Where and how did you get YOUR Wii?

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for orangeturtle472
OrangeTurtle472

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 OrangeTurtle472
Member since 2007 • 2636 Posts

Where did you buy your wii from? I bought mine from zellers. (practically the canadian wal-mart) I can still remember buying it on February 19th last year. It's a crazy story... I called every store every single day to see if they had any wii's, and they all said no. this time, they said we have 3 left, and i was excited out of my mind. I went with my mom the moment she got home and when we got to the zellers, she told me to go get one and she'll park the car and come with her credit card. so i got to the electronics department and they said i couldn't hold the wii until i had the money. ARRRGH... so it took my mom about 5 minutes to park the car and get to the electronics department, and she then realized that she forgot her credit card in the car! she ran to go get it and now i was literally shaking in fear. there were two wii's left. a guy just came and bought one of them, so then there was ONE left. SO TENSE!! then someone called the electronics department and the shopkeeper said "yes we have one left." :O now i was going crazy. so FINALLY my mom comes and we buy the wii. getting my PS3 last week was WAAAY easier :P so what about you guys?

Moo-Moo-Milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Moo-Moo-Milk
Member since 2005 • 1007 Posts
I got my Wii at a Target. I love Target because the people there are very friendly and the store is very well kept.
waelzleb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 waelzleb
Member since 2008 • 468 Posts

I got mine he it first cam eout from future hop i dint even reserve one was lucky!

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

US launch

Woke up at 9:45am, went to Toys R Us at quarter past ten, got in line, got a Wii

ag1052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ag1052
Member since 2006 • 5725 Posts
I camped out at gamestop a month before launch to get a preorder... picked up my wii at their midnight launch.
fmacraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fmacraze
Member since 2007 • 5658 Posts
march/april at EB in canada early in the morning...
awptimistic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 awptimistic
Member since 2007 • 483 Posts

if zellers is the canadian walmart.. whats walmart in canada then?

cuz i got mine from walmart.

OrangeTurtle472

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 OrangeTurtle472

if zellers is the canadian walmart.. whats walmart in canada then?

cuz i got mine from walmart.

awptimistic

thats actually a very tough question :P

Kevdawgg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kevdawgg
Member since 2007 • 70 Posts

I could not find the wii anywhere. I ended up gettting one last week off ebay for $300 I got pretty lucky

as I saw how much otheres were going for!

j_honeysett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 j_honeysett
Member since 2003 • 216 Posts
Got mine from HMV. Walked in the store and queued to buy a DVD, saw a woman get one. This was December 23rd btw. Got to the counter and asked, they said one left, can't hold. I took it without a doubt. One of my best purchases ever imo.
forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts

Freezing morning on Canadian Launch day, which also happened to be the day after my birthday :) I got up at 6 am, went to my local wal-mart to find a massive line-up. I waited until the store opened at 6 to hand out numbers but I sadly didn't get one. Went to an EB games near by, there were three people in line, the sign on the door said 11 Wii's in stock. I got in line and I stood there against the cold and harsh winds.

What made the experience really special was that alot of the people I met in the line. First person in line was a really young kid, couldn't have been older than 12, he was waiting in line and he was going to call his dad as soon as something was going to happen. The next person in line was what seemd to be a man who was no younger than 30, he was standing in line with his mom...I kept all my comments about him to myself.

The rest of the people were relatively nice, one guy even walked over to the local starbucks to buy everyone in line coffee while we held his spot. I only knew those people for a couple of hours but when you stand in line in such cold weather when you're all dead tired you really develop a strange bond...one of the most entertaining game related experiences in my life.

chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts
My wife got it for me for Christmas '06. (I have the best wife ever!)
bladerV2MG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bladerV2MG
Member since 2004 • 402 Posts
I got it at BJ's whole sale at launch. All the other stores had been sold out for hours so I went over to BJ's just to see, and sure enough they had plenty in stock. It was great.
Chunkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Chunkman
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts
Hehehe, my mommy pre-ordered it for my at Zellers.(Yay.) It came in a bundle; the Wii package with Wii sports, but the Zellers special also included both Raving Rabbids and Excite Truck. I was pretty happy I got a Wii for Christmas last year. :D
chelosera91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 chelosera91
Member since 2007 • 778 Posts

My story is funny and sad:
I got it at Wal Mart on June 14th 2007.

6:36AM: My friend (who is a manager at wal mart) called me saying they had a bunch of wiis. I called a taxi and got ready. The taxi got home, I went into the taxi and the guy says "where are you going" (Haitian accent) I told him "wal mart". We got to walmart at 7:00 am

7:00 am: I went running to the Video game deparment, this kid at the shoes department had a Wii on his hands and I was like "Oh *****, maybe thats the last one" When I got to the videogame deparment there were no more left. I was like "damn, I wasted $10 for the taxi now I have to get home, thats $20". But I remembered the kid with the Wii so I went to the shoes deparment. The Wii was on top of the chairs where you can sit and try the shoes. The kid was in the other side. I was thinking for a moment then I grabbed it and ran to the register. I payed for the Wii and started running away from Walmart. 5 min after running, I took a deep breath and called a taxi.

