wow...I literally feel like breaking my mario kart wii...

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

unknowndrk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 unknowndrk
Member since 2006 • 694 Posts
this game is so stupid...I am totally winning in special cup and then I get spike shelled while going up a ramp in bowsers castle so I fall in the lava, then I get red shelled, and then I take another red shell and I end up in 6th...then im basically screwed in rainbow road..its totally frustrating...
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
I know how you feel man. You're not alone.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Practice and learn how to use everything in the game

Very little in the game is chance. If you build the right course and hoard the right power ups you have control over how most of the race plays out as long as you don't suck driving.

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts
Still haven't played Mario Kart Wii yet, but do you mind telling us what difficulty this was on?
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

Very little in the game is chance. If you build the right course and hoard the right power ups you have control over how most of the race plays out as long as you don't suck driving.

Jaysonguy

Lawlz? Mario Kart has always been easily influenced by luck. 1 Blue Shell/Lighting/etc. and you're toast.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#7 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
Actaully Mario Kart Wii relies quite heavily on luck when it comes to 150 cc. The items are way more unbalanced than ever before. Sure, the game has a somewhat different formula than your standard racing game, but when having items you do need some sort of balance to a certain extent, but Mario Kart Wii's items are way too unbablanced for their own good.
makaveli_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 makaveli_89
Member since 2006 • 3415 Posts
Yep. I feel the same way many times. Just when you are going to win the race, and you can taste victory, the sign that a blue shell is heading your way, just takes that taste away from you
gamer6464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 gamer6464
Member since 2006 • 2239 Posts

Jaysonguy

You cant have a mushroom and banana at the same time, so even if you dodge a blue shell, that red shell will still smack you.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

metroidfood

Lawlz? Mario Kart has always been easily influenced by luck. 1 Blue Shell/Lighting/etc. and you're toast.

Influenced? Yes.

Determined? Not at all

The game is filled with so many nuances it's ridiculous. People new to the series think it's all luck but once you put some time into it you're able to "make your own luck" so to speak

Avatar image for starwarsgeek112
starwarsgeek112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 starwarsgeek112
Member since 2005 • 3472 Posts

Jaysonguy

That's not true, you can be in 1st for most of the race only to get blue shelled right before the finish line and come in last. Happened to me on more than one occasion. Mario Kart is like poker, it takes skill but a lot of the time it just comes down to luck.
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 metroidfood
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

starwarsgeek112

That's not true, you can be in 1st for most of the race only to get blue shelled right before the finish line and come in last. Happened to me on more than one occasion. Mario Kart is like poker, it takes skill but a lot of the time it just comes down to luck.

I like this guy's metaphor so I'll just bold it and be on my way.

ECG_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ECG_24
Member since 2008 • 1653 Posts
All I know is that I have earned a 2 star rating and unlocked everything in the game. I will not be playing single player anytime soon, possibly never.
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
Yup... another story. It's sad how this game does this to people. :P I had an incident happen to me that I wish I could have recorded. I'm in first place racing on Toad's Factory - the last course of the cup - and I'm at the part where the Mii's are in the cars. Bam! Red shell... I recover and start driving. Bam! Blue Shell... and as I'm falling back to the ground...lightning. I look at the map and see the rest of the group is right near me... I can see the finish line now. Nope, Bowser's lightning cloud hits me and I shrink a second later. I ended up getting seventh. The worst part is that it was the last course and I HAD to watch the stupid ceremony instead of quiting. :( That's my Mario Kart Wii story.
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 metroidfood

Now this is what I was looking for...

Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts

Jaysonguy

:lol: Oh come on. Of course it takes skill, but saying "very little is chance," is just preposterous.

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#17 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts

Jaysonguy

I kind of disagree with you. I've suffered this several times, but this is exactly the reason I love the game.

By the other hand, is truth, very little is a matter of chance. Now I learned to slowdown if a blue shell is comming and I'm about to jump a pit. I also keep a shell or a bannane peel in my tail to cover me. And several other things. Is just a matter of experience so, to unknowndrk, just calm down. MK is just an excellent excercise of patience and self control that you'll never gonna find a better way to learn and practice.

Really, I've seen this in my self and in my brother when we both were younger. Now I see it in my son and I see how is he maturing this feeling.

Regards and best luck

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
[QUOTE="metroidfood"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

Influenced? Yes.

