Your feelings on the stripping of Wii Exclusives

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

So as many of you probably know, the game that was Goldeneye 007 Wii, is now being updated, made even better with 60FPS, more maps and all for the HD consoles due to their Whining.

Goldeneye 007: Crybaby HD Remake

What does the Wii get in return? Slapped. I mean, I'm hoping that now, the Wii or WiiU gets Perfect Dark to even this out because this is not fair to us that went out and supported Goldeneye Remake.

Also we all know about No More Heroes being stripped of its exclusitivity. But how many knew about the HD twins getting an updated version of House of the Dead Overkill? Yes, now they are getting that too. Complete upgrade from what we got as well. Next up, Monster Hunter Tri: The Left Out version with all new monsters, weapons, stages, armor, character models, and more. Only for the HD twins.

House of the Dead Overkill: Whiny Edition

Now I'm fine with everybody being able to play some games but if they going to do this, they should make alot of them available meaning no more exclusive COD (regardless of how many say it's being milked, the game is a gold mine and many people still enjoy it), Battlefield should be on the Wii, KOF 13 should be on the Wii (downgrade the graphics a bit), Marvel vs Capcom 3 should be on the Wii, TvC should be on the HD systems (which it probably will be now), etc.

Now I know some games should stay exclusive, got to have some reason to buy each console but if it was an exculsive, keep it exclusive.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#2 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
No More Heroes as well. BTW, losing Goldeneye as an exclusive is not a big deal. What a disappointment
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nini200
No More Heroes as well. BTW, losing Goldeneye as an exclusive is not a big deal. What a disappointmentGunSmith1_basic
No More Heroes is in the post already. The Wii/WiiU should get an even more updated Perfect Dark 64 because of this. Preferably the WiiU.
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts
Why wouldnt I want other people to enjoy great games? :? They won't be any less fun for you to play just because other people get to, stop whining
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
does anyone care that wii is losing The House of the Dead: Overkill as a exclusive? and golden eye meh big deal the wii one was overrated and only got love for nostalgia reasons if they want to make it into hd let them but i am someone that doesn't believe in exclusive games besides owned ips like mario, halo, uncharted besides that i believe games should be made for all systems
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nini200
Why wouldnt I want other people to enjoy great games? :? They won't be any less fun for you to play just because other people get to, stop whiningWreckEm711
:P I want Perfect Dark 64 remake on the Wii too. That way Us Wii owners can enjoy 4 player splitscreen w/ bots and online play as well. You just said yourself as did I in the last paragraph that its fine if others get the games but keep it fair, spread it to all the consoles.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#7 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

No More Heroes and Muramasa too right?

It's no Biggy really. They're so much cheaper on the Wii.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

It isn't really a big deal. It's been a few years since those Wii titles released, I've already played through them and enjoyed them. Though I don't know if it's worth pursuing releasing them for other platforms, unless this is an issue of developers/publishers wanting to make more money on those existing IPs. Even still, they won't make a lot of money on those platforms either as those games seem to either work well on the Wii only or are too niche for any other console market.

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

Not bothered by this.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

I'm tired of this whole one console schools the others concept. They're all good things to own. Even if the Wii has less exclusives I'm proud to own it and experience the great games for it (including the mulitplats and exclusives that are becoming not exclusives)

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#11 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
Just remember: It came to Wii first ;)
Nozizaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 Nozizaki
Member since 2007 • 1471 Posts
[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

WHAAAAAAAT?! Now I'm pissed. That was a beautiful game that won't be appreciated on HD consoles.
despa1r_fact0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13 despa1r_fact0r
Member since 2008 • 24611 Posts

LegatoSkyheart

know there were rumors of Muramasa and Odin Sphere getting HD ports for PSN/XBLA a year ago, but there hasn't been any thing confirmed yet - unless I missed something.

Vanillaware has Dragon's Crown coming for the Ps3/PSv though.

AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts

We did get the exclusives for a long time before the other consoles got them. Exclusives are becomming pretty rare nowadays so it's not really shocking. Still the Wii has more exclusives than the other consoles, at least for now I guess.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i was a bit mad also but...

we as wii owners did our job... the game sold really well and activision was so happy about it they made the game playable for everyone....we are the reason xbox and playstation gamers will play this game..
wii got its sales first and now we must join the christmas spirit and give..

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

[QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"]No More Heroes as well. BTW, losing Goldeneye as an exclusive is not a big deal. What a disappointmentnini200
No More Heroes is in the post already. The Wii/WiiU should get an even more updated Perfect Dark 64 because of this. Preferably the WiiU.