7:25 am. The taxi came and it was the same guy. I got home and started to play Wii Sports, but then I was thinking about the kid when my boss called me to go to work on sunday, my day off. I got at Dunkin Donuts at 10:00am. This kid dropped his milk so I had to clean it, when I looked at his face, it was the same kid from Walmart, I was like WTF. The kid was about 7-9 years old. I hope the kid found a Wii.

chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

6:36AM: My friend (who is a manager at wal mart) called me saying they had a bunch of wiis. I called a taxi and got ready. The taxi got home, I went into the taxi and the guy says "where are you going" (Haitian accent) I told him "wal mart". We got to walmart at 7:00 am

7:00 am: I went running to the Video game deparment, this kid at the shoes department had a Wii on his hands and I was like "Oh *****, maybe thats the last one" When I got to the videogame deparment there were no more left. I was like "damn, I wasted $10 for the taxi now I have to get home, thats $20". But I remembered the kid with the Wii so I went to the shoes deparment. The Wii was on top of the chairs where you can sit and try the shoes. The kid was in the other side. I was thinking for a moment then I grabbed it and ran to the register. I payed for the Wii and started running away from Walmart. 5 min after running, I took a deep breath and called a taxi.

7:25 am. The taxi came and it was the same guy. I got home and started to play Wii Sports, but then I was thinking about the kid when my boss called me to go to work on sunday, my day off. I got at Dunkin Donuts at 10:00am. This kid dropped his milk so I had to clean it, when I looked at his face, it was the same kid from Walmart, I was like WTF. The kid was about 7-9 years old. I hope the kid found a Wii.

chelosera91

You swiped a Wii from a 7 year old kid? Dude, that's so not cool.

Avatar image for luigismansion101
luigismansion101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 luigismansion101
Member since 2003 • 733 Posts
i got mine on walmart.com one day, just looked one day and saw they had some in stock and got it. they were out of stock about 3 hours later.
godofwar1105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 godofwar1105
Member since 2007 • 101 Posts

Over the summer in target

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts
I got it at TOYSRUS. I had to spend the night there to get it.
Ethan_8-bit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ethan_8-bit
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I got mine at the local Wal-Mart Supercenter right after school. It wasn't at release, it was when they were recieving their second batch of them (which counted up to about 8-10 Wii's). I'm glad I got there earlier than a certain group of people. They came in around midnight waiting and they were going to sell it on eBay =_=;. Anyway, got it by waiting about 15 hours from about 3:30pm to 7:00am the next morning. Mission successful.
Watermelon4372

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Watermelon4372
Member since 2007 • 383 Posts

To the original poster, wow, that's pretty intense imo. I tried to get one originally around thanksgiving and I tried for days and days and days. Non-stop effort. Finally ordered one online for $265, but guess what, it was a scam. Paypal only got back $54. I was so angry. That's a lot of money to lose for me. I was so upset I stopped looking for one. Until I went over my friends house and played melee. A couple days ago I wanted one and searched to no avail. Told my mom best buy sold out 2 hours before then she told me her friend's son works there. They went there to visit and asked and he was able to put one to the side for me and I got it. About time, eh?

Killpill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Killpill
Member since 2005 • 296 Posts
I got my wii 2 weeks ago at a local gamestop 3 blocks away from my house........haha on my first try too! lol
aLexanderrness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 aLexanderrness
Member since 2008 • 333 Posts
do ppl still camp out to this day for a wii? i think i'm about to tomorrow..
Killpill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Killpill
Member since 2005 • 296 Posts
^ I think so.......I just saw you in the topic about wii shippements at ToysRUs, good luck man!
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sman3579

do ppl still camp out to this day for a wii? i think i'm about to tomorrow..aLexanderrness

Yes, there are still campers.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts

I preordered it at Gamestop a month before launch. Then at 12:00 on launch day, I picked it up. I was second in line for the Wii.

IMaRacOOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 IMaRacOOn
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

well i got my wii the day before my birthday march 18. i was originally going to get it as a gift on christmas the year before but it never came. then i asked for it for my birthday and my mom couldnt make up her mind. i found one in wal;mart but my mom didnt wanna buy it cause my dad had some issues with money. the was the most tragic day of my life. oh well, then in march my mom made it clear that i could get my wii for my birthday. so i spaent 2-3 weeks in march calling a few walmarts,targets a bestbuy and a cuircit city. i also called and checked at some gamestops and eb games. no luck. then i actually went around looking for one. the 11th store i checked was toyrus. they said they would recieve some on the following sunday the 18th. i waited the wekk and went back to toytrus on that saturday. they said that they were going to recieve a shipment so that i had to bwe there early the following day. i woke up at 6:30 and woke up my mom to take me to toysrus. there we waited from 7 to 11. during those grueling 4 hours i had to suffer from the heat and peopel wanting to cut in line since we were the first ther. finally the doors opened and we rushed in. i came home with my wii , zelda and a really bad sunburn. i came homedirectly to play and to celebrate for my birthday whioch would be the following day. oh and about the 11th store thing, i said that cause now thats my favorite number

dark_mask_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#28 dark_mask_91
Member since 2007 • 3004 Posts

chelosera91
i hope ur wii breaks...
aLexanderrness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 aLexanderrness
Toys R Us doesn't hand out tickets to those near the front of the line? =( We actually have to race to get in to electronics?
dark_mask_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dark_mask_91

