What do you want to see in LoZ Wii?

• 176 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#101 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

different setting in a war between hyrule and another faction. It'd be cool if they had guns (top loading) and all that stuff and different kinds of armor and a bunch of new items and a story that isn't crappy.magnax1

GUNS? GUNS? GUNS? Zelda with guns is like... i dunno something that would not be to good.

I was thinking more of the giant war to be like Lord of the rings. That would be awsome. you could stand ona high spotand snipe people with arrows or run into the middle of the battle andswingyour swordaround and kill everyone.

Goron_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 Goron_Link
Member since 2007 • 217 Posts
Fighting with the Hyrule army would be crazy. Instead of always finding out that Ganon has destroyed their forces you can actually fight with them to stop him.
sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#103 sonic_rusher
Member since 2007 • 2185 Posts
[QUOTE="sonic_rusher"][QUOTE="PrinceMonkey"][QUOTE="Chaos_Angel_14"]

[QUOTE="PrinceMonkey"]

3. I'm tired of the "Dungeon Map/Compass/Miniboss/Item/Boss battle that uses item" formula that every dungeon uses. Change things up a bit! How about a dungeon that doesn't use keys? How about a dungeon that has TWO Boss battles? How about a dungeon that IS a boss battle? (Okay, maybe that last one is a little ridiculous...)

alexh_99

I'm tired of hearing that, honestly, that is what zelda is.....if you dotn like it...then dont play zelda
honestly, that would be like saying in the next halo you'd want it to be in third person adn focus on melee combat
that ****is what zelda is, and its what most people like about the gaem...if you dont liek it...dotn play it

Um, I never said that Zelda should change genre and turn into a first-person shooter or something. I just said that the DUNGEON formula is getting stale and they should evolve it. Is their anything wrong with that?

I partially agree. But i like he dungeons its just they got to add a little spice that is why I really like the idea me and my friends thought up. I posted it earlier. It would involve a war. The whole next Zelda game would involve someone meaner than Ganon waging war on Hyrule. This Main bad guy is able to cause chaos among the good factions of hyrule so they remain seperated. While he unites all the evil.

This means some main bad guys from past link games are involved and have to be fought. The dungeons because you have to get something from that dungeon or you have to kill a creature from that dungeon because that is what is causing seperation among hyrule. There would be battles after you accomplish certain tasks and they would be real time full on BRAVEHEART ****battles. The battles would usually involve saving a city or something along that line because the main bad guy is trying to raise Hyrule to the ground. its not open ended tho because that crap never works good. The battles are part of a story line and they haved the same result if you actually beat the enemy, if you lose you go back to the save point. Each battle would involve you and whatever hyrule faction you have gotten on your side. Your men charge the enemy like you do but you have fight alot more people. They could make a good fighting system that would make link a little more jumpy so you can push off enemy and such.

I totally agree with that make this huge war at the end. And this would be awsome with 1:1 ratio controls like if there were a group of 500 enemys in this war. You just run into them and salsh you wii mote around and kill all of them. IT would be so cool.

A war invovles a series of battles so there would have to be a ton of battles in between the dungeons not just one. the last battle would take place at hyrule castle where the battle would take place in the ruined castle. At the top the main bad guy has the frozen Ganon and when he has the three triforce bearers together he does the his secret plan.

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 sonic_rusher
I hope you guys like my Battle series idea for new zelda game. i mean Dungeons are cool but not by themselves.
GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#105 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts

First of all, I think cell-shaded Zelda games are done on consoles. WW was a great game, but didn't sell well at all, and Nintendo actually said the series almost fell under because of it.

1. A less linear game like back in the OoT days would be wonderful. There was little to no free-roam in TP until the very end.

2. The story needs to have more heart in it. TP's was good (although weird), but only after I played it through twice. Let's see Link grow closer to more characters.

3. A pitched battle with Link leading Hyrule's forces against Gerudos led by Ganondorf would kick total ass.

bigmacksax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#106 bigmacksax
Member since 2003 • 65 Posts
I like the traditions like fighting Ganon, the triforce, Master sword and such, they just need to mix things up a bit. Since 'Link to the Past' it seems like: 3 dungeons, get Master sword, more dungeons, fight Ganon. Get some more out-of-dungeon action (like the horse battle) and more and harder boss fights. Its always obvious how to beat the boss because you find its weakness in the dungeon.And some people have mentioned leveling and other rpg elements. The farthest I would want to go with that is upgrading your sword and armor like 'Link to the Past'.There should also be a hard mode or something or some other incentive for replaying the game.
bigmacksax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 bigmacksax
Member since 2003 • 65 Posts

A less linear game like back in the OoT days would be wonderful. There was little to no free-roam in TP until the very end.

