Wiis graphics and its capabilities

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ghostboy108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ghostboy108
Member since 2007 • 27 Posts
O.k. so I was playing RE4 for the wii and its a great game but that was last gen. Im not smart in the graphics department or anything like that but I bet the graphics for the wii can be improved over RE4. So why am I not seen other games trying to make games on nintendo look better. I have SM Galaxy, and the graphics are great, but looking at games that require more realistic characters and enviroments, I see nothing but cheap attempts. Metroid prime 3 is probably one of the best games that take graphics on wii farther than other games, and im noticing that the conduit is doing great as well. I think we should bash and flame on companys who say they are doing something phenomenal but instead decide to give us trash. So what is the wii really capable of doing in the more realistic type of department. I know graphics arent all important, and that gameplay plays an importent role but come on we need other companys other than nintendo to make great games for the nintendo wii.
swat1441

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 swat1441
Member since 2007 • 44 Posts
Many 3rd parties see the Wii as a way to make a quick buck and concentrate on the 360 And/or PS3. High Voltage stated that they were also disgusted from the way that 3rd Parties were treating the Wii. Its that alot of 3rd Parties are lazy. Activision and High Voltage are the only 3rd parties i trust now a days.
Avatar image for King_of_Stories
King_of_Stories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 King_of_Stories
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I think we realized that when we bought our Wii's, we knew the graphics were not going to be earth shattering. Also, video games are an escape. Making games realistic seems counter-productive. I'm not saying that every game has to have different and eccentric characters and backgrounds, it just make those games stand out more. There are some good third party games out for the Wii, you just have to look.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 Arkthemaniac
Member since 2007 • 1237 Posts

No 3rd parties say that they are making something phenomenal, except maybe High Voltage. They all say they're giving something "for all ages" and then end up ridiculing the reviewers because they wanted a hardcore game, like with Deca Sports, which sucked for the most part.

No one likes to take blame.

louisfoxton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 louisfoxton
Member since 2007 • 1400 Posts
Many 3rd parties see the Wii as a way to make a quick buck and concentrate on the 360 And/or PS3. High Voltage stated that they were also disgusted from the way that 3rd Parties were treating the Wii. Its that alot of 3rd Parties are lazy. Activision and High Voltage are the only 3rd parties i trust now a days.swat1441
what about capcom , saga, ubisoft u do not trust them now a day ur saying they make great wii game to and rockstar to dude
jackpotco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jackpotco
Member since 2007 • 1561 Posts

I hope that the wii game producers lighten up and start adding better graphics to the wii because that is just really lame. Saying that it will change the world and then doing some point less realistic. And also they better make more games cause as of now the games on the wii my opinion, are really lacking.

tgh93_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 tgh93_29
Member since 2007 • 1483 Posts
I love the Wii and all, and I'm probably going to get bashed for this, but the Wii as far as graphics are considered, is a Gamecube With motion Controls. Thats ok with me though because of the sheer fun gameplay.
Avatar image for hippiegamergirl
hippiegamergirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hippiegamergirl
Member since 2008 • 215 Posts

I love the Wii and all, and I'm probably going to get bashed for this, but the Wii as far as graphics are considered, is a Gamecube With motion Controls. Thats ok with me though because of the sheer fun gameplay.tgh93_29

You won't get bashed, you will get agreed with.

I agree.

ghostboy108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ghostboy108
Member since 2007 • 27 Posts

The nintendo wii is more powerful than the gamecube and can produce better games. Its just that nintendos software is lagging it compare to the competition. When will we see a game from third partys that can actually be as fun and clever as super mario galaxy. NINTENDO needs more games that appeal to the gamers who like bigger adventures on their games rather than playing casual games all the times. I play all types of games but this casual stuff gets boring pretty quik. We need a solution, thats all.

santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 santiagochile
Member since 2005 • 1717 Posts

I love the Wii and all, and I'm probably going to get bashed for this, but the Wii as far as graphics are considered, is a Gamecube With motion Controls. Thats ok with me though because of the sheer fun gameplay.tgh93_29

More like a Gamecube with XBOX graphics and a new controller.

