Chick-fil-A Does NOT Like Same Sex Couples.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

[QUOTE="SickBoy724"]

Well... they are pretty much the only fast food place that doesnt open on Sundays, and it was started by a devout Christian. What's dumb is they allowed their opinion to be public.

I have nothing against gays, but I do love Chick-Fil-A chicken.

Pixel-Pirate

I never even heard of them before a year ago. They seem to be a fairly minor chain. They're no Mcdonalds or KFC.

Minor? Hardly. CFA earns more profit with fewer stores than KFC does with more stores and KFC is losing market share to the other chicken chains.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cacc9e03b460
deactivated-5cacc9e03b460

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#152 deactivated-5cacc9e03b460
Member since 2005 • 6976 Posts

I never heard of the place. But it wouldn't have any influence on my decision to eat there.

xfactor19990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#153 xfactor19990
Member since 2004 • 10917 Posts

Their business, their loss.

magiciandude
QFT
DmadFearmonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#154 DmadFearmonger
Member since 2009 • 5169 Posts

I'm not allowed there if this is the case...

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

DmadFearmonger

It is up to you whether or not you wish to eat there, They never said that you couldn't.

Cataclism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Cataclism
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts

WTH is Chick-fil-A???

DmadFearmonger

You're gay???

Well, I guess that explains why you don't find any female celebrities attractive. But doesn't explain your apparently godly girlfriend......

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
never heard of them
Fable_w8ter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Fable_w8ter
Member since 2004 • 685 Posts

I always thought chick-fil-a was a candy. My mind is now blown.

mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#159 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
lol I work at chick fil a. I hope you people don't start boycotting, otherwise I lose hours and money.
BrianB0422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#160 BrianB0422
Member since 2009 • 1636 Posts
I was starting to enjoy Chick-Fil-A, but I am a man of principle. Therefore, they have lost a customer. For the people that are saying, "they have the right to donate to whomever they want." Sure they do. But I'm positive that back in the 60's there were people making the same arguement about businesses financially aiding groups that advocated for the discrimination of black people. It's 2011. Time for people to grow up and respect others, regardless of their life choices. If I had a business and donated my product to an event that was a meeting of Atheists, discussing anti-christian topics, I'm sure the bible thumpers would be boycotting me. But whenever the shoe is on the other foot, all you hear is, "How dumm! Im gunna eat fifty chicken sammiches evry day for teh rest of my life! Yee haw!"
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#161 frostybanana
Member since 2010 • 5523 Posts
[QUOTE="BrianB0422"]I was starting to enjoy Chick-Fil-A, but I am a man of principle. Therefore, they have lost a customer. For the people that are saying, "they have the right to donate to whomever they want." Sure they do. But I'm positive that back in the 60's there were people making the same arguement about businesses financially aiding groups that advocated for the discrimination of black people. It's 2011. Time for people to grow up and respect others, regardless of their life choices. If I had a business and donated my product to an event that was a meeting of Atheists, discussing anti-christian topics, I'm sure the bible thumpers would be boycotting me. But whenever the shoe is on the other foot, all you hear is, "How dumm! Im gunna eat fifty chicken sammiches evry day for teh rest of my life! Yee haw!"

Chick-Fil-A is not discriminating against homosexuals. They're doing the exact opposite in fact. They're stating that they don't agree with it, but that they'll serve homosexuals regardless. Isn't that what respect is? Comparing that with businesses that refused to serve black people is illogical. And yes, clearly everyone that doesn't care about this are morbidly obese, slack jawed yokels who eat nothing but sandwiches every day :roll:
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#162 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts
probably all for the best...I mean same sex couples taste awful deep fried.....
lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#163 lpjazzman220
Member since 2008 • 2249 Posts

its a christian franchise...and everyone knows christianity is against same sex couples...it quite clearly says its wrong in the bible...sooo its not surprise to me...and i like meh chickens!!!!...tho i think hardees has better chicken strips lolz XP

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#164 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

How would they even know? Regardless, seems like a dumb stand for a food service company to make.

