WTF is with the bad games, and few good ones

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GSF_Best_Raider
GSF_Best_Raider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 GSF_Best_Raider
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Why the hell would someone make a Jenga game for the wii or bring back some lame old character that doesn't even say a word(nights). Why do game makers put all the good games on the 360(Halo 3, BioShock, Crack-Down, GoW, GTA 7) and they wont put a single GTA or any other good title on the Wii. I even see Resident Evil 5 isn't for the Wii WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is the obsession with no war/action/m rated games! All we want is more games like Metroid Prime 3:Corruption, Resident Evil 4 and Legend Of Zelda+other great titles. Seriously Nintendo needs 2 shapen their act B4 the PS3 gets ahead of them. No more anime in games, no more terrible and pointless kiddie games(for a while), more action, and graphics like in Metroid Prime 3 or Resident Evil 4. The only good games i'm looking forward to is Super Smash Bros Brawl and Sonic Riders Zero Gravity, and............. Sure we have great games like Sims 2 Castaway, Medal Of Honor 2, and Call Of Duty 4, but look at how good the 360 is doing. This has nothing to do with not playing the Wii. I mean the real point is Wii has 2 many terrible games like Arctic Tale, Anubis 2, Jenga, One Piece, Bleach, Boogie, and many others. How could you mess up on RAW it's impossible. Maybe Nintendo needs new managment or something b/c im sick of the bad games. NO i am not leaving the Wii 4 a PS3 or 360
ag1052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ag1052
Member since 2006 • 5725 Posts
what do you mean "Maybe Nintendo needs new managment or something" dont blame nintendo because third parties keep making crap on the wii...
heyheydoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 heyheydoh
Member since 2005 • 1859 Posts
HUGE install base = Less focus on better games just to put some out to make a quick buck. Unless 3rd party devs actually want to make good games you can really only count on Nintendo for those classic hits.
Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts

Yeah, it's not Nintendo's fault when third parties keep making bad games. And it seems that your personal preference doesn't entirely suit the Wii.

Oh and NiGHTS looks great in my opinion. Does that mean I'm wrong?:|

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
So the Wii games are bad because they are not rated M? Let me guess, you are not even old enough to buy M rated games?
ag1052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ag1052

Yeah, it's not Nintendo's fault when third parties keep making bad games. And it seems that your personal preference doesn't entirely suit the Wii.

Dark_Link142
nights seems like it is going to be one of those love/hate games... while the TC may not be excited about it there are tons of people who are, he shouldnt have lumped it in with games like Jenga.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

Maybe Nintendo needs new managment or something b/c im sick of the bad games.GSF_Best_Raider

You do realize that almost all of the "few good ones" are made by Nintendo, right ? :|

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts
WTF is it with the people making threads about the Wii needing more mindless shooters not being able to form a post which is readable...
aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts

3rd party publishers would quit making crappy games if people quit buying them. Ever since the Wii's specs were released we knew it wouldn't get a lot of AAA 3rd party titles.

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts
[QUOTE="Dark_Link142"]

ag1052

nights seems like it is going to be one of those love/hate games... while the TC may not be excited about it there are tons of people who are, he shouldnt have lumped it in with games like Jenga.

Ugh, Jenga...

I wonder how these 'games' get to be their own entire game? The least they could do is make several other games and make a compilation or something. But then again I think that they should never make such games in the first place.

Androu1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Androu1
Member since 2006 • 513 Posts

Even if it's mostly 3rd party publishers fault,Nintendo should have a minimum required quality and if a game doesn't meet it,the game just won't even reach stores.

