Zelda has day 1 DLC 19.99$

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

10$ or 15$ tops would have been great. 20$ is still much cheaper than all the other season pass games though.

---------

the day 1 bonus content shouldnt be in the game. those are like little cheat treasure chests..it's right to be dlc..correct in my eyes.

the first dlc pack looks like it could have been in the game. not going to lie. hard mode should not be dlc.....should alreaady be in the game.

however the 2nd dlc with a expanded sidestory and new dungeon could only be dlc and couldnt have been in the game.

calway55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By calway55
Member since 2010 • 382 Posts

So will the eshop be open day one? How do you buy it? I saw a twitter someone posted that Amazon would be selling it.(probably code)

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@calway55: Nintendo did state eShop would be open day 1.

Ill buy it, looks like to be some interesting stuff.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

Fucking terrible and I hate Nintendo for it. **** you Nintendo. You were cool when you didn't do this greedy shit like the others do. They have now joined the asshole squad.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

The first pack seems pointless, I don't know how hard mode will differ from Hero Mode. But all the aspects of Hero mode are already in the base game, no heart drops and enemies do big damage. I would be interested in the second pack, but apparently they aren't being sold individually so I would be stuck with the season pass to get the extra dungeon and story content. I give Nintendo the benefit of the doubt about the quality of the DLC, because they have been pretty good on that front so far. But its so strange to see a season pass associated with Zelda lol.

@Litchie: Obvious Nintendo is doing DLC, so why are your surprised?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

@Sepewrath: I'm not surprised, just dissapointed. Ninty were one of the few devs left that finish their games before asking money for them and don't withold content to sell it later.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 iandizion713

@Sepewrath: You make a good point. Hard Mode has to be something unique as they can't do what they normally do in Hero Mode. You got me more hyped for it.

Jut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Jut
Member since 2015 • 250 Posts

I'll probably buy it after finishing the main quest.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

@Litchie:True, but it was bound to happen at some point. They aren't going to watch other publishers make money hand over fist and not want to do it themselves. We can only hope they are more CD Projekt Red than WB.

@iandizion713:lol I wouldn't hype it, but I figure it has to be something more than the standard hero mode--like I said, particularly given the hero mode is the base experience of the game. I hope its just not double the base experience :P

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 iandizion713

@Sepewrath: Would be cool if they take a more Dark Souls approach. Like make the AI smarter, stronger, and bigger in numbers.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

Paid online and season passes, I guess people got what they wanted, Nintendo is moving ahead with their time ^^

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12  Edited By tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
@Litchie said:

Fucking terrible and I hate Nintendo for it. **** you Nintendo. You were cool when you didn't do this greedy shit like the others do. They have now joined the asshole squad.

This, this, this, fucking this! This is horse shit! I can't believe they went and pretty much stooped to the same level as Capcom! If this is content that is available day 1, it shouldn't be content purposely separated from the main game. It should be apart of it...

I mean, it would be one thing if content was push to the side to be unlocked a la GC/GBA connectivity with the 3DS. I could've gotten more behind that idea. But this is definitely not the case...

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I'm down for this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#14 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I guess things have been going the DLC route for Nintendo for some time. The whole fiasco with Fire Emblem Fates is a pretty good example of it. As much as people want to knock this approach, Nintendo didn't just start doing it, and they are hardly the only ones in the game industry who've done it. Any half-sane businessman would do the same thing and get paid what people are willing to pay.

My feelings are a bit mixed on the matter. Do I think I would buy the DLC pack? Idk. It depends on what it includes. I know I'm already locked out of using a lot of optional things unless I own certain Amiibo, such as Wolf Link. My buddy told me your Wolf Link will be a lot stronger if you leveled up your Amiibo by doing well on the extra dungeon in Twilight Princess Wii-U, so Wii-U owners already might have an advantage over Switchers. I guess no matter how you look at it, I'm already not going to have access to a lot of stuff in the game. But, this being a Zelda game, I expect the main adventure to already have tons of great stuff in it, so I'll wait and see.