BrianB0422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#165 BrianB0422
Member since 2009 • 1636 Posts
[QUOTE="BrianB0422"]I was starting to enjoy Chick-Fil-A, but I am a man of principle. Therefore, they have lost a customer. For the people that are saying, "they have the right to donate to whomever they want." Sure they do. But I'm positive that back in the 60's there were people making the same arguement about businesses financially aiding groups that advocated for the discrimination of black people. It's 2011. Time for people to grow up and respect others, regardless of their life choices. If I had a business and donated my product to an event that was a meeting of Atheists, discussing anti-christian topics, I'm sure the bible thumpers would be boycotting me. But whenever the shoe is on the other foot, all you hear is, "How dumm! Im gunna eat fifty chicken sammiches evry day for teh rest of my life! Yee haw!"frostybanana
Chick-Fil-A is not discriminating against homosexuals. They're doing the exact opposite in fact. They're stating that they don't agree with it, but that they'll serve homosexuals regardless. Isn't that what respect is? Comparing that with businesses that refused to serve black people is illogical. And yes, clearly everyone that doesn't care about this are morbidly obese, slack jawed yokels who eat nothing but sandwiches every day :roll:

They are supporting (by donating to an event) an organization that is a very vocal anti-gay group. My comparison is completely logical. As opposed to businesses in the 60's that had signs that said "No Blacks", Chick-fil-a is happy to take money from gay people, but then turn and support organizations that are anti-gay. And I said nothing about "everyone that doesn't care" being what you say I said. I'm saying, if you go to any other venue than Gamespot forums (which are largely full of people that really could care less about social issues, libertarians if you will) there are hordes of folks supporting Chick-fil-A blindly. While it is their right, they tend to be on the dumb side of things, hypocrites, and only in support because they either A) hate gay people themselves, or B) see the Christian business being rightfully persecuted and cannot stand it.
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 frostybanana
[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="BrianB0422"]I was starting to enjoy Chick-Fil-A, but I am a man of principle. Therefore, they have lost a customer. For the people that are saying, "they have the right to donate to whomever they want." Sure they do. But I'm positive that back in the 60's there were people making the same arguement about businesses financially aiding groups that advocated for the discrimination of black people. It's 2011. Time for people to grow up and respect others, regardless of their life choices. If I had a business and donated my product to an event that was a meeting of Atheists, discussing anti-christian topics, I'm sure the bible thumpers would be boycotting me. But whenever the shoe is on the other foot, all you hear is, "How dumm! Im gunna eat fifty chicken sammiches evry day for teh rest of my life! Yee haw!"BrianB0422

They are supporting (by donating to an event) an organization that is a very vocal anti-gay group. My comparison is completely logical. As opposed to businesses in the 60's that had signs that said "No Blacks", Chick-fil-a is happy to take money from gay people, but then turn and support organizations that are anti-gay. And I said nothing about "everyone that doesn't care" being what you say I said. I'm saying, if you go to any other venue than Gamespot forums (which are largely full of people that really could care less about social issues, libertarians if you will) there are hordes of folks supporting Chick-fil-A blindly. While it is their right, they tend to be on the dumb side of things, hypocrites, and only in support because they either A) hate gay people themselves, or B) see the Christian business being rightfully persecuted and cannot stand it.

Donating to an anti-gay group is not discrimination, which is what you claimed they are doing. Their business does not discriminate and is free to use the money they earned to do whatever they want. You are the one connecting their business and their personal views. They are free to support whomever they please. That has nothing to do with their business. And when did they say they hate gay people? They said they don't accept gay people, as in they don't agree with gay marriage. They do not hate anyone. I don't understand, because they're a business they have throw away their personal beliefs and conform to whatever group is *****ing at them? If you're so intolerant of their personal beliefs, that's fine. Don't eat there. They'll really miss the $4 bucks you spend on a sandwich.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts

"Chick-Fil-A donates large amounts of money to vehemently anti-gay organizations and opposes gay marriage on the biblical basis that gays are abominations in the sight of God. But they don't hate gay people."

Apparently I can donate to the KKK and some people will defend my decision and say I don't hate non-whites.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

Don't agree with their views on the issue. But I'll still eat their chicken sandwiches.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

maybe this means there is a niche to fill in the fast food restaruant business.

come to my chicken place it's called dude-fil-a, you have to make out with harvey fierstein just to get in the place.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Never seen one, never cared
alexside1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 alexside1
Member since 2006 • 4412 Posts

"Chick-Fil-A donates large amounts of money to vehemently anti-gay organizations and opposes gay marriage on the biblical basis that gays are abominations in the sight of God. But they don't hate gay people."

Apparently I can donate to the KKK and some people will defend my decision and say I don't hate non-whites.

Theokhoth
I knew that you pull out the racist card out.
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#172 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

Well, I don't know if I'll eat there-- it depends on the menu, as I'm now pesco-vegetarian and I haven't looked at their menu.