GamerForca
What was nonlinear about OoT? So far LttP and WW are the most nonlinear because you don't HAVE to do all the dungeons in order.
lazy-lasagna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#108 lazy-lasagna
Member since 2006 • 63 Posts
it seems like in a way that TP wasn't gonna be a zelda game. i don't know butLoZ has to mention Ganon and Princess Zelda alot. TP barely showed ganon and Link liked midna more than Zelda. I think TP was a slap on. but in the next game. i hope they show us a better story and the magic meter. maybe some voices too. Link doesn't have to have one.
stanley2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 stanley2011
Member since 2007 • 530 Posts
Alli want is a better control scheme likesword fighting that replicates the motion of the wiimote close to exact or something like that and way better graphics than the last game because i no the wii version of LoZ TP could have looked better:D:Dthat would make my day and maybe a futuristic setting as well:D:D
solidsnakeEx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#110 solidsnakeEx3
Member since 2004 • 26413 Posts
More sidequests. Like, more than Majora's Mask.
flowingluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 flowingluc
Member since 2007 • 347 Posts
I think i read somewhere that iwatata wanted to meake TP a first person perspective. Maybe in the next LoZ it will be a FPS kinda but differant and revolutionary using the wii balance board also.
GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 GamerForca
[QUOTE="GamerForca"]

A less linear game like back in the OoT days would be wonderful. There was little to no free-roam in TP until the very end.

bigmacksax

What was nonlinear about OoT? So far LttP and WW are the most nonlinear because you don't HAVE to do all the dungeons in order.

I was just using OoT as an example. After the first dungeon, you were free to go pretty much anywhere you wanted. Sure, you had to do most everything in a set order, but you could do anything you wanted in between. TP wasn't like that... at all.

Goron_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Goron_Link

Exactly MM was amazing for side missions. Thats what made it different from the rest besides a different land and the time. Add more side missions and a different world without Ganon and Zelda

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 sonic_rusher

First of all, I think cell-shaded Zelda games are done on consoles. WW was a great game, but didn't sell well at all, and Nintendo actually said the series almost fell under because of it.

1. A less linear game like back in the OoT days would be wonderful. There was little to no free-roam in TP until the very end.

2. The story needs to have more heart in it. TP's was good (although weird), but only after I played it through twice. Let's see Link grow closer to more characters.

3. A pitched battle with Link leading Hyrule's forces against Gerudos led by Ganondorf would kick total ass.

GamerForca

WW did sell good, it was not met well with alot of diehard fans but they still bought it.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 GamerForca
[QUOTE="GamerForca"]

sonic_rusher

WW did sell good, it was not met well with alot of diehard fans but they still bought it.

It sold great compared to almost every GC game. However, it sold terribly for a Zelda game.

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 sonic_rusher

Something i really liked about MP3 was that you did not have to go and get the traditional items half way through the game. You got most of the traditional stuff in the begining and then some new stuff at the end.

I hope the next zelda game doesnt make you get the master sword and the bow and all that in the middle. Hopefully they will listen to reason and make it so you have to focus on getting items we have never seen before.

BTW i always thought that whip would be an awsome weapon to have.

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 sonic_rusher
[QUOTE="sonic_rusher"][QUOTE="GamerForca"]

GamerForca

It sold great compared to almost every GC game. However, it sold terribly for a Zelda game.

dude where were you when they NPD had news of game sales. GC pretty darn good software sails, your thinking about hardware sails. GC sails would some times be on top.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 GamerForca
[QUOTE="GamerForca"][QUOTE="sonic_rusher"][QUOTE="GamerForca"]

sonic_rusher

dude where were you when they NPD had news of game sales. GC pretty darn good software sails, your thinking about hardware sails. GC sails would some times be on top.

It sold barely over 3 million, and was the 4th best-selling GC game. That's not good.

R3volv3r_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 R3volv3r_Snake
Member since 2007 • 260 Posts
SCI-FI
hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 hamstergeddon
Member since 2006 • 7188 Posts
SCI-FIR3volv3r_Snake

no
Avatar image for remmbermytitans
remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#121 remmbermytitans
Member since 2005 • 7214 Posts
ACTUAL swordfighting, it was nice that you could do little motions, but i want to fight with my sword, 1 to 1, motion..
doukueki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 doukueki
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I personally think that the next zelda game should have incrediblyreal graphics. I also think that the story should be off the usual plot, much like Majora's Mask, and should be unusually interesting story. Maybe change graphic schemes in different worlds say for instance cell shading for a different world or time or maybe even 2D graphics like the first legend of zelda.

The controls should be realistic and be fluid. For instance, pulling the bow string taught and releasing would be incredible, as well asa grapling hook to use the motion of swinging and throwing. Bombs like throwing grenades in other games like throwing or rolling motion would be cool too. The movement of Link should be some what like Prince of Persia climbing, jumping, running that would be insane. In addition, the camera angles should immerse you in the world of Link anddifferent angles, would be nice to have a choice. Voice acting and movies would be cool. I remember hearing link's voice in the old school cartoon of Zelda, it didn't bother me that much, but It should be a tougher voice. There should also be ninjas, vampires, dragons, knights, samurai and etc. And possibly giants, like shadow of the collosus giants. Amazing obstacles like that climb a giant and stab it realistically with a new control scheme!