Microsoft owns Rare, so it is not going to happen. Losing 3 games is not the end of the world. No More Heroes 1 is 3 years old. House of the Dead is 2 years old. These games are not going to sell anything on other systems.

knuckl3head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 knuckl3head
Member since 2009 • 908 Posts

Next up, Monster Hunter Tri: The Left Out version with all new monsters, weapons, stages, armor, character models, and more. Only for the HD twins.

nini200

I would flip if that came true haha.

I share your frustration for instances like goldeneye and similar too. And its not even about being greedy and not wanting others to enjoy these games or for bragging rights over a product I never even made. It's the fact that I feel disrespected and unappreciated as a consumer for purchasing and supporting a product only to have somone else reep the benefits and not even so much as being acknowledged for it.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#18 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts

LegatoSkyheart
I haven't seen Muramasa ported on the other plats since that rumor started.
tom95b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 tom95b
Member since 2008 • 4999 Posts

Doesn't matter to me, don't own the other consoles so I couldn't have bought the games for those consoles anyway.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#20 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts
It's more embarassing for the non-Wii owners who always make fu of the Wii - they're now receiving software that we were done with years ago, and they'll be paying much more for the privilige.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
I feel its the business of the industry. so you might as well get use it to it. DMC, GTA, FF and a ton of other games lose their exclusivity coming into this gen. Bioshock, Assassins Creed, Demon's Souls, Mass Effect, all former exclusives. The 3rd party exclusive is becoming a rare commodity and as games get more and more expensive, its even less likely to see them. Its the reality of the industry, nothing to think about.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nini200

[QUOTE="nini200"]

Next up, Monster Hunter Tri: The Left Out version with all new monsters, weapons, stages, armor, character models, and more. Only for the HD twins.

knuckl3head

I share your frustration for instances like goldeneye and similar too. And its not even about being greedy and not wanting others to enjoy these games or for bragging rights over a product I never even made. It's the fact that I feel disrespected and unappreciated as a consumer for purchasing and supporting a product only to have somone else reep the benefits and not even so much as being acknowledged for it.

Yes, this is a slap in the face of us that purchased these games only to have better versions of the games we got sales up for, come out on the other consoles.
It's more embarassing for the non-Wii owners who always make fu of the Wii - they're now receiving software that we were done with years ago, and they'll be paying much more for the privilige.so_hai
Thats not completely true. Take Goldeneye for instance, now we were the ones that supported this game. We asked for some kind of update but never got it. Now guess what, the HD consoles are getting the new stages, possibly voice chat, The Ps3 version has Move support (which is the only way I'd play it on an HD console because Dual Analogs just is not up to date anymore), new characters, new single player story mode stages and more. All of this has been confirmed besides voice chat but its pretty safe to assume that they will have voice chat as well. We supported a product, and the company we supported said thanks now what we'll do for you is nothinh, here ya go HD twins, you get the better version.
hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#23 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
I feel its the business of the industry. so you might as well get use it to it. DMC, GTA, FF and a ton of other games lose their exclusivity coming into this gen. Bioshock, Assassins Creed, Demon's Souls, Mass Effect, all former exclusives. The 3rd party exclusive is becoming a rare commodity and as games get more and more expensive, its even less likely to see them. Its the reality of the industry, nothing to think about. Sepewrath
I would argue any company would jump on the chance of expanding their platforms, given the chance. So, pretty much, 3rd party exclusives only existed because either the company is too poor to afford a SDK for another console, or it's a first party that's publishing it. But, yeah, it's a part of business.
hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#24 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
[QUOTE="knuckl3head"]

[QUOTE="nini200"]

nini200
Yes, this is a slap in the face of us that purchased these games only to have better versions of the games we got sales up for, come out on the other consoles.
It's more embarassing for the non-Wii owners who always make fu of the Wii - they're now receiving software that we were done with years ago, and they'll be paying much more for the privilige.so_hai
Thats not completely true. Take Goldeneye for instance, now we were the ones that supported this game. We asked for some kind of update but never got it. Now guess what, the HD consoles are getting the new stages, possibly voice chat, The Ps3 version has Move support (which is the only way I'd play it on an HD console because Dual Analogs just is not up to date anymore), new characters, new single player story mode stages and more. All of this has been confirmed besides voice chat but its pretty safe to assume that they will have voice chat as well. We supported a product, and the company we supported said thanks now what we'll do for you is nothinh, here ya go HD twins, you get the better version.

