Bullied teen leaves chilling video

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/12/world/americas/canada-teen-bullying/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

It's a shame that this stuff still happens. Wonder why people always feel the need to bully others?

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

To me the bigger question is why can't this generation of kids handle being bullied? Bullying sucks any way you slice it but it's always been around. I think most everyone has been bullied in one point in their childhood and we all dealt with it. For some reason this new generation of kids can't be called a name without going suicidal.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17860 Posts

To me the bigger question is why can't this generation of kids handle being bullied? Bullying sucks any way you slice it but it's always been around. I think most everyone has been bullied in one point in their childhood and we all dealt with it. For some reason this new generation of kids can't be called a name without going suicidal.

Pirate700

Because used to you could go home and get away from it, or have a group of friends that never interacted with the people you went to school with. Now days everyone is connected all the time, so that $hit just won't stop.

I was bullied quite a bit in elementary school. It didn't stop until I started punching people in the face. Yeah, I got punched back, but that $hit let up when people realized I wasn't afraid to get punched if that means punching whoever is pissing me off.

Kinda went overboard in high school, though. I wouldn't seek out fights, but if I didn't like you and you pissed me off, I'd have to be pulled off you because I didn't know what 'quit' meant.

Lots of trouble.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
First world problem. Never hear kids in Nigeria killing themselves because of bullying.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

br0kenrabbit

Because used to you could go home and get away from it, or have a group of friends that never interacted with the people you went to school with. Now days everyone is connected all the time, so that $hit just won't stop.

I was bullied quite a bit in elementary school. It didn't stop until I started punching people in the face. Yeah, I got punched back, but that $hit let up when people realized I wasn't afraid to get punched if that means punching whoever is pissing me off.

Kinda went overboard in high school, though. I wouldn't seek out fights, but if I didn't like you and you pissed me off, I'd have to be pulled off you because I didn't know what 'quit' meant.

Lots of trouble.

Right but it seems to be a growing trend with this new generation where they just can't deal with basic life issues anymore. It's not just bullying. It's a much larger issue.

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts

It is a shame indeed that it still happens, I have a little sister that goes to middle school and I keep hearing that in her school the teachers are showing students more videos on why bullying is wrong and why it should be stopped. Not sure if it's going to reduce the amount of bullying though.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

Pirate700
Did you bully people, Pirate?
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Pirate700

Lots of trouble.

Right but it seems to be a growing trend with this new generation where they just can't deal with basic life issues anymore. It's not just bullying. It's a much larger issue.

Liberal coddling
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts

Pirate700
Did you read the whole story? About the Facebook stalker and how quickly her photos spread? Besides, how often do you hear of girls who got bullied fighting back? Not the easiest thing in the world. On topic, I've read the story earlier today while busing to work and it put a severe damper on my morning just thinking of the kind of animals that are somehow still considered to be humans allowed to exist in this world...my sympathy to her family.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

sammyjenkis898

Did you bully people, Pirate?

No. I was never a bully.

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

Some of her examples of being victimized were nothing more than direct consequences of her own actions.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 br0kenrabbit

Pirate700

On that, I have to say I think it's because we expect kids to be 'professional students' instead of kids who happen to go to school.

My nephews are in middle school, and during they week they have no free time because of homework. Seriously, they've lucky to get enough time to eat, shower and clean up after themselves a bit. It's ridiculous.

Let kids be kids so they learn the other $hit they need to learn. I have nothing against 45-minutes to an hour of homework each night, but when you have that much homework for each class, every night, it's a problem.

Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

Pirate700

Pretty much this. Embarrassing things happen, I remember at a tournament the bathroom lock was broken and my teammates busted in with a video camera. They brought it to school to show everyone, was it pretty embarrassing? Yeah but I thought it was funny and just laughed about it and it was literally forgotten within the week. I feel like people now just like to be dramatic.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]Right but it seems to be a growing trend with this new generation where they just can't deal with basic life issues anymore. It's not just bullying. It's a much larger issue.

br0kenrabbit

On that, I have to say I think it's because we expect kids to be 'professional students' instead of kids who happen to go to school.

My nephews are in middle school, and during they week they have no free time because of homework. Seriously, they've lucky to get enough time to eat, shower and clean up after themselves a bit. It's ridiculous.

