wow...I literally feel like breaking my mario kart wii...

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
There are to many carts and way to many items that hurt everyone. Like the stupid mushroom jumping track someone releases anything you fall in.
TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 TAKE_IT_BACK
Member since 2008 • 3850 Posts
I still like MK, but it is one of the more frustrating games in the series. Lighning/red shell/blue shell/hit by bullet bill= 12th:(
Vikthorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 Vikthorious
Member since 2007 • 201 Posts

well..a recomendation...when u r in 150cc..in 3rd lap slow down until u get 3rd... keep in that position...and just speed up in last lap... it works for me....cause i always get first with just tiny seconds than the 2nd coomputer... and yes...i agree with the guy who said the items are unbalanced

DS_Lightning21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 DS_Lightning21
Member since 2007 • 741 Posts

Lately, I've been getting bored of all these current-generation easy games and missed the old school NES super-difficult games. I'm glad Nintendo's bringing back difficult games, and who would've thought Mario Kart Wii was one of them? Ha! Ha!

I love Mario Kart Wii!

ECG_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 ECG_24
Member since 2008 • 1653 Posts

Lately, I've been getting bored of all these current-generation easy games and missed the old school NES super-difficult games. I'm glad Nintendo's bringing back difficult games, and who would've thought Mario Kart Wii was one of them? Ha! Ha!

I love Mario Kart Wii!

DS_Lightning21

I agree, it also makes it more rewarding when you beat the difficult parts of it.

--ProtoMan--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 --ProtoMan--
Member since 2007 • 1376 Posts
[QUOTE="metroidfood"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Practice and learn how to use everything in the game

Very little in the game is chance. If you build the right course and hoard the right power ups you have control over how most of the race plays out as long as you don't suck driving.

Jaysonguy

Lawlz? Mario Kart has always been easily influenced by luck. 1 Blue Shell/Lighting/etc. and you're toast.

Influenced? Yes.

Determined? Not at all

The game is filled with so many nuances it's ridiculous. People new to the series think it's all luck but once you put some time into it you're able to "make your own luck" so to speak

Yeah... of course blue shells are a bummer, but if you know how to use banana peels and green shells defensively (mainly holding them behind you), you can block most attacks and keep the lead.

pikma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 pikma
Member since 2004 • 483 Posts
this game is so stupid...I am totally winning in special cup and then I get spike shelled while going up a ramp in bowsers castle so I fall in the lava, then I get red shelled, and then I take another red shell and I end up in 6th...then im basically screwed in rainbow road..its totally frustrating...unknowndrk

Yup, that's the reason why I didn't buy this game...
starmetroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 starmetroid
Member since 2007 • 5000 Posts
[QUOTE="starwarsgeek112"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Very little in the game is chance. If you build the right course and hoard the right power ups you have control over how most of the race plays out as long as you don't suck driving.

metroidfood

That's not true, you can be in 1st for most of the race only to get blue shelled right before the finish line and come in last. Happened to me on more than one occasion. Mario Kart is like poker, it takes skill but a lot of the time it just comes down to luck.

I like this guy's metaphor so I'll just bold it and be on my way.

doctores143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#62 doctores143
Member since 2007 • 3016 Posts
I know the games weapons are way too powerful! The item balance in double dash was perfect but all of a sudden in mario kart ds the item balance was terrible!
Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts

I know the games weapons are way too powerful! The item balance in double dash was perfect but all of a sudden in mario kart ds the item balance was terrible!doctores143

I didn't find it terrible in DS.

Jayesler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 Jayesler12
Member since 2006 • 1690 Posts

Jaysonguy
you're right, the game isn't all chance, its just cheap. and some times you don't have control over "how the race plays out." the items and CPU AI are unbalanced. You can't control if a blue shell hits you or not or if a lightning cloud keeps striking you as you drive over a pit of lava. And most of the time its hard to avoid getting hit with a red shell without a banana peel or something.
penamat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 penamat
Member since 2006 • 328 Posts

Reality.

tommy--F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 tommy--F
Member since 2008 • 502 Posts
[QUOTE="metroidfood"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

Lawlz? Mario Kart has always been easily influenced by luck. 1 Blue Shell/Lighting/etc. and you're toast.

Influenced? Yes.

Determined? Not at all

The game is filled with so many nuances it's ridiculous. People new to the series think it's all luck but once you put some time into it you're able to "make your own luck" so to speak

j-guy is right ya know.

