Wow it is really a very good start of 2009 for Wii

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

krayziecupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 krayziecupid
Member since 2003 • 448 Posts

based from IGN review:

Tenchu Shadow Assassins receives an 8.0, then Now here House of the Dead Overkill receives an 8.3. This is amazing, i hope it will continue. i just want to hear your reaction/s too.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

The start of every year has been good on the Wii

So no, this is no surprise

nicknees93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 nicknees93
Member since 2005 • 3250 Posts
now wii just needs good online service.
SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts

The start of every year has been good on the Wii

So no, this is no surprise

Jaysonguy
Same lol. WarioWare in 07, NMH in 08. Hoepfully this start is better than both.
DonnyJavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 DonnyJavid
Member since 2009 • 83 Posts
and Gui8tar Hero Meticalla will be pretty good!
Avatar image for Concrete_Flavor
Concrete_Flavor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Concrete_Flavor
Member since 2009 • 61 Posts

Ugh. So having two games that garnered barely an 8.0 counts as a good start?

Awful third-party games that exist only to cash in on mainstream franchises still follow the Wii everywhere it goes, like some kind of herpes-infested stalker. The only games that look decent on the horizon that aren't some half-brained sequel or port are The Conduit and Madworld.

And these two don't even look that hot, either. Despite impressive sales, for people who consider gaming more than a little hobby, 2008 was a dismal year for the Wii, and right now, 2009 looks the same way.

I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong. I hope some mindblowing game that actually makes good use of the Wii's innovative control system in an original way is released, so I can bring down my console from the attic.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

Ugh. So having two games that garnered barely an 8.0 counts as a good start?Concrete_Flavor

Damn man, I never knew an 8.0 was an awful score. Hell, I didn't know that reviews determine everything either. Crap, I'm pretty depressed now..

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#8 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
Not to me it isn't. If The Conduit and Madworld score well, then I'll be excited.. till then.. And since NMH2 doesn't come out for like another year.. meh..
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

Awful third-party games that exist only to cash in on mainstream franchises still follow the Wii everywhere it goes, like some kind of herpes-infested stalker. The only games that look decent on the horizon that aren't some half-brained sequel or port are The Conduit and Madworld.

And these two don't even look that hot, either. Despite impressive sales, for people who consider gaming more than a little hobby, 2008 was a dismal year for the Wii, and right now, 2009 looks the same way.

I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong. I hope some mindblowing game that actually makes good use of the Wii's innovative control system in an original way is released, so I can bring down my console from the attic.

Concrete_Flavor
I'm glad you have enlightened me. I always thought I was enjoying all my games. I guess I was wrong. I mean, most of them got around 8.0, so I MUST not have been enjoying them, right? According to you? Right?
Concrete_Flavor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Concrete_Flavor

I'm sure you enjoy them, and they do look decent. What I mean to say is that having two good games coming out from January to Februrary doesn't strike me as justification for a good start, especially given all the other stuff that's been released during this period.

Fleeman6019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 Fleeman6019
Member since 2005 • 855 Posts
Its not just a good start for the wii its the best start by any console this year there hasn't been one quailty game by either the 360 or the ps3 so for the wii to get 2 great reviews in like 3 days is pretty big
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 haziqonfire

I'm sure you enjoy them, and they do look decent. What I mean to say is that having two good games coming out from January to Februrary doesn't strike me as justification for a good start, especially given all the other stuff that's been released during this period.

Concrete_Flavor
So wait, let me get this straight. Your saying to be fully satisfied you need more than two games, for one platform mind you, to come out in the span of two months? So your basically saying you want around, lets say, 4-6 games, PER MONTH, in order to be fully satisfied ... so 48-72 'good' titles for 2009 to FULLY be satisfied. damn bro.
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bob_newman
[QUOTE="Concrete_Flavor"]

Haziqonfire
So wait, let me get this straight. Your saying to be fully satisfied you need more than two games, for one platform mind you, to come out in the span of two months? So your basically saying you want around, lets say, 4-6 games, PER MONTH, in order to be fully satisfied ... so 48-72 'good' titles for 2009 to FULLY be satisfied. damn bro.