And yes,the Wii should have more M rated games...but whatever,the E and T games are still fun.If you want M games go get a PS3.Most of the games for the PS2 where either T or M,so I bet the PS3 is gonna be kind of the same.I mean,Sony has GTA series :P

rustyshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rustyshark
Member since 2006 • 85 Posts

well actually i thought the same as all of you. ive had the wii since launch and have always had nintendo consoles. and yes i do own every top wii title, as well as a bunch of trash titles. but a few weeks ago i decided to get a 360 because i wanted to play bioshock, the orange box, gears of war, call of duty 4 and all the great games that get all the publicity and whatever and man i have to admit. this nintendo fan boy was blown away. now i love my wii, but the 360 is AWESOME. Gears of War has become my favorite game of all time. I havent even touched my Wii since I got the 360. And I dont see myself goin back to it for a lil while. But the wii is awesome in its own right controls wise, but 360 controls are not bad even tho its button mashing. best controller besides wii ever imo. but the graphics, and physics of the 360 surpass the wii and gameplay is just as awesome.

So if you are unhappy with your wii get a 360. u will be happy

aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts

Even if it's mostly 3rd party publishers fault,Nintendo should have a minimum required quality and if a game doesn't meet it,the game just won't even reach stores.Androu1

It's not Nintendo's job to police 3rd party publishers for quality. In any industry, that's the responsibility of the consumer.

l8bitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 l8bitz
Member since 2004 • 3251 Posts
Would the Good ones look so great if there wasn't tons of crap to compare it with?
ag1052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ag1052
Would the Good ones look so great if there wasn't tons of crap to compare it with?l8bitz
lol... they would still look so great because people would just compaire it to the Gamecube line up or someother systems lineup
l8bitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 l8bitz

[QUOTE="l8bitz"]Would the Good ones look so great if there wasn't tons of crap to compare it with?ag1052
lol... they would still look so great because people would just compaire it to the Gamecube line up or someother systems lineup

To be fair though, you have to take ALL the crap from all consoles then. So to make it fair... how about we pit Mario Galaxy in a deathmatch with Crysis?

BasementGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BasementGamer
Member since 2007 • 105 Posts
It comes down to this. Nintendo doesn't have a standard of quality or a set criteria for a game to meet to be released on the Wii. Microsoft and Sony do have a set criteria for each game to meet, therefore not as many low quality games are released on the 360 and PS3. With that said, the Wii has some really great third party games, you just have to do a little research to seperate the bad from the good.
Devil_Gunman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Devil_Gunman
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
in my opinion, nintedo tries to innovate 2 much and making videos games suitable to the controls and full potential of the wii's controls withouth exagerating 2 much is hard, thats why ssbb is coming with the d-pad and b a buttons =P. humans are creatures of habit.
l8bitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 l8bitz

It comes down to this. Nintendo doesn't have a standard of quality or a set criteria for a game to meet to be released on the Wii. Microsoft and Sony do have a set criteria for each game to meet, therefore not as many low quality games are released on the 360 and PS3. With that said, the Wii has some really great third party games, you just have to do a little research to seperate the bad from the good.BasementGamer

Do you happen to have a link to this statement of quality? I'd like to read it. Also, I heard that Nintendo had canned Project Hammer due to a quality issue.

WolfWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 WolfWatch
Member since 2007 • 882 Posts

it's not about being rated M that makes the games good.

yea i would love to see those games on Wii. But if they released all those games for all 3 consoles, I feel that Wii would have the fewest seller !BECAUSE! the general person that wants to play those games buys a PS3 or an XBox 360.

BasementGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BasementGamer
Member since 2007 • 105 Posts

[QUOTE="BasementGamer"]It comes down to this. Nintendo doesn't have a standard of quality or a set criteria for a game to meet to be released on the Wii. Microsoft and Sony do have a set criteria for each game to meet, therefore not as many low quality games are released on the 360 and PS3. With that said, the Wii has some really great third party games, you just have to do a little research to seperate the bad from the good.l8bitz

Do you happen to have a link to this statement of quality? I'd like to read it. Also, I heard that Nintendo had canned Project Hammer due to a quality issue.