Sportsmen2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 Sportsmen2008
Member since 2008 • 95 Posts
I am probably one of the few people that thing many of the Wii games look good. Maybe because the last console I had was the Sega Genesis. I have been happy with the graphics for most of the games.
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

I've been happy with my purchases thus far.

SMG

RE4

Tomb Raider: Anniversary

MP3

TP

PoP:Rival Swords

Godfather

No More Heroes (which I find debateable somewhat)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

5 of those games are ports, and I'm satisfied with that. I didn't/don't have the money to purchase a PS3 and I am fully aware of what the Wii should be able to do. I don't mind playing games that look like Xbox/PS2 games as long as they are solid. The only problem is dev's need to make them lol.

you should check http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26478407 out

They are coming.... it's just taking time. No one thought the Wii would be what it is/has been, and a good game usually takes a few years at least to come out.

Ganados0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Ganados0
Member since 2008 • 1074 Posts

Developers like High Voltage, Treyarch and Factor 5 seem to think there's more potential in the Wii's visual hardware then has been exploited.

Some developers claim that Nintnedo hasn't been very helpful in sharing their information about the Wii and have had to build their own tools to work on it. Recently Capcom announced Dead Rising on the Wii, the actual in game screen shots show the mall is close to the original but the character models are weaker there's a few jaggie issues and the shadows are gone. I reckon with a lot more work Capcom could actually get Dead Rising to 360 versions SD quality.

BattleAciD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BattleAciD
Member since 2008 • 140 Posts

Watch Conduit turn out to be garbage too...

Master_Hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Master_Hermes
Member since 2003 • 5913 Posts
The Wii is a beefier GameCube, but even still some developers are really starting to push it. Have you seen Dead Rising or the Conduit, they are looking pretty good.
yamahaman91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 yamahaman91
Member since 2005 • 56 Posts
yah i specifically remember hearing that the "revolution" was going to be 2 to 3 times more powerful than the original x-box, and this came from nintendo. so why do these games look like gamecube ports?
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 danger_ranger95

BattleAciD
I hope not... I don't think it will though, Everyone that has demo'd the game has raved about it...article after article. Obviously it needs a few "spice up's" but, I think it will turn out quite nice.
Master_Hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Master_Hermes

BattleAciD

We'll see if it's "garbage" when it's out. However, this is a graphics thread and nobody can deny that the Conduit is pushing the Wii's capabilities graphically.

danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 danger_ranger95

yah i specifically remember hearing that the "revolution" was going to be 2 to 3 times more powerful than the original x-box, and this came from nintendo. so why do these games look like gamecube ports?yamahaman91

I do remember ATI (one of the chip mfg's) saying that what we've seen so far (at that time) were only a tip of the ice berg. Also, I can remember Reggie saying something about they would be close to the competition or something similiar to that. Any one who fell for that is a noob imo.

If it could produce games that were even similiar to those.....we wouldn't have paid $250.00 for it

Master_Hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Master_Hermes

yah i specifically remember hearing that the "revolution" was going to be 2 to 3 times more powerful than the original x-box, and this came from nintendo. so why do these games look like gamecube ports?yamahaman91

They claimed it was 2 to 3 time more powerful than the GameCube, not Xbox. It is more powerful than the Xbox in raw horsepower but lacks a lot of the shader and texture mapping technology the Xbox had.

BattleAciD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BattleAciD
[QUOTE="BattleAciD"]

Master_Hermes

We'll see if it's "garbage" when it's out. However, this is a graphics thread and nobody can deny that the Conduit is pushing the Wii's capabilities graphically.

I wont say pushing, Im sure it can be better, its just better than the ordinary on Wii.

[QUOTE="BattleAciD"]

danger_ranger95

I hope not... I don't think it will though, Everyone that has demo'd the game has raved about it...article after article. Obviously it needs a few "spice up's" but, I think it will turn out quite nice.

