Did you actually care about 911? Be honest.

• 174 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts

Yes. It angers me to this day and will untill I die.

Yama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Yama
Member since 2002 • 34151 Posts

Seriously? In a weird sense I respect your honesty, though it's pretty unecessary in how it's worded. There are many different levels of care, but to not care at all is pretty heartless I'd say.

Anyhow, I'm from New York and my best friends father was lost (he was a fire fighter). It was a haunting time and still hurts in ways.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

I care about the same for these events: 9/11 Pearl Harbor Dresden Firebombs, Nagasaki, Hiroshima.

"Wait, what happened?  Oh man that sucks"  

Then I am fine the next hour/day whatever.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

[QUOTE="OhJayDubya"]No I didn't and still don't. I personally think that 911 is the most over glamorized event and is milked to no end, even though tragedy's on a much larger scale are pretty much forgotten. Can't remember the last time I heard about the Asian Tsunami, but reminded of 911 almost every week in some form.cain006

A natural disaster is different. 9/11 was people purposely killing thousands of civilians.

Say hello to the daily drone strikes the USA does. Oh wait, those aren't American lives. 9/11 was over televised, it was certainly a pretty major event, however more people died from Cancer or Starvation last year than from 9/11. Why aren't Americans spending trillions to defeat cancer? Cancer has killed more than "terrorism".
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#55 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58410 Posts

Of course, it was a tragic day for the US and, in some respect, much of the world as well given the international significance of the WTC.

I was not directly affected by it, but as a human being I have some sense of sympathy and empathy so naturally I felt for the victims and survivors to some extent.

And, I dont know, I was an adult (a young one, a senior in high school...18 years old) at the time, I think seeing those buildings fall has more of an effect on you as an adult than it does as a kid.  I think kids might have this coping mechanism that doesnt let them fully register the horror of what theyre seeing at times.

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 lo_Pine
[QUOTE="cain006"]

[QUOTE="OhJayDubya"]No I didn't and still don't. I personally think that 911 is the most over glamorized event and is milked to no end, even though tragedy's on a much larger scale are pretty much forgotten. Can't remember the last time I heard about the Asian Tsunami, but reminded of 911 almost every week in some form.Nibroc420

A natural disaster is different. 9/11 was people purposely killing thousands of civilians.

Say hello to the daily drone strikes the USA does. Oh wait, those aren't American lives. 9/11 was over televised, it was certainly a pretty major event, however more people died from Cancer or Starvation last year than from 9/11. Why aren't Americans spending trillions to defeat cancer? Cancer has killed more than "terrorism".

Americans aren't spending trillions to defeat cancer because the cure for cancer requires an ingenious idea. No matter how much money you give to a man or woman, won't cause them to compose that idea faster or more efficiently.
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#57 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

[QUOTE="cain006"]

[QUOTE="OhJayDubya"]No I didn't and still don't. I personally think that 911 is the most over glamorized event and is milked to no end, even though tragedy's on a much larger scale are pretty much forgotten. Can't remember the last time I heard about the Asian Tsunami, but reminded of 911 almost every week in some form.Nibroc420

For the record there is hundreds of billions of dollars spent on cancer research. 

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="cain006"]

[QUOTE="OhJayDubya"]No I didn't and still don't. I personally think that 911 is the most over glamorized event and is milked to no end, even though tragedy's on a much larger scale are pretty much forgotten. Can't remember the last time I heard about the Asian Tsunami, but reminded of 911 almost every week in some form.lo_Pine

Say hello to the daily drone strikes the USA does.
Oh wait, those aren't American lives.

9/11 was over televised, it was certainly a pretty major event, however more people died from Cancer or Starvation last year than from 9/11.
Why aren't Americans spending trillions to defeat cancer? Cancer has killed more than "terrorism".

Americans aren't spending trillions to defeat cancer because the cure for cancer requires an ingenious idea. No matter how much money you give to a man or woman, won't cause them to compose that idea faster or more efficiently.

