20,000 Palestinian homes await demolition in E. Jerusalem

• 183 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts

In fact I agree, however the right wing Israeli government would not allow this to happen.SquatsAreAwesom

Hamas wouldn't share power with the Jews, either. So again, both sides prolong the suffering.

IAMTHEJOKER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 IAMTHEJOKER88
Member since 2008 • 934 Posts

[QUOTE="Ringx55"][QUOTE="SquatsAreAwesom"][QUOTE="Ringx55"]I see the charts and find it 100% justified.ghoklebutter
What exactly is it you find justified? The destruction of 20,000 homes?

They're being moved I don't see whats wrong. I find it pretty cool they have the balls to really push when it comes to shove.

It is that sort of Nietzchen hardness that led a nation to embrace social darwinism and kill off six million jews in the first place.

Might is not right because of its typicaly destructive side-effects, e.g. the destruction of Palestinian nationalism and culture, and its primitive tendencies.

Would you still find it 'cool' if someone forced you out of your home? I thought Americans were so very proud of their freedom, so why would you want to deny the Palestinians theirs?

Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts

[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

The only chance that region has is as a united secular state. Two-states won't work. Unfortunately, both sides claim Divine Right so a secular or united state is out of the question.

Impasse.

Cue human suffering.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results."

SquatsAreAwesom

In fact I agree, however the right wing Israeli government would not allow this to happen.

And the I don't see the Palestinians jumping on board with that idea either. The reality of the situation is that peace will never be achieved. Both sides have far too many long lasting grudges to simply lay down arms and co-exist.

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

[QUOTE="l4dak47"]It's a mess over there. But it's war. Israel is probably U.S. best ally in the Middle East, which isn't saying much, but it's politics. gameguy6700
It's not war. It's a genocide campaign. Israel wants ALL of the land that used to be Palestine. Understandably the Palestinians aren't thrilled about that, especially when Israel is hellbent on treating them like second class citizens if not trying to completely wipe out their culture. Israel also isn't a good ally. They turn around and sell a lot of the weapons we give them for free to countries like China. And if it weren't for us being allied with Israel we would ironically be on pretty good terms with the rest of the region (save for Iran who would still hate us for our attempted coup of their government).

Agree 100%.

UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 UnknownSniper65

[QUOTE="gameguy6700"][QUOTE="l4dak47"]It's a mess over there. But it's war. Israel is probably U.S. best ally in the Middle East, which isn't saying much, but it's politics. Pixel-Pirate

It's not war. It's a genocide campaign. Israel wants ALL of the land that used to be Palestine. Understandably the Palestinians aren't thrilled about that, especially when Israel is hellbent on treating them like second class citizens if not trying to completely wipe out their culture. Israel also isn't a good ally. They turn around and sell a lot of the weapons we give them for free to countries like China. And if it weren't for us being allied with Israel we would ironically be on pretty good terms with the rest of the region (save for Iran who would still hate us for our attempted coup of their government).

Agree 100%.

I never understood the purpose of the alliance beyond the Yom Kippur War. When should have just withdrawn our support from the region at the same time the Soviets did. The alliance cost us greatly in terms of international reputation.

MystikFollower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 MystikFollower
Member since 2009 • 4061 Posts

[QUOTE="SquatsAreAwesom"][QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

The only chance that region has is as a united secular state. Two-states won't work. Unfortunately, both sides claim Divine Right so a secular or united state is out of the question.

Impasse.

Cue human suffering.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results."

UnknownSniper65

In fact I agree, however the right wing Israeli government would not allow this to happen.

And the I don't see the Palestinians jumping on board with that idea either. The reality of it the situation is that peace will never be achieved. Both sides have far too many long lasting grudges to simply lay down arms and co-exist.

It's tragic but true, which is why I believe America really needs to pull itself out of that entire region before we bring everything crashing down. There is no way a country that is for the most part hated in that region, is going to help two peoples that have been at war for centuries suddenly find peace. War is entrenched andingrained in that culture and in a lot of ways it's simple insanity. Each side believes they are 100% in the right and that God supports and wants them to do what they are doing, and both sides refuse to even entertain the idea that maybe God wants harmony.