Probably the worst case was NBA Jam on the Wii.
ugoo18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ugoo18
Member since 2010 • 1005 Posts

NBA Jam was the most BS exclusive to multiplat i've seen in a long time. It went from a Wii Exclusive to a Wii Multiplat (Wii had more content but no online and was sold seperately, unlike the PS360 version which was meant to come with another game) to a PS360 multiplat (HD twins recieved everything the Wii had and still had online and where sold seperately as well) to the Wii version being a glitchy beta that required you to either leave your Wii on with NBA Jam playing for nearly a week straight in order to unlock some things or download a hacked save file in order to fix the glitched achievements. Now the new edition NBA Jam On Fire edition isn't even coming out on the Wii even though the Wii version sold more than the PS360 versions did combined.

stizz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 stizz-
Member since 2011 • 728 Posts

Not upset at all since I own all 3 consoles. It took a while, but I managed to scrounge up the money for it.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Don't forget NBA jam

Alan-ex-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Alan-ex-
Member since 2007 • 559 Posts

I'm a huge HoTD fan, I got Overkill day 1, it's different from the originals but I still love it. I'm thinking on just buying a PS3 just for some dumb bonuses.

Goldeneye I only played campaign once, the only levels I replay are the first ones.
No More Heroes is just the first one with some characters from Desperate Struggle I think, so maybe they wont remake the second one?

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts
It doesnt really bother me.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
For those particular games I'm not really bothered, but exclusives are important, and it always really sucks when you buy a game and then a vastly superior version is released on a different console.
Crisis_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 Crisis_Eye
Member since 2006 • 1554 Posts

i was a bit mad also but...

we as wii owners did our job... the game sold really well and activision was so happy about it they made the game playable for everyone....we are the reason xbox and playstation gamers will play this game..
wii got its sales first and now we must join the christmas spirit and give..

KBFloYd

Very true and well put. Nintendo was the launching pad for these games, or the first stepping stone for the company that made it. Now the company will hopefully come back to Nintendo to put some more exclusives on their consoles. =)

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36041 Posts

I used to care, but now as long as I get to play them I don't care.

pikaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 pikaby
Member since 2006 • 12720 Posts

nini200

PSP already has an expanded version of Tri with new monsters, weapons, stages and all that, only with slightly less graphical power. Only in Japan though.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

Well it doesn't seem like monster hunter is going anywhere else (as the original post hinted at), but there is a different one coming to the vita and ps3 so that may have been the cause for the confusion. Plus, every monster hunter seems to build on the previous, so it's not like one version is better, it's basically which one you prefer.

Other than that I do find it annoying that goldeneye is going to other consoles since one of the games I want to get the Wii for at the end of the summer is goldeneye (and monster hunter). I still think the Wii has some great exclusivies, just look at the mario games, metroid games, and the upcoming entry to the zelda series. These exclusives alone are what is making me get a Wii, they're just really great games that you rarely even see a knock off version of on other consoles. Really, the Wii is the only console to have a good selection of platformers, with the only noticable one on the other systems being Alice: Madness Returns. I don't think the Wii is losing any exclusives that make it stand out on its own since they still have the nintendo exclusives, which ultimately are the best ones. Granted, losing games isn't fun to see, especially after they've been out for a year or two and all of a sudden make the switch.

Basically, the Wii still has enough of their top exclusives that it doesn't overly matter if they lose a few (sadly goldeneye is being lost as an exclusive, I remember when that was coming out and it was neat to see it going back to the Wii).

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
Goldeneye on the Wii was so bad anyway
Jurassic85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jurassic85
Member since 2010 • 2191 Posts

Goldeneye on the Wii was so bad anywaySoAmazingBaby

This.

TC, make a thread like this when Mario and Link are playable on Microsoft and Sony consoles. Do you really think that this is due to "whining"? No, its due to wanted to make money. Besides, Goldeneye Wii is such an eyesore. I would love to play it in HD, with voice chat that allows me to discuss with my teammates what strategy we should use on Black Box mode. Its not like Nintendo is losing all of its MAIN exclusives. There is still plenty of reason to support Ninty in the future.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nini200

[QUOTE="SoAmazingBaby"]Goldeneye on the Wii was so bad anywayJurassic85

This.

TC, make a thread like this when Mario and Link are playable on Microsoft and Sony consoles. Do you really think that this is due to "whining"? No, its due to wanted to make money. Besides, Goldeneye Wii is such an eyesore. I would love to play it in HD, with voice chat that allows me to discuss with my teammates what strategy we should use on Black Box mode. Its not like Nintendo is losing all of its MAIN exclusives. There is still plenty of reason to support Ninty in the future.

