Did you actually care about 911? Be honest.

• 174 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

[QUOTE="lostrib"]So when did you get your PhD in engineering and physics?Laihendi

I do not have one. Do you?

No but I'm not the one claiming how the building should have fallen down

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#102 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts

[QUOTE="lo_Pine"]

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"] I'm just finding it ironic that so many Americans are horrified by how terrorists could attack such a large group of civilians, they're innocent people after all. Oh wait, the USA does that, and it's okay because Americans justify the deaths of innocents in their minds, or shrug it off as if non-American lives are less valuable.mrbojangles25

That's exactly what the terrorists on 9/11 thought about Americans. It just turns out the Americans fight harder.

yeah, the loss of civilian life on either side is tragic, but at the risk of sounding juvenile, they (muslim extremists) started it, so if you are really pissed off about innocent Afghanis dying, well, lets share the blame at least a little bit and put it as much on the terrorists as the US military.

Dont start none, won't be none...so they say.

Lets also not forget about the decades of embassy bombings, airline bombings, and more, all done in the name of Islam.  This is nothing new.  If you ask me, the more backwards parts of the Muslim world had this coming for 30-40 years now.

I really just hope this is the death gasps of the extremists and fundamentalists, the last vain attempts to scare people into thinking their way is better.  I hope in the next decade or two there will be a massive drop in these attacks, followed by fewer Muslim-on-Muslim attacks (as are occuring in democratic muslim states now, actually).

Most Arab-Americans I know (is that the proper term? I dont know...) are pretty damn awesome, and the few that are religious are all right too...only thing I can object to is that they won't drink a beer with you :P  Wish the rest of the Muslim world would get on board, realize that ancient faith and modern society can coexist.

Yes. Which is exactly why radical tribesman should not have attacked the United States. It was an unfair fight to begin with.
lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 lo_Pine

[QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] That is convenient that the entire thing collapsed in perfect balance rather than the top just falling over on the side, which is what one would logically expect since the damage from the crash would make the top part asymmetrical which would throw off the balance.MakeMeaSammitch

Bulba used spore!

bulba used full retard.

I can't wait for his ebook.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 lostrib

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]

[QUOTE="lo_Pine"] Bulba used spore!lo_Pine

bulba used full retard.

how many times do you think he will cite Ayn Rand/Atlas Shrugged/Fountainhead? 

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 lo_Pine

[QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]bulba used full retard.

lostrib

I don't think even think he has written an ebook.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="lo_Pine"] I can't wait for his ebook. lo_Pine

he probably just copy pastes all his bullshit from OT

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 lo_Pine

[QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="lostrib"]

lostrib

he probably just copy pastes all his bullshit from OT

I hope not. I really hope he wrote an entire book based on his ideas he wrote in OT.
lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#108 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts
I was in 5th grade too, and I honestly didn't understand the seriousness of it. But watching the videos now, I go "holy SHIT, that's terrifying".
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#109 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

yes i cared.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts
[QUOTE="Nibroc420"] Every Drone strike is followed up with another strike, called a "double tap" where after the first bomb goes off, killing potential terrorists, another missile is fired at first responders.

You are either full of shit or extremely gullible. We do not do "double taps" so we can take out first responders. Even if we absolutely didn't give a flying rat's ass about the people on the ground how would killing first responders in any way help our mission? Why would anybody who is helping us want to give us any intel to further our mission if they know we are blowing up police officers and EMTs on the ground?

If a target survives a drone strike and it is safe to do so, as in no civilians are in the area we will fire again. If not, as in a bunch of people start coming out to see what happened we just follow them and send either troops or request local national police officers to detain them. I've even seen a missile diverted from the target to a field mid-strike in a video because a car being driven by an unrelated person entered the kill radius.

Don't talk about what happens in drone strikes if you don't know what is really happening. Some news stories exaggerate because it gets them better ratings or is even agenda based. Or they may be fed false information by Taliban supporters. Better yet, consider reading a counterinsurgency manual and see how stupid it would be to do what you say we do.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

If a target survives a drone strike and it is safe to do so, as in no civilians are in the area we will fire again.ad1x2

Quit pretending that you care about these citizens.
Thousands are hurt or killed because drones fire regardless of if there are innocent civilians.

We all get it, you're military.
You're proud to be a part of the group killing these civilians, I'm just trying to explain that a life is a life.
You have no right to disrespect the lives of innocent children in other countries by lying and saying the US military didn't kill their parents, or their sisters. Nor should you be acting as though the lives of their loved ones is somehow less valuable than the lives of your loved ones.

