Do you wish you were Japanese?

• 145 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Synctor (26 posts) -

I do. Man I think theyre culture is so cool, I mean they got Anime, Manga, they make the best video games plus the girls are cute. I also think the buildings look pretty cool too. It sucks being a guy from usa, I wish i was born japanese. They are so lucky. What about you guys?

#2 Posted by DaBrainz (7673 posts) -
Nah I don't like bush.
#3 Posted by zenogandia (912 posts) -

No. I wish I were me. 

#4 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151354 posts) -
Not at all. Can't see the fascination with the culture either....
#5 Posted by SuperNovaftw (2636 posts) -

No. Most of the people in their anime arent even Japanese..

#6 Posted by jim_shorts (7320 posts) -

I think you have an overly idealistic view of their culture.

#7 Posted by zenogandia (912 posts) -

Not at all. Can't see the fascination with the culture either....LJS9502_basic
It's pretty fun and peculiar, but I honestly can't see myself being part of it. It's so annoying that it can get on my nerves. I'd happily take a two month vacation to Japan, though.

#8 Posted by dagreenfish (1817 posts) -
Nope.
#9 Posted by Planeforger (15790 posts) -
You realise that you an enjoy all of that stuff as a white guy from the USA, right? And no, I'm quite happy being what I am. I do like Japanese food and games, but I wouldn't want to live there.
#10 Posted by thegerg (15415 posts) -
No
#11 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

No thanks.

#12 Posted by zenogandia (912 posts) -

You realise that you an enjoy all of that stuff as a white guy from the USA, right? And no, I'm quite happy being what I am. I do like Japanese food and games, but I wouldn't want to live there.Planeforger
I have a cousin of mine that sometimes starts to make anime like face and speak Japanese... I'm not sure if to laugh at him or fell sad for him.

#13 Posted by TehFuneral (8051 posts) -

I like Japanese culture and all, but anime freaks and people obsessed with Japan get on my nerves!

#14 Posted by CommanderShiro (21746 posts) -

Nah I don't like bush.DaBrainz
LOL 

And to answer the topic, No...

#15 Posted by JML897 (33125 posts) -
I'd happily take a two month vacation to Japan, though.zenogandia
Yeah I'd love to go someday because some parts of Japan look beautiful and the cities seem like they'd be fun. I don't wish I was Japanese though
#16 Posted by Valamil (298 posts) -

I admire many things about past and present Japanese culture. However, from various sources I am led to believe that racism and womanizing is very prevalent in Japan. I do not know how accurate this is, and I generally dislike generalizations . . . Anyone have insight?

#17 Posted by zenogandia (912 posts) -

I admire many things about past and present Japanese culture. However, from various sources I am led to believe that racism and womanizing is very prevalent in Japan. I do not know how accurate this is, and I generally dislike generalizations . . . Anyone have insight?

Valamil

From what I've researched, they're not so much racist as they're prejudice. It's expected in most Asian cultures. I was going to study in Thailand, but I decided not to... that's definetly a racist country. 

#18 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

Nope, can't say that I do.

#19 Posted by sonicare (53485 posts) -

I think peopel put too much into race and culture.

#20 Posted by johnd13 (8207 posts) -

I' d love to visit Japan without being Japanese.

#21 Posted by Lonelynight (30041 posts) -
fvck no. would love to visit japan though.
#22 Posted by comp_atkins (31465 posts) -
eh.. if you were japanese you'd wish you were something else..
#23 Posted by MgamerBD (17550 posts) -
Nah, I like my above average and not below average penis
#24 Posted by tenaka2 (17040 posts) -

Sumo wrestlers are hot so that is one thing in favor.

#25 Posted by Lonelynight (30041 posts) -
also, what's stopping your from enjoying their anime, girls. video games and architecture. It's not like you are going to enjoy them more simply by being Japanese, in fact I think you might not like them as much as you do now.
#26 Posted by PWSteal_Ldpinch (1208 posts) -

Japanese people don't get laid.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/30/japan-population-decline-youth-no-sex_n_1242014.html

#27 Posted by RoccoHout (988 posts) -

Hell no. Japanese people are probably begging to be different nations

#28 Posted by -Unreal- (24544 posts) -

I don't think weeaboos admit it. I've seen lots of people around the internet that pretend to be Japanese. It's really weird and a bit creepy. People on youtube writing in japanese and posting videos with japanese text (with poor google translation) usually relating to JRPGs or anime, people that play games like ni no kuni with the japanese voice over despite there being excellent English voice overs and people on Skyrim Nexus that have some Japanese name or anime name that makes skins of weird weeaboo anime characters, which usually look like some strange large-eyed young girl wearing a tiny skirt and carrying a massive sword.