EGM did a huge article about this in one of their recent issues. I can't remember which one. The article laid out all the details. Sorry, no internet link. I could probably find a link on the net somewhere that contains the information provided in the article but I don't want to waste my time seraching for it. If you're skeptic of this then so be it. Nothing I can do about it. I suggest you do your own research to find out the truth if you don't believe me.

APOLLOCJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 APOLLOCJD
Member since 2007 • 2311 Posts

So the Wii games are bad because they are not rated M? Let me guess, you are not even old enough to buy M rated games?Rocky32189

I don't think it has to do with M but more the fact that with so many titles and the the average ratings for the majorty of the games being so low. It makes it hard one gamers with only a Wii console who want to see more AAA titiles but are only left with a small handful when it has potential to have so many more.

Camble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 Camble
Member since 2006 • 215 Posts
I started a topic like this and got a warning from a mod. But, I agree. There isn't any Wii games that are outside of the usuall Nintendo staples (Zelda, Mario, Metroid...) that get any kind of attention.
onesimos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 onesimos
Member since 2005 • 320 Posts
[QUOTE="Androu1"]

Even if it's mostly 3rd party publishers fault,Nintendo should have a minimum required quality and if a game doesn't meet it,the game just won't even reach stores.aransom

It's not Nintendo's job to police 3rd party publishers for quality. In any industry, that's the responsibility of the consumer.

Nintendo policing third-party publishers will be counter-productive because this will only alienate them and make it difficult for Nintendo to get their support. If consumers want quality and minimal standards, they just need to say "no" (by "voting" with their pockets) to poorly-made games.

rustyshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rustyshark
Member since 2006 • 85 Posts

360 is the way to go outside of the wii. ps3 shouldnt even be an option.

the 360 may have alot of hardware problems, but at least for me i am technical enough to repair it.

the wii is an awesome experience tho. i find myself wishing for wii controls while playing call of duty 4 and other fps. however id rather have the great graphics and physics of the 360 with normal controls compared to wii control with subpar graphics and whatever.

wii60 is the way to go but if you can only get one get the 360 by far. and this is coming from a hardcore nintendo fan.

TheLordMagnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheLordMagnus
Member since 2006 • 3783 Posts
Whether you believe it or not, the amount of crap games out for the system are a sign of its health. Because of the console's success everyone is trying to cash in on it.
Camble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 Camble
Member since 2006 • 215 Posts
The problem with relying on consumers to vote with their pockets is that Wii is the hottest toy on the shelves, 6-10 year olds get whatever crappy games their uniformed parents are buying, and with all of the kids playing it, most won't notice which games are crappy and which are good.
blingchu55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 blingchu55
Member since 2007 • 3098 Posts

If you look at the 360 it has plenty of crap, and the PS3 is 99% crap.

ct1257860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#33 ct1257860
Member since 2006 • 4441 Posts