Children are dying because the USA has approved double taps, and they allow drones to fire with citizens nearby.
If you're not a part of the solution, you're part of the problem AD1x2.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 ad1x2
[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] Do you really think crashing a plane into the top of a tower would make the base of it collapse?Laihendi

probably when the rest of the building falls on top of it

That is convenient that the entire thing collapsed in perfect balance rather than the top just falling over on the side, which is what one would logically expect since the damage from the crash would make the top part asymmetrical which would throw off the balance.

If you think 9/11 was an inside job you might want to consider asking how many men it would take to plant a sufficient amount of explosives to knock down the building. Then you may want to ask how those men were able to do this without a single surviving employee of the twin towers noticing a bunch of strange men planting explosives.

Finally, you want to ask how after 12 years nobody came forward either in a deathbead confession, a slip of the tounge, or just feeling guilty for assisting in the murder of almost 3,000 civilians. Watergate only involved a small handful of people and it was exposed. Bill Clinton getting his bishop polished got exposed and only involved him and the polisher. Good luck keeping something this big under wraps.
ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 ad1x2

[QUOTE="ad1x2"]

If a target survives a drone strike and it is safe to do so, as in no civilians are in the area we will fire again.Nibroc420

Quit pretending that you care about these citizens.
Thousands are hurt or killed because drones fire regardless of if there are innocent civilians.

We all get it, you're military.
You're proud to be a part of the group killing these civilians, I'm just trying to explain that a life is a life.
You have no right to disrespect the lives of innocent children in other countries by lying and saying the US military didn't kill their parents, or their sisters. Nor should you be acting as though the lives of their loved ones is somehow less valuable than the lives of your loved ones.

Children are dying because the USA has approved double taps, and they allow drones to fire with citizens nearby.
If you're not a part of the solution, you're part of the problem AD1x2.

You know, I'm going to trust my sources on the secure military networks over your biased news sources. For obvious reasons I won't go into too much detail about it but what I can tell you is you are full of shit. It gets pretty boring watching a dude for hours because you have to wait until he goes into a field or hops on a motorcycle to get in an area that you can fire without hitting innocents.

If we didn't care about civilians instead of watching some dude for hours, if not days we would just fly to his position and fire, civilians be damned. It would save us millions in fuel and maintenance costs for flying a drone all day. As for the counterinsurgency manuals, most of those are unclassified, Google one and read it. Killing innocent children just to hit one person will get you more enemies than support.

By the way, I didn't say we never killed an innocent civilian. I just said we don't target them and we go through great lengths to minimize casualties. If we did accidently kill a civilian we give their family a condolence payment. Money doesn't bring them back but it is the least we can do. Good luck getting the Taliban to give a payment to the civilians who they kill.
WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#114 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

I was, what, 9 when that happened. Sitting in class and the teacher turned the news on a few minutes after the first tower was hit. Saw the second tower being hit and both of them fall.

Thinking back, I don't think I really even understood the weight of the situation. I didn't really care all that much because I didn't even know what had even happened.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I live in NY and I cared very much. A friend of mine had his father killed.

Even if I didn't live in NY I would have cared. Innocent people were murdered. If you don't feel bad about that then you are fvcked up.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#116 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Yes, but no more than I would for other countries that have had a high loss of life
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

The country I live in was attacked by terrorists and thousands of innocent people were killed. Why wouldn't I have cared?

People who say they never cared about 9/11 are trying too hard to be anti-American and edgy.

sapphire54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 sapphire54
Member since 2013 • 135 Posts

I cared but didn't cry.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts
LOL people feeding Nibroc. When will OT learn.
thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts
Man. You sound like a real asshole.
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#121 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38683 Posts
of course
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Thousands die daily. 

Didn't care much.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 lostrib

Thousands die daily. 

Didn't care much.

Ilovegames1992

well you're a scumbag

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts
LOL people feeding Nibroc. When will OT learn.LJS9502_basic
LOL LJS not contributing once again. When will he participate in a discussion, instead of just posting non-sense and trolling?
tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
When I found out I was in the 4th grade I believe, so I didn't care, even when my mom picked me up from school and showed me what was happening on TV I didn't fully realize what was going on so I went to go play video games. Now, I'm sympathetic to those who lost their lives and their families but what's done is done, all I could do is offer an "I'm sorry."
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] Do you really think crashing a plane into the top of a tower would make the base of it collapse?Laihendi

probably when the rest of the building falls on top of it

That is convenient that the entire thing collapsed in perfect balance rather than the top just falling over on the side, which is what one would logically expect since the damage from the crash would make the top part asymmetrical which would throw off the balance.