Determined? Not at all

The game is filled with so many nuances it's ridiculous. People new to the series think it's all luck but once you put some time into it you're able to "make your own luck" so to speak

The blue shell says you are wrong.

cronus233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cronus233
Member since 2005 • 493 Posts
You think that's bad? I was in the lead for 2 laps, then when I was in my third lap, I was assaulted by 4 blue shells! The artificial Intelligence in this game is so brutal.
theweakbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 theweakbear
Member since 2005 • 2245 Posts

Don't take it so seriously, I know how you feel, but it happens to everyone. I always get hit with a lightning and fall through a crack in the group halfway through a jump!

Avatar image for EndlessPunisher
EndlessPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 EndlessPunisher
Member since 2005 • 1390 Posts
this game is so stupid...I am totally winning in special cup and then I get spike shelled while going up a ramp in bowsers castle so I fall in the lava, then I get red shelled, and then I take another red shell and I end up in 6th...then im basically screwed in rainbow road..its totally frustrating...unknowndrk
Same thing happend to me when I was online today..... Was in first place the whole time, right before im about to finish, *Bam* Blue Shell, just to top it off with a few red shells.
unknowndrk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 unknowndrk
Member since 2006 • 694 Posts
I guess it's just discouraging when a person like me is first place constantly but then I get screwed by items. I am great at driving and I know how to protect myself and everything. I am a veteran at the game but I just hate getting the shaft from blue shell/red shell/lightning etc.
Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#24 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
Meh I get that once in a while, a few Blue Turtle shells here and a few Red Turtle shells there but it doesn't really bother me. I can still get 1st place if I really try. You just have to know how to use your items properly. When you're first, always get items and when you get a green shell or banana don't drop them. Instead, just drag them behind you and red turtles won't be a threat. As for blue, just drop everything you have so it won't be a waste. Then just use your wheelie and drifting skills properly and you should do fine. If that doesn't help and you're still getting screwed with items then just screw them back with your own!
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 metroidfood

This is why I play Mario Kart DS with friends. It's easy to laugh off a blue shell when it's sent by a friend, or race your equally tiny competitor over the finish line when you're both in it together.

I haven't even bothered to get MK:Wii because it's much harder to get together with friends, otherwise the only winners are mute competitors or AI opponents.

onesimos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 onesimos
Member since 2005 • 320 Posts
Is the increased number of racers in Mario Kart Wii contributing to the item imbalance? Having four more racers increases the chances of seeing a spiny (blue) shell. Also, I am beginning to feel that the game is conspiring to prevent players from finishing first place every time because of these spiny shells. Why there are more instances of spiny shells in the last course in a 150cc cup when players finished first in the previous three? That is why I can never get a perfect score.
suljinnWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 suljinnWii
Member since 2008 • 56 Posts
A friend and I stayed up forever one night taking turns on Special Cup 150cc to win 1st - there were a million frustrating moments but it eventually happened. I feel your pain :D
Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Yeah the game can be a pain in the ass. One little mistake can cost you the whole race and I've always hated that about the game. Items also come at you like crazy when you're first.

I find most of the gameplay ridiculous. All I want is to unlock Funky Kong then I may start playing a lot more just to use Funky. But those Expert Staff times are friggin murder.

bbtcbbtc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bbtcbbtc
Member since 2005 • 1028 Posts
I have had so many of those moments. And mario kart can get very frusterating, once i was yelling at my screen after getting bombed with red and blue shells. But what is really annoying is when you're driving (this can happen in the air too) and a someone bumps your car right into a pit/lava/water. That has happened to me so many times! especially in the air!
Avatar image for UltimateXShadow
UltimateXShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 UltimateXShadow
Member since 2005 • 2312 Posts
I bear such a grudge against the blue flying shell. I like the blue spiny shell so much better, because it hits everyone in front of the user, not just the person in first place (and whoever else is nearby). That just seems fairer to me.
Melchezdek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Melchezdek
Member since 2005 • 306 Posts
I feel ya, there was a time when I was in first place on the 3rd lap 5inches from the finish line and I get blue shelled, then red shelled then a damn lightning bolt which shrinks me and the next thing you know 5 cars zooms by me and now I am in 6th place. Man this game sure knows how to insult you.
rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts

Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Have you played the game? On 150cc it is terrible, horrible rubber band AI. Even reviewers at IGN, etc. agree. Tons of it is left at chance. The chances are against you even. :/

snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 snowman6251
Member since 2006 • 5321 Posts

Now this is what I was looking for...

metroidfood

hahaha omg thats exactly what it feels like! you sir are full of win today

penamat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 penamat
Member since 2006 • 328 Posts

Yeah That happens alot. I was so close to trading it in one day, but I decided to hold on to it just a little while longer. Its alot of fun, but it sucks when you race perfectly the entire track, then just before you cross the finish line, you get hit by just one shell, and instantly you are 8th. SUCKS! Especially online! Seriously, BLUE SHELLS....WTF? Why even have 3 laps? The last lap is all that matters.

