This topic is locked from further discussion.

redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#101 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts

[QUOTE="redstorm72"]

[QUOTE="OldTopics"] alot of kids wont shutup/stop whining until spanked. you could yell at them and they would keep going. sometimes kids do need to be hitOldTopics

Once again, that's just lazy parenting. A parent can't be bothered to gain a report with their child and to actually teach them that what their doing is wrong, so they yell at and hit the kid.

I doubt youve ever had to raise a kid. What do you want the parent to do? Politely ask the kid to stop? that doesnt work. your living in a fantasy world where all kids obey parents all the time

What, so the only way to punish a kid is with physical violence? Ever heard of a time out? There are dozens of ways to punish a kid without resorting to hitting them. Take their favorite toy away, no TV before bed, sit them in the corner, etc.

acsam12304

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#102 acsam12304
Member since 2005 • 3387 Posts

[QUOTE="OldTopics"][QUOTE="redstorm72"]

Once again, that's just lazy parenting. A parent can't be bothered to gain a report with their child and to actually teach them that what their doing is wrong, so they yell at and hit the kid.

redstorm72

I doubt youve ever had to raise a kid. What do you want the parent to do? Politely ask the kid to stop? that doesnt work. your living in a fantasy world where all kids obey parents all the time

What, so the only way to punish a kid is with physical violence? Ever heard of a time out? There are dozens of ways to punish a kid without resorting to hitting them. Take their favorite toy away, no TV before bed, sit them in the corner, etc.

so the new politically correct way of calling spanking is physical violence wow just wow.

redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 redstorm72

I also think they need to bring spanking in school back. Alot of kids have no respect for teachers anymore detention? hhaha supsension yea no school. But the pain and embarassment of getting a paddle is real. I knew a kid in school that had detention every day it was actually a goal of his to see how many he could get . Finally the school sent a permission form home to spank him and his parents signed it. After that he stopped getting the detentions.AutoPilotOn

Hell no. If a teacher ever touched my child I would beat the **** out of them (I have no probelm with beating an adult :P ). A teacher has no right to physically discipline another persons child.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"]I also think they need to bring spanking in school back. Alot of kids have no respect for teachers anymore detention? hhaha supsension yea no school. But the pain and embarassment of getting a paddle is real. I knew a kid in school that had detention every day it was actually a goal of his to see how many he could get . Finally the school sent a permission form home to spank him and his parents signed it. After that he stopped getting the detentions.redstorm72

Hell no. If a teacher ever touched my child I would beat the **** out of them (I have no probelm with beating an adult :P ). A teacher has no right to physically discipline another persons child.

And we see how well discipline in school it going. If they teachers have no right to do anything what do the kids have to worry about listening?
acsam12304

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 acsam12304

[QUOTE="chrisrooR"][QUOTE="curono"]Thing is to shock children, not HURT children. Sometimes a good spank will do more than 1 week of grounding.curono
So who regulates how hard a spank is? How many spanks is considered 'fair'? When does spanking become physical abuse? There are so many variables that I see it as best not to hit your kid in the first place. Saying that 'spanking is ok' opens to doors to parents who may spank with excessive force, or may spank for extremely minor things.

Same thing would go as for how much time does grounding becomes a form of "kidnapping". No dinner for you becomes hunger/starvation attempt, ignoring with psychological abuse. Any kind of punishment may become abuse, and you arguing against "grounding." Look, there is no from #Newtons- #Newtons is acceptable and anything beyond is torture. But if you are really interested in what I think is: 1. Spanking shouldnt be ment to hurt children. If hurting or causing pain becomes the main objective, that is wrong. Dont do anything that will make a bruise or other mark. 2. Spanking shouldnt be common thing. Seriously, do it just for times when you gotta stop children in their tracks and only as last measure. 3. Spanking is more about the psychological effect of being hit than the fear of being hurt. 4. Dont give too many spanks. I wont tell a number depending on the gravity of the problem. But I'd say that you should never go higher than 5. Sometimes 1 is more than enough. 5. After a spank, an extra punishment, as regular. Spanking is just to stop completely an event. But that doesnt mean that it replaces a punishment, if you think that afterwards the kid needs somehing else (no allowance), do it but no physical punishment again (unless it is cutting grass, cleaning the car, etc) 6. After a spank stop any other "aggresion". Which means, that after a spank you dont need to be in a "scolding tone". A spank shouldnt be an indication of a lessening of love.

you pretty much hit it right in the nail. you spank you kid and explain to them what he/she did wrong, and then you ground them. at the end what they will think twice before doing that same thing again if they know its wrong to do.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#106 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

And we see how well discipline in school it going. If they teachers have no right to do anything what do the kids have to worry about listening?AutoPilotOn
To learn?

