This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#151 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I think that's between a parent and their child. Abuse is wrong, but I wouldn't put spanking in that category.

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

yeah, because with the state of today's youth, we totally need to stop being so hard on them >_>

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts

Just remember, your kids are going to be the ones looking after you when you get old. You wouldn't want them to put you in a terrible retirement home would you? :P

redstorm72
Yeah but that's the thing. A child who I raise to be respectful, courteous, and helpful, and who understands consequences will no doubt treat me better later in life than a child who I allow to go through their young life without any sort of responsibility or consequence for their actions and who thinks the world revolves around them and what they want. There are some children who just don't need disciplining at all, and they are the ones that can be on a slacker rope at a young age. Children who throw tantrums will become adults who throw tantrums unless the behavior is stopped in its' tracks, and I'd rather be elderly and dying in a tin shack than be taken care of by an adult child who still believes it's their way or the highway.
redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#154 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts

[QUOTE="redstorm72"]

Just remember, your kids are going to be the ones looking after you when you get old. You wouldn't want them to put you in a terrible retirement home would you? :P

XilePrincess

Yeah but that's the thing. A child who I raise to be respectful, courteous, and helpful, and who understands consequences will no doubt treat me better later in life than a child who I allow to go through their young life without any sort of responsibility or consequence for their actions and who thinks the world revolves around them and what they want. There are some children who just don't need disciplining at all, and they are the ones that can be on a slacker rope at a young age. Children who throw tantrums will become adults who throw tantrums unless the behavior is stopped in its' tracks, and I'd rather be elderly and dying in a tin shack than be taken care of by an adult child who still believes it's their way or the highway.

Either that or they'll resent you for constantly using fear and intimidation rather than respect. I've seen it happen quite frequently actually. Why should they respect you when you don't respect them? Not saying that is how it will turn out, but some kids do grow up to see it that way.

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

First of all nobody is going to listen to anyone that tries to tell them how they should raise their kids.

And lol @ people saying spanking is abusive.

You should step outside and observe what the world is like today with kids that swear that they run the world since they run their parents.

My neighbor used to be just like this, his dad would call him to eat dinner and he would curse at him and say "I'm not **** hungry". I was so disgusted I actually told him you shouldnt talk to your dad like that come on man. (single dad an all)

I have great respect for my dad today, though I feared him when I was younger. I do believe a few spanks sent me on the right path.

Its parents like you that I always see with kids that are embarassing them in public, but I'm sure the timeouts will encourage him to respect you.

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Jagged3dge

[QUOTE="XilePrincess"][QUOTE="redstorm72"]

redstorm72

Either that or they'll resent you for constantly using fear and intimidation rather than respect. I've seen it happen quite frequently actually. Why should they respect you when you don't respect them? Not saying that is how it will turn out, but some kids do grow up to see it that way.

Couldn't I turn it around and say that the kids won't respect you. Its like a raising a dog, they have to know who is in charge or they'll take over. Its all about proper parenting and using both methods effectively and when needed.

No duhh your going to see kids that grow up and hate their parents, and you'll see kids that respect their parents to the fullest.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#157 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

Using violence is never the answer. I don't think they're going far enough banning spanking. For example, police shouldn't be allowed to use violence. You should just reason with criminals. And obviously the military should be eliminated.

DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#158 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

I don't have to look any further than my older brother to get reminded of why we should spank children and he is 21 years old soon

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Jagged3dge

I don't have to look any further than my older brother to get reminded of why we should spank children and he is 21 years old soon

DoomZaW

Older brother??

I'd think you'd say younger brother...

