Chick-fil-A Does NOT Like Same Sex Couples.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bladecutter56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51 Bladecutter56
Member since 2006 • 2081 Posts

Oh well. This is the first I've heard about it, but I liked their waffle fries.

And they're hiring, so I'm not going to bring it up. Or protest outside of the nearest Chick-fil-A.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts
Don't frequent them, it's their loss if they lose patrons because of views like this.
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#53 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
Nope, I won't support their business now. I've only eaten there once though, so they haven't lost much. :P
arbitor365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#54 arbitor365
Member since 2009 • 2726 Posts

[QUOTE="arbitor365"]

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"]That's fine. If it becomes apparent that you're gay in a restaurant, you're being too obvious.Ace6301

oh you. we can always count on your bigoted bile in every topic on LGBT issues

To be completely fair he does kind of have a point this time. I mean it's a fast food restaurant, not some fancy place where people would go to have a romantic evening. I've never seen any couple making out in McD's for one.

I have seen couples in fast food restaurants. they practically never make out. perhaps they hold hands, flirt, or sit close together. you can usually tell when two people are together, whether they are gay or straight. solidsnake isnt arguing against gay lewd conduct." he is simply against gay conduct....... period."

thats not really the point. the point is that there is no legitimate reason why gays should have to hide their relationships in public places.

what solidsnake is really saying is that if you let people see you are gay than some of the blame rests on you if you are discriminated against. this is nonsense. People shouldnt have to be nonchalant around their loved ones simply because other people might have irrational hatred towards them for it. this is as ethically bankrupt as saying

"if you dont flaunt it, how will people discriminate against you?"

in their eyes "flaunting it" is synonymous with "not keeping your homosexuality a total secret from everyone around you." lets face it. people like this want every gay person to be permanently locked into a closet

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
something something Mormons I ate there rarely;. will eat there even less. This is disgusting.
PeaceChild90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 PeaceChild90
Member since 2009 • 781 Posts

Oh well, it's too expensive to eat there anyway.

I apparently work for an "anti-gay" company too, so I guess I'm a hypocrite.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
[QUOTE="PeaceChild90"]

expensive? its not more than any fast food place. Its like 5-6 bucks for a combo meal and damn tastey.
PeaceChild90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 PeaceChild90
Member since 2009 • 781 Posts

[QUOTE="PeaceChild90"]

AutoPilotOn

expensive? its not more than any fast food place. Its like 5-6 bucks for a combo meal and damn tastey.

It was like $8 with tax when I went last week. I just don't think it's worth it.

Except for the lemonade, that ****s delicious.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#59 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44723 Posts
I've never eaten there, and now I definitely won't.
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
Article is biased. Also Chik-fil-a is a Christian company. I guess being closed on Sundays wasn't enough of a clue.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#61 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Well, it's wrong not to let homosexuals eat at your resteraunt (And you're losing customers while doing this too), but at the same time it's not like homosexuals people really stand out from heterosexual people, unless they go out of their way to stand out.

Got_to_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Got_to_go
Member since 2009 • 2036 Posts

Dammit why couldn't a crappy fast food place like long john silvers have done this instead? Now I'm gonna have to sacrifice delicious fast food chicken in order to support gay rights.

Tis a hard struggle.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
It's not like they can tell that your a homosexual.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
1. This is no big shock. -they are closed on Sunday for religious reasons -they promote Christian literature and teachings in their kids' meals 2. I actually like when companies/public figures have an opinion and are honest about what they stand for ...versus just trying to be PC and maximize profit (no matter if I agree with them or not) 3. They have the best tasting fast food IMO Their employees are nice (at every one I have ever been to) Their places are clean I will continue to eat there on a weekly basis
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

While a company has to have an equal opportunity employment policy, that does not mean that they have to accept someones sexuality. Chick-Fil-A was born in the south where working on Sunday was considered taboo for the longest of times. It was 1967 when the first Chick-Fil-A opened at Greenbriar Mall in Atlanta. People were a bit more religious back then.

Anyone who opens a business can have any belief they wish. You have the ability to use said business or use a different one. They do not have to accept your lifestyle just as you have the right to spend your money where you want due to their beliefs.

I love their food (it's better than most burger joints that serve warmed over hockey pucks like McDonald's, Burger King or Wendy's). I respect the founder's wishes of not opening on Sunday and I respect his right to object to same sex marriage.

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#66 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

It's obvious the place was religiously run considering they close on sundays (which seems rather bad from a buisness stand point)

Personally I think the owners of chik fil a need to decide if they wish to be a church or a successful buisness. Clearly both aren't going to happen. I have never seen a chik fil a outside of one that opened here a year or two ago and it isn't doing so hot. I'm sure the insane prices have nothing to do with it.

