Your pet peeve about wii?

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 mov
Member since 2006 • 355 Posts
the motion controls are forced and unnecessary many times
ApeOverlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 147

#52 ApeOverlord
Member since 2005 • 1308 Posts

Online is only good for shopping. Pokemon Battle Revolution's wifi is terrible. I got jipped.

Brawl isn't out yet and that is the only game I ever wanted for the Wii.

hazbazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 hazbazz
Member since 2005 • 7709 Posts
That people are too busy buying Wii Fit and Big Brain Academy, so when a 3rd party company makes a decent propper game it doesn't sell, meaning devs don't take risks and we end up with Godzilla Unleashed and Cruis'n
Skie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 Skie7
Member since 2005 • 1031 Posts

VC games too are pricey. I'd spend much more money on VC games if they were about $2 less. With the current pricing structure, I am only willing to buy games I know are great. If the games were cheaper, I'd spend more money on the VC. At the very least, it'd be nice if they gave VC games with game purchases. Like Mario64 with the purchase of SMG, Super Metroid with the purchase of Metroid 3, SSB with the purchase of SSBB, OoT w/TP, etc.

fmacraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 fmacraze
Member since 2007 • 5658 Posts

the crappy online and lack of kickass graphics...

CanderD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 CanderD
Member since 2006 • 131 Posts

Nintendo is MILKING IT with the VC!!! NOBODY WANTS A COLLECTION OF CRAPPY OLD GAMES ON THE VC!!!

People just want THE GREAT GAMES like Super Metroid and Mario Bros 3. I dont know anybody who was really excited to see THE ADVENTURES OF LOLO! This makes me angry and I know it makes alot of Wii owners angry.

It's obvious what they are doing... They are streching out the 'GREATS' all over the lifespan of the Nintendo Wii (Which is about 3-5 years) to keep people buying VC games... If they put all the best old games on the VC at once not as many people would buy the crappy games.

slimdave21

My pet peeve about the Wii is the people that complain that the Wii wasn't made specifically for them...

Yeah, there are probably games on the VC that you may think are terrible, but others absolutely love. Personally, LOZ2 Link's Adventure is by far my favorite NES game, and its up in my top 10 games of all time, but most people despise the game. I had this game back when I didn't decide which games I owned and I played what my parents bought me. I've played through LOZ2 I would say about 20-30 times because I enjoy it that much. There are always going to be people that buy the games and enjoy them, just be happy that Nintendo is willing to accommodate those people as well.

trumpettruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 trumpettruck
Member since 2007 • 332 Posts
lack of dvd movie playback - and the occasional erratic motion if you don't have the wiimote pointed at the screen (camera controls for some games... aiming in MOHH2)
gmoneydogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 gmoneydogg
Member since 2008 • 35 Posts
biggest peeve is there still is no majora's mask for the virtual consle
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
I'm very satisfied with my Wii.
kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts

oooh, found another pet peeve in this thread - Wii owners who somehow find the energy to get annoyed by other people's gaming habits. You know, like finding it important enough to actually care what games other people like/don't like and what they choose to buy or not buy.

Adding a serious one, I'd have to second the post that said the lack of online updates/patches for games. While I don't have GH3, I definitely understand the mono sound issue and it is ridiculous for the publisher to have to remaster thousands of CDs. That should be a warning to Nintendo, because the risk associated with releasing games on the Wii is higher than other consoles that do have an online update system. You might say that game makers just need to do better QA of their games, and while that is true, that's also naive to market reality.

The other piece of the online update system is downloadable content. With the sports genre in particular, roster updates are practically a requirement. If the PS3/360 give them and the Wii doesn't, then Nintendo will lose those types of gamers to other consoles. And even with other games like GH3, other consoles give owners the ability to download new content whereas the Wii does not.

WylFret

ya man u said it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i remeber when the wiis features were annonced in nintendo power they made a huge deal about wii updates and how reveloutionary it was!(thats actually the word the magazine used reveloutionary) And the wii cant even update its own games? what is up with that? that type of online update is a staple in this gen of consoles! what happens if a game has a tiny glitch or a broken online feature! online gameplay is the biggest reason consoles need to update their own games! look at dbz bt3, the online is extremely laggy and full of glitches and it will never get fixed, and then moh2 has that small "ppl take to long to die " problem which isnt that big of a deal but any other console would have updated it in a day or two, just look at fps like halo 3, those games get their online updated every couple weeks to adjust how much damage gernades and certain weapons do to make the game as balanced as possible!

i dont want to go into dlc because that would be a whole other paragraph of rant!

newkid69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 newkid69
Member since 2007 • 293 Posts
the power. it should have had a little bit more.....at least 2 times more....8)
ihamlin35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 ihamlin35
Member since 2005 • 98 Posts
My pet peeve (and I think this is a real pet peeve) is that on Wii menu the VC games bounce from the title screen to NES, SNES, N64, ect. It should just stay on the title screen. It's annoying.
Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#63 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

The classic controller feels cheap, and should have been wireless.

ag1052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 ag1052
Member since 2006 • 5725 Posts
why the heck doesnt the wii fit board have a charging station
kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts

i remeber when ninteno power did an article called the 10 ways the wii will reveloutionize the gameing industry!

they actually had the nerve to list online as on of the top ways its a reveloutionary system! their online is far from reveloutionary seeing as how consoles have been doing it since dreamcast! and the wii has the most primative online system out of all the new gen consoles, FC's wtf?

Hello_Skitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Hello_Skitty
Member since 2008 • 275 Posts
Hmmm. Let's see...

I agree with the DVD thing...because I dislike having to disconnect the Wii to hook up the PS2 for movies. I wish I could just go out and get me one of those stupid multi-AV cable thingies. Anyway...also how long it takes to reconnect remotes sometimes. And yeah wireless wiimotes would be awesome.AND more online games! Better Wii channels. And stuff.

But the most important pet peeve of all is the fact that it didn't make me a cake for my birthday last Saturday.