More people looking for a cure, the faster the cure.
It's just like your terrorists, the more soldiers looking, the more terrorists get found.
I'm simply noting that more is spent to find the thing that kills less people (terrorists).

But i suppose that's for the best, they killed more less innocent civilians than the USA has in the past few months.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="cain006"]A natural disaster is different. 9/11 was people purposely killing thousands of civilians.

Yusuke420

For the record there is hundreds of billions of dollars spent on cancer research. 

How much is spent yearly double tapping the civilians in the middle east?
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Yusuke420

I don't know nor do I have direct control over foreign policy. Drones are a fairly new thing, so I'm not sure that is justification for something as horrid as 9/11. 

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Nibroc420

I don't know nor do I have direct control over foreign policy. Drones are a fairly new thing, so I'm not sure that is justification for something as horrid as 9/11. 

Yusuke420
I'm not justifying it. I'm simply saying the USA is currently (as in at this very moment) flying drones around civilian areas. "TBIJ reports that from June 2004 through mid-September 2012, available data indicate that drone strikes killed 2,562 - 3,325 people in Pakistan, of whom 474 - 881 were civilians, including 176 children. TBIJ reports that these strikes also injured an additional 1,228 - 1,362 individuals," according to the Stanford/NYU study." It's hard to be outraged that a country would attack the USA, when the USA is killing innocent civilians in other countries on a daily basis.
lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 lo_Pine

[QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="Nibroc420"]

Say hello to the daily drone strikes the USA does.
Oh wait, those aren't American lives.

9/11 was over televised, it was certainly a pretty major event, however more people died from Cancer or Starvation last year than from 9/11.
Why aren't Americans spending trillions to defeat cancer? Cancer has killed more than "terrorism".Nibroc420

It's just like your terrorists, the more soldiers looking, the more terrorists get found.
I'm simply noting that more is spent to find the thing that kills less people (terrorists).

But i suppose that's for the best, they killed more less innocent civilians than the USA has in the past few months.

That is a false statement because you are saying money will motivate people to find the cure for cancer, but if they are all looking in the wrong place then the cure will never be found. The king's courts of ancient times used to pay alchemists to find a way to create gold from other materials but that was obviously never found. They were funding people based on a false presumption. Even if offered anyone who could find a cure for cancer 100 billion dollars there are a very, very select few who even have the mental capacity to cope with such a problem and those few, wouldn't be motivated by money in the first place as they are motivated by knowledge in the first place. Just as genius's like Newton or Einstein were.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Nibroc420
[QUOTE="Nibroc420"]

[QUOTE="lo_Pine"]

Americans aren't spending trillions to defeat cancer because the cure for cancer requires an ingenious idea. No matter how much money you give to a man or woman, won't cause them to compose that idea faster or more efficiently.lo_Pine

That is a false statement because you are saying money will motivate people to find the cure for cancer, but if they are all looking in the wrong place then the cure will never be found. The king's courts of ancient times used to pay alchemists to find a way to create gold from other materials but that was obviously never found. They were funding people based on a false presumption. Even if offered anyone who could find a cure for cancer 100 billion dollars there are a very, very select few who even have the mental capacity to cope with such a problem and those few, wouldn't be motivated by money in the first place as they are motivated by knowledge in the first place. Just as genius's like Newton or Einstein were.

I'm saying money encourages people to work. Having 1 scientist looking for a cure for cancer would require 1 scientist to do millions of different tests and whatnot to figure things out. More money means that scientist can now have 5-6, heck 100 scientist buddies helping him along. While 1 scientist might look in the wrong place, 100 different scientists looking in different places yields different results. I'm not saying offer a trillion dollars for a cure for cancer. I'm saying the USA is spending trillions killing "terrorists" (though 90% of the time civilians end up dead) when you're less likely to die from terrorism than from a lightning bolt or a shark bite. Why not spend trillions hiring scientists to work towards cures to diseases which kill far more people than terrorists do (Aids, Cancer, etc)
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Yusuke420

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

Nibroc420

I'm not justifying it. I'm simply saying the USA is currently (as in at this very moment) flying drones around civilian areas. "TBIJ reports that from June 2004 through mid-September 2012, available data indicate that drone strikes killed 2,562 - 3,325 people in Pakistan, of whom 474 - 881 were civilians, including 176 children. TBIJ reports that these strikes also injured an additional 1,228 - 1,362 individuals," according to the Stanford/NYU study." It's hard to be outraged that a country would attack the USA, when the USA is killing innocent civilians in other countries on a daily basis.