Freebird8877

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#107 Freebird8877
Member since 2006 • 3407 Posts

Spanking is fine, all you Nancy boys need to drop your purses. :D

-Big_Red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 -Big_Red-
Member since 2006 • 7230 Posts
This is just bad. Some children need to be spanked. Like my nieces, and nephews. Ever since they moved back in with their mother, they've just been steam rolling her because she can't bring herself to spank them. Imagine if the whole "civilized" world was like this.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 AutoPilotOn

Freebird8877
lol sometimes I am scared to see how quickly everything is going PC and wussy in the past 10-15 years or so I can only imagine the next 15...
acsam12304

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 acsam12304

[QUOTE="Freebird8877"]

AutoPilotOn

lol sometimes I am scared to see how quickly everything is going PC and wussy in the past 10-15 years or so I can only imagine the next 15...

me and you both

redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 redstorm72

[QUOTE="redstorm72"]

AutoPilotOn

And we see how well discipline in school it going. If they teachers have no right to do anything what do the kids have to worry about listening?

Holy crap, I've said it 5 times, spanking is not the only method of discipline. Use a timeout, or any other method instead.

so the new politically correct way of calling spanking is physical violence wow just wow.acsam12304

Definition: Violence

Noun

1. Swift and intense force

2. Rough or injurious physical force, action or treatment

3. An unjust or unwarranted exertion of force or power

It's not politically correct, it's the definition.

Aku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Aku101
Member since 2009 • 2114 Posts

[QUOTE="00-Riddick-00"]

I was spanked when i did something i wasnt supposed to do.. And I turned out alright. Kids these days need to be spanked more.. They have no discipline.

redstorm72

Every generation thinks the kids of the day are undisciplined (remember when rock music was corrupting the youth?). Kids today are no different then they ever were. Besides, discipline doesn't need to come from physical violence, it can be taught far better through other means.

Oh really? Please tell me how you teach discipline to a 3 year old without using physical means. :lol:

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#113 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
Spanking has been going on for quite a long time. It isn't child abuse. Hitting your children with objects and leaving marks, THAT'S child abuse. If you ban spanking, you might as well ban grounding, yelling at them, taking away games, anything that makes the child uncomfortable.
no_more_fayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 no_more_fayth
Member since 2010 • 11928 Posts

Have you ever tried to reason with a two year old or talk to them about what they did?

They can barely speak. :|

redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 redstorm72

[QUOTE="redstorm72"]

[QUOTE="00-Riddick-00"]

I was spanked when i did something i wasnt supposed to do.. And I turned out alright. Kids these days need to be spanked more.. They have no discipline.

Aku101

Every generation thinks the kids of the day are undisciplined (remember when rock music was corrupting the youth?). Kids today are no different then they ever were. Besides, discipline doesn't need to come from physical violence, it can be taught far better through other means.

Oh really? Please tell me how you teach discipline to a 3 year old without using physical means. :lol:

A timeout. It worked just fine on me and all my cousins.

no_more_fayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 no_more_fayth

A timeout for three year old children?

They wouldn't listen.

They wouldn't sit still.

Even yelling doesn't work half the time.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 AutoPilotOn
[QUOTE="redstorm72"]

[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"]

And we see how well discipline in school it going. If they teachers have no right to do anything what do the kids have to worry about listening?redstorm72

Holy crap, I've said it 5 times, spanking is not the only method of discipline. Use a timeout, or any other method instead.

so the new politically correct way of calling spanking is physical violence wow just wow.acsam12304

Noun

Holy crap and each time you say spanking should be replace with time outs I am gonna say no it can be used in conjunction with. With a kid nothing gets their attention more that a spanking.
flash_drive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 flash_drive
Member since 2010 • 968 Posts
You mean corporal punishment? Anyway, when I have kids, I do plan on using the belt. Thats how I was raised, and I don't see myself yelling at any of my parents anytime soon.
redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 redstorm72

A timeout for three year children?

They wouldn't listen.

They wouldn't sit still.

Even yelling doesn't work half the time.

no_more_fayth

All I've got to say is watch Super Nanny. It does work, you just have to be persistent.

Aku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Aku101

[QUOTE="Aku101"]

[QUOTE="redstorm72"]

redstorm72

Timeouts only work because the child sees disapproval of his/her actions in their peers in your case the cousins. Timeouts do not work when it's only between parent and child.

no_more_fayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 no_more_fayth

All I've got to say is watch Super Nanny. It does work, you just have to be persistent.

redstorm72

Not if they're too young to comprehend what you're telling them.

redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 redstorm72

[QUOTE="redstorm72"]

[QUOTE="Aku101"]

Aku101

Timeouts only work because the child sees disapproval of his/her actions in their peers in your case the cousins. Timeouts do not work when it's only between parent and child.

Yes it does, I'm an only child and my mother disciplined me quite effectively with timeouts. I rarely saw my cousins as a child so they would have had no influence on me.