#30 Posted by gamah_killah (13020 posts) -
No, I'm happy to be Lao/French.
#31 Posted by PWSteal_Ldpinch (1208 posts) -

Nah, I like my above average and not below average penisMgamerBD

Do you like your below average intelligence as well?

#32 Posted by MgamerBD (17550 posts) -

[QUOTE="MgamerBD"]Nah, I like my above average and not below average penisPWSteal_Ldpinch

lol someone with a small pen got offended. Short strokes buddy, Very short strokes.
#33 Posted by Chris_Williams (14874 posts) -

no

#34 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

[QUOTE="PWSteal_Ldpinch"]

[QUOTE="MgamerBD"]Nah, I like my above average and not below average penisMgamerBD

lol someone with a small pen got offended. Short strokes buddy, Very short strokes.

like a jackhammer

#35 Posted by KingKinect (540 posts) -

No I like myself to much to want to be anything else. Japanese should be happy with themselves and anyone else with themselves also. There is no good in wishing you were someone else or being jealous of your fellow man.

#36 Posted by PWSteal_Ldpinch (1208 posts) -

[QUOTE="PWSteal_Ldpinch"]

[QUOTE="MgamerBD"]Nah, I like my above average and not below average penisMgamerBD

Lol I was just playing. Props for not getting your panties in a twist. 

#37 Posted by K-E316 (1651 posts) -

Nope. Like someone else said, you don't have to be Japanese to enjoy that stuff. Hell, I never really enjoyed anything Japanese besides my PS3. And Japanese girls wouldn't go out with another asian guy if they had other options. :P

And this is by far the most one sided poll I've ever seen. :lol:

#38 Posted by -Fromage- (10529 posts) -
lol, No.
#39 Posted by Nayef_shroof (709 posts) -

I do. Man I think theyre culture is so cool, I mean they got Anime, Manga, they make the best video games plus the girls are cute. I also think the buildings look pretty cool too. It sucks being a guy from usa, I wish i was born japanese. They are so lucky. What about you guys?

Synctor
lol, are you imasupersaiyan from the Gametrailers forum? link for proof: http://forums.gametrailers.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1345153
#40 Posted by Legend002 (7204 posts) -
No. I am what I am.
#41 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151354 posts) -
Lol I was just playing. Props for not getting your panties in a twist. PWSteal_Ldpinch
Looked like he did get his panties in a twist.....
#42 Posted by Synctor (26 posts) -
[QUOTE="Nayef_shroof"]lol, are you imasupersaiyan from the Gametrailers forum? link for proof: http://forums.gametrailers.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1345153

Yeah thats me. Was curious to how many other people wanted to be japanese.
fvck no. would love to visit japan though.Lonelynight
Whats the name of the girl in your avatar? shes pretty cute. whats she from?
#43 Posted by nooblet69 (5162 posts) -

Nah, would love to visit Japan though and try their awesome sushi.

#44 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47675 posts) -
"Do you wish you were Japanese?" My response: No.
#45 Posted by Lord_Daemon (24270 posts) -

Nopers...not really a notion I've ever entertained. 

#46 Posted by kraken2109 (13067 posts) -

From my experience online, most really weird stuff comes from Japan.

#47 Posted by Celldrax (14624 posts) -

Nah... Happy enough as I am.

#48 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47675 posts) -
34 votes in a row, this is a new record, last record was 31 straight votes before someone voted differently.
#49 Posted by LordQuorthon (5346 posts) -

Great thread! 

#50 Posted by zenogandia (912 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nayef_shroof"]lol, are you imasupersaiyan from the Gametrailers forum? link for proof: http://forums.gametrailers.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1345153Synctor
Yeah thats me. Was curious to how many other people wanted to be japanese.
fvck no. would love to visit japan though.Lonelynight
Whats the name of the girl in your avatar? shes pretty cute. whats she from?

Were you the only one that voted yes?