*It's not even 2 months. It's a month and a few days.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jaysonguy

Haziqonfire

If my console doesn't put out a minimum of 800 good titles a year I start to check out a place on Ebay to sell it

Concrete_Flavor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Concrete_Flavor

Perhaps I'm overstating things and being pessimistic. It is a good start of sorts, but is it very good?

Iron Chef, Neopets and Nancy Drew beg to differ.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 haziqonfire

Perhaps I'm overstating things and being pessimistic. It is a good start of sorts, but is it very good?

Concrete_Flavor
No one looks at those games when looking at a game line up. Thats like me judging a platform's line up based off of movie tie-in games ...
Concrete_Flavor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Concrete_Flavor

I guess it's a matter of opinion; I still consider movie games and those tie-ins to be 'real' games. People buy them, and they're a pretty large percentage as far as total released video games go, especially for the Wii.

gudni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 gudni
Member since 2003 • 106 Posts

Whats wrong with Nancy drew? Gamespot gave it a 5.5 but thats the lowest score i have seen for it. IGN: 7.5

Anyway there is more then just games for gorefans for 2009. Punch out! hello..Another code R, Broken sword:shadow of the templars(directors cut)I say best point & click adventure ever! Overlord for the Wii is looking awesome aswell.

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bob_newman

Haziqonfire
No one looks at those games when looking at a game line up. Thats like me judging a platform's line up based off of movie tie-in games ...

Or like saying that the PS3 is off to a bad start because MLB Front Office Manager and Lord of the Rings: Conquest came out.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 haziqonfire

I guess it's a matter of opinion; I still consider movie games and those tie-ins to be 'real' games. People buy them, and they're a pretty large percentage as far as total released video games go, especially for the Wii.

Concrete_Flavor
I never said they weren't real games. I just said people don't judge a console library based off of movie tie in's or games like the ones you mentioned. They judge them on, you know, titles that are original/hold promise.
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bob_newman

Concrete_Flavor
EXCUSE ME!?!?! So, because people buy them, they're "real"?!? Well then by that logic, Carnival Games must be a great game in your opinion.
Concrete_Flavor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Concrete_Flavor

Wut. I never said they were great, I said they can be considered 'real' games, and they can be used to judge a console. I don't see any reason as to why they can't be used to judge.

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bob_newman

Wut. I never said they were great, I said they can be considered 'real' games, and they can be used to judge a console. I don't see any reason as to why they can't be used to judge.

Concrete_Flavor
Because he's not judging the console as a whole, or ALL of the games released. He's looking at the positives. In the end, that's all that matters. Who cares if there are some crappy games on the system? Just don't play them. End of story.
gudni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gudni
Member since 2003 • 106 Posts

I don´t know how big of a % of Wii owners are like me but i didn´t even consider the other consoles because of their lakk of non violent adventure games.

Tenchu and HOTD are just +´s but not my favorite genre.

Stephleref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 Stephleref
Member since 2009 • 301 Posts

Damn man, I never knew an 8.0 was an awful score. Hell, I didn't know that reviews determine everything either. Crap, I'm pretty depressed now..Haziqonfire

It may not be a bad score but it's nothing to go crazy about,2008 had TONS of 8.0+ games and people in general still call it a really bad year.

Good start? yes but the Wii is flooded with 8.0+ and those score don't really stand out anymore..hell Chocobo's dungeon (a game that nobody played) got a 8.4...even Scarface got 8.5

pmpmn11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 pmpmn11
Member since 2003 • 121 Posts
I'll be saving my cash for the better games like re5, killzone, and Street fighter. Games getting an eight isn't exactly the greatest score. But ill probably rent these just to be sure, they just don't seem very appealing, hopefully this year gets better for the wii.
cjm23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 cjm23
Member since 2007 • 910 Posts
I knew Tenchu got an 8.0, but was waiting on HotD Overkill. I'm just not to excited about Overkill, maybe I'll give it a rent. And Tenchu, based on the video review, looks OK. Overall good start for the Wii, and if Deadly Creatures is any good... a GREAT start.
SkyGTRline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SkyGTRline
Member since 2009 • 58 Posts

Ugh. So having two games that garnered barely an 8.0 counts as a good start?Haziqonfire

Damn man, I never knew an 8.0 was an awful score. Hell, I didn't know that reviews determine everything either. Crap, I'm pretty depressed now..