As for their stance on gay marriage-- they're a business. They're entitled to their opinion. It's a free country.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
[QUOTE="mindstorm"]First off, the article is horribly biased. Second, Chick-fil-A is actually a Christian organization. The company's official statement of corporate purpose says that the business exists "to glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us and to have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A." Did you think they close on Sundays for any reason other than their religious faith?

i was gonna bring this up. its part of why they're one of my favorite fast food places :)
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
Why is a fast-food place taking a stand on this issue in the first place?
GreatEmpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 GreatEmpire
Member since 2011 • 254 Posts

Is there a mandate that they have to? When did it become law that you had to condone same sex couplings and be subjected to a witch hunt when you don't? GE is a bunch of liberal trolls and I still buy their f****** light bulbs, even though I think they're political crazies. I personally don't have a problem with gays -- I think they have an incredibly tough road to travel and that what they do in the bedroom is their business. But when they start thinking they can tell me what places I can or cannot frequent because it does or does not fit their agenda, I become offended and all it makes me want to do is support that business, because believe it or not, gays can be just as big of bullies as those who don't condone the gay lifestyle.

Not everyone is going to agree with the gay lifestyle. Nor are they beholden to.

Shame-usBlackley
i agree. there business their rules
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
Why is a fast-food place taking a stand on this issue in the first place?JML897
because its founders are strong christians, i would assume.
whiplash26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 whiplash26
Member since 2009 • 113 Posts
Why is a fast-food place taking a stand on this issue in the first place?JML897
If you ever ate there Besides the ones in the mall, you would know. They only play christian music, in north carolina, they allow street preaching on their property. Witnessed that myself.lol
GreatEmpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 GreatEmpire
Member since 2011 • 254 Posts
Man this place sounds awesome. I can see why they wouldn't have restaurants here in the Godless wastes of Canada though. But seriously you all make this place sound like it's the best damn place around. Next time I'm in the states I guess I'll have to go check one out.Ace6301
if you dont like canada then you can just geeett out
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 JML897

[QUOTE="JML897"]Why is a fast-food place taking a stand on this issue in the first place?whiplash26
If you ever ate there Besides the ones in the mall, you would know. They only play christian music, in north carolina, they allow street preaching on their property. Witnessed that myself.lol

I live in Illinois, they don't have Chick-Fil-A's here. :( I'm jealous because I always hear people talk about how great Chick-Fil-A and In-n-Outs are but I've never eaten at either one.

whiplash26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 whiplash26

[QUOTE="Ace6301"]Man this place sounds awesome. I can see why they wouldn't have restaurants here in the Godless wastes of Canada though. But seriously you all make this place sound like it's the best damn place around. Next time I'm in the states I guess I'll have to go check one out.GreatEmpire
if you dont like canada then you can just geeett out

DAY TOOK OOR JUUUUBS!!!!!!! (South Park reference)

-supercharged-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#181 -supercharged-
Member since 2006 • 5820 Posts

I don't eat there anyways but I don't agree with their policy. While same sex couples are free to do what they want doesn't mean I have to agree with what they aredoing. They are the ones losing money not me and if it was my business I would still serve same sex couples because they are still human, and should be able to eat anywhere they want without being treated like they aren't apart of society.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 JML897

[QUOTE="JML897"]Why is a fast-food place taking a stand on this issue in the first place?starwarsjunky

Yeah I get that but I just don't see how it's relevant to what they do. It'd be like if Best Buy came out and said they were pro-choice.
Maybe I'm missing something but I don't get it.

whiplash26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 whiplash26

I live in Illinois, they don't have Chick-Fil-A's here. :( I'm jealous because I always hear people talk about how great Chick-Fil-A and In-n-Outs are but I've never eaten at either one.

JML897
I swear their chicken makes you want to go to KFC or anyother chicken place and slap them for doing you taking your money all those years. Zaxby's is a good place too.
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 frostybanana

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="JML897"]Why is a fast-food place taking a stand on this issue in the first place?JML897

Yeah I get that but I just don't see how it's relevant to what they do. It'd be like if Best Buy came out and said they were pro-choice.
Maybe I'm missing something but I don't get it.

well it's not like they came out and said it for no reason. they were questioned about it because they were funding anti-gay groups.

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 frostybanana

I don't eat there anyways but I don't agree with their policy. While same sex couples are free to do what they want doesn't mean I have to agree with what they aredoing. They are the ones losing money not me and if it was my business I would still serve same sex couples because they are still human, and should be able to eat anywhere they want without being treated like they aren't apart of society.