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#160 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

[QUOTE="chrisrooR"] So you're essentially reinforcing your own behavior (hitting your child). The more you hit your child, the more you begin to believe that it works to stop behavior that isn't wanted. What you're actually doing to the child is much different. The child cannot possibly begin to understand WHY what they're doing is wrong, so why would you hit them when they can't understand why you're hitting them. So instead of developing a relationship with your child, you're making he/she fearful of you as a parent. The child won't do an action, not because it's wrong, but because the child is fearful of being hit/punished, which is the wrong way to approach the situation. It's a bad parenting move.chrisrooR

They understand pain and associate it with certain behaviors they do especially by the time they reach 3 or 4. If they can't understand why and reacts out of fearfulness, that's fine. They'll eventually learn why. The only way your argument would hold is if you use spanking for every little wrong a kid does. It doesn't work that way. Spanking is done only in certain circumstances.

You're also teaching your child to approach situations that aren't desirable with violence. There is NO reason to hit your child, you can't justify it. Spanking, in your household, may be done only in certain circumstances but what you need to realize is that YOU as a PARENT are INTRODUCING violence to your child through a firsthand experience of it. There are certainly alternative ways to deal with situations you find yourself wanting to spank your child in. Spanking a child is a cop-out parenting move.

You know what? If it's a cop out then it's a cop out. It doesn't matter to me. I'll do my parenting my way. You can do your parenting your way. Once my other kid is at an understanding age, she'll understand why I did what I did (if she even retains any memory of it). The elder kid certainly didn't even remember the spanking she received. But she trusts my judgement far more than her mom's even though I'm the stricter one by far.

The parenting methods of my kin are similar to mine. There has yet to be a failure among us and our kids. No slackers, no gangbangers, no druggies, no outcasts even though according to you, they should've been violent because of some spanking they received in the far distant past. We set them on the right path and they've come through every time. My elder kid is well on her way too barring any bad outside influence. She's old and responsible enough to the point I don't have to deal with her too much unless she asks for help or demands attention.

As for my elder kid being spanked when she was a toddler for trying to get electrocuted, show me exactly how you would've dealt with it.

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts

redstorm72
It doesn't have to be constant, and it probably won't be. But I mean, any kind of discipline includes fear and intimidation. Even saying "No TV/dessert/toys for you if you don't ______" is intimidation and causing fear. I will certainly respect my children, but I will not let them walk all over me. I'm not going to give respect to a child throwing a tantrum in walmart or punching my legs because I won't give them candy while I'm trying to prepare a meal for them.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Palantas

You're also teaching your child to approach situations that aren't desirable with violence. There is NO reason to hit your child, you can't justify it. Spanking, in your household, may be done only in certain circumstances but what you need to realize is that YOU as a PARENT are INTRODUCING violence to your child through a firsthand experience of it. There are certainly alternative ways to deal with situations you find yourself wanting to spank your child in. Spanking a child is a cop-out parenting move.

jun_aka_pekto

Violence is the basis for governmental authority. That's just the way the world works. On a personal level, there are undesirable situations that need to be met with violence. Complaining about violence is a cop-out debating move.

coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#163 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts

No. It's called disciplining your child. Simple as that.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#164 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
A lot more spoiled kids. The first time they feel pain is in 5th grade. "What is this feeling?!"
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
Definitely shouldn't be banned. But personally, I prefer psychological torture. I'll probably strap my kids down and drip water on em. :P
NoobisMaxcimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 NoobisMaxcimus
Member since 2007 • 2893 Posts
I have a memory of being slapped only once. i turned out great!
GrabTheYayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 GrabTheYayo
Member since 2010 • 1315 Posts

ya my parents are soft. my little bro doesnt fear them at all. but he sure as hell fears me. someones got to wear the pants in the family. no disrespect to my dad but man hes so soft on the kid...

beating a child is good.

-Big_Red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 -Big_Red-
Member since 2006 • 7230 Posts

[QUOTE="-Big_Red-"]Who the f*** is that? Baby Nosferatu?redstorm72

This photo should clear things up

batb

Yeah I know, Baby Nosferatu :P.
-Big_Red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 -Big_Red-
[QUOTE="Colin1192"]

[QUOTE="-Big_Red-"][QUOTE="redstorm72"]

You know, Ive seen some kids who were spanked that turned out pretty bad. You disciplinary method as a child does not define who you are as an adult.