Toys R Us doesn't hand out tickets to those near the front of the line? =( We actually have to race to get in to electronics?aLexanderrness
yea thats how i got my wii at toysrus i had to beat the old lady in the electric chair infront of me...

but i got lucky and got the last wii:D

Abstract_Choas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 Abstract_Choas
Member since 2008 • 466 Posts
EBAY!
slyux432

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 slyux432
Member since 2007 • 158 Posts

I got lucky :| there was a wii at eb games, i got it around august.

has anyone noticed that GH3 for the wii is out of stock EVERYWHERE!

awptimistic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 awptimistic
Member since 2007 • 483 Posts
gave a zjob.
ag1052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ag1052
Member since 2006 • 5725 Posts

[QUOTE="aLexanderrness"]Toys R Us doesn't hand out tickets to those near the front of the line? =( We actually have to race to get in to electronics?dark_mask_91

yea thats how i got my wii at toysrus i had to beat the old lady in the electric chair infront of me...

I would keep that story to myself if I were you.
Avatar image for videogameplaya2
videogameplaya2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 videogameplaya2
Member since 2006 • 396 Posts

chelosera91

Dude...you should feel real bad even in you don't... and you still had time to think about it before you went to work. You should have given the wii to the kid for free for what you did man.....

chelosera91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 chelosera91
wow, people actually believed me, they were a couple left.
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 sman3579

Toys R Us doesn't hand out tickets to those near the front of the line? =( We actually have to race to get in to electronics?aLexanderrness

They handed tickets when I went there.

dark_mask_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dark_mask_91
[QUOTE="dark_mask_91"]

[QUOTE="aLexanderrness"]Toys R Us doesn't hand out tickets to those near the front of the line? =( We actually have to race to get in to electronics?ag1052

I would keep that story to myself if I were you.

why??? not like i killed the old lady or STOLE her wii to get one..>__>
aLexanderrness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 aLexanderrness

[QUOTE="aLexanderrness"]Toys R Us doesn't hand out tickets to those near the front of the line? =( We actually have to race to get in to electronics?sman3579

They handed tickets when I went there.

Well I HOPE THEY DO, cause I've never been to the Toysrus I'm about to go to tomorrow, I don't wanna have to end up searching all over the place for the electronics section and leave empty handed being first in line =/

-Despacio-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 -Despacio-
Member since 2002 • 1881 Posts
Launch day at Wal-Mart, mignight. Stood in line for about 10 hours. Now that it's still hard to come by it appears it was well worth the time.
Wii60always

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Wii60always
Member since 2006 • 316 Posts
I got mine in Novemeber last year from TRU. I only spent an hour there and I ended up 18 out of 21.
Jakendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Jakendo
Member since 2007 • 3841 Posts
I actually went to the future and bought a wii when they had plenty in stock.
PeterPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 PeterPerson
Member since 2007 • 3627 Posts
ebay for $350
Jakendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Jakendo
Member since 2007 • 3841 Posts

chelosera91

Dude! That was totally my brother! ...I hate you now. My brother lost all hope that day. Now all he does is sit in the backyard and plays on the swing. All day he just swings. He barely eats. He doesnt talk. Just sits there on the swing... He doesnt even play with the Wii we got him.

chelosera91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 chelosera91
[QUOTE="chelosera91"]

Jakendo

Dude! That was totally my brother! ...I hate you now. My brother lost all hope that day. Now all he does is sit in the backyard and plays on the swing. All day he just swings. He barely eats. He doesnt talk. Just sits there on the swing... He doesnt even play with the Wii we got him.

lmao

SHACKR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SHACKR
Member since 2007 • 1226 Posts
I got my Wii at Christmas. I think it's from The Real Canadian Superstore.
AndYOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#48 AndYOU
Member since 2005 • 6712 Posts
October 16,2007 8:15, at a GameStop in St. Petersburg, Florida
SHACKR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SHACKR
Member since 2007 • 1226 Posts

October 16,2007 8:15, at a GameStop in St. Petersburg, FloridaAndYOU

Okay, either your memory is very good or you looked at the receit.

OrangeTurtle472

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 OrangeTurtle472

I got my Wii at Christmas. I think it's from The Real Canadian Superstore.SHACKR

i go there sometimes. man canada is such a copy cat :P