Yeah, I have been researching this game and I am impressed, but it just looks like those games that fail badly, you know the ones that everyone hypes up and turns out to be dookie *cough* HAZE *cough* *cough* DARK SECTOR *cough*... got something in my throat.

santanablu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 santanablu3
Member since 2007 • 1467 Posts

[QUOTE="tgh93_29"]I love the Wii and all, and I'm probably going to get bashed for this, but the Wii as far as graphics are considered, is a Gamecube With motion Controls. Thats ok with me though because of the sheer fun gameplay.hippiegamergirl

I agree.

okami, smg,mp3, and NMH begz to differ. and don't worry about getting bashed its your opinion and nobody can't do anything about it.
BattleAciD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BattleAciD
[QUOTE="hippiegamergirl"]

[QUOTE="tgh93_29"]I love the Wii and all, and I'm probably going to get bashed for this, but the Wii as far as graphics are considered, is a Gamecube With motion Controls. Thats ok with me though because of the sheer fun gameplay.santanablu3

I agree.

okami, smg,mp3, and NMH begz to differ. and don't worry about getting bashed its your opinion and nobody can't do anything about it.

Oh really?

lol

santanablu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 santanablu3
[QUOTE="santanablu3"][QUOTE="hippiegamergirl"]

[QUOTE="tgh93_29"]I love the Wii and all, and I'm probably going to get bashed for this, but the Wii as far as graphics are considered, is a Gamecube With motion Controls. Thats ok with me though because of the sheer fun gameplay.BattleAciD

I agree.

Oh really?

lol

lol im sick of you lets fight...:P no but for real though,these games except for okami and maybe NMH can't be done on the small cube
BattleAciD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BattleAciD
[QUOTE="BattleAciD"][QUOTE="santanablu3"][QUOTE="hippiegamergirl"]

[QUOTE="tgh93_29"]I love the Wii and all, and I'm probably going to get bashed for this, but the Wii as far as graphics are considered, is a Gamecube With motion Controls. Thats ok with me though because of the sheer fun gameplay.santanablu3

I agree.

Oh really?

lol

lol im sick of you lets fight...:P no but for real though,these games except for okami and maybe NMH can't be done on the small cube

Ninjabread Man 2? Madden? But yea, there are alot of games that cant be done on the cube.

Master_Hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Master_Hermes
[QUOTE="hippiegamergirl"]

I agree.

No More Heroes is an awesome game but it's butt ugly. The game is running on Renderware and the open world bits look like something from an early PS2 game. Certainly not a showpiece for Wii's graphical ability.

The only reason it's cool looking is the artstyle, other than that it's very sub-par when it comes to visuals.

danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 danger_ranger95
[QUOTE="Master_Hermes"][QUOTE="BattleAciD"]

BattleAciD

I wont say pushing, Im sure it can be better, its just better than the ordinary on Wii.

[QUOTE="BattleAciD"]

danger_ranger95

Yeah, I have been researching this game and I am impressed, but it just looks like those games that fail badly, you know the ones that everyone hypes up and turns out to be dookie *cough* HAZE *cough* *cough* DARK SECTOR *cough*... got something in my throat.

lol...I've heard the stories.

I'm a two sided coin when it comes to feelings for dev's.

I'm excited and sympathetic for HV at this moment. They have alot to prove (which again, I think they will) for them making such bold statements about how the game will look. My biggest fear for them is whether or not they chose a Publisher that will actually advertise the game. If we (as in gamers, casuals usually don't hang out in GS/GF) are the only ones who buy the game...it's going to flop just like NMH did. After all the hardwork they have put into it, I hope they make a profit or it will prove that 3rd party AAA games won't sell on Nintendo consoles. The PS3/360 boys will have a hayday.

Screens for any other Non-HD/Blue Ray consoles are terrible, and 99.9% of the time look way better in motion. Jaggies are always more noticeable in screens than they are in motion.

BattleAciD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BattleAciD

[QUOTE="tgh93_29"]I love the Wii and all, and I'm probably going to get bashed for this, but the Wii as far as graphics are considered, is a Gamecube With motion Controls. Thats ok with me though because of the sheer fun gameplay.Master_Hermes

I agree.