True. But some children NEED to be spanked.

and what kind of children would that be?

Off topic- sucks your blog got shut down there lad

A very naughty child:P. I know:(:cry:, I'm thinking about editing, and reposting it.
Colin1192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Colin1192
Member since 2008 • 6221 Posts

[QUOTE="Colin1192"]

[QUOTE="-Big_Red-"] True. But some children NEED to be spanked.-Big_Red-

A very naughty child:P.

And that's where you come in ;)

-Big_Red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 -Big_Red-
[QUOTE="Colin1192"]

[QUOTE="-Big_Red-"][QUOTE="Colin1192"]

A very naughty child:P.

And that's where you come in ;)

I know. >_>
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#172 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts
my wife wouldn't like that.....
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

my wife wouldn't like that.....Omni-Slash

Giggity giggity, awwwright.

MrsSolidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 MrsSolidSnake
Member since 2009 • 5003 Posts

If other parents want to, then be my guest but when I have children the worst they would get is a slap on the hand if they did something naughty when they were little.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts
[QUOTE="XilePrincess"]There's a difference between spanking and abuse. If people can't tell where to draw the line, they're probably in the abusive group. Nobody will tell me how to and not to discipline my child. I know what is acceptable force on a child and what isn't, and my government will not tell me otherwise. Kids need a good smack in the ass from time to time, and if I have to do it in public, boo hoo for the new-age parents who think talking fixes everything, because you cannot (and should not) waste your time speaking calmly to a screaming brat. I will NOT obey any law that says I cannot discipline my child as I please, because if I did, I'd only be able to spank my kid at home in private, and kids are not stupid, they'll pick up on the fact that you won't smack them in public and just be nastier little beasts. Like I said in a thread yesterday about this, children are below you. You are their superiors. They bargain with you, you do not reason or bargain with or bribe them.

GS needs a like button.
martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 martinX3X
Member since 2009 • 4488 Posts

Kid's are so greedy and spoiled these days. Spanking doesn't even hurt unless your a fat ass. My dad would take off his belt and give me a hard whipping on the back if I did something bad. Sure I hated it, but it taught me well.

acsam12304

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#177 acsam12304
Member since 2005 • 3387 Posts

[QUOTE="XilePrincess"]There's a difference between spanking and abuse. If people can't tell where to draw the line, they're probably in the abusive group. Nobody will tell me how to and not to discipline my child. I know what is acceptable force on a child and what isn't, and my government will not tell me otherwise. Kids need a good smack in the ass from time to time, and if I have to do it in public, boo hoo for the new-age parents who think talking fixes everything, because you cannot (and should not) waste your time speaking calmly to a screaming brat. I will NOT obey any law that says I cannot discipline my child as I please, because if I did, I'd only be able to spank my kid at home in private, and kids are not stupid, they'll pick up on the fact that you won't smack them in public and just be nastier little beasts. Like I said in a thread yesterday about this, children are below you. You are their superiors. They bargain with you, you do not reason or bargain with or bribe them. Shottayouth13-
GS needs a like button.

OMFG GS does need a like button

Like x1000

said very well.

arad96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#178 arad96
Member since 2009 • 7783 Posts

At first I thought this was about our new policy of publicly spanking users before we ban them, and I was wondering how the news leaked out. S***! I've said too much.rragnaar

It's because we saw them since they were public like you said. :P

On subject, a good ol' spanking is sometimes the only way to make a child understand.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

As George Carlin put it years ago, all this psycho babble BS has caused a generation of kids who are soft. I see it everywhere I go. I walk up to the grocery store and I see kids riding their skateboard on property clearly marked that no skateboarding allowed and even after the police confiscated their skateboards, they are back after their parents had to go down and pick the boards up. I can't say for sure, but the kids sure lacked some sort of discipline early in life. I see kids at department stores tossing temper tantrums due to the kids always getting their way (I see parents give in when this happens 9 times out of 10) more often then not.

