Will We Ever See Another Donkey Kong 3D Platformer?

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#51 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts
Well if you disregard the DK Jungle beat wii-make, then no. I just find it a bit odd that Nintendo has virtually abandoned one of it's most cherished franchises.blankshore
All Nintendo really ever did with Donkey Kong was the three NES games. It was RARE who created an actual 'world' for him and brought us Diddy Kong and the other DK characters. When RARE left, so did the future of Donkey Kong.
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#52 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

[QUOTE="danger_ranger95"]

[QUOTE="Rick_Henderson"] You clearly weren't around for Donkey Kong Country, that game finished off the Sega Genesis. Donkey Kong would very much be a system seller if Nintendo would actually invest time and money into the franchise like Rare did.

Rick_Henderson

You mean DKC, DKC2 Diddy's Kong Quest, and DKC3 Dixie Kong's Double Trouble? The games that featured Kremlings such as King K. Rool, that were developed by Rare...not Nintendo? Nope, I must've missed them!!!! :P

I was specifically talking about DK64, it was not a system seller like Mario64 was or even Zelda unless it wasthe diehard fans (which are a minority). Besides, Nintendo already has their main man in the platform spot. They won't want to over-saturate (is what I'm guessing the problem is) or take away from Mario's sales.

All we'll get is 2nd thought attempts from Nintendo, unless they decide to take a chance...and they won't!

Oversaturate the market? There has only been one mario platformer released on each platform for the past three generations, I really don't think over saturation is problem at all. How would Donkey Kong be taking away from Mario's sells considering Galaxy came out a year and a half ago? Also name five platformers on the wii that can compete with Mario? I pretty much consider the platforming genre to be dead. The reason is we're aren't getting an actual Donkey Kong platformer is arrogance on Nintendo's part. They never listen to their fans and try to tell us what we want instead of actually listening to us and seeing what we REALLY want.

because Mario is the "platformer man", not DK. That's what I meant by over-saturating. They most likely won't want to take away from Mario's thunder, so to say.

That's why all we've gotten since DK64 is these "different" approaches with DK. They're trying too hard to differentiate DK from Mario. My guess is because the demand for platformers aren't what they used to be, and they have no idea what to do with DK.

I agree, I would love a new DK platformer game, but I just don't think it's going to happen. No matter how bad we complain about it (of course, because they don't listen).