Chick-fil-A Does NOT Like Same Sex Couples.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

Might as well say they don't accept blacks. Bigotry is bigotry.

htekemerald
IMO race is different matter...
htekemerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 htekemerald
Member since 2004 • 7325 Posts

[QUOTE="htekemerald"]

AutoPilotOn

I fail to see how, one doesn't choose to be gay anymore than one chooses to be black.

Communistik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 Communistik
Member since 2010 • 774 Posts

Who gives a ****? They make AWESOME food.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

how do you know its crappy if you never ate there?AutoPilotOn

Because I would've eaten there were it not crappy. Plus it's chicken.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Pffrbt

Who gives a ****?Communistik

People that don't want to support bigots.

Communistik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Communistik

[QUOTE="Communistik"]Who gives a ****?Pffrbt

People that don't want to support bigots.

Why would you assume that believing homosexual relationships are wrong is necessarily bigotry? It's merely your opinion that they are bigots.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

[QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

How so?
I wonder how many christains go there b/c of the company's policies versus business lost from being closed on Sundays.

It might actually be cost effective to remain closed
-counts as 1 day off for every employee = they only get one more day off = hire less people
-they get a shut down day for costs
-they gain business from christians

frostybanana

I simply never visit them because I can't be assed to wait till they open. This may explain why a company like KFC (also started in the south, also started around the same time, also serves chicken) is a massive fast food juggernaut that is a house hold name and most people don't even know what the hell a chik fil a is.

Is the money you're getting from christians somehow offsetting the millions you lose every sunday to the mcdonalds, taco bell, KFC, Jack in the box, In & out, del taco, and Togos located within half a mile of your buisness?

That's funny. Yahoo Finance reports Chick-Fil-A's revenue for 2009 at 3.2 billion.

KFCs 2007 revenue was around 520.3 million.

Nobody knows what Chick-fil-A is? Not so sure about that. That's a big discrepancy in numbers and it looks like they're doing just fine for cash.

Being that Chick-Fil-A only has around 1600 stores (free standing and mall locations) compared to over 11,000 (one source claims over 16,000) stores world wide, Chick-Fil-A is busting KFC's balls. KFC has had problems recently with loss of sales so much that they are closing stores (they closed the one 1 1/2 miles from where I live).

Chick-Fil-A is doing something right as this shows.

Fast Food Chicken Sales

Heck, I like Zaxby's (another southern chicken restaurant mind you) better than KFC.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 WhiteKnight77

[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"]how do you know its crappy if you never ate there?Pffrbt

Because I would've eaten there were it not crappy. Plus it's chicken.

If you have never eaten at a CFA, then you cannot tell if it is crappy or not. Now if you don't like chicken, you might have something, otherwise...

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Pffrbt

Why would you assume that believing homosexual relationships are wrong is necessarily bigotry?It's merely your opinion that they are bigots.Communistik

That was completely pointless and pretentious.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Pffrbt

If you have never eaten at a CFA, then you cannot tell if it is crappy or not.WhiteKnight77

Being that it's fast food chicken, yes I can tell that it's crappy.

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
Who cares? They food is still ******* delicious.
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

[QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

Bad buisness sense?

Pixel-Pirate

How so?
I wonder how many christains go there b/c of the company's policies versus business lost from being closed on Sundays.

It might actually be cost effective to remain closed
-counts as 1 day off for every employee = they only get one more day off = hire less people
-they get a shut down day for costs
-they gain business from christians

I simply never visit them because I can't be assed to wait till they open. This may explain why a company like KFC (also started in the south, also started around the same time, also serves chicken) is a massive fast food juggernaut that is a house hold name and most people don't even know what the hell a chik fil a is.

Is the money you're getting from christians somehow offsetting the millions you lose every sunday to the mcdonalds, taco bell, KFC, Jack in the box, In & out, del taco, and Togos located within half a mile of your buisness?

I have personally heard the President explain his family's view of this a few years back (it's a family run business passing down from one generation to the next). Essentially, even if they loose money from closing on Sundays they refuse to compromise their values. Taking Sundays off is not simply a business strategy to make more money.

Because of the circles I run in we are often dealing with Chick-fil-A. Both my Baptist university and seminary have done extensive partnerships with Chick-fil-A both locally and corporately.

ImaPirate0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#113 ImaPirate0202
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

First off, the article is horribly biased. Second, Chick-fil-A is actually a Christian organization. The company's official statement of corporate purpose says that the business exists "to glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us and to have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A." Did you think they close on Sundays for any reason other than their religious faith?mindstorm

This^ to all the people who know nothing about Chick-fil-A

Communistik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Communistik

[QUOTE="Communistik"]Why would you assume that believing homosexual relationships are wrong is necessarily bigotry?It's merely your opinion that they are bigots.Pffrbt

I'll take that as an admission that I'm right.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 AutoPilotOn

[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"]If you have never eaten at a CFA, then you cannot tell if it is crappy or not.Pffrbt

believe me if you like chicken you will let it. If not then you wont of course. Its better than just fast food.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 AutoPilotOn
[QUOTE="htekemerald"]

[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"][QUOTE="htekemerald"]

I fail to see how, one doesn't choose to be gay anymore than one chooses to be black.