Let kids be kids so they learn the other $hit they need to learn. I have nothing against 45-minutes to an hour of homework each night, but when you have that much homework for each class, every night, it's a problem.

Don't even get me started on homework. I've spoken up on getting rid of it completely for years now.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts

Pirate700

I'll have to agree with you slightly on this, whenever I'm picked on(Extremely rarely, i just suck it up and ignore it.) I usually hang out with a strong solid group of people all the time(Band) and my other friends too. Very rarely do am I ever forced to be with the rest of the lazy kids or dumb kids, and when I am I try NOT to stick out or instigate myself in a way that would provoke bullying.

Some kids are just a magnet for bullies though, and it depends on the school.A lot of kids get picked on for looks, clothes, not fitting in, etc. Some kids don't have a ton of friends they can get backed up by like I do. I probably have at least 20 GOOD friends who would stick up for me and a whole group of people too. It's the kids that just can't fit in with a group or make some good friends that get bullied, and they really have no where to go when they are.

Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jolt_counter119

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]Right but it seems to be a growing trend with this new generation where they just can't deal with basic life issues anymore. It's not just bullying. It's a much larger issue.

br0kenrabbit

lol what kind of school does your nephews go to? I don't think I spent an hour a week doing work in middle school and seeing all the kids walking around today and the fact that the U.S. has some of the dumbest kids in the devolped world I don't think kids spending too much time studying is the problem.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 br0kenrabbit

Don't even get me started on homework. I've spoken up on getting rid of it completely for years now.

Pirate700

You...

...wait...

we...agree?

I have no idea what to do now.

:|

Hunh.

Well, this has never happened before.

/me twiddles thumbs.

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

Pirate700
I agree with you to a point. But I think someone being blackmailed with nude photographs is a little beyond playground bullying. Plenty of adults commit suicide over lesser situations, so it's no suprise that a child going through a time when emotions are so tender would be pushed to the limit.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 br0kenrabbit

lol what kind of school does your nephews go to? I don't think I spent an hour a week doing work in middle school and seeing all the kids walking around today and the fact that the U.S. has some of the dumbest kids in the devolped world I don't think kids spending too much time studying is the problem.

Jolt_counter119

Just the local public middle school. They tell me their teachers spend most of the class going through the book and they take their paper work home to do. This all started when they swtiched from being a Junior High to a Middle School and started 'teaching to test'.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]Don't even get me started on homework. I've spoken up on getting rid of it completely for years now.

br0kenrabbit

You...

...wait...

we...agree?

I have no idea what to do now.

:|

Hunh.

Well, this has never happened before.

/me twiddles thumbs.

I think we've agreed more than this but, yeah, to me home-time should be just that.

Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts

I just saw the full video. Some pretty unfortunate stuff.

People who feel the need to bully others like that are just scum.

Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jolt_counter119

[QUOTE="Jolt_counter119"]

br0kenrabbit

Just the local public middle school. They tell me their teachers spend most of the class going through the book and they take their paper work home to do. This all started when they swtiched from being a Junior High to a Middle School and started 'teaching to test'.

Standardized tests are the fvcking worst. I guess things have gotten worse.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Wonder why people always feel the need to bully others?sonicare
Covering for their own inadequacies.
lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts

Pirate700
I totally agree. It's the pussification of America I tell ya. These kids nowadays are a bunch of sissies.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
To those saying that kids can't handle bullying nowadays probably never got bullied for real. An isolated prank or normal name calling is not bullying. Bullying is constant harassment. Nowadays bullying can get out of hand more easily because social networks and the internet allow information to spread more quickly and to be difficult to eliminate. Unless you're in a similar situation you can't say how much it would affect you so at least show some understanding and compassion. We should be blaming the perpetrators not the victims.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]First world problem. Never hear kids in Nigeria killing themselves because of bullying. Aljosa23

Are you retarded?

You shouldn't ridicule my learning disability; I don't make fun of you for your race, something you can't control.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

lo_Pine

I totally agree. It's the pussification of America I tell ya. These kids nowadays are a bunch of sissies.