No More Heroes is an awesome game but it's butt ugly. The game is running on Renderware and the open world bits look like something from an early PS2 game. Certainly not a showpiece for Wii's graphical ability.

The only reason it's cool looking is the art**** other than that it's very sub-par when it comes to visuals.

LMFAO! I dont know why I started cracking up from that, haven't heard it in so long!

santanablu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 santanablu3
:roll:you do got to understand that thoughts 2-3 games you stated were obviously going to turn out to be poop. though Dev are really SPECIAL and lazy. so basicaly that's why we got a lot of games that can be done on the Cube. but for the devs that do focus on games and have Patience to work with the wii are the once that succeed. and besides you know very there are some games on the ps3"like that horrible gundamwing game" that can be done on the Cube.
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 danger_ranger95

[QUOTE="tgh93_29"]I love the Wii and all, and I'm probably going to get bashed for this, but the Wii as far as graphics are considered, is a Gamecube With motion Controls. Thats ok with me though because of the sheer fun gameplay.Master_Hermes

I agree.

The only reason it's cool looking is the artstyle, other than that it's very sub-par when it comes to visuals.

NMH is a 3rd party's TP.

It was a sweet concept, mostly solid game...that was never finished imo. I would lay money on Ubisoft forcing the game into the stores early just because.

If the PS2 could handle the GTA series with it's life filled city, then Wii could've handled a world just the same if not slightly better. I hope there is a sequel some day.

BattleAciD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BattleAciD

:roll:you do got to understand that thoughts 2-3 games you stated were obviously going to turn out to be poop. though Dev are really SPECIAL and lazy. so basicaly that's why we got a lot of games that can be done on the Cube. but for the devs that do focus on games and have Patience to work with the wii are the once that succeed. and besides you know very there are some games on the ps3"like that horrible gundamwing game" that can be done on the Cube.santanablu3

Your right. Buy the way, last time I remember'd there taking there time on Conduit so HOPEFULLY it turns at good, HOPEFULLY.

santanablu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 santanablu3
[QUOTE="Master_Hermes"][QUOTE="santanablu3"][QUOTE="hippiegamergirl"]

[QUOTE="tgh93_29"]I love the Wii and all, and I'm probably going to get bashed for this, but the Wii as far as graphics are considered, is a Gamecube With motion Controls. Thats ok with me though because of the sheer fun gameplay.danger_ranger95

I agree.

NMH is a 3rd party's TP.

It was a sweet concept, mostly solid game...that was never finished imo. I would lay money on Ubisoft forcing the game into the stores early just because.

If the PS2 could handle the GTA series with it's life filled city, then Wii could've handled a world just the same if not slightly better. I hope there is a sequel some day.

I SOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! AGREE WITH YOU!
BattleAciD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BattleAciD
[QUOTE="danger_ranger95"][QUOTE="Master_Hermes"][QUOTE="santanablu3"][QUOTE="hippiegamergirl"]

I agree.

NMH is a 3rd party's TP.

Thought u said NMH was good?

danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 danger_ranger95
[QUOTE="danger_ranger95"][QUOTE="Master_Hermes"][QUOTE="santanablu3"][QUOTE="hippiegamergirl"]

I agree.

NMH is a 3rd party's TP.

I don't understand it....companies releasing games that aren't even finished is like writing a 1 page paper that was supposed to be 20 pages, and expecting an A

BattleAciD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BattleAciD
[QUOTE="santanablu3"][QUOTE="danger_ranger95"][QUOTE="Master_Hermes"][QUOTE="santanablu3"][QUOTE="hippiegamergirl"]

[QUOTE="tgh93_29"]I love the Wii and all, and I'm probably going to get bashed for this, but the Wii as far as graphics are considered, is a Gamecube With motion Controls. Thats ok with me though because of the sheer fun gameplay.danger_ranger95

I agree.

NMH is a 3rd party's TP.