I fail to see how race and sexual orientation are the same. There is nothing with morals to do with race but with sexual orientation you can have difference of opinion if its moral or not. Even if a person doesnt choose to be gay or whatever.
Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Pffrbt

[QUOTE="Pffrbt"]

[QUOTE="Communistik"]Why would you assume that believing homosexual relationships are wrong is necessarily bigotry?It's merely your opinion that they are bigots.Communistik

You didn't actually make a point to be right about. You just stated that my opinion was an opinion, a no brainer that adds nothing to the discussion; and a purposefully vague and pointless hypothetical.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Pffrbt

I fail to see how race and sexual orientation are the same.

Because as he just said, neither is a choice.

There is nothing with morals to do with race but with sexual orientation you can have difference of opinion if its moral or not. Even if a person doesnt choose to be gay or whatever.AutoPilotOn

That didn't even make sense.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts

[QUOTE="htekemerald"]

[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"] IMO race is different matter... AutoPilotOn

I fail to see how race and sexual orientation are the same. There is nothing with morals to do with race but with sexual orientation you can have difference of opinion if its moral or not. Even if a person doesnt choose to be gay or whatever.

Some people still think that non-whites are sub-human or cursed somehow by the Devil. How is that not a moral issue? There's no difference between race and sexuality. You can't choose either one, and to discriminate against either one (for "morals" or other reasons) is stupid and bigoted.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 AutoPilotOn
[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"][QUOTE="htekemerald"]

Some people still think that non-whites are sub-human or cursed somehow by the Devil. How is that not a moral issue? There's no difference between race and sexuality. You can't choose either one, and to discriminate against either one (for "morals" or other reasons) is stupid and bigoted.

I dont think that race what a moral issue. More of a we are superior to you issue.
AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 AHUGECAT
Member since 2006 • 8967 Posts

At least one company is taking a stand!

Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts

At least one company is taking a stand!

AHUGECAT
Yes, praise Jeebus
whiplash26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 whiplash26
Member since 2009 • 113 Posts

What are you talking about I have seen plenty of gay people working at Chick-Fil-A, Although I dont think they have told their families yet.....

Communistik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Communistik

[QUOTE="Communistik"]

[QUOTE="Pffrbt"]

Pffrbt

You didn't actually make a point to be right about. You just stated that my opinion was an opinion, a no brainer that adds nothing to the discussion; and a purposefully vague and pointless hypothetical.

Of course I made a point. You said unequivocally that they are bigots. You don't possess the moral authority to make a staement like that.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

I don't see anything wrong with it, it's their choice.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Pffrbt

Of course I made a point.You said unequivocally that they are bigots. You don't possess the moral authority to make a staement like that.

Communistik

Of course I do, stop being pretentious. They fit the definition of a bigot, they're bigots.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50714 Posts

So? It's their opinion, big whoop.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"] I fail to see how race and sexual orientation are the same. There is nothing with morals to do with race but with sexual orientation you can have difference of opinion if its moral or not. Even if a person doesnt choose to be gay or whatever.AutoPilotOn

I dont think that race what a moral issue. More of a we are superior to you issue.

The concept of "superior" is a moral issue. :|

Communistik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Communistik

[QUOTE="Communistik"]Of course I made a point.You said unequivocally that they are bigots. You don't possess the moral authority to make a staement like that.

Pffrbt

Of course I do, stop being pretentious. They fit the definition of a bigot, they're bigots.

A bigot is someone is who is completely intolerant. Taking a political, social, or moral stance is not necessarily intolerance and does not make you a bigot. They do not fit the definition of bigot. You, however, do fit the definition of a bigot by refusing to tolerate an opposing view on same sex marriage.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

[QUOTE="Pffrbt"]

[QUOTE="Communistik"]Of course I made a point.You said unequivocally that they are bigots. You don't possess the moral authority to make a staement like that.

Communistik

A bigot is someone is who is completely intolerant. Taking a political, social, or moral stance is not necessarily intolerance and does not make you a bigot. They do not fit the definition of bigot. You, however, do fit the definition of a bigot by refusing to tolerate an opposing view on same sex marriage.

So am I a bigot for thinking Klan members are disgusting human beings then? I'm certainly not keen on their views.

ImaPirate0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 ImaPirate0202
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

[QUOTE="Communistik"]

[QUOTE="Pffrbt"]

HoolaHoopMan

So am I a bigot for thinking Klan members are disgusting human beings then? I'm certainly not keen on their views.

But society doesn't like Klan members, so that's ok.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Espada12

HoolaHoopMan

Although his last point is pretty silly, you are proving his point here. Are these people bigots for opposing homosexuality because it doesn't fall in line with their views?

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#133 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

So? It's their opinion, big whoop.

Chutebox

Would you feel the same if Mcdonalds dpnated to the KKK and stated they do not like or support black people?