Why the hell would someone make a Jenga game for the wii or bring back some lame old character that doesn't even say a word(nights). Why do game makers put all the good games on the 360(Halo 3, BioShock, Crack-Down, GoW, GTA 7) and they wont put a single GTA or any other good title on the Wii. I even see Resident Evil 5 isn't for the Wii WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is the obsession with no war/action/m rated games! All we want is more games like Metroid Prime 3:Corruption, Resident Evil 4 and Legend Of Zelda+other great titles. Seriously Nintendo needs 2 shapen their act B4 the PS3 gets ahead of them. No more anime in games, no more terrible and pointless kiddie games(for a while), more action, and graphics like in Metroid Prime 3 or Resident Evil 4. The only good games i'm looking forward to is Super Smash Bros Brawl and Sonic Riders Zero Gravity, and............. Sure we have great games like Sims 2 Castaway, Medal Of Honor 2, and Call Of Duty 4, but look at how good the 360 is doing. This has nothing to do with not playing the Wii. I mean the real point is Wii has 2 many terrible games like Arctic Tale, Anubis 2, Jenga, One Piece, Bleach, Boogie, and many others. How could you mess up on RAW it's impossible. Maybe Nintendo needs new managment or something b/c im sick of the bad games. NO i am not leaving the Wii 4 a PS3 or 360GSF_Best_Raider
Why the hell would someone make a Jenga game for the wii or bring back some lame old character that doesn't even say a word(nights). Why do game makers put all the good games on the 360(Halo 3, BioShock, Crack-Down, GoW, GTA 7) and they wont put a single GTA or any other good title on the Wii. I even see Resident Evil 5 isn't for the Wii WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is the obsession with no war/action/m rated games! All we want is more games like Metroid Prime 3:Corruption, Resident Evil 4 and Legend Of Zelda+other great titles. Seriously Nintendo needs 2 shapen their act B4 the PS3 gets ahead of them. No more anime in games, no more terrible and pointless kiddie games(for a while), more action, and graphics like in Metroid Prime 3 or Resident Evil 4. The only good games i'm looking forward to is Super Smash Bros Brawl and Sonic Riders Zero Gravity, and............. Sure we have great games like Sims 2 Castaway, Medal Of Honor 2, and Call Of Duty 4, but look at how good the 360 is doing. This has nothing to do with not playing the Wii. I mean the real point is Wii has 2 many terrible games like Arctic Tale, Anubis 2, Jenga, One Piece, Bleach, Boogie, and many others. How could you mess up on RAW it's impossible. Maybe Nintendo needs new managment or something b/c im sick of the bad games. NO i am not leaving the Wii 4 a PS3 or 360GSF_Best_Raider

lol l ol lo lol ololol u said gta 7!

rsnow7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 rsnow7
Member since 2005 • 342 Posts

You are a bit too early to complain about something like that!From the start, the Wii was growing slowly until games like Super Mario Galaxy and MP3: Corruption came along. Those games made the Wii grow popular more quickly, and games like Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart Wii will continue adding on to its popularity. Even if third-party games ruin some of the Wii's reputation, it isn't Nintendo's resonsibility. And besides, most of the good games on the Xbox 360 seem to have been made this year, and the Xbox has been out about a year longer than the Wii. The year 2008 will be a good one for the Wii.

Haze_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Haze_101
Member since 2007 • 346 Posts

...The only good games i'm looking forward to is Super Smash Bros Brawl and Sonic Riders ZeroGravity...GSF_Best_Raider

you lost all credibility with me right there...and stop ranting those games are coming they were just taking babysteps with scarface and the godfather to see if they'll sell trust me the type of games you want are coming jus give it a year or so maybe less

l8bitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 l8bitz
[QUOTE="l8bitz"]

[QUOTE="BasementGamer"]It comes down to this. Nintendo doesn't have a standard of quality or a set criteria for a game to meet to be released on the Wii. Microsoft and Sony do have a set criteria for each game to meet, therefore not as many low quality games are released on the 360 and PS3. With that said, the Wii has some really great third party games, you just have to do a little research to seperate the bad from the good.BasementGamer

EGM did a huge article about this in one of their recent issues. I can't remember which one. The article laid out all the details. Sorry, no internet link. I could probably find a link on the net somewhere that contains the information provided in the article but I don't want to waste my time seraching for it. If you're skeptic of this then so be it. Nothing I can do about it. I suggest you do your own research to find out the truth if you don't believe me.

Sorry I didn't mean to come across as a narrow minded skeptic, I'm just like everybody else. Which is too lazy to find out such information on our own :P

srg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 srg1
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
It seems to me that you need to buy an Xbox 360. You can keep your wii but there are certain types of games that come out for each game system and it seems that your prefrence of games suits the xbox 360. I myself find that i like alot of games that seem to be comin out for the xbox 360. The xbox 360 may have bad hardware but it seems that your gaming prefrence suits the xbox 360 so then you buy one andget the best of both worlds. Wii and 360
Swifty_Magee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Swifty_Magee
Member since 2003 • 1130 Posts
Why do I have the feeling that the guy who posted this thread is like, twelve?
Jakendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Jakendo
Member since 2007 • 3841 Posts

Why do I have the feeling that the guy who posted this thread is like, twelve?Swifty_Magee

Maybe his grammar?