Ringx55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Ringx55
Member since 2008 • 5967 Posts

[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="Ringx55"] What exactly is it you find justified? The destruction of 20,000 homes?IAMTHEJOKER88

They're being moved I don't see whats wrong. I find it pretty cool they have the balls to really push when it comes to shove.

It is that sort of Nietzchen hardness that led a nation to embrace social darwinism and kill off six million jews in the first place.

Might is not right because of its typicaly destructive side-effects, e.g. the destruction of Palestinian nationalism and culture, and its primitive tendencies.

Would you still find it 'cool' if someone forced you out of your home? I thought Americans were so very proud of their freedom, so why would you want to deny the Palestinians theirs?

I'm American? And I would think "Well that's pretty lame, but more power to you Israel!"
Ringx55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Ringx55
[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="Ringx55"][QUOTE="ghoklebutter"] You're a sick individual.

Hardly, I don't support a nation who lets terrorist freely roam and attack Israeli border.

You sound like a terrorist if I can be frank.

Think what you want, the fact is they're the more evil nation who freely allow the really criminals fire rockets and continue their legal efforts without saying a word.
Ringx55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Ringx55
[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="Ringx55"][QUOTE="ghoklebutter"] They're being demolished, not moved.

Even better, more room for Israel.

Who is to decide which two nations are better? Palestinians are people, too.

The individual decides. And for me Israel is the best part of the middle east.
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts
[QUOTE="Ringx55"][QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="Ringx55"] Even better, more room for Israel.

Who is to decide which two nations are better? Palestinians are people, too.

And how, pray tell, should such a decision be done by one, single person? Both the Israelis and the Palestinians are human beings, so they should set aside their differences and coexist. I don't prefer one over the other. I don't care if you support Israel. What I'm troubled about is the fact that you are rather apathetic about 20,000 homes being demolished for no good reason.
Avatar image for SquatsAreAwesom
SquatsAreAwesom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 SquatsAreAwesom
Member since 2009 • 1678 Posts
[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="Ringx55"][QUOTE="ghoklebutter"] Who is to decide which two nations are better? Palestinians are people, too.

And how, pray tell, should such a decision be done by one, single person? Both the Israelis and the Palestinians are human beings, so they should set aside their differences and coexist. I don't prefer one over the other. I don't care if you support Israel. What I'm troubled about is the fact that you are rather apathetic about 20,000 homes being demolished for no good reason.

Depends who you talk to, methinks he considers himself and his buddies "chosen"
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 ghoklebutter
[QUOTE="SquatsAreAwesom"][QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="Ringx55"] The individual decides. And for me Israel is the best part of the middle east.

Contrary to popular belief, Jews aren't supposed to use their identity as the chosen people to make themselves superior to others. They just consider themselves chosen because they were given the Torah.
Ringx55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Ringx55
[QUOTE="SquatsAreAwesom"][QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="Ringx55"] The individual decides. And for me Israel is the best part of the middle east.

It's really a NBD guys, they need to make better and newer homes then the ones there.
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 ghoklebutter
[QUOTE="Ringx55"][QUOTE="SquatsAreAwesom"][QUOTE="ghoklebutter"] And how, pray tell, should such a decision be done by one, single person? Both the Israelis and the Palestinians are human beings, so they should set aside their differences and coexist. I don't prefer one over the other. I don't care if you support Israel. What I'm troubled about is the fact that you are rather apathetic about 20,000 homes being demolished for no good reason.

It's really a NBD guys, they need to make better and newer homes then the ones there.

What would you do if someone demolished your house because he wanted to build a new one for himself?
Ringx55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Ringx55
[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="Ringx55"][QUOTE="SquatsAreAwesom"] Depends who you talk to, methinks he considers himself and his buddies "chosen"

What would you do if someone demolished your house because he wanted to build a new one for himself?