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Pixel-Pirate

First off, the article is horribly biased. Second, Chick-fil-A is actually a Christian organization. The company's official statement of corporate purpose says that the business exists "to glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us and to have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A." Did you think they close on Sundays for any reason other than their religious faith?mindstorm

Bad buisness sense?

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#68 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
I really couldn't care less either way.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Man this place sounds awesome. I can see why they wouldn't have restaurants here in the Godless wastes of Canada though. But seriously you all make this place sound like it's the best damn place around. Next time I'm in the states I guess I'll have to go check one out.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 rawsavon

[QUOTE="mindstorm"]First off, the article is horribly biased. Second, Chick-fil-A is actually a Christian organization. The company's official statement of corporate purpose says that the business exists "to glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us and to have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A." Did you think they close on Sundays for any reason other than their religious faith?Pixel-Pirate

Bad buisness sense?

How so?
I wonder how many christains go there b/c of the company's policies versus business lost from being closed on Sundays.

It might actually be cost effective to remain closed
-counts as 1 day off for every employee = they only get one more day off = hire less people
-they get a shut down day for costs
-they gain business from christians

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

2. I actually like when companies/public figures have an opinion and are honest about what they stand for ...versus just trying to be PC and maximize profit (no matter if I agree with them or not) rawsavon

Sing it brother, sing it.

This PC BS has been going on for far too long. It's no wonder the US is in the shape it is nowadays. Happy Holidays my rear end it is Merry Christmas (and I am not even that religious).

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts

Its a Christian establishment

Their food sucks anyways

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts
I didn't like their food that much anyway.
Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Pixel-Pirate

[QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

[QUOTE="mindstorm"]First off, the article is horribly biased. Second, Chick-fil-A is actually a Christian organization. The company's official statement of corporate purpose says that the business exists "to glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us and to have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A." Did you think they close on Sundays for any reason other than their religious faith?rawsavon

Bad buisness sense?

How so?
I wonder how many christains go there b/c of the company's policies versus business lost from being closed on Sundays.

-counts as 1 day off for every employee = they only get one more day off = hire less people

I simply never visit them because I can't be assed to wait till they open. This may explain why a company like KFC (also started in the south, also started around the same time, also serves chicken) is a massive fast food juggernaut that is a house hold name and most people don't even know what the hell a chik fil a is.

Is the money you're getting from christians somehow offsetting the millions you lose every sunday to the mcdonalds, taco bell, KFC, Jack in the box, In & out, del taco, and Togos located within half a mile of your buisness?

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

They sound like they're nuts. I'm glad I've never eaten there. I'm surprised at how many people here are willing to donate to anti-gay organizations so they can eat crappy fast food.

Zeldafan221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#76 Zeldafan221
Member since 2009 • 1190 Posts
There food is to good, and besides, if they act like they are just friends and not be to obvious about it, nothing will happen.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 AutoPilotOn

They sound like they're nuts. I'm glad I've never eaten there. I'm surprised at how many people here are willing to donate to anti-gay organizations so they can eat crappy fast food.

Pffrbt
its not crappy chickfila kicks ass. I dont have a problem with them having their own beliefs. I think its silly but who and I am decide their values?
TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

Yes, plus I do kind of like they're ad campaign of not killing cows...I do like cows.:P

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#79 frostybanana
Member since 2010 • 5523 Posts

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

[QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

Bad buisness sense?

Pixel-Pirate

How so?

I simply never visit them because I can't be assed to wait till they open. This may explain why a company like KFC (also started in the south, also started around the same time, also serves chicken) is a massive fast food juggernaut that is a house hold name and most people don't even know what the hell a chik fil a is.

Is the money you're getting from christians somehow offsetting the millions you lose every sunday to the mcdonalds, taco bell, KFC, Jack in the box, In & out, del taco, and Togos located within half a mile of your buisness?

That's funny. Yahoo Finance reports Chick-Fil-A's revenue for 2009 at 3.2 billion.

KFCs 2007 revenue was around 520.3 million.

Nobody knows what Chick-fil-A is? Not so sure about that. That's a big discrepancy in numbers and it looks like they're doing just fine for cash.

dagreenfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 dagreenfish
Member since 2010 • 1818 Posts

Learned about this a few weeks ago. Used to eat there every couple of weeks, but will not be giving them anymore money.

Avatar image for Fuhgeddabouditt
Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Fuhgeddabouditt
Member since 2010 • 5468 Posts
they need to bring one to NYC, outside of NYU of course.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 rawsavon

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

[QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

Bad buisness sense?