Define "perfect balance."

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#127 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Yeah I cared a hell of a lot.  It was my generation's Pearl Harbor.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#128 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

If i'm going to be honest and truthful.. No.

The_Lipscomb

Honestly, this. I cared more about the ripples it would create throughout the country more than anything....

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

I was in 8 or 9 when this occurred. Didn't realize the seriousness of the situation being that young. Now I see the seriousness of it and do care.

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 mingmao3046
Member since 2011 • 2683 Posts
not any different to me than thousands dying somewhere far off in the world so no...i dont really care about it. only thing that concerns me is how 9/11 steered politics and america for the worse
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#131 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

not any different to me than thousands dying somewhere far off in the world so no...i dont really care about it. only thing that concerns me is how 9/11 steered politics and america for the worsemingmao3046
How is it no different if it happens in your homeland? That could have been your brother, sister, wife, husband, son, daughter caught up in something so horrific. I don't see how it could just roll off your shoulders like that...

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 mingmao3046
Member since 2011 • 2683 Posts

[QUOTE="mingmao3046"]not any different to me than thousands dying somewhere far off in the world so no...i dont really care about it. only thing that concerns me is how 9/11 steered politics and america for the worseYusuke420

How is it no different if it happens in your homeland? That could have been your brother, sister, wife, husband, son, daughter caught up in something so horrific. I don't see how it could just roll off your shoulders like that...

right.....but it wasnt. i didnt know anyone who died in 9/11 or was in the area at the time...those are just random people. just like random people all over the world. dont really care.
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#133 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

[QUOTE="mingmao3046"]not any different to me than thousands dying somewhere far off in the world so no...i dont really care about it. only thing that concerns me is how 9/11 steered politics and america for the worsemingmao3046

right.....but it wasnt. i didnt know anyone who died in 9/11 or was in the area at the time...those are just random people. just like random people all over the world. dont really care.

Damn I'm not a people person, but even I'm not that cold. I was a freshman in high school at the time and my mom litterally had to force me to stop watching the overage because I was in utter shock and horror at what took place. 

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#134 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

Uh, yeah I care about it and all the other tragic events that happen around the world in all the otehr countries.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

mingmao is a broken individual. nothing to see here.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#136 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I didn't care then and I really don't care now. I didn't know any of the people that died is one reason and for the other, I'm sorry but hundreds if not thousands of people die each day for even less meaningful things than the people who died during 9/11.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

I wonder how many of the "I never really cared" people in this thread are under 18 years old. I'm guessing 100% of them.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

I was 8 or 9 when it happened and I don' t live in America so I can' t say I paid any attention. Maybe I was like "wow that's huge" - I don' t really remember.

Chaos_HL21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Chaos_HL21
Member since 2003 • 5288 Posts

I wonder how many of the "I never really cared" people in this thread are under 18 years old. I'm guessing 100% of them.

JML897

They may be trying to be all hip and be all counter culture and not conform (like everyone else. :P ).

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
It was in fifth grade when it happened. It took me a while to really absorb the magnitude of what happened. Then I cared.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

Thousands die daily. 

Didn't care much.

lostrib

well you're a scumbag

How so?

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Back then, of course I felt bad for the Americans, now I'm kinda meh on it. Tragedy though but as time moves on then so do we.
Jimn_tonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Jimn_tonic
Member since 2013 • 913 Posts

I cared, mainly because I knew it would result in war, and that those smoking building were only the beginning of lots of unnecessary death.

Zurrur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Zurrur
Member since 2009 • 1701 Posts

I don't know how you define "care" but it had nothing to do with me

Sure it sucked but i don't waste much thought thing so insignificant to me

NightStalkerBX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 NightStalkerBX
Member since 2006 • 2032 Posts

My father was a first responder who was nearly killed when WTC 7 came down, I still remember him coming home that night with his car covered in dust from the collapse.  Thousands died from the attack and thousands more have died from the military actions that followed as a result of the attacks, yeah, I still care.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts
50-50
tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
[QUOTE="Treflis"]Back then, of course I felt bad for the Americans, now I'm kinda meh on it. Tragedy though but as time moves on then so do we.

Eh, Americans, like some other countries, don't like to let things go. :P
ThaneKrios28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 ThaneKrios28
Member since 2013 • 1551 Posts

um yea i cared i am human afterall

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#149 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
Obviously bad and sympathy to the victims but I was like around 10 I was mostly pissed the family was hogging TV watching what was happening and I missed Dragon Ball Z on Cartoon Network. It's not something I lose sleep for.
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts

Yes..it was one of the most devastating attacks in our nation's history...of course I care