Worded a bit harshly, but I agree to an extend. I really am concerned about this new generation of kids. It's not just their sensitivity either. They (not all but a lot) can't even seem to be able to figure out anything or do anything themselves anymore. The new generation is a bunch of overly sensitive dependants and it's very troubling.

C2N2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 C2N2
Member since 2012 • 759 Posts

I wouldn't really call this bullying... The girl showed her **** on the internet, some random guy sent them to everyone she knew when he blackmailed her into sending more explicit photos which she refused to do... He ruined her life...

Granted she put the pics online in the first place, so whatever.

Stop complaining about people not being able to handle bullying though... I am in a wheelchair and have been bullied/made fun of my entire life... I have been ostracized from my peers as long as I can remember and just hate people in general these days, I don't like to talk to people, I don't like to participate in things, I just hate people... Humans are social, they want to be included, so when they are cast out by their peers, they break down... The only reason I haven't is because it has happened to me so long that it is all I know and thus I never had any other "good" experience with people to contrast this treatment...

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts

Pirate700
Thats not how it works anymore. You cant just beat someone up without there being consequences.
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
To me the bigger question is why can't this generation of kids handle being bullied? Bullying sucks any way you slice it but it's always been around. I think most everyone has been bullied in one point in their childhood and we all dealt with it. For some reason this new generation of kids can't be called a name without going suicidal.Pirate700
Were you bullied? I don't think anyone who has been would say something like this. I "handled" it by shrugging it off and developing social anxiety complexes, self-image hangups and interpersonal communication issues. Which most of which still hinder me moving into my 26th year of life. Probably should consider seeking professional help... but I don't like talking about my problems. Perhaps I should start taking "baby steps". (kudos to whom gets the reference).
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kuraimen

I wouldn't really call this bullying... The girl showed her **** on the internet, some random guy sent them to everyone she knew when he blackmailed her into sending more explicit photos which she refused to do... He ruined her life...

Stop complaining about people not being able to handle bullying though... I am in a wheelchair and have been bullied/made fun of my entire life... I have been ostracized from my peers as long as I can remember and just hate people in general these days, I don't like to talk to people, I don't like to participate in things, I just hate people... Humans are social, they want to be included, so when they are cast out by their peers, they break down... The only reason I haven't is because it has happened to me so long that it is all I know and thus I never had any other "good" experience with people to contrast this treatment...

C2N2
Exactly. Depression is also caused by chemical reactions in the brain. Hard to know how can people handle a chemical reaction that constantly makes them feel like crap and worthless. People should inform themselves a little before passing judgment.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Capitan_Kid

Thats not how it works anymore. You cant just beat someone up without there being consequences.

You don't have to beat someone up to do something.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]To me the bigger question is why can't this generation of kids handle being bullied? Bullying sucks any way you slice it but it's always been around. I think most everyone has been bullied in one point in their childhood and we all dealt with it. For some reason this new generation of kids can't be called a name without going suicidal.Zeviander
Were you bullied? I don't think anyone who has been would say something like this. I "handled" it by shrugging it off and developing social anxiety complexes, self-image hangups and interpersonal communication issues. Which most of which still hinder me moving into my 26th year of life. Probably should consider seeking professional help... but I don't like talking about my problems. Perhaps I should start taking "baby steps". (kudos to whom gets the reference).

Was I ever bullied? I'm the little brother...what do you think?

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts
So basically a teenage girl chose to do a bunch of really stupid self-destructive stuff, and now she's blaming everyone but herself.
Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

God, that was gut-wrenching. It's not fair that people have to suffer through these ordeals.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kuraimen

[QUOTE="Zeviander"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]To me the bigger question is why can't this generation of kids handle being bullied? Bullying sucks any way you slice it but it's always been around. I think most everyone has been bullied in one point in their childhood and we all dealt with it. For some reason this new generation of kids can't be called a name without going suicidal.Pirate700

Being a little brother is not bullying. Again people are confusing normal pranks and name calling with bullying. When you have people all the time you how much you suck and you're worthless and how you should kill yourself then things are not so bright.
SteverXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SteverXIII
Member since 2010 • 3795 Posts
lik dis if u cry everytim :'(
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Oleg_Huzwog

To those saying that kids can't handle bullying nowadays probably never got bullied for real. An isolated prank or normal name calling is not bullying. Bullying is constant harassment. Nowadays bullying can get out of hand more easily because social networks and the internet allow information to spread more quickly and to be difficult to eliminate. Unless you're in a similar situation you can't say how much it would affect you so at least show some understanding and compassion. We should be blaming the perpetrators not the victims.kuraimen

What if the victim has a habit of creating the situations she keeps finding herself in? She can't be totally blameless, can she?