Pixel-Pirate

How so?

Size does not =/= profitability.
-I don't know which one generates a greater % profit
-just saying that having many stores and having greater sales =/= more profit or more % profit

Also, I believe that KFC is owned by the same group that owns Pepsi (I think)...I know Taco Bell is also owned by the same group as the group that owns KFC.
So the two companies are not similar enough to compare
-1 being independent and 1 being part of a huge conglomeration

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 rawsavon

[QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

How so?

frostybanana

That's funny. Yahoo Finance reports Chick-Fil-A's revenue for 2009 at 3.2 billion.

KFCs 2007 revenue was around 520.3 million.

Nobody knows what Chick-fil-A is? Not so sure about that. That's a big discrepancy in numbers and it looks like they're doing just fine for cash.

Wow. Thanks for looking that up.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

its not crappy chickfila kicks ass.

It's crappy, hence why I've never eaten there.

I dont have a problem with them having their own beliefs. I think its silly but who and I am decide their values?AutoPilotOn

You completely missed the point.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 AutoPilotOn
how do you know its crappy if you never ate there?
HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

frostybanana

I've never seen one up here in the Upper Midwest.

stanleycup98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#87 stanleycup98
Member since 2006 • 6144 Posts
While I may not necessarily agree with their beliefs, they are a private company and are allowed to believe what they want to believe. Just because the executives of a company don't like gays doesn't mean that the majority of the workers there don't like gays. If I were to criticize them or boycott them for being anti-gay, how does that make me better than them being anti-gay? That is immensely hypocritical.
dagreenfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 dagreenfish
Member since 2010 • 1818 Posts

While I may not necessarily agree with their beliefs, they are a private company and are allowed to believe what they want to believe. Just because the executives of a company don't like gays doesn't mean that the majority of the workers there don't like gays. If I were to criticize them or boycott them for being anti-gay, how does that make me better than them being anti-gay? That is immensely hypocritical.stanleycup98

It's not really hypocritical. I read a few articles awhile back, that the company donated money to christian groups that lobby against gay rights. So in a sense, anyone who eats there has a portion of thier money support anti gay movements. Not wanting your money going to a cause you disagree with isn't hypocritical.

Plus their food is loaded with msg, so I shouldn't be eating it anyways. :P

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 AutoPilotOn
I've never eaten there because they're horribly overpriced for what it is.MichBelle
they are like 5.50 for a combo meal... they are no more than any other fast food combos.
ToastRider11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 ToastRider11
Member since 2010 • 2573 Posts

Well I'm pretty sure the president of the company is Christian. So I guess that answers why they don't like gay people. But I hardly ever eat there. So I don't really care that much.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#92 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

Its a Christian run business. I think its bigoted crap, but its what they believe, and its their business so they can do what they want.

xLFTMx

This. I don't agree with it at all, but I don't think we should force people to be nice to each other.

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 frostybanana

[QUOTE="frostybanana"]

HoolaHoopMan

I've never seen one up here in the Upper Midwest.

I've only seen one or two around my area. But I don't know anyone around here that doesn't know what it is.

EDIT:

Chick-Fil-A has 1500 stores in 40 states. That's not a lot in comparison with KFC which has over 5000 stores in the United States. But their revenue numbers confirm that they are indeed a very successful company and they actually generate more revenue annually than KFC head-to-head over the last few years.

kayoticdreamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 kayoticdreamz
Member since 2010 • 3347 Posts
[QUOTE="mindstorm"]First off, the article is horribly biased. Second, Chick-fil-A is actually a Christian organization. The company's official statement of corporate purpose says that the business exists "to glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us and to have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A." Did you think they close on Sundays for any reason other than their religious faith?

got to go with this
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 rawsavon
Would it not be worse for them to profess their Christian beliefs and remain open on Sunday and not support Christina causes... Then they would just be hypocritical and placing profits above their beliefs
LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 LZ71
Member since 2008 • 10524 Posts
Not shocking in the least. Even though it's popular around here I don't eat there much anyways, so this doesn't really effect me.
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 frostybanana
[QUOTE="rawsavon"]Would it not be worse for them to profess their Christian beliefs and remain open on Sunday and not support Christina causes... Then they would just be hypocritical and placing profits above their beliefs

I agree. And they're doing just fine without being open on Sunday's too.
Nintendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#98 Nintendevil
Member since 2007 • 6598 Posts

I didn't like them to begin with.

htekemerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#99 htekemerald
Member since 2004 • 7325 Posts

Might as well say they don't accept blacks. Bigotry is bigotry.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#100 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
never ate there anyway.