I'd be mad but then again my country is too awesome for that.
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ghoklebutter
[QUOTE="Ringx55"][QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="Ringx55"] It's really a NBD guys, they need to make better and newer homes then the ones there.

I'd be mad but then again my country is too awesome for that.

Now you know how the Palestinians feel.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts
Another day and another anti Israel thread. The problems over there go deeper than is alluded to here. And to point the finger at ONLY one side in the altercations is not accurate.
SquatsAreAwesom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 SquatsAreAwesom

I can only post what isn't graphic

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ghoklebutter
Another day and another anti Israel thread. The problems over there go deeper than is alluded to here. And to point the finger at ONLY one side in the altercations is not accurate.LJS9502_basic
Even though I acknowledge that both sides have done wrong, news like this makes you think that Israel is the real bully. I seriously doubt there's a good reason for demolishing 20,000 homes for other people.
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 UnknownSniper65

Posting those images isn't going to change the fact that that this conflict is ultimately a result of the pride and selfishness of both sides

dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

Another day and another anti Israel thread. The problems over there go deeper than is alluded to here. And to point the finger at ONLY one side in the altercations is not accurate.LJS9502_basic

It makes it easy finding the OT posters in the lower IQ bracket.

:P

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Another day and another anti Israel thread. The problems over there go deeper than is alluded to here. And to point the finger at ONLY one side in the altercations is not accurate.ghoklebutter
Even though I acknowledge that both sides have done wrong, news like this makes you think that Israel is the real bully. I seriously doubt there's a good reason for demolishing 20,000 homes for other people.

And as I said....you're seeing one side of the problem. There are always two.....
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ghoklebutter
*pictures*SquatsAreAwesom
Those last few pictures are definitely graphic. :|
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 ghoklebutter
[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Another day and another anti Israel thread. The problems over there go deeper than is alluded to here. And to point the finger at ONLY one side in the altercations is not accurate.LJS9502_basic

And as I said....you're seeing one side of the problem. There are always two.....

I don't like to see things one-sided, and I still can't think of a good reason to do the above that isn't irrational and discriminatory...
SquatsAreAwesom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 SquatsAreAwesom

And as I said....you're seeing one side of the problem. There are always two.....LJS9502_basic
I wonder how many people say that about the holocaust?

There are definitely two sides to the war as a whole, however how exactly do you rationalize this? I'm all ears.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]And as I said....you're seeing one side of the problem. There are always two.....SquatsAreAwesom

There are definitely two sides to the war as a whole, however when you see a news story such as this and ignore it in the way you are doing, you are in turn just enabling.

You make threads against Israel all the time......
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 ghoklebutter

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]And as I said....you're seeing one side of the problem. There are always two.....SquatsAreAwesom

There are definitely two sides to the war as a whole, however how exactly do you rationalize this? I'm all ears.

Please keep the Holocaust out of this; it has nothing to do with Israel, and it certainly isn't something you should use to argue with considering the Holocaust was an absolute tragedy.
SquatsAreAwesom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 SquatsAreAwesom

[QUOTE="SquatsAreAwesom"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]And as I said....you're seeing one side of the problem. There are always two.....LJS9502_basic

There are definitely two sides to the war as a whole, however when you see a news story such as this and ignore it in the way you are doing, you are in turn just enabling.

You make threads against Israel all the time......

I make thread as the news arrives, is it my fault that Israel insists on making headlines?

Did I tell them to commit piracy against the flotilla?

Was it my idea that they exile Bedouin tribes from the Israeli deserts, whom have lived there for hundreds of years?

Have I told them to demolish 20,000 homes in east Jerusalem? Nice strawman though.

dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

Really WTF is wrong with you.

Ringx55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Ringx55

I can only post what isn't graphic*pics*SquatsAreAwesom

The last couple look so fake! :lol:

SquatsAreAwesom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 SquatsAreAwesom

Please keep the Holocaust out of this; it has nothing to do with Israel, and it certainly isn't something you should use to argue with considering the Holocaust was an absolute tragedy.ghoklebutter
This isn't a tragedy? I hate to burst your bubble, but the Holocaust is absolutely relevant to any discussion involving Israel, despite the taboo that surrounds talking about it.