There will always be times where you get ****ed over by a blue shell right before the finish line but for the most part everything else can be prevented. just hang on to the good items and always have a shell/banana dangling behind you to block other shells etc... i got minimum of 1 star rating on all 150cc cups first or second time i tried, just get on the mach bike and drift/wheelie your way through, it's not that bad

imastryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 imastryker
Member since 2007 • 38 Posts

I love this installment in the series. I mean, sure, items are more unbalanced than ever and it seems like when near the finish you get slammed by a bunch of unnavoidable items at once and end up by going from 1st to last (its almost like the computer does it deliberatly... lol) but i think that is part of what makes mario kart what it is. unlike other racing games, hardcore and casual gamers can play and have fun. Also, unlike in other racing games, if you are in last you actually have a chance at winning. Items and hectic racing makes it so that no one is without chance of winning, as people are constantly getting bashed around and obliterated every second.

GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts
it is pretty annoying, but I just suggest that you go into one of the other modes that the game has, play there for a while, and then go back to Grand Prix later.
meinink2y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 meinink2y
Member since 2007 • 657 Posts
150cc Special Cup rapes me every day, and I don't apprecciate it.
Avatar image for ColonialMustard
ColonialMustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ColonialMustard
Member since 2006 • 318 Posts

I know it can feel kind of cheap when you're in first place and you get raped by blue shells and get sent back to 12th place..... But when you're in 12th you get the best weapons. All you need is a star or bullet bill and you'll be back in 1st place in a matter of seconds. Of course if you're actually any good at MK Wii, you can get so far ahead that a blue shell won't matter. Practice makes perfect!

Sabin55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#72 Sabin55
Member since 2008 • 361 Posts

No one has stated the flip side to this.

When someone is in first place.. mostly on a long tack.. do you notice how far ahead they get. This is because the person behind you is going to get a red,green,mushroom, or banana. Not something that is going to take you out. You can easily block the red shell.. for everyone else on the track there are stars, three reds, bullets, many green shells, bumps coming at you from behind. So even the 2nd place person is going to get hit with more things. All the people behind the first place person are going to keep getting hit and losing speed and time, putting the leader farther ahead from the pack.

Now even the bolts, Pows, ect are going to hit everyone else. As long as you can get a nice lead to where a few blue shells wont affect you and there is a group around the 2nd place person each taking each other out,, you wont be caught.. this is assuming you stay on the track.

On a shorter track where you dont pull ahead it's anyones game where the lead changes often.

Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
Yeah, Mario Kart can get frustrating like that.
chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#74 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

metroidfood

if every single time you get struck with lighting or hit by a Blue Shell causes you to loose....you aren't a very good MK player

I think in the end people expected to be better at MK than they thought...it doesn't matter how much people complain, its a game that relies on some luck but ultimately strategy.

Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#75 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts

this game is so stupid...I am totally winning in special cup and then I get spike shelled while going up a ramp in bowsers castle so I fall in the lava, then I get red shelled, and then I take another red shell and I end up in 6th...then im basically screwed in rainbow road..its totally frustrating...unknowndrk

have you never play MK before?? go to jordan`s blog...

someone that buy the game should know.. MK = skills + LUCK.... guess is not for you....

if you want to test just skill, that i what ghost data and time track are for....

sonictls9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 sonictls9
Member since 2007 • 32 Posts

Yup... another story. It's sad how this game does this to people. :P I had an incident happen to me that I wish I could have recorded. I'm in first place racing on Toad's Factory - the last course of the cup - and I'm at the part where the Mii's are in the cars. Bam! Red shell... I recover and start driving. Bam! Blue Shell... and as I'm falling back to the ground...lightning. I look at the map and see the rest of the group is right near me... I can see the finish line now. Nope, Bowser's lightning cloud hits me and I shrink a second later. I ended up getting seventh. The worst part is that it was the last course and I HAD to watch the stupid ceremony instead of quiting. :( That's my Mario Kart Wii story.ZumaJones07

sigh. been there done that...it is quite frustrating, not gonna lie. but you just gotta stick it out. if anything, it makes winning more rewarding.

sonictls9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 sonictls9
Member since 2007 • 32 Posts
[QUOTE="penamat"]

hahahaha. so unbelievably true. i lol'd from that. :P