Why isn't shadow in Brawl?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Suliman-Uchia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1 Suliman-Uchia
Member since 2007 • 893 Posts
He was my favorite character. I don't like SOnic as much as shadow. NOoooo. Still brawl is the best game ever.
bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#2 bededog
Member since 2005 • 8579 Posts
He is in the game, he's an assist trophy.
WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 WllDan7
Member since 2004 • 2581 Posts
Assist trophy much?
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts
He's an Assist Trophy and Sonic is better anyway. Shadow is a lame attempt at Sonic Team trying to make a "badass" character. Looks like you fell for it.
l3lackPenguins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 l3lackPenguins
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Even if Shadow isnt all that good i think he, nuckles, and tails should be in brawl i mean they add Meta Knight and King Dedede for the Kirby stuff then they added Toon Link and WOLF!!!!!!!! Shouldnt Sonic charecters be in it? But they need to giver them different Final Smashes like Fox, Falco, and Wolf all do landmasters! Toon Link and Link are the same also! They game is pretty good but couldnt they take the time to make it even better? But of course they take the time to make Mario and Luigi's Final Smashes different!!!
NFS102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#6 NFS102
Member since 2007 • 27011 Posts

Shadow is not in the game, because he is not a Nintendo character. This is the first time Nintendo's put new characters in. If they started adding new characters all the time, it wouldn't be a Nintendo game.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#7 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
The people wanted Sonic- the unquestionable mascot of Sega. Shadow is just another fill in character and I am going to assume that Nintendo would bring another character from a different company than a 2nd character from a 3rd party company. Had Nintendo wanted another Sega character, Tails or Knuckles would have been chosen before Shadow.
andrewham7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 andrewham7
Member since 2004 • 440 Posts

why don't they add dr eggman too while their at it... and every character for metal gear. brawl ia a NINTENDO game

l3lackPenguins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 l3lackPenguins

ya but they added more than one charecter from games not from nintendo...... how could a couple more hurt??

andrewham7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 andrewham7
Member since 2004 • 440 Posts

ya but they added more than one charecter from games not from nintendo...... how could a couple more hurt??

l3lackPenguins

they didnt add more than one character from each non-nintendo game. There's one character from metal gear and one from sonic

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Shadow is a 5th tier character. He's just about the same level as James Pond when it comes to franchise awareness.

If you showed the average person (and even a lot of gamers) a pic of Shadow they'd ask why Sonic is colored differently.

Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
Shadow is not a prioncipal or secondary character, so they put it as an assist trophy.
l3lackPenguins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 l3lackPenguins
[QUOTE="l3lackPenguins"]

andrewham7

they didnt add more than one character from each non-nintendo game. There's one character from metal gear and one from sonic

i never said each......... again how could 2 or 3 more charecters hurt all that much?? and if they really wanted to make it all nintendo they might ask Sega to make a nintendo version of Sonic but i dont know.....

l3lackPenguins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 l3lackPenguins

Shadow is a 5th tier character. He's just about the same level as James Pond when it comes to franchise awareness.

If you showed the average person (and even a lot of gamers) a pic of Shadow they'd ask why Sonic is colored differently.

Jaysonguy

lol "why is sonic colored different" Funny but true!

TheAcejoel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

#15 TheAcejoel99
Member since 2008 • 1059 Posts
He would have been yet another clone. He's just sonic with a different skin tossed on him.
fartmixer26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 fartmixer26
Member since 2008 • 830 Posts
i'm pretty sure they would add tails and knuckles before adding shadow but with his chaos control thing he'd be kinda cool
l3lackPenguins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 l3lackPenguins

He would have been yet another clone. He's just sonic with a different skin tossed on him.TheAcejoel99

just like Toon Link

Nintendo decide they didnt want to take the time to make even the slightest changes in the charecters!!

and hopefully they would take the time to change his final smahs just a little bit............ maybe make it easier to controll.......

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#18 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
He'd play pretty much the same as sonic, so, no point.
fitootif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 fitootif
Member since 2005 • 883 Posts
no, please no more clones! besides if they are going to add another 3rd party character (of any franchise) Megaman would be the best option (at least for me LOL)
yonaswii08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 yonaswii08
Member since 2007 • 796 Posts
shadow is a great character better than sonic is to friendly in a bad way lol.....
yonaswii08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 yonaswii08
Member since 2007 • 796 Posts
shadow is a great character better than sonic is to friendly in a bad way lol.....
Nerd_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nerd_Man
Member since 2007 • 13819 Posts

Hmmmm
Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts
That's like asking why Master Chief wasn't in Brawl...
brawl_96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 brawl_96
Member since 2008 • 3953 Posts
no, please no more clones! besides if they are going to add another 3rd party character (of any franchise) Megaman would be the best option (at least for me LOL)
fitootif
yeah good point on megaman. and dont u remember that nintendo hated sega in da 80s and 90s y would they bring them in there games
hobobski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 hobobski
Member since 2007 • 168 Posts

im sure thousands of people have already said this, and i didn't even bother reading the other posts.