Israel came about as a direct result of the holocaust and the need to relocate the Jewish population from Germany. It's relevance is also important to acknowledge when Israel is using tactics by which the Nazis used on their own ancestors. The hypocrisy and irony is nothing short of important.

While it may not sit well with people in our country to talk about Israel in such a way, it is important we put it in context. Let's not ignore the elephant in the room shall we?

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 ghoklebutter

This isn't a tragedy? I hate to burst your bubble, but the Holocaust is absolutely relevant to any discussion involving Israel, despite the taboo that surrounds talking about it. Israel came about as a direct result of the holocaust and the need to relocate the Jewish population from Germany. It's relevance is also important to acknowledge when Israel is using tactics by which the Nazis used on their own ancestors. The hypocrisy and irony is nothing short of important. While it may not sit well with people in our country to talk about Israel in such a way, it is important we put it in context. SquatsAreAwesom

Where did I say this isn't a tragedy? And I disagree that the Holocaust is the main reason for Israel's creation. The Zionist movement existed way before WW2.

nintend-man86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 nintend-man86
Member since 2006 • 933 Posts

[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"]Please keep the Holocaust out of this; it has nothing to do with Israel, and it certainly isn't something you should use to argue with considering the Holocaust was an absolute tragedy.SquatsAreAwesom

This isn't a tragedy? I hate to burst your bubble, but the Holocaust is absolutely relevant to any discussion involving Israel, despite the taboo that surrounds talking about it.

Israel came about as a direct result of the holocaust and the need to relocate the Jewish population from Germany. It's relevance is also important to acknowledge when Israel is using tactics by which the Nazis used on their own ancestors. The hypocrisy and irony is nothing short of important.

While it may not sit well with people in our country to talk about Israel in such a way, it is important we put it in context. Let's not ignore the elephant in the room shall we?

i agree with this. in the sence that muslims are being murdered in and any where around israel. in the same sence that jews were murdered in and anywhere outside of germany. so yes, this is EXTREMELY similar
SquatsAreAwesom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 SquatsAreAwesom

[QUOTE="SquatsAreAwesom"] This isn't a tragedy? I hate to burst your bubble, but the Holocaust is absolutely relevant to any discussion involving Israel, despite the taboo that surrounds talking about it. Israel came about as a direct result of the holocaust and the need to relocate the Jewish population from Germany. It's relevance is also important to acknowledge when Israel is using tactics by which the Nazis used on their own ancestors. The hypocrisy and irony is nothing short of important. While it may not sit well with people in our country to talk about Israel in such a way, it is important we put it in context. ghoklebutter

Where did I say this isn't a tragedy? And I disagree that the Holocaust is the main reason for Israel's creation. The Zionist movement existed way before WW2.

It's not the main reason, but it was the main catalyst. While the Zionist movement dates back to the mid 1800s, it was the urgency of the relocation that lead to the British Mandate even having any precedence. Prior to that the Jewish terrorists ( Haganah or Stern ) alone weren't enough to self-proclaim a state. That is neither here nor there though.

The underlining point here is that it is quite ironic when the same behavior is taking place today, that begins to mirror the early stages of the Holocaust. Yet, we have people who either remain silent or conviently claim neutrality. Imagine, when Jimmy Carter once said:

"Out of our memory...of the Holocaust we must forge an unshakeable oath with all civilized people that never again will the world stand silent, never again will the world...fail to act in time to prevent this terrible crime of genocide....we must harness the outrage of our own memories to stamp out oppression wherever it exists. We must understand that human rights and human dignity are indivisible."

Yet look at us and where we stand.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="SquatsAreAwesom"]

[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"]Please keep the Holocaust out of this; it has nothing to do with Israel, and it certainly isn't something you should use to argue with considering the Holocaust was an absolute tragedy.nintend-man86

i agree with this. in the sence that muslims are being murdered in and any where around israel. in the same sence that jews were murdered in and anywhere outside of germany. so yes, this is EXTREMELY similar

It's not at all similar.