I think what Concrete is trying to say is while Tenchu and the likes is decent, its no SMG or Brawl. I somewhat understand where hes coming from, but to each his own eh? I'm personally looking forward to The Conduit, but deep down inside I'm praying for a Zelda Wii with WiiMotion+ later this year or SMG 2;)

Serbine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 Serbine
Member since 2005 • 10934 Posts
Yeah, I agree it a great start for the Wii hopefully we're get some more awesome games that haven't been announce yet.
Turbo_Burdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Turbo_Burdo
Member since 2007 • 606 Posts
Um, sorry what start? Nintendo haven't even begun to bring out new releases yet this year. We're still waiting for : Klonoa Wii, The Conduit, Sonic and black Knight, all those Wiimakes and so much more..
rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 rgame1
Member since 2008 • 2526 Posts

Ugh. So having two games that garnered barely an 8.0 counts as a good start?Haziqonfire

:lol: u told him.
SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
[QUOTE="bob_newman"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="Concrete_Flavor"]

Or like saying that the PS3 is off to a bad start because MLB Front Office Manager and Lord of the Rings: Conquest came out.

conquest owns. Nuff' said.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#34 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
I think a game that is an 8 is a solid game.
hansolo14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hansolo14
Member since 2003 • 976 Posts

Concrete_Flavor

so you only play 9 rated games? that so sad... i will buy overkill and be happy (do i like ports?)

i think the only think you want is a big N game... me too cause AC is awesome and wii had never been that bad

-starman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 -starman-
Member since 2008 • 2822 Posts

hansolo14

so you only play 9 rated games? that so sad...

indeed. the internet has brought about people who only care about what so-called experts think.

if people use the scores these "professionals" give to make their decisions, they would have only played 3 games for the Wii so far.

Tales of Symphonia's latest title got a 6.5 on Gamespot (mostly because it was too much like a Tales game for the reviewer's taste), but is one of my favourite titles of 2008. Scores mean nothing.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

So by your logic the 360 is a bad console because of Vampire Rain? Or Al Pacino is a lousy actor because he was in Dick Tracy?
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#38 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Most of the games announced this year do not interest me very much. Punch out!! has my attention, but I am most excited about the Pikmin Wiimakes right now.

What's the deal with badmouthing 2008 for Wii? The way I see it is that Wii has four outstanding games (on a level all their own): Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, and Animal crossing City Folk. 75% of those games came out in 2008.

SonicBalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#39 SonicBalla
Member since 2006 • 2610 Posts

Concrete_Flavor

The thing is the games you mentioned weren't hyped, not only that but people didn't have a care in the world for them. Tenchu & Overkill were games being looked at for a while. Not only that but we got some extras on them such as developer diaries and loads of trailers.

Concrete_Flavor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Concrete_Flavor

nethernova

So by your logic the 360 is a bad console because of Vampire Rain? Or Al Pacino is a lousy actor because he was in Dick Tracy?

Ugh, no.

Look, say Brad Pitt stars in only two movies for 2009. In one of his movies, his acting is hailed as excellent, but in the other, he does a poor job.

Should we judge Brad Pitt's prowess in acting this year solely on the first movie, just because he was good in the first one, and in the second one he wasn't? Or should we also look at his other movies? I don't know about you, but the answer seems obvious to me. 2009 was a good start, but still tarnished by third-party games.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#41 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Most of the games announced this year do not interest me very much. Punch out!! has my attention, but I am most excited about the Pikmin Wiimakes right now.

What's the deal with badmouthing 2008 for Wii? The way I see it is that Wii has four outstanding games (on a level all their own): Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, and Animal crossing City Folk. 75% of those games came out in 2008.