Shadow is an assist trophy...

anyway, other characters would of been much better. like tails. he could have a multijump, maybe a spin attack for side special, up special could be his tails spin and he flies around (like pit's but it hurts people) his final smash could be his plane flies in shoots, and tackles (like dragoon and snakes final)

well, that's my monologue...

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]He'd play pretty much the same as sonic, so, no point.l3lackPenguins

DO U NOT RED THE POSTS?!?!?!?!!????!??!?!?!?!!?

HE IS LIKE TOON LINK JUST A DIFFERENT SKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Toon Link is different then "mature" Link

He's a better character to boot

Plus Toon Link has two games in one of the biggest franchises in gaming. Shadow has ummmmm, about the same luck there as James Pond (as I said earlier)

l3lackPenguins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 l3lackPenguins
[QUOTE="l3lackPenguins"]

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]He'd play pretty much the same as sonic, so, no point.Jaysonguy

Plus Toon Link has two games in one of the biggest franchises in gaming. Shadow has ummmmm, about the same luck there as James Pond (as I said earlier)

AS YOU SAID EARLIER!!! but dont u get tired of repeating things like i did three times

and if Shadow didnt have any big games then why wouldnt Sega want to make him a big charecter???

anyways how is James Pond is that like a remake of James Bond??

Toon Link still has the same moves as Link no matter their height or size.....

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="l3lackPenguins"]

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]He'd play pretty much the same as sonic, so, no point.l3lackPenguins

AS YOU SAID EARLIER!!! but dont u get tired of repeating things like i did three times

and if Shadow didnt have any big games then why wouldnt Sega want to make him a big charecter???

they're based off the same moveset though, but a couple of toon link's air moves are different. and his b moves have different attributes

just thought i'd point that out >_>

Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#30 Lunar52
Member since 2006 • 2538 Posts
He was my favorite character. I don't like SOnic as much as shadow. NOoooo. Still brawl is the best game ever. Suliman-Uchia

He is an assist trophy. He is also not as recognisable as Sonic is.
Kuhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Kuhu
Member since 2004 • 2845 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="l3lackPenguins"]

Toon Link has different attributes from Link just like Sonick54 said. Shadow is also a lame character, I was angry enough to see him in as an assist trophy. Thats probably the same reason why sega doesn't want him to be a big character? Remember the game "Shadow the Hedgehog"? I remember a flop with the same name.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#32 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

Wow you guys are scaring me :cry:

But seriously Toon Link is quite different. His boomberang, bombs, and arrows are all have different styles than "mature Link". Although his Final Smash was undeniably cloned from Link, his speed and weight are very unsimilar to TP LInk.

darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts
He should of at least been a costume.
snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 snowman6251
Member since 2006 • 5321 Posts
Personally I want Snake and Sonic out. They're overplayed. Sonic's fighter stance is annoying and people go online and do nothing but spam it. Plus they aren't nintendo characters. At first when I saw the original trailer I was like "OMG SNAKE THATS SO COOL!!!!!!!!!1!!!!" but now that I think about it it really ruins the whole concept which is cram as much nintendo into a single game as physically possible. I'd rather have some other ninty characters in there like say Sothe and BWii soldier
Gigatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#36 Gigatron
Member since 2003 • 841 Posts

Because Shadow marked the decline of the series, and making that melodramatic sonuva***** playable would probably corrupt the disk. Popularity shouldn't dictate who goes in the damn game!

If you ask me... they should have made Knuckles playable because he'd be a strong up-close fighter, and his gliding and climbing abilities would be really interesting. Also, I think Robotnik would be a sweet unlockable character after you beat him as a boss in Subspace. He'd have his hovercraft, gadgets, and his taunt would be "PEENISH!"

But eff Sonic & the rest of his buddies! I would rather have Megaman or Simon Belmont before even thinking about Sonic.

Gigatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Gigatron

He should of at least been a costume.darkmark91

Now see, there's an idea. They should have taken way more creative liberties with the costumes! Metal Sonic would be cool as hell, too.

Gigatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Gigatron

Toon Link is fail. Despite minor variations, he's essentially a clone. He should have just been a costume.

I really appreciate them making Ganondorf really unique (compared to his Capt. Falcon moveset from Melee), but I think they should have tweaked Wolf and Falco just a bit more. I'm a bit neutral when it comes to Lucas. He's almost a clone, but the move changes (freeze, lightning, fire) are drastic enough that they change the character's playing style.

hell, I'm not complaining. I just pick whoever and I roll with it. Sure... I'm the best with Snake and Wario, but I like to change things up a bit. But I digress... this thread's supposed to be about the glaringly obvious reason why Emo the Hedgehog wasn't included.

aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts
The real question is, why is Sonic in Brawl.
snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 snowman6251

Toon Link is fail. Despite minor variations, he's essentially a clone. He should have just been a costume.