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#86 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Is it just me, or do those soldiers in that pic look photoshopped?UCF_Knight
It's not just you. Those are almost definitely fake.

Yeah looks photoshopped.
Plzhelpmelearn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Plzhelpmelearn
Member since 2010 • 1270 Posts
Why does Israel have control of East Jerusalem?
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 ghoklebutter
Why does Israel have control of East Jerusalem? Plzhelpmelearn
Because they like East Jerusalem.
Plzhelpmelearn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Plzhelpmelearn
Member since 2010 • 1270 Posts
[QUOTE="Plzhelpmelearn"]Why does Israel have control of East Jerusalem? ghoklebutter
Because they like East Jerusalem.

Or was it a result of the six day war and Arab aggression?
Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Pixel-Pirate

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Another day and another anti Israel thread. The problems over there go deeper than is alluded to here. And to point the finger at ONLY one side in the altercations is not accurate.dercoo

Because obviously anyone who has a problem with what Israel is doing to Palestinians is just ignorant. :|

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="dercoo"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Another day and another anti Israel thread. The problems over there go deeper than is alluded to here. And to point the finger at ONLY one side in the altercations is not accurate.Pixel-Pirate

Because obviously anyone who has a problem with what Israel is doing to Palestinians is just ignorant. :|

The Palestinians aren't innocent though.....
Taegukki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Taegukki
Member since 2005 • 13241 Posts

[QUOTE="dercoo"]

[QUOTE="SquatsAreAwesom"] Actually that sounds exactly like it. What part of this definition is not in line with what Israel has been doing? You're not going to tell me this is one big accident, are you?SquatsAreAwesom

move=destroyed:|

So you're suggesting that if you wipe out 20,000 Palestinian homes and push it's people into the desert, that isn't genocide?

That the combination of all the events that Israel is doing to the Palestinians, is not genocide?

Amazing.

By definition it is not genocide. I don't know why you're having trouble understanding the concept. Moving people to another area is not the same as killing them.
SquatsAreAwesom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 SquatsAreAwesom
The Palestinians aren't innocent though.....LJS9502_basic
Care to elaborate what the Palestinians who live in these 20k homes did to deserve this? I'm all ears. I've asked you three times now and you keep dodging the question.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]The Palestinians aren't innocent though.....SquatsAreAwesom
Care to elaborate what the Palestinians who live in these 20k homes did to deserve this? I'm all ears. I've asked you three times now and you keep dodging the question.

Does Hamas ring any bells?
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 ghoklebutter
[QUOTE="SquatsAreAwesom"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]The Palestinians aren't innocent though.....LJS9502_basic

What do they have to do with this?
SquatsAreAwesom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 SquatsAreAwesom
[QUOTE="SquatsAreAwesom"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]The Palestinians aren't innocent though.....LJS9502_basic

Hamas lives in E. Jerusalem? Hamas lives in those 20k homes? Do you even know what you are talking about?
Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Pixel-Pirate

[QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

[QUOTE="dercoo"]

LJS9502_basic

The Palestinians aren't innocent though.....

No one is ever 100% innocent. But if someones 10% guilty and the other party is 90% guilty, then that doesn't make them equal.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#98 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Right, because the 20,000 Palestinians who are being forced out of their homes are obviously responsible for the actions of Hamas:roll:

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Pixel-Pirate

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="SquatsAreAwesom"] Care to elaborate what the Palestinians who live in these 20k homes did to deserve this? I'm all ears. I've asked you three times now and you keep dodging the question.ghoklebutter

What do they have to do with this?

hamas is the catch all reason to do anything. Much like how "terr'ism" was the catch all reason to take away freedoms in the US after 911.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="SquatsAreAwesom"] Care to elaborate what the Palestinians who live in these 20k homes did to deserve this? I'm all ears. I've asked you three times now and you keep dodging the question.theone86

Right, because the 20,000 Palestinians who are being forced out of their homes are obviously responsible for the actions of Hamas:roll:

You know they were illegal settlements right?