9/11 was before all that though, I doubt any of that would be going on if those people hadn't commited that atrocity. 

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

Yusuke420

9/11 was before all that though, I doubt any of that would be going on if those people hadn't commited that atrocity. 

Those people? Those 881+ civilians who were killed and injured, had nothing to do with 9/11. They were people minding their own business when BOOM! something hits their home/work/car killing them and their families. Hmm sounds a lot like 9/11, random people killing innocents from another country for something someone else did.
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Yusuke420

For the record also the cure for HIV is closer then you might think 

Link

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Yusuke420

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"] I'm not justifying it. I'm simply saying the USA is currently (as in at this very moment) flying drones around civilian areas. "TBIJ reports that from June 2004 through mid-September 2012, available data indicate that drone strikes killed 2,562 - 3,325 people in Pakistan, of whom 474 - 881 were civilians, including 176 children. TBIJ reports that these strikes also injured an additional 1,228 - 1,362 individuals," according to the Stanford/NYU study." It's hard to be outraged that a country would attack the USA, when the USA is killing innocent civilians in other countries on a daily basis.Nibroc420

Those people? Those 881+ civilians who were killed and injured, had nothing to do with 9/11. They were people minding their own business when BOOM! something hits their home/work/car killing them and their families. Hmm sounds a lot like 9/11, random people killing innocents from another country for something someone else did.

Those people was refering to the 19 hijackers, as for the aftermath, you have to understand that fighting a war on terror is not the same thing as fighting a conventional war. I understand what you are saying, but you are asking for something that is impossible (war without civilian casualties). 

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Nibroc420

Link

Yusuke420
"This is why she and some of her colleagues are confident that at some point in the next 30 years we will see a functional cure for HIV. "I have no idea when, but I do know that if we work together in an integrated way it will be faster.""
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Yusuke420

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

Link

Nibroc420

"This is why she and some of her colleagues are confident that at some point in the next 30 years we will see a functional cure for HIV. "I have no idea when, but I do know that if we work together in an integrated way it will be faster.""

It's better then NEVER as was the case before...

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="Yusuke420"] 9/11 was before all that though, I doubt any of that would be going on if those people hadn't commited that atrocity. 

Yusuke420

Those people was refering to the 19 hijackers, as for the aftermath, you have to understand that fighting a war on terror is not the same thing as fighting a conventional war. I understand what you are saying, but you are asking for something that is impossible (war without civilian casualties). 

90% of all drone strike hit a civilian. Every Drone strike is followed up with another strike, called a "double tap" where after the first bomb goes off, killing potential terrorists, another missile is fired at first responders. 5-6 years ago i remember the news reporting on how the terror groups were doing just that. A little bomb to hurt someone, get attention, get paramedics and family members on the scene, and then boom, a second explosion. Dont make me link the video of the guys in a helicopter laughing and cheering each-other while they gun down a tv reporter, and then a van full of children.
IdioticIcarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 IdioticIcarus
Member since 2012 • 2167 Posts
I was relatively young when it happened and in my own little bubble and didn't really understand the importance of it. So no, at the time it was just another day except adults seemed to be sadder and we didn't have to do much at school. Instead of being really sad and worried I was more like, "Yes! No homework!" which I know sounds horrible now. As I got older and saw the impact it has had on the country I live in as well as other places across the world, yeah, I cared.
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Yusuke420

War is always going to be ugly and I have no doubt terrible things have been done in the name of winning it. Tell me, if you were the sitting US president after 9/11, how would you have handled things? No dodges please, I want you to outline an agenda that would be effective at both eliminating the enemy and at the same time preventing civilian casualties. 