I really appreciate them making Ganondorf really unique (compared to his Capt. Falcon moveset from Melee), but I think they should have tweaked Wolf and Falco just a bit more. I'm a bit neutral when it comes to Lucas. He's almost a clone, but the move changes (freeze, lightning, fire) are drastic enough that they change the character's playing style.

hell, I'm not complaining. I just pick whoever and I roll with it. Sure... I'm the best with Snake and Wario, but I like to change things up a bit. But I digress... this thread's supposed to be about the glaringly obvious reason why Emo the Hedgehog wasn't included.

Gigatron

hate to break it to you but Toon Link > Link as a fighter by about a billion times

Wolf Falco and Fox are all the same and all incredibly nerfed and lame and bad and suck since melee

Lucas is surprisingly different than Ness. I like Lucas, ness can go crawl under a rock and die

and to end digression Shadow is lame

ahahaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#41 ahahaG
Member since 2005 • 393 Posts

HA...HAHA...sorry the thought of shadow in brawl, or realizing some people want him in brawl is a bit funny.

P.S. Toon Link is different from regular link in different ways, they're moves are not quite the same. I should know, i try to own on a daily basis with them (:

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts

Gigatron

wolf is no where near a fox clone.....

snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 snowman6251
[QUOTE="Gigatron"]

Sonick54

wolf is no where near a fox clone.....

I disagree. Wolf is definately the most different from the Star Fox characters but the basic concept behind all his moves are essentially the same and most moves are executed the same way ie. they play virtually identically

Gigatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Gigatron
Yeah... there's no escaping that they were a bit lazy with wolf. Falco's a bit less of a clone since Melee, but still I'm disappointed.
l3lackPenguins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 l3lackPenguins

Yeah... there's no escaping that they were a bit lazy with wolf. Falco's a bit less of a clone since Melee, but still I'm disappointed.Gigatron

just like i said before Nintendo was being lazy.....

ok since everyone would have conniptions about Shadow being in brawl i give up....

But i still think Nuckles and Tails should be playable charecters because they added Meta Knight and King Dedede from Kirby to make that like a series thing so they should make sonic a series or maybe just even add Nuckles OR Tails not even both

Anyways about the only thing Wolf and Fox that could connect them as clones would be thier Final Smash

(Nintendo LAZY!!)

ahahaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#46 ahahaG
Member since 2005 • 393 Posts

[QUOTE="Gigatron"]Yeah... there's no escaping that they were a bit lazy with wolf. Falco's a bit less of a clone since Melee, but still I'm disappointed.l3lackPenguins

just like i said before Nintendo was being lazy.....

ok since everyone would have conniptions about Shadow being in brawl i give up....

But i still think Nuckles and Tails should be playable charecters because they added Meta Knight and King Dedede from Kirby to make that like a series thing so they should make sonic a series or maybe just even add Nuckles OR Tails not even both

Anyways about the only thing Wolf and Fox that could connect them as clones would be thier Final Smash

(Nintendo LAZY!!)

Nintendo isn't lazy and obviously you have no idea how long it takes to make a game and make things work out, especially with fighting type games. Obviously wolf and falco are different from fox, and obviously this game was made by NINTENDO, and Sonic is Sega's mascot. They made an agreement to get him to be in there, and Tails and Knuckles are Sega characters, its quite obvious they wouldn't be in a nintendo game like that, Sonic and Snake were the only 2 non nintendo characters to make it in the game and it's best at that.

Avatar image for Super-Mario-Fan
Super-Mario-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

#47 Super-Mario-Fan
Member since 2006 • 4279 Posts
The fact that they made Shadow an assist trophy while making Knuckles and Tails mere cameos tells us that if two Sonic characters make it into SSB4, Shadow will probably be the second one. >_>
kombat130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48 kombat130
Member since 2007 • 116 Posts
I think shadow would be a horrible addition to SSBB. Its a nintendo game one third party character from a franchise is enough. The people who want more sonic characters are probably the one's who are sonic fanboys waiting for a good sonic game in years. Besides they have the Green Hill Zone(which you can see Tails,Knuckles,and Silver running in the background) and Shadow is already an assist trophy. I think thats enough for a Sonic fan to poop there pants.
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#49 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts
Tails would be better. he'd have an awesome Up B
Avatar image for UltimateXShadow
UltimateXShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 UltimateXShadow
Member since 2005 • 2312 Posts
I honestly feel that Knuckles would have been fantasic in Brawl, because his forte is strength (which would make him a great fighter) and because of his gliding ability (which fits perfectly with other characters' gliding abilities).