-supercharged-
they DO still serve same-sex couples, what are you talking about?
-supercharged-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#186 -supercharged-
Member since 2006 • 5820 Posts

[QUOTE="-supercharged-"]

frostybanana

they DO still serve same-sex couples, what are you talking about?

Well then in that case what's the problem?

CMFreezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 CMFreezy
Member since 2011 • 656 Posts
This does not bother me and I will continue eating there.
whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#189 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

I don't think they dislike gay couples. They just oppose gay marriage.

Anyway, I don't know of any restaurants of their corporation in my area, so I don't really care. All I got where I live is KFC.

Got_to_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Got_to_go
Member since 2009 • 2036 Posts

[QUOTE="whiplash26"][QUOTE="JML897"]Why is a fast-food place taking a stand on this issue in the first place?JML897

Dude I live in Illinois and they totally have Chick Fil-A.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 JML897

[QUOTE="JML897"]

[QUOTE="whiplash26"] If you ever ate there Besides the ones in the mall, you would know. They only play christian music, in north carolina, they allow street preaching on their property. Witnessed that myself.lolGot_to_go

Dude I live in Illinois and they totally have Chick Fil-A.

Woah you're right. :o It looks like there are only a few and they're all spread out though. I'm going to the one in Orland Park ASAP (once the blizzard passes)

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Anyway, I don't know of any restaurants of their corporation in my area, so I don't really care. All I got where I live is KFC.

whipassmt

Denying Gay marriage is, oh I don't know, kind of discriminatory. I don't dislike black people, I just oppose them marrying other whites.

CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#193 CHOASXIII
Member since 2009 • 14716 Posts

Well they are taking a stand on what they believe in. It's up the the consumer to either act like an adult and accept that or just act like a five year old and start picketing them and protesting. I myself will not stop going there.

BillyLee912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 BillyLee912
Member since 2011 • 123 Posts

@BMDD I agree with you 100% If you have a problem with there policy you don't have to eat their it is your choice.

gatorteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 gatorteen
Member since 2005 • 2760 Posts

[QUOTE="whipassmt"]

HoolaHoopMan

Denying Gay marriage is, oh I don't know, kind of discriminatory. I don't dislike black people, I just oppose them marrying other whites.

Just because you are opposed to same sex marriage doesn't mean you don't like same sex couples. Some people believe that marriage is sacred and is a bond between a man and a woman. There is a large percentage of people who believe that same sex couples should have all the rights of a straight couple, but not the title of marriage.

abentwookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#196 abentwookie
Member since 2010 • 463 Posts

lol I'll have to go in there with a friend and act gay just to annoy them. :lol:

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 HoolaHoopMan

[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"]

[QUOTE="whipassmt"]

gatorteen

Just because you are opposed to same sex marriage doesn't mean you don't like same sex couples. Some people believe that marriage is sacred and is a bond between a man and a woman. There is a large percentage of people who believe that same sex couples should have all the rights of a straight couple, but not the title of marriage.

If you're denying a right to said group of people then it's an issue, and guess what they don't' want to settle for this "separate but equal" crap that you're proposing. You could just as easily flip your argument around and substitute "same sex marriage" with "interracial marriage" and argue it based on moral principal, because believe it or not there are some people out there that do find interracial marriage immoral. We don't deny rights in this country based on "sacred" principal defined by one's religion.

chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#198 chicknfeet
Member since 2004 • 15630 Posts
I remember hearing about this a few days back. Honestly, i stopped going to them because they are too damned expensive. If that's how they feel, then it's their business.
DreamnDayUnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 DreamnDayUnite
Member since 2011 • 428 Posts

[QUOTE="gatorteen"]

[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"] Denying Gay marriage is, oh I don't know, kind of discriminatory. I don't dislike black people, I just oppose them marrying other whites.

HoolaHoopMan

If you're denying a right to said group of people then it's an issue, and guess what they don't' want to settle for this "separate but equal" crap that you're proposing. You could just as easily flip your argument around and substitute "same sex marriage" with "interracial marriage" and argue it based on moral principal, because believe it or not there are some people out there that do find interracial marriage immoral. We don't deny rights in this country based on "sacred" principal defined by one's religion.

There is a big difference between denying same sex marriage and interracial marriage.
HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 HoolaHoopMan

There is a big difference between denying same sex marriage and interracial marriage.DreamnDayUnite

Please do tell.