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Fightingfan
So basically a teenage girl chose to do a bunch of really stupid self-destructive stuff, and now she's blaming everyone but herself.Laihendi
Jessie Slaughter?
brandojones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 brandojones
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

[QUOTE="C2N2"]

kuraimen

Exactly. Depression is also caused by chemical reactions in the brain. Hard to know how can people handle a chemical reaction that constantly makes them feel like crap and worthless. People should inform themselves a little before passing judgment.

Agreed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

ITT: Victim blaming.VanHelsingBoA64
lol pretty much.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="Zeviander"] Were you bullied? I don't think anyone who has been would say something like this. I "handled" it by shrugging it off and developing social anxiety complexes, self-image hangups and interpersonal communication issues. Which most of which still hinder me moving into my 26th year of life. Probably should consider seeking professional help... but I don't like talking about my problems. Perhaps I should start taking "baby steps". (kudos to whom gets the reference).kuraimen

Being a little brother is not bullying. Again people are confusing normal pranks and name calling with bullying. When you have people all the time you how much you suck and you're worthless and how you should kill yourself then things are not so bright.

If someone is telling you that you suck and it bothers you that much, the issue is with you, not the person saying it. Just get over it, and don't care what someone says to you. If you can't do that, then tell someone. This is exactly what I'm talking about with not only kids being overly sensative today, but also not knowing how to deal with ANYTHING.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 br0kenrabbit

Perhaps I should start taking "baby steps". (kudos to whom gets the reference).Zeviander

Oh, oh...I know...umm...What About Bob?

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts

[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Pirate700

You don't have to beat someone up to do something.

So what do you suggest to stop the bullying problem? There arent that many choices to consider when one is being bullied. "Suck it up"/"Shrug it off" doesnt accomplish anything. Fighting gets you in trouble. Telling the proper authority (which is probably the best thing) isnt easy to do if its embarassing or it makes you seem like a coward.
TheFatPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TheFatPerson
Member since 2011 • 1806 Posts

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]Was I ever bullied? I'm the little brother...what do you think?

Pirate700

If someone is telling you that you suck and it bothers you that much, the issue is with you, not the person saying it. Just get over it, and don't care what someone says to you. If you can't do that, then tell someone. This is exactly what I'm talking about with not only kids being overly sensative today, but also not knowing how to deal with ANYTHING.

What if you have nobody out there that supports you? Nobody that is willing to stick up for you? No matter what you try to do, you reach a dead end and there is absolutely no solution to your problems? Everybody viewed you as a piece of sh!t, regardless of what they do to you personally? Sooner or later, it gets to you.

Humans, by nature, are social creatures. Are certain people not entitled to the same feelings of closeness, intimacy and admiration that other people experience?

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]To those saying that kids can't handle bullying nowadays probably never got bullied for real. An isolated prank or normal name calling is not bullying. Bullying is constant harassment. Nowadays bullying can get out of hand more easily because social networks and the internet allow information to spread more quickly and to be difficult to eliminate. Unless you're in a similar situation you can't say how much it would affect you so at least show some understanding and compassion. We should be blaming the perpetrators not the victims.Oleg_Huzwog

What if the victim has a habit of creating the situations she keeps finding herself in? She can't be totally blameless, can she?

Well maybe not but that doesn't justify people from doing that to a person to the point of bringing them to kill themselves. Between both actions one is much much worse than the other.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 br0kenrabbit

Pirate700

My bullying took the form of being cornered in the bathroom by three people, or being held down with a hand over my mouth in the back of the bus while I got punched.

Not much getting over that, you just gotta punch right the fvck back.

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Oleg_Huzwog

Perhaps I should start taking "baby steps". (kudos to whom gets the reference).Zeviander

Bob: What are we doing?

Dr. Marvin: Death Therapy, Bob. It's a guaranteed cure.

Bob: Wow!