Pikminmaniac
Super Mario Galaxy came out in 2007 not 2008.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="nethernova"][QUOTE="Concrete_Flavor"]

Concrete_Flavor

Ugh, no.

Look, say Brad Pitt stars in only two movies for 2009. In one of his movies, his acting is hailed as excellent, but in the other, he does a poor job.

Should we judge Brad Pitt's prowess in acting this year solely on the first movie, just because he was good in the first one, and in the second one he wasn't? Or should we also look at his other movies? I don't know about you, but the answer seems obvious to me. 2009 was a good start, but still tarnished by third-party games.

Because you live somewhere that forces you to buy every single game?

What's that like?

rolfboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 rolfboy
Member since 2006 • 1137 Posts
IGN gave three 8 scores to three promising Wii games and that is not cause for celebration? We have been praying for the titles not related to the sea of crap the Wii has been getting for a while, and now that three of them are here, you don't even want to think about buying even one of them. It is resonable to buy superior titles over very good titles, but to flat out refuse to support a (possibly enjoyable) hardcore game because it is not AAA or a 9 is ludicrous imo.
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#44 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
Last year the Wii had 3 AAA's by April and several AA's. This year has to remain solid throughout, because I doubt it's going to beat the first half of last year.
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#45 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

Ugh, no.

Concrete_Flavor
What do you think they're going to look at for the Oscars or Emmies? They're not going to say, "Well he was fantastic in this movie and should definitely win something, but since he was awful in this movie, we're not going to give him anything." Only look at the positive. Samuel Jackson has been in some of best and worst movies, but he's still heralded as one of the best actors because he has proven he can be amazing. That's what you look at, the amazing performances.
Concrete_Flavor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Concrete_Flavor

Ugh, no.

nintendofreak_2

What do you think they're going to look at for the Oscars or Emmies? They're not going to say, "Well he was fantastic in this movie and should definitely win something, but since he was awful in this movie, we're not going to give him anything." Only look at the positive. Samuel Jackson has been in some of best and worst movies, but he's still heralded as one of the best actors because he has proven he can be amazing. That's what you look at, the amazing performances.

Ugh, look...Oscars and Emmies are irrelevant in this example, because they're given on a single movie basis. They don't evaluate an actor's entire career over a year, they evaluate one movie that the actor was in. Something equivalent would be Gamespot's Game of the Year award.

But here we're talking about the console, about the performance of the console and its games as a whole. And in my opinion, in that case you don't just judge on positive aspects.

Let's give another example. I own a gaming company, and my employee and customer satisfaction is plunging. The company itself is almost bankrupt. However, my sales are going up! Does this mean that I'm off to a great start? Of course not; even if there are positive aspects, you can't just ignore the bad ones. They're part of the equation here too.

TheKoolCid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TheKoolCid
Member since 2009 • 37 Posts
Not very surprised, because most good games releases near Christmas and New Year's. to promote buisness. So, its typical that good games comes near the start of the year. I just hope that they make a harddrive this year...
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 bob_newman

But here we're talking about the console, about the performance of the console and its games as a whole.

Concrete_Flavor

No we weren't. Nobody was talking about the console as a whole except you.

WE were talking about how the Wii has been off to a good start because some games got good reviews.

If we were talking about what you're talking about, then no console, ever, has been off to a good start, because there are always bad games on a system.

So get it out of your head that people are talking about the console as a whole, because that's not what this thread was created for.

07pops07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 07pops07
Member since 2008 • 552 Posts

i hope everyone under stands it 8/10 not 8/100 we have so many promising games comming and the 3 out so far got all around 8ish outta 10....not 100. so yes it s good start for the wii hopfully we can see some good summer titles for the wii motion plus like red steel 2 zelda?

doctores143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#50 doctores143
Member since 2007 • 3016 Posts
The first 6 months of the year are always great for the wii but then they shove all their games to come out in december for the holiday season so we get almost nothing during the summer or fall. I hope wii sports resort comes out soon:)