I don't understand it....companies releasing games that aren't even finished is like writing a 1 page paper that was supposed to be 20 pages, and expecting an A

lol, ok great way to put it.

santanablu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 santanablu3
[QUOTE="danger_ranger95"][QUOTE="santanablu3"][QUOTE="danger_ranger95"][QUOTE="Master_Hermes"][QUOTE="santanablu3"][QUOTE="hippiegamergirl"]

[QUOTE="tgh93_29"]I love the Wii and all, and I'm probably going to get bashed for this, but the Wii as far as graphics are considered, is a Gamecube With motion Controls. Thats ok with me though because of the sheer fun gameplay.BattleAciD

I agree.

NMH is a 3rd party's TP.

lol, ok great way to put it.

it is good BATTLE ACID "HEHEHEHEH" . but he is right on how the game looks rushed! the story is what made No more heroes so good for me. i looked at the sandbox area just for transportation:P
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 danger_ranger95
[QUOTE="santanablu3"][QUOTE="danger_ranger95"][QUOTE="Master_Hermes"][QUOTE="santanablu3"][QUOTE="hippiegamergirl"]

I agree.

NMH is a 3rd party's TP.

Thought u said NMH was good?

directed towards me???

well if it is....

It was an alright game. I'd give it a 7-7.5 any day. Nothing that had me jumping for joy

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
Well the specs of the Wii is that around of the original Xbox or twice the gamecube; somewhere around that. Its the dev unwillingness to look away from a quick buck and see the oppurtunities.
sonic0491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#40 sonic0491
Member since 2006 • 2508 Posts

I think we realized that when we bought our Wii's, we knew the graphics were not going to be earth shattering. Also, video games are an escape. Making games realistic seems counter-productive. I'm not saying that every game has to have different and eccentric characters and backgrounds, it just make those games stand out more. There are some good third party games out for the Wii, you just have to look.

King_of_Stories

how are you escaping realism when your in a war, fighting aliens or boxing? cmon man, you dont do things in real life like that so your not escaping 'realism' at all, thats a petty excuse..

Avatar image for King_of_Stories
King_of_Stories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 King_of_Stories
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I am not saying that all games have to bright and colorful, but with the massive amount of games that have gone to Nazi Germany or have a range of color that goes from brown to gray, it is nice and refreshing to see a game with a sense of identity. As for fighting aliens, that will be in the far off future. Or when a new Alien movie comes out. It's not that games have to be fictional, but they must have something that sets them apart from the rest of the crowd.
lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts
Read this. It's from my blog.
Plumer_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 Plumer_man
Member since 2006 • 362 Posts
I think that its a lot easier to make games with better graphics on the ps3 and the 360 and a lot harder to do so on the wii. When most companies make a wii game, it seams like they get really lazy and dont spend the time they should making everything look good. The people that are making the conduit are really trying to push the wii's capabilaties unlike most companies. hopefully they'll set a good example for others to build on.
Avatar image for baseballboy6411
baseballboy6411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#45 baseballboy6411
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts

Many 3rd parties see the Wii as a way to make a quick buck and concentrate on the 360 And/or PS3. High Voltage stated that they were also disgusted from the way that 3rd Parties were treating the Wii. Its that alot of 3rd Parties are lazy. Activision and High Voltage are the only 3rd parties i trust now a days.swat1441

Thats what I hate about 3rd party people. :(

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts
3rd parties are pretty crappy these days. I have all 3 systems and both the Wii and PS3 are never being pushed like they should. Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime set the bar for what can be done on the Wii graphically. Just like Metal Gear Solid 4, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted Drake's Fortune, and Motorstorm have set the bar on PS3. Yet 3rd parties still treat Wii like a PS2, while PS3 gets treated like the 360. I am not saying 360 is bad in anyway, but both of 3rd parties need to start to use both of these systems more. It is also because almost every game is multiplatform and they have only one team making a game. That team wants games to be on PS3/360 or Wii/PS2 or PSP, so the quality suffers. What is sad is that is always seems to be the next generation system that suffers rather than the las generation. The 360 always wins out because it is MS's only system on the market so developers only have to concentrate on that one platform and as far as 3rd party sales go, they have the best in that category. The reason no one buys Wii or PS3 3rd party games is because we know we will get the low end of the stick.
santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 santiagochile

No, you didn't hear such a thing. The Wii was supposed to be 2-3 times more powerful than the Gamecube, not the XBOX. That is a HUGE difference. The Wii has almost the same processing power as the original XBOX, but has more modern technology that supposedly make it a little more powerful. It is not even close to 2 times the power of the original XBOX!

