts

Happy Ramadan.

Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#126 Slashless
Member since 2011 • 9534 Posts

My favorite cup o' noodles.

Jazz_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Jazz_Fan
Member since 2008 • 29516 Posts

Happy Ramadan!

Gonna cook a sirloin steak, eggs and hashbrowns to celebrate. Peace be upon it.

TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 TehFuneral
Member since 2007 • 8237 Posts

Alright, time to lose weight and even possibly get muscle.

Ramadan Mubarak for all of you Muslims.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
does this mean that we will see a drop in terrorism in this few months?
Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

does this mean that we will see a drop in terrorism in this few months?Lonelynight

Well no one likes blowing himself when he is hungry :D

on topic

Happy Ramadan bro.

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#131 sexyweapons
Member since 2009 • 5302 Posts

happy ramadan guys

kingkong0124

You guys actually enjoy staving yourselfs:|

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Lonelynight

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

happy ramadan guys

sexyweapons

You guys actually enjoy staving yourselfs:|

they usually pig out at night
Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#133 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts
[QUOTE="MrPraline"]Happy ritual hunger strike. Have fun feasting like kings when the sun goes down. Pretending to care about the poor and all.kingkong0124
c'mon, don't be a douche dude respect their customs and traditions and leave it at that

Welcome to OT. Atheism bro!
sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#134 sexyweapons
Member since 2009 • 5302 Posts

does this mean that we will see a drop in terrorism in this few months?Lonelynight

:lol:

PiscesChick93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#135 PiscesChick93
Member since 2008 • 10732 Posts

Happy Ramadan, guys =]

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts
[QUOTE="Philokalia"]

Muslims like to boast of their fasting right?

MrPraline
Yeah, and once the sun goes down they feast like kings. Kings.

I bet you're just jelly. Why don't you just join us in our feast? :P And poor people would feast like Kings too if they had the chance, so why would we waste ours? As long as you feast like Kings but not let anything waste or over-indulge, it's all good. Wish I could invite over some poor people from starving countries so they could feast like Kings along with me. Happy Ramadan everyone. Though holding out till 21.57 is kinda...annoying. I should move to the South Pole or something.
Lebron181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Lebron181
Member since 2008 • 837 Posts

Happy ramadan, to all the muslim brothers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#138 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

Happy Ramadan.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Happy Ramadan.

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#140 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts
Happy Ramadan :)
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Lonelynight
Congratulation for proving what a douche you are. You have no idea about our faith other than what you read on some internet site and forum users. m25105
are you saying that the majority of muslims don't pig out once the sun goes down? I live in a muslim majority country, and that is exactly what they do.
danishkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#142 danishkhan
Member since 2007 • 1162 Posts
As the holy month of Ramazan begins, Ramazan mubarak to all. Let us remember those less fortunate in this special month including in our prayers.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#143 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
poor praline
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#145 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

No!Wars and terrorism will still continue even if they may be forbidden.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] I bet you're just jelly. Why don't you just join us in our feast? :P And poor people would feast like Kings too if they had the chance, so why would we waste ours?

I'm not jealous. I dabble in feasting myself, but um, does that not like, destroy the point of a hunger strike? Fasting, sorry.
Nah, Amsterdam for one sees a lot of crime spikes during Ramadan. Frustration, probably, who knows why the statistics show such a silly thing.
Congratulation m25105
Thanks. And That's all of your post I'm willing to quote. F*ck off.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

Regarding Islam in general,

it has some archaic laws and teachings. I mean, no drinking? WAT?

What's pretty dumb is the fact that Mohammed was banging a 9 year old girl and Muslims regard him as the greatest person or w/e.

srsly guys?

Just because everyone was marrying 9 year olds doesn't mean it was right nor does it make him no less of a creep.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
Yes, but most of his attacks at Islam amount to cheap shot/ ad hominems/ and double standards. I like Praline, he's one of my favorite posters, but like I told him before, he knows very little about Islam. I may sound like an apologist, but believe me, Im as atheist as they get and I hate Islam (as well as all religions[especially middle eastern ones]), but because Im a former muslim, I know quite a bit about the Quran and such so I call out cheap shots when I see themBossPerson
Aw shucks <3 And um, I won't deny I employ jokes and one liners more often than long intellectual Koranic (lol contradictio in terminis) arguments on here, primarily because it's more amusing to me and less of a headache. :>
Brosephus_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Brosephus_Rex
Member since 2012 • 467 Posts

Regarding Islam in general,

it has some archaic laws and teachings. I mean, no drinking? WAT?

What's pretty dumb is the fact that Mohammed was banging a 9 year old girl and Muslims regard him as the greatest person or w/e.

srsly guys?

Just because everyone was marrying 9 year olds doesn't mean it was right nor does it make him no less of a creep.

DroidPhysX

Fvck u bro I am drinking to celebrate Ramadan. Don't let some camel pusher try to tell you otherwise.