F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts
Couldn't care less. I'm eating their chicken not their political views.
HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 HoolaHoopMan

[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"]

Espada12

Although his last point is pretty silly, you are proving his point here. Are these people bigots for opposing homosexuality because it doesn't fall in line with their views?

I'd say they're bigots for discriminating against a group of people based on an immutable trait. That's probably the biggest part.

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Pixel-Pirate

[QUOTE="Pffrbt"]

Communistik

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

In terms of society, what they are doing is bigoted.

Archie bunker was portrayed as a stereotypical bigot on the show "All in the family". However, Archie would let blacks, jews, etc in his house. He simply held bigoted views toward them.

Avatar image for Fuhgeddabouditt
Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Fuhgeddabouditt
Member since 2010 • 5468 Posts

What are you talking about I have seen plenty of gay people working at Chick-Fil-A, Although I dont think they have told their families yet.....

whiplash26
:lol: nice avatar.
HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 HoolaHoopMan

[QUOTE="Communistik"]

[QUOTE="Pffrbt"]

Pixel-Pirate

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

In terms of society, what they are doing is bigoted.

Archie bunker was portrayed as a stereotypical bigot on the show "All in the family". However, Archie would let blacks, jews, etc in his house. He simply held bigoted views toward them.

I'm sorry but I had to.

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Suzy_Q_Kazoo
Member since 2010 • 9899 Posts

I haven't even had Chick-fil-A in over a year. Regardless, I'd still continue to eat their food.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Espada12

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"]

HoolaHoopMan

I'd say they're bigots for discriminating against a group of people based on an immutable trait. That's probably the biggest part.

Bigotry is basically intolerance. If you can't tolerate KKK it's not difference than them not tolerating homosexuality.

SickBoy724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 SickBoy724
Member since 2009 • 364 Posts

Well... they are pretty much the only fast food place that doesnt open on Sundays, and it was started by a devout Christian. What's dumb is they allowed their opinion to be public.

I have nothing against gays, but I do love Chick-Fil-A chicken.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 HoolaHoopMan

Bigotry is basically intolerance. If you can't tolerate KKK it's not difference that them not tolerating homosexuality.

Espada12

Then I'm a bigot towards them. However I would like to point out that being intolerant of certain beliefs is a bit difference than being intolerant of a group for traits that are not under their control.

I believe the KKK are disgusting people because of their beliefs, not an immutable trait. Secondly merely disagreeing with someone in the area of beliefs is a bit different than actively trying to restrict rights to a certain demographic. The KKK can spout their hate and I have no intention of stopping them from doing so, however on the other hand Chick-fil-A donates to anti-gay groups which lobby certain parts of the US government.

A bit different if you ask me.

Edit: I should clarify that I do tolerate them. I tolerate their presence in this country, I just happen to think they're disgusting human beings.

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Pixel-Pirate

Well... they are pretty much the only fast food place that doesnt open on Sundays, and it was started by a devout Christian. What's dumb is they allowed their opinion to be public.

SickBoy724

I never even heard of them before a year ago. They seem to be a fairly minor chain. They're no Mcdonalds or KFC.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

First off, the article is horribly biased. Second, Chick-fil-A is actually a Christian organization. The company's official statement of corporate purpose says that the business exists "to glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us and to have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A." Did you think they close on Sundays for any reason other than their religious faith?mindstorm

Oooooh. I see now.

They discriminate in Christ's name, so it's OK.

:roll:

whiplash26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 whiplash26

[QUOTE="SickBoy724"]

Pixel-Pirate

I never even heard of them before a year ago. They seem to be a fairly minor chain. They're no Mcdonalds or KFC.

They are prominent in the bible belt, and originated around atlanta georgia, I dont agree with their religious beliefs but I swear their chicken has crack in it. It very addictive, and I am not usually one for chicken.

whiplash26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 whiplash26

They also have excellent service in my area! Like no **** you order your meal and two seconds later they are waiting on you to come get it.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

provided they do not take money/handouts from the government, they can say whatever they wish.

That is one of the virtues/sacrifices we have to accept here in America; people can live generally how they wish, but we have to put up with it.

mrbojangles25

That proviso doesn't apply to the BSA (Boy Scouts of America), of course.

They get preferential access to federal, tax-payer supported facilities (e.g. free, exclusive use of Fort A. P. Hill, VA for their annual jamboree).

But they ALSO get the backing of the Supreme Court when they discriminate against gays and atheists.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#148 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

So, why don't they only serve Christians?

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 WhiteKnight77

[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"]If you have never eaten at a CFA, then you cannot tell if it is crappy or not.Pffrbt

You would be wrong. If you think tender chicken is crappy, then you have some seriously messed up taste buds.

DreamnDayUnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 DreamnDayUnite
Member since 2011 • 428 Posts
[QUOTE="mindstorm"]First off, the article is horribly biased. Second, Chick-fil-A is actually a Christian organization. The company's official statement of corporate purpose says that the business exists "to glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us and to have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A." Did you think they close on Sundays for any reason other than their religious faith?

Great answer. I have never heard of Chic-fil-a myself, but in the end, its their decision how to run their business.