Regardless, MKW is alot of fun Online and Offline.

manimal24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 manimal24
Member since 2008 • 44 Posts

There have been plenty of times I was in first, about to cross the finish line, and was robbed at the last minute by whatever powerup. It is very very frustrating. On the other hand, there have been just as many times I was in 5th or 6thish and got a lucky 3 mushrooms or golden mushroom just in time to zoom into first and take the win.

I think luck plays a big part, and its something of a two-way street.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34713 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

rolo107

Have you played the game? On 150cc it is terrible, horrible rubber band AI. Even reviewers at IGN, etc. agree. Tons of it is left at chance. The chances are against you even. :/

Of course you feel unlucky when you get hit by a blue shell just before the finish line, but if you drive good, a blue shell should matter a lot less. Do you often loose because of being hit by an item? Drive better.

red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 red_sovereign
Member since 2007 • 1936 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

starwarsgeek112

same here dude. so close 2 victory, and it gets knocked out of my hands. single player is seriously unbalanced..i even stopped playing bc of that! ill stick to godfather blackhand
SmokieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SmokieX
Member since 2005 • 2412 Posts
I've never ever kicked any of my consoles until I played MK Wii. I was winning a Wi-Fi race and I went from 1st to 10th place. I got mad and kicked my Wii:(
red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 red_sovereign
Member since 2007 • 1936 Posts
I've never ever kicked any of my consoles until I played MK Wii. I was winning a Wi-Fi race and I went from 1st to 10th place. I got mad and kicked my Wii:(SmokieX
why the wii? id rip up the manual!!! thats showing em'
kcohen82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kcohen82
Member since 2005 • 130 Posts
love the pow block, blue shell, lightning, red shell, red shell, red shell 6 place sequences that take place on the last lap:roll:
Kansrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Kansrite
Member since 2004 • 767 Posts
Welcome to Mario Kart. I thought double dash was frustrating....This one pushes my buttons as well.
WylFret

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 WylFret
Member since 2007 • 428 Posts
[QUOTE="starwarsgeek112"]

That's not true, you can be in 1st for most of the race only to get blue shelled right before the finish line and come in last. Happened to me on more than one occasion. Mario Kart is like poker, it takes skill but a lot of the time it just comes down to luck.metroidfood

I like this guy's metaphor so I'll just bold it and be on my way.

I agree, other than calling it a metaphor. Actually it is a simile :D The point, however, remains.

makaveli_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#43 makaveli_89
Member since 2006 • 3415 Posts

I've never ever kicked any of my consoles until I played MK Wii. I was winning a Wi-Fi race and I went from 1st to 10th place. I got mad and kicked my Wii:(SmokieX

thats why you should keep a punching bag closeby whenever ur playing mario kart wii

Trogeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#44 Trogeton
Member since 2005 • 2776 Posts
Yeah dude... DON'T worry you are not alone.. I just started going through 150ccs and that happens to me like every 2 races.. I'm use to it.. but now I've gotten where that makes no difference I can STILL get into first place easily
santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 santiagochile
Member since 2005 • 1717 Posts

this game is so stupid...I am totally winning in special cup and then I get spike shelled while going up a ramp in bowsers castle so I fall in the lava, then I get red shelled, and then I take another red shell and I end up in 6th...then im basically screwed in rainbow road..its totally frustrating...unknowndrk

So what?!?! It happens to us all. You talk about how you go from 1st to sixth but you neglect to mention the times that you are in 10th and go to 2nd because you get a bullet, a gold mushroom, or a star. It's part of the game, so stop whining. Maybe you are not as good as you think you are. The game doesn't suck, maybe you do.

ZeshiO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ZeshiO
Member since 2004 • 169 Posts
Welcome to the life of every mario kart ever invented when we all started playing the game for the first couple of times. And other times too. :D
Sabin55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#49 Sabin55
Member since 2008 • 361 Posts
Love is in the air!!
Avatar image for baseballboy6411
baseballboy6411

Forum Posts