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 lo_Pine
[QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="Nibroc420"]

But i suppose that's for the best, they killed more less innocent civilians than the USA has in the past few months.Nibroc420

I'm saying money encourages people to work. Having 1 scientist looking for a cure for cancer would require 1 scientist to do millions of different tests and whatnot to figure things out. More money means that scientist can now have 5-6, heck 100 scientist buddies helping him along. While 1 scientist might look in the wrong place, 100 different scientists looking in different places yields different results. I'm not saying offer a trillion dollars for a cure for cancer. I'm saying the USA is spending trillions killing "terrorists" (though 90% of the time civilians end up dead) when you're less likely to die from terrorism than from a lightning bolt or a shark bite. Why not spend trillions hiring scientists to work towards cures to diseases which kill far more people than terrorists do (Aids, Cancer, etc)

Because when you are on top it is better to die from nature than it is to die or be control of by another man.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Nibroc420

War is always going to be ugly Yusuke420

There ya go. Just shrug off 9/11, as you're shrugging off the deaths of hundreds of innocent women and children. War's ugly, and the people in the WTC were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Sucks for them, but ah well, War is war.

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Yusuke420

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

War is always going to be ugly Nibroc420

There ya go. Just shrug off 9/11, as you're shrugging off the deaths of hundreds of innocent women and children. War's ugly, and the people in the WTC were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Sucks for them, but ah well, War is war.

There was no war at the time 9/11 happend. No drones either, not really seeing your point. You also conviently don't offer any alturnatives to what is currently being done. If we are going to have a discussion, at least be open and honest. I have answered all of your questions and I hope you will answer mine. 

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 lo_Pine
[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

War is always going to be ugly Nibroc420

Then don't complain about citizens in the Middle East being killed by drone strikes. War is war.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Nibroc420

War is always going to be ugly Yusuke420

There was no war at the time 9/11 happend. No drones either, not really seeing your point. You also conviently don't offer any alturnatives to what is currently being done. If we are going to have a discussion, at least be open and honest. I have answered all of your questions and I hope you will answer mine. 

There was a war in the minds of the people attacking the WTC, something "hurt" them, and they retaliated. 9/11 wasn't just a bunch of children who were bored with a little too much time on their hands and creative thinking, people planned it for a purpose. I'm not going to answer a question if you're asking what my activities of the past 12 years would've looked like if i were president.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Nibroc420

War is always going to be ugly lo_Pine

Then don't complain about citizens in the Middle East being killed by drone strikes. War is war.

I'm just finding it ironic that so many Americans are horrified by how terrorists could attack such a large group of civilians, they're innocent people after all. Oh wait, the USA does that, and it's okay because Americans justify the deaths of innocents in their minds, or shrug it off as if non-American lives are less valuable.
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Yusuke420

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"] There ya go. Just shrug off 9/11, as you're shrugging off the deaths of hundreds of innocent women and children. War's ugly, and the people in the WTC were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Sucks for them, but ah well, War is war.

Nibroc420

There was a war in the minds of the people attacking the WTC, something "hurt" them, and they retaliated. 9/11 wasn't just a bunch of children who were bored with a little too much time on their hands and creative thinking, people planned it for a purpose. I'm not going to answer a question if you're asking what my activities of the past 12 years would've looked like if i were president.

Why not? I could outline my agenda pretty easily. What was the purpose of 9/11? To poke a bear? I sincerly hope they got whatever reaction they wanted. 

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Yusuke420

[QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="Nibroc420"] There ya go. Just shrug off 9/11, as you're shrugging off the deaths of hundreds of innocent women and children. War's ugly, and the people in the WTC were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Sucks for them, but ah well, War is war.

Nibroc420

I'm just finding it ironic that so many Americans are horrified by how terrorists could attack such a large group of civilians, they're innocent people after all. Oh wait, the USA does that, and it's okay because Americans justify the deaths of innocents in their minds, or shrug it off as if non-American lives are less valuable.

Not sure what you mean by "Shrug it off", if it were up to me, I'd beg the israelites to take some islands off the coast of florida as the new israel and I'd leave the ME and never think about it again. 