Avatar image for KINGmastergamer
KINGmastergamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 KINGmastergamer
Member since 2006 • 116 Posts
i agree wit u to an extent like i rlly think they do have a lot of bad games and not a lot ofgood ones
-shmelo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#41 -shmelo-
Member since 2006 • 931 Posts

NiGHTS is soft, simple level based action game that will lack the sheer interactivity and cinematic quality standards that are prominent on 360 and now PS3.

The Wii is going to fail in the eyes of actual gamers, we see through the crappy motion controls. They are no different then pushing buttons, Nintendo just did good advertising of the "new" controls. Shaking a remote is less responsive then just pushing a button in its place. 3rd party developers try to use too complex of motion controls then fail falt on their face. Nintendo's own games hardly use motion controls, and would be better if they didn't have any motion controls at all.

Plus the whole "graphics don't matter" also leads to quality of interactivity and selection as the developers of assassins creed said no to Wii because they didn't want to scale the game down for it.... when a developer refuses your console cuz its weak, you have a problem.

I'm happy with Metroid and Mario Galaxy (I gots Twilight, but its also on GC so isn't really a good point for Wii) and I will get BRAWL, but thats when the games end. No More Heroes looks like it can be better, plus it will inadvertantly have to dink around with the motion controls...

PS3 catching up and will pass Nintendo and 360. Its called Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy 13 (and 13 Versus) and God of War 3. All of them very different games, and the PS3 has a good lineup now (Ratchet and CLank, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk and the other second party multi-plat titles like AC COD4 and UT3). The major titles for Sony are not even out yet and there are more good games then the Wii.

toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#42 toadster101
Member since 2006 • 12622 Posts
It's not Nintendo's fault and it is Nintendo's fault at the same time.
tgh93_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 tgh93_29
Member since 2007 • 1483 Posts
last time i checked there was no cod4 on the wi.............research......
tgh93_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 tgh93_29
Member since 2007 • 1483 Posts

[QUOTE="Swifty_Magee"]Why do I have the feeling that the guy who posted this thread is like, twelve?Jakendo

Maybe his grammar?

or lack of general knowledge of his topic?!

kingmickey2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 kingmickey2
Member since 2006 • 759 Posts

what do you mean "Maybe Nintendo needs new managment or something" dont blame nintendo because third parties keep making crap on the wii... ag1052

lol, I talked with Reggie and he said that when he retires I get to be presedent :)

icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts

i'm gonna just take a crack at and say your about...hm...13? 14?

dragonball3900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dragonball3900
Member since 2005 • 8511 Posts

I don't see why people care so much about lower then average games. Just don't buy them. The PS2 had a lot of mediocre games, the DS has a decent amount of them. But did that stop me from buying them? The Wii may have a lot of these mediocre games, but there are still plenty (shocking, I know)of games worth picking up.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#48 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
I think what devs are doing are seeing that the main people buying the wii are in the younger age group. So they just make quick crappy games that seem to appeal to small children. That way parents buy them for there kids. They also use the trick of introducing a game on the very popular DS and then make a crap wii game, parents already know this brand and series because they bought it for there kids a year ago and now they decide to buy a 50 dollar version of it for there kids. At least this is the case with Brain Age and Big Brain Academy, and Cooking momma IMO.
APOLLOCJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 APOLLOCJD
Member since 2007 • 2311 Posts
I would like to see more AAA titles other then from the big 3 with the wii (mario, zelda, metroid). Until that happens I think only Nintendo is to blame for not giving incentives to 3rd party developers for orginal and high quality games.