I'm sorry but Zelda isnt enough to merit buying a console in my opinion. Goldeneye Wii was good regardless of what you think and it was due to whining that alot of the titles get HD Remakes. Sure making money plays a role but if enough people whine that they want a game (outside of 1st party exclusives) that the other system(s) have, then the company sees possibility to make money thus resulting in, dun dun dun daaaa, A version for the whiners console. I'd love to play an upgraded HD Version with voice chat as well (You, me and everybody else who's played any game that has voice chat knows the rarity of seeing people use it go "discuss battle plans, strategies, etc", most just use voice chat to make fun, tease, scream, say abusive things to others) but I'd rather play it on the WiiU.

As stated earlier, The ability of others to play it isnt the issue, its that when a game comes out as Exclusive, then you go spend your money supporting it and then the company you just supported turns around and makes the game available to other consoles but make it better for close to the same price, like EA did with NBA JAM and other games (regardless of if YOU like the game or not) it sucks, especially when there is no word of the updated version coming to the console that made it popular.
Jurassic85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Jurassic85
Member since 2010 • 2191 Posts

I'm sorry but Zelda isnt enough to merit buying a console in my opinion.nini200

I never said that, but Zelda and Mario are Nintendo's two biggest exclusives. Not to mention that in addition to Mario platformers there are also Mario Kart and Smash Bros that people buy Nintendo's consoles for. You can't whine about a 3rd party exlusive being ported to other consoles when the 1st party ones (the real reason we buy Nintendo) are still safe.

you go spend your money supporting it and then the company you just supported turns around and makes the game available to other consoles but make it better for close to the same price

If you bought Goldeneye Wii to support the company that made it, then you were supporting Activision, and you should not be at all suprised that they are now trying to make more money off the product, that's their "thing". As someone said before, does it matter if other gamers get to play it? It doesn't make your experience any worse, keep having fun. In fact it increases mass appeal and makes the chances of a sequel more likely, you should be happy about that potential.

duron2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 duron2
Member since 2006 • 234 Posts

I would look at it as a two way street. They can strip some of our Wii Exclusives but more will take their place. Also other consoles may lose their exclusives and make it onto the Wii.

stizz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 stizz-

I would look at it as a two way street. They can strip some of our Wii Exclusives but more will take their place. Also other consoles may lose their exclusives and make it onto the Wii.

duron2

Who would care? You think a game coming from one of the other consoles would actually be better on the Wii?

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

[QUOTE="duron2"]

stizz-

Who would care? You think a game coming from one of the other consoles would actually be better on the Wii?

There have been several instances where this is the case, tiger woods, force unleashed 2, etc

Nozizaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42 Nozizaki
Member since 2007 • 1471 Posts

[QUOTE="duron2"]

stizz-

No, but some games sell better on Wii because they have a niche. Why did Goldeneye do so well? Why did Tatsunoko vs Capcom do so well? Because fighters and shooters are severely lacking on Wii. Thus, if you want a good fighter or shooter on Wii, you get one of those games. It gives them a niche.

And the complete lack of motion control support on the 360 Version of Goldeneye will keep me from buying it.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

[QUOTE="duron2"]

stizz-

FPS controls are infinitely better on Wii, and since the majority of major titles are shooters it would make sense that they could be better on Wii. Of course it would be a trade off since the Wii has so much less power.
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

This is why people should buy consoles for the first party software. Third party games are just a bonus. Third parties are going to make as much money as they can.

stizz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 stizz-

[QUOTE="stizz-"]

[QUOTE="duron2"]

Nozizaki

No, but some games sell better on Wii because they have a niche. Why did Goldeneye do so well? Why did Tatsunoko vs Capcom do so well? Because fighters and shooters are severely lacking on Wii. Thus, if you want a good fighter or shooter on Wii, you get one of those games. It gives them a niche.

And the complete lack of motion control support on the 360 Version of Goldeneye will keep me from buying it.

I really don't think you'd want to see Kinect controls in Goldeneye.

At any rate I prefer PC controls for my shooters. The mouse is still the smoothest way to aim and the keyboard has plenty of buttons.

Avatar image for themagicbum9720
themagicbum9720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 themagicbum9720
Member since 2007 • 6536 Posts
i don't care.
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#47 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Does not affect me. I have the Wii plus the PS3 and Xbox 360. So any console game is available for me to play.I just have to buy the copy for whichever console. The publishers are the ones who make the decision to port the games over.

So just buy an Xbox 360 or a PS3. They are 299.99 new. or cheaper used at EB games. Then you can have any exclusive games you want.