I got my share of spankings when I was a kid and I also remember a time when I had a mouthful of soap due to me saying something bad (I don't recall what I said). When I look back, I can see me still doing things that I got spanked for again and again (I was the rebellious one of us 3 kids), but I can still see that I am better man now than I was back then as a kid.

Sending a kid to his or her room today just means they cannot do things outdoors or visit friends, but that does not mean that they are out of communication with the world. Nowadays, there is a TV or PC (not in all kids cases) or game console and all of their toys in their rooms so they do not learn anything by being kept out of the action so to speak. Time out in a corner doesn't work either, especially when the kid has all sorts of stuff going on around him or her self. They pay attention to that instead of why they are sitting in a corner (make them stand there instead honestly if you are gonna use that route).

No one should have to worry about some government entity prying or worse, dictating, how a parent can or can't raise or discipline a child. To me, spanking is using a open hand, ruler, belt. Hitting means using a fist. If people are hitting a child, then yes, maybe they are going overboard, but a spanking, no.

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#180 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

Palantas

Violence is the basis for governmental authority. That's just the way the world works. On a personal level, there are undesirable situations that need to be met with violence. Complaining about violence is a cop-out debating move.

And an undesirable situation involving your children needs to be "met with violence"? Ok, I understand that violence does serve a purpose, and sometimes needs to be excercised....but when you're talking about children, there are plenty of alternative, non-violent ways to discipline them.
THUMPTABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#181 THUMPTABLE
Member since 2003 • 2361 Posts

Some members of Canada's senate are trying to get spanking your child bannned. The current law allows parents to use necessary disciplinary force, but this would not allow parents touse any force at all.
So this got me thinking, is it okay to spank your child when they misbehave? The way I see it, there's nothing wrong with it as long as the parent doesn't hit too hard. Too many parents these days are just too easy on their kids. I've seen kids screaming in public while the parent just stands there and watches them. :| The best way to make a child behave is to make them fear misbehaving, right? Sending your kid to their room is not a punishment, they'll justfind something to do there.

harashawn

Lol, the term "spanking" down here in Aus is more the kinky word for consenting adults.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Palantas

And an undesirable situation involving your children needs to be "met with violence"? Ok, I understand that violence does serve a purpose, and sometimes needs to be excercised....but when you're talking about children, there are plenty of alternative, non-violent ways to discipline them.

chrisrooR

First off, I was addressing someone else's post, which made generic arguments with "violence" as the boogey-man. That's lazy thinking. In regards to your comments, maybe, maybe not. If you're using physicality to punish someone, then you're using violence. I can generate all sorts of scenarios involving children where violence or surrender are the only options left.

clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 clayron
Member since 2003 • 10121 Posts
I think it depends on the child. As a kid I was definitely the kind of child that needed physical discipline because I had a tendency of testing my parents limits. I wasn't afraid of "time out" or going without a T.V.. Those punishments were nothing to me. My sister on the other hand didn't need to be disciplined at all. She did everything she was told without question until she got about 16. Different children are going to respond to different punishments, and explaining to a child that certain things are wrong are useless until they get to a point where they can hold a conversation (around 4 or 5). Physical punishment can be a great deterrent to bad behavior because the children learn to associate certain behaviors with an unpleasant punishment. A child doesn't need to be struck with the full force of God before it understands that when it acts against the wishes of the authority figures there will be consequences. Spanking =/= Beating. Even to a child. So, yes, I will spank my children, but it mostly depends on the child. If I can get the child to listen without force that would be great, but if my child is ANYTHING like I was I will have to spank him.
maryal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#184 maryal
Member since 2004 • 193 Posts

[QUOTE="harashawn"]

Some members of Canada's senate are trying to get spanking your child bannned. The current law allows parents to use necessary disciplinary force, but this would not allow parents touse any force at all.
So this got me thinking, is it okay to spank your child when they misbehave? The way I see it, there's nothing wrong with it as long as the parent doesn't hit too hard. Too many parents these days are just too easy on their kids. I've seen kids screaming in public while the parent just stands there and watches them. :| The best way to make a child behave is to make them fear misbehaving, right? Sending your kid to their room is not a punishment, they'll justfind something to do there.