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 lo_Pine

[QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="Nibroc420"] There ya go. Just shrug off 9/11, as you're shrugging off the deaths of hundreds of innocent women and children. War's ugly, and the people in the WTC were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Sucks for them, but ah well, War is war.Nibroc420

That's exactly what the terrorists on 9/11 thought about Americans. It just turns out the Americans fight harder.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts
I am more disturbed by everything that happened after it, and the fact that we still do not know who was responsible for it.
lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 lo_Pine
I am more disturbed by everything that happened after it, and the fact that we still do not know who was responsible for it.Laihendi
You're just so cute. .
Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

I am more disturbed by everything that happened after it, and the fact that we still do not know who was responsible for it.Laihendi
Osama bin ladin and a bunch of pissed off muslims.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]I am more disturbed by everything that happened after it, and the fact that we still do not know who was responsible for it.MakeMeaSammitch

Do you really think crashing a plane into the top of a tower would make the base of it collapse?
lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 lo_Pine
[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]I am more disturbed by everything that happened after it, and the fact that we still do not know who was responsible for it.Laihendi

Do you really think crashing a plane into the top of a tower would make the base of it collapse?

Bulba used vine whip!
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]I am more disturbed by everything that happened after it, and the fact that we still do not know who was responsible for it.Laihendi

It collapsed from the top down dumbass.

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Yusuke420

....The base never collapsed

sapphire54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 sapphire54
Member since 2013 • 135 Posts
yes, I did like most of the human race.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

probably when the rest of the building falls on top of it

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]Osama bin ladin and a bunch of pissed off muslims.

lostrib

That is convenient that the entire thing collapsed in perfect balance rather than the top just falling over on the side, which is what one would logically expect since the damage from the crash would make the top part asymmetrical which would throw off the balance.
sapphire54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 sapphire54
Member since 2013 • 135 Posts

My friend asks, if he half cared does it still count?

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Yusuke420

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] Do you really think crashing a plane into the top of a tower would make the base of it collapse?Laihendi

That is convenient that the entire thing collapsed in perfect balance rather than the top just falling over on the side, which is what one would logically expect since the damage from the crash would make the top part asymmetrical which would throw off the balance.

How old were you when this happend lai?

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 lo_Pine
[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] Do you really think crashing a plane into the top of a tower would make the base of it collapse?Laihendi

Bulba used spore!
Kemonojin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Kemonojin
Member since 2013 • 48 Posts
I was too young to understand the devastation, so I did not until years later.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

So when did you get your PhD in engineering and physics?

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="lostrib"]

lo_Pine

Bulba used spore!

bulba used full retard.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Laihendi

So when did you get your PhD in engineering and physics?lostrib
I do not have one. Do you?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#100 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58410 Posts

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="lo_Pine"] Then don't complain about citizens in the Middle East being killed by drone strikes. War is war.lo_Pine

That's exactly what the terrorists on 9/11 thought about Americans. It just turns out the Americans fight harder.

yeah, the loss of civilian life on either side is tragic, but at the risk of sounding juvenile, they (muslim extremists) started it, so if you are really pissed off about innocent Afghanis dying, well, lets share the blame at least a little bit and put it as much on the terrorists as the US military.

Dont start none, won't be none...so they say.

Lets also not forget about the decades of embassy bombings, airline bombings, and more, all done in the name of Islam.  This is nothing new.  If you ask me, the more backwards parts of the Muslim world had this coming for 30-40 years now.

I really just hope this is the death gasps of the extremists and fundamentalists, the last vain attempts to scare people into thinking their way is better.  I hope in the next decade or two there will be a massive drop in these attacks, followed by fewer Muslim-on-Muslim attacks (as are occuring in democratic muslim states now, actually).

Most Arab-Americans I know (is that the proper term? I dont know...) are pretty damn awesome, and the few that are religious are all right too...only thing I can object to is that they won't drink a beer with you :P  Wish the rest of the Muslim world would get on board, realize that ancient faith and modern society can coexist.