Avatar image for deactivated-6312ae31bb1f8
deactivated-6312ae31bb1f8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-6312ae31bb1f8
Member since 2003 • 320 Posts

[QUOTE="yamahaman91"]yah i specifically remember hearing that the "revolution" was going to be 2 to 3 times more powerful than the original x-box, and this came from nintendo. so why do these games look like gamecube ports?santiagochile

No, you didn't hear such a thing. The Wii was supposed to be 2-3 times more powerful than the Gamecube, not the XBOX. That is a HUGE difference. The Wii has almost the same processing power as the original XBOX, but has more modern technology that supposedly make it a little more powerful. It is not even close to 2 times the power of the original XBOX!

Where do you people pull these figures? From your rear ends? Seriously now, no one and especially not Nintendo, has released the actual specs for the Wii. In addition, they made an early claim about the THEORETICAL processing power of the Wii in comparison to the Gamecube BEFORE the Wii was released. At best, it was a ballpark guesstimate, not a serious claim to be seen as fact. Has that claim been verified in any way? No, it hasn't. That being said, I would venture that games like Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 are not possible on the original Xbox.

santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 santiagochile
[QUOTE="santiagochile"]

[QUOTE="yamahaman91"]yah i specifically remember hearing that the "revolution" was going to be 2 to 3 times more powerful than the original x-box, and this came from nintendo. so why do these games look like gamecube ports?RenegadeSynapse

Where do you people pull these figures? From your rear ends? Seriously now, no one and especially not Nintendo, has released the actual specs for the Wii. In addition, they made an early claim about the THEORETICAL processing power of the Wii in comparison to the Gamecube BEFORE the Wii was released. At best, it was a ballpark guesstimate, not a serious claim to be seen as fact. Has that claim been verified in any way? No, it hasn't. That being said, I would venture that games like Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 are not possible on the original Xbox.

Actually, you should look into things more before posting. The Wii's specs were leaked back in Early 2006, and people had taken apart the Wii and posted pictures of the actual chip inside. The Wii has a 731 mhz processor, while the XBOX had a 729 mhz processor. Tjhe Wii has some technology that the XBOX didn't had, but the XBOX had technology that the Wii doesn't. Face it, the Wii has last generation power. Why does it matter, it's still an awesome console. It's my only console, and I am a Nintendo fan, but at the same time I know the true power of the Wii, and so does anyone who manages to do some research before posting. C heck on IGN.com and you might be able to find the article about the Wiis specs.

santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 santiagochile
[QUOTE="santiagochile"]

[QUOTE="yamahaman91"]yah i specifically remember hearing that the "revolution" was going to be 2 to 3 times more powerful than the original x-box, and this came from nintendo. so why do these games look like gamecube ports?RenegadeSynapse

Looks like I was wrong, it's the Wii that has a 729 mhz processor. That is less than 2 times the power of the Gamecube.

729 MHz IBM PowerPC "Broadway" CPU243 MHz ATI "Hollywood" GPU24MBs "main" 1T-SRAM64MBs other 1T-SRAM512MBs internal flash memory3MBs texture memory on GPUBuilt-in 802.11b/g Wi-Fi capabilityOne SD memory card bayAV multi-port: S-video, composite, componentAnalog (left/right) audio / DPLIIFour GameCube controller portsTwo GameCube Memory Pak slotsTwo USB 2.0 portsCompatible with up to four wireless Wii-motesSelf-loading media driveAccepts 12cm Wii and 8cm GCN discs; no DVD movies

http://wii.ign.com/articles/733/733464p1.html

There's the address. That should clear up your misunderstanding, and now you know