Cataclism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Cataclism
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts

The next generation of Canadians is going to be a bunch of deliquents.

acsam12304

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 acsam12304

[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"]

[QUOTE="redstorm72"] And we see how well discipline in school it going. If they teachers have no right to do anything what do the kids have to worry about listening?redstorm72

Noun

ok so you think this. behind every house hold that spanks there kids. the kids are in terror from there parents, the innocent kids run and hide in fear that mom and dad will catch them and hit them to kingdom come for no reason.

wait and see, if you have kids dont cry if just "grounding" dont work anymore.

XxspritexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#125 XxspritexX
Member since 2005 • 5836 Posts
The way I see it is that when punishing children you have to sometimes get a little physical. Dogs snap at their puppies when they miss behave so our spanking or hitting is like the dogs tiny snap. :P Looking through my home movies of me i am glad my mother hit me with what ever she had in her hand cause it gave me a neat reflex that helps me when I spar in the boxing rink. :P
redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 redstorm72

[QUOTE="redstorm72"]

no_more_fayth

Children are smarter then you give them credit for. Besides, I can teach my dog to sit in a corner for as long as I want and they have co concept of language at all.

Aku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Aku101

[QUOTE="Aku101"]

[QUOTE="redstorm72"]

redstorm72

Yes it does, I'm an only child and my mother disciplined me quite effectively with timeouts. I rarely saw my cousins as a child so they would have had no influence on me.

Your anecdotal evidence is very solid. Timeouts don't work when kids throw tantrums in super markets. Anyways there is nothing wrong with spanking your child. When they grow up they realize that it was necessary and it wasn't so bad.

no_more_fayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 no_more_fayth

[QUOTE="no_more_fayth"]

[QUOTE="redstorm72"]

redstorm72

Children are smarter then you give them credit for. Besides, I can teach my dog to sit in a corner for as long as I want and they have co concept of language at all.

All hail, master trainer.

daqua_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#129 daqua_99
Member since 2005 • 11170 Posts

Considering the lack of discipline in today's society, most kids I see in public deserve a good smack on the bum

XxspritexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 XxspritexX

[QUOTE="Aku101"]

[QUOTE="redstorm72"]

redstorm72

It dosn't work for all children...it didn't work for me at all.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 AutoPilotOn
[QUOTE="XxspritexX"][QUOTE="redstorm72"]

[QUOTE="Aku101"]

It dosn't work for all children...it didn't work for me at all.

Yea sitting in the corner or in my room just gave me time to think of what I was gonna do next. I deserved what I got after that. I would of hated the person I would have become without good discipline. I am glad my parents weren't hug-a-tree hippies.
no_more_fayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 no_more_fayth

If anyone cares, I had a troubled childhood.

Personal reasons.

But I was never spanked.

My mother was very liberal with me in all aspects: sex, school, curfews, etc.

I'm not against spanking, it's effective and it's not abuse.

I know about abuse.

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
There's a difference between spanking and abuse. If people can't tell where to draw the line, they're probably in the abusive group. Nobody will tell me how to and not to discipline my child. I know what is acceptable force on a child and what isn't, and my government will not tell me otherwise. Kids need a good smack in the ass from time to time, and if I have to do it in public, boo hoo for the new-age parents who think talking fixes everything, because you cannot (and should not) waste your time speaking calmly to a screaming brat. I will NOT obey any law that says I cannot discipline my child as I please, because if I did, I'd only be able to spank my kid at home in private, and kids are not stupid, they'll pick up on the fact that you won't smack them in public and just be nastier little beasts. Like I said in a thread yesterday about this, children are below you. You are their superiors. They bargain with you, you do not reason or bargain with or bribe them.
no_more_fayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 no_more_fayth

There's a difference between spanking and abuse. XilePrincess

That's exactly what I said. :o

redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 redstorm72

There's a difference between spanking and abuse. If people can't tell where to draw the line, they're probably in the abusive group. Nobody will tell me how to and not to discipline my child. I know what is acceptable force on a child and what isn't, and my government will not tell me otherwise. Kids need a good smack in the ass from time to time, and if I have to do it in public, boo hoo for the new-age parents who think talking fixes everything, because you cannot (and should not) waste your time speaking calmly to a screaming brat. I will NOT obey any law that says I cannot discipline my child as I please, because if I did, I'd only be able to spank my kid at home in private, and kids are not stupid, they'll pick up on the fact that you won't smack them in public and just be nastier little beasts. Like I said in a thread yesterday about this, children are below you. You are their superiors. They bargain with you, you do not reason or bargain with or bribe them. XilePrincess

Just remember, your kids are going to be the ones looking after you when you get old. You wouldn't want them to put you in a terrible retirement home would you? :P

XxspritexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 XxspritexX

[QUOTE="XilePrincess"]There's a difference between spanking and abuse. If people can't tell where to draw the line, they're probably in the abusive group. Nobody will tell me how to and not to discipline my child. I know what is acceptable force on a child and what isn't, and my government will not tell me otherwise. Kids need a good smack in the ass from time to time, and if I have to do it in public, boo hoo for the new-age parents who think talking fixes everything, because you cannot (and should not) waste your time speaking calmly to a screaming brat. I will NOT obey any law that says I cannot discipline my child as I please, because if I did, I'd only be able to spank my kid at home in private, and kids are not stupid, they'll pick up on the fact that you won't smack them in public and just be nastier little beasts. Like I said in a thread yesterday about this, children are below you. You are their superiors. They bargain with you, you do not reason or bargain with or bribe them. redstorm72

Just remember, your kids are going to be the ones looking after you when you get old. You wouldn't want them to put you in a terrible retirement home would you? :P

I'm still taking care of my mommy who wooped my ass pretty hard a few times. :P
jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

I thank my parents for spanking me as a child. I see other children who have now grown up who I've talked to about the matter, and admit they were never spanked, and I shudder at the tought of having turned out like them. I am definitely for spanking, though naturally, there's a limit.

YoungFlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#138 YoungFlitz
Member since 2011 • 854 Posts

I think there is a better way to punishing kids. But not by hitting them.

redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 redstorm72

I thank my parents for spanking me as a child. I see other children who have now grown up who I've talked to about the matter, and admit they were never spanked, and I shudder at the tought of having turned out like them. I am definitely for spanking, though naturally, there's a limit.

jamejame

You know, Ive seen some kids who were spanked that turned out pretty bad. You disciplinary method as a child does not define who you are as an adult.

-Big_Red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 -Big_Red-
[QUOTE="redstorm72"]

[QUOTE="jamejame"]

You know, Ive seen some kids who were spanked that turned out pretty bad. You disciplinary method as a child does not define who you are as an adult.

True. But some children NEED to be spanked.
Aku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Aku101

[QUOTE="jamejame"]

redstorm72

That's why it's used on children not on youths and teenagers.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#142 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

I think it's completely fine. On paper it may sound a bit crude, but if you associate misbehaviour with pain or punishment, then more likely than not they won't do it. I also feel pain works better than grounding or forbidding them to do a certain behaviour you don't want them to.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#143 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Sure because what has worked for the past few millenniums is all of a sudden wrong and barbaric.

darkfox101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 darkfox101
Member since 2004 • 7055 Posts
I slap babies
redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 redstorm72

[QUOTE="redstorm72"]

[QUOTE="jamejame"]

-Big_Red-

Definitely. Like this kid

batboy

-Big_Red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 -Big_Red-
[QUOTE="redstorm72"]

[QUOTE="-Big_Red-"][QUOTE="redstorm72"]

Definitely. Like this kid

batboy

Who the f*** is that? Baby Nosferatu?
TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

Only bad parents need to spank their child.

toast_burner

This. I listened and was taught to listen at a very early age, and I never really needed to be spanked or physically punished. Sometimes people don't realize how much little children comprehend. I remember understanding and talking about some pretty mature (and I don't mean inappropriate) subject matter as a young child. Now I think back and I'm like really? I understood that at 5? While kids are young and still developing, not all of them are stupid. Then again I suppose some are, unfortunately stupid parents usually have stupid children so it's kind of like a never ending cycle of stupidity and bad parenting.

Colin1192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Colin1192
Member since 2008 • 6221 Posts

[QUOTE="redstorm72"]

[QUOTE="jamejame"]

-Big_Red-

and what kind of children would that be?

Off topic- sucks your blog got shut down there lad

redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 redstorm72

Who the f*** is that? Baby Nosferatu?-Big_Red-

This photo should clear things up

batb

Assassin_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#150 Assassin_87
Member since 2004 • 2349 Posts

Deciding on methods of punishment for children should be left up to their parents, not any government body or outside organization. Regulating our personal lives further would be a step in the wrong direction. It seems less and less crazy to think that maybe one day, we will all be held accountable for every action that could potentially be considered "abusive" through the use of surveillance cameras in our own homes. We're moving backward in a lot of respects. But let me end my rant and get back to something relevant.

My parents punished me in many ways, both physically and psychologically. Any form of punishment can become abusive in some way. The key is to understand that parenting is all about successfully pulling off a balancing act of teaching, rewarding, and punishing based on a child's development. I don't think spanking is always necessary, but I hold no grudges against my mother who frequently used physical punishment followed up with lecturing as a means of getting her point across. If anything she did a great job, as so far in my life I've managed to be pretty successful and more stable than most of my friends and acquaintances. I know that when I have children, should it ever prove to be the best route I won't hesitate to move toward physical punishment. It's just a fact that sometimes a timeout or finger wag aren't going to get the job done.