THUMPTABLE

Lol, the term "spanking" down here in Aus is more the kinky word for consenting adults.

ooohhhhh spank me!

iAtrocious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 iAtrocious
Member since 2010 • 1567 Posts

Spank? No. Mild hitting? Yes.

Respect is a concept a five year-old can't quite grasp, and as I like to say, fear is a better tool of control, unless your subject is stronger than you. That, and respect can be easily erased, whilst fear cannot. I wouldn't, however, hit a child of my own: I know several other ways to punish them without applying force.

clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 clayron

Respect is a concept a five year-old can't quite grasp, and as I like to say, fear is a better tool of control, unless your subject is stronger than you. That, and respect can be easily erased, whilst fear cannot. I wouldn't, however, hit a child of my own: I know several other ways to punish them without applying force.

iAtrocious
What makes you think a child can't grasp "Respect"? Could it define it? Likely not. But it could definitely understand the presence of an authority figure, and what they authority figure considers acceptable and unacceptable. For instance, most children lie naturally at a young age. They do not have to be taught how to do it. They understand, at a young age, the concept of "trouble" and recognize that consequences can follow said "trouble", so they try to avoid it. Why is it then that a child can't understand the concept of "Respect"?
artichoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 artichoke
Member since 2006 • 2271 Posts
As long as it doesn't cross into abuse then I'm okay with it. Unless I happen to have perfect children I'll probably spank mine.
keech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 keech
Member since 2003 • 1451 Posts

[QUOTE="iAtrocious"]

clayron

What makes you think a child can't grasp "Respect"? Could it define it? Likely not. But it could definitely understand the presence of an authority figure, and what they authority figure considers acceptable and unacceptable. For instance, most children lie naturally at a young age. They do not have to be taught how to do it. They understand, at a young age, the concept of "trouble" and recognize that consequences can follow said "trouble", so they try to avoid it. Why is it then that a child can't understand the concept of "Respect"?

Because the concept of respect does not pertain directly to them. Children are self-centered by nature. They think very little about anything beyond their own fingertips. They understand when THEY are in trouble. But have little understanding of anything beyond what they have themselves experienced first hand.

clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 clayron

Because the concept of respect does not pertain directly to them. Children are self-centered by nature. They think very little about anything beyond their own fingertips. They understand when THEY are in trouble. But have little understanding of anything beyond what they have themselves experienced first hand.

keech

That makes sense. I hadn't looked at it that way.

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
Kids these days need a spanking/whipping. I have gotten some when I was a kid with a belt. It puts fear in you, makes you realize that there are consquences. It is necessary. When the kid grows up he/she will realize and be thankful for it. I am and happy my parents chose to do it to me. I will also do it for my kids. I'm sure the ones in OT that is against have never been spanked in their life. So I believe they should be quiet. They can only give a third person's perspective. I wish them good luck with their bad kids.
iAtrocious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 iAtrocious
Member since 2010 • 1567 Posts

[QUOTE="iAtrocious"]

clayron

What makes me think a child can't grasp "Respect"? Having lived with a younger sister when I was already of age, having nephews and having an aunt/uncle that raised their kids with passive behavior (grounding, but no phys. punishment) (I didn't, obviously, spank neither of these children, since they weren't my offspring). They lie, they laugh in your face (and in their parent's, if they are submissive), they're devious and they do nothing that you ask them unless you threaten them or put something that's theirs at risk.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
Meh, there are other ways to make a child fear you anyway.
acsam12304

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 acsam12304

[QUOTE="iAtrocious"]

clayron

cant tell you how many times in my home we had friends come over with kids that never been disciplined and not shown how to respect a home that is not theirs and they end up touching everything! it drives me crazy, and those same people, my family and i avoid getting together and hang out at the mall or something because they will end up touching everything as well and start to throw big @$$ fits if they do not get what they want or get to do what they want to do. and you tell them why dont you spank them and they say "oh no i do not dare spank them."

acsam12304

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 acsam12304

Kids these days need a spanking/whipping. I have gotten some when I was a kid with a belt. It puts fear in you, makes you realize that there are consquences. It is necessary. When the kid grows up he/she will realize and be thankful for it. I am and happy my parents chose to do it to me. I will also do it for my kids. I'm sure the ones in OT that is against have never been spanked in their life. So I believe they should be quiet. They can only give a third person's perspective. I wish them good luck with their bad kids.MgamerBD

im thankful my parents spanked me, i my self and my brothers got the belt, but it wasn't because my mom or dad did it for abuse. all the time i got spanked or get whipped by a belt ( in my ass) is because i knew i did something wrong. i knew i never got whipped or spanked just for the heck of it.but like is aid im thankful because they made me the good person i am today not the best but to have manners and respect.

i never once took drugs, gotten high, smoke, or gotten drunk.

they way my mom and dad said to be when i got around my Jr high years and teen years is this.

if i even join a gang, gotten high, or drunk. they will call the cops to take me away. well it worked never done any of it nor do i care about those kinds of things. why did it work? cause i never want to lose my home i dont want to go to child detention center and lose a lot of my life or anything like that.

Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#196 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

Spare the rod and spoil the child. I think spanking is ok, as long as it's used as a last resort. I used to get them on the bare bottom when I was a little kid. Not fun.

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts

[QUOTE="MgamerBD"]Kids these days need a spanking/whipping. I have gotten some when I was a kid with a belt. It puts fear in you, makes you realize that there are consquences. It is necessary. When the kid grows up he/she will realize and be thankful for it. I am and happy my parents chose to do it to me. I will also do it for my kids. I'm sure the ones in OT that is against have never been spanked in their life. So I believe they should be quiet. They can only give a third person's perspective. I wish them good luck with their bad kids.acsam12304

im thankful my parents spanked me, i my self and my brothers got the belt, but it wasn't because my mom or dad did it for abuse. all the time i got spanked or get whipped by a belt ( in my ass) is because i knew i did something wrong. i knew i never got whipped or spanked just for the heck of it.but like is aid im thankful because they made me the good person i am today not the best but to have manners and respect.

i never once took drugs, gotten high, smoke, or gotten drunk.

they way my mom and dad said to be when i got around my Jr high years and teen years is this.

if i even join a gang, gotten high, or drunk. they will call the cops to take me away. well it worked never done any of it nor do i care about those kinds of things. why did it work? cause i never want to lose my home i dont want to go to child detention center and lose a lot of my life or anything like that.

Exactly...it kept us out of trouble. Because the only thing more scarier then death, or the cops was our parents. We was so scared of them and their power over us we kept off the streets and stayed respectful. Today I am thankful for it. They onlt whipped us when we needed to be whipped. They kept it in moderation. Spankings is necessary for kids. If not for that...I would've been a very bad kid...trust me.
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
people from 3rd world country are the most ruthless when it comes to spanking and pulling kids ears. Even a school teachers did that.
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
[QUOTE="hippiesanta"]people from 3rd world country are the most ruthless when it comes to spanking and pulling kids ears. Even a school teachers did that.

I got caned(and not just once) every time I didn't do my homework.
acsam12304

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 acsam12304

you know who needs a big ass spanking Bam, from Viva la Bam. Phil and April failed big time with him.