The game's items should be more useful and cool. The shops need more stuff. Their should be a ton of secrets and extra items. The game needs challenge and length. Needs more dungeons, puzzles,enemies andbosses. It needs perspective. I'm just throwing out ideas and hope that this is considered if anyone in control of the developement of the next zelda game is reading this I just thought some of this would be cool. Thanks for reading.

Speedy454545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Speedy454545
Member since 2007 • 1311 Posts

Who said there is going to be another Zelda for Wii on the way? I never heard anything about this before?

You cant just assume they are going to make another Zelda game.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts

Who said there is going to be another Zelda for Wii on the way? I never heard anything about this before?

Speedy454545

Read throught the topic buddy it's been confirmed.

Avatar image for ChinoJamesKeene
ChinoJamesKeene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 ChinoJamesKeene
Member since 2003 • 1201 Posts

Make the game alot tougher and make the story worth caring about again.

Maybe take a risk and include an experience system, though it might not be appropriate.

dstv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 dstv
Member since 2007 • 1384 Posts

What makes you so sure there will be a Loz Wii?salty5674

it was pûblicly announced

dstv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 dstv
Member since 2007 • 1384 Posts

Speedy454545

have you been living under a rock lately

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 sonic_rusher
[QUOTE="sonic_rusher"][QUOTE="GamerForca"][QUOTE="sonic_rusher"][QUOTE="GamerForca"]

GamerForca

It sold barely over 3 million, and was the 4th best-selling GC game. That's not good.

Its actually the 13th best selling game of all time???? That is really good. and it was not the best selling GC game but even if it was (im pretty sure it wasnt) that is still really good.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 GamerForca

Its actually the 13th best selling game of all time???? That is really good. and it was not the best selling GC game but even if it was (im pretty sure it wasnt) that is still really good.

sonic_rusher

What? You said the GC had great sales. That's not true in the least bit. WW sold barely over 3 million copies and was the 4th best selling GC game. 3 million is terrible for a Zelda game, and it was still the 4th best-selling game. You know that RE4 didn't even sell 2 million on GC, right?

Avatar image for cloud_strifeXxX
cloud_strifeXxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 cloud_strifeXxX
Member since 2007 • 128 Posts
arrrgghh, gamerforca and sonic rusher, shut up and stop arguing. this isn't a gamecube sales column. what i want to see in the new zelda is Hyrule set about 40 to 50 years after TP. Have link from TP be possessed, or killed, or fall to the dark side. have him team up with ganondorf and vaati. i want to see vaati in a console game. that whole big war idea is pretty cool. i think that the new zelda has to be a whole lot different. i agree withmost of the stuff on here except for cel shading zelda. well thats my 2 cents
Goron_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Goron_Link

Link could never team up with Ganondorf. It would totally go against any of the zelda games. It wouldn't make sense at all. Get rid of Ganon or something. You don't need him to make a zelda game. Did no one like MM?

paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts
I want more boss fights, they were awsome in Loz TP
ekalbtwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#133 ekalbtwin
Member since 2007 • 1044 Posts
I loved MM. Zelda will have problems fitting in because everyone wants all kinds of stuff fromit but when they get it they still complain. With WW they all wanted "realistic graphics". when they got them in TP did that make the masses happy? no....
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#134 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts
Something that just occured to me, what can annoy me intensely is that when you save your game, it doesn't actually save your current position, but simply warps you to the entrance of the region. Hasn't anyone else found this tiring?property2r145
YES!!!! wors save system EVER lol. PLEASE NINTENDO MAKE A BETTER SAVE SYSTEM>
Iron_Re4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Iron_Re4
Member since 2007 • 275 Posts

i want to it be dark, with better graqphics than twilight princess, but same design, epic story and narrative (which it already has), and yes useful items, the dominion rod should be useful outside the dungeon, but sadly it was not, also id like the ites from OOT to be in the next one, and ofcoursea bunch of new ones..though i cant think of anything of the top of my head right now that would be nice to see ni zelda, as far as weapons are concerend....i also like the wolf thing in TP...

PrinceMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 PrinceMonkey
Member since 2004 • 29 Posts

Nintendo should add a jump button next time. Some might think its a bad idea, but I think it would really help expand everything (Combat strategies, level designs, puzzle, boss battles).

Also, alot of the items in TP sort of controlled the same. With the new wii controls, I think nintendo should try to give each item a different feel. I have some ideas, but first I'll go through a possible control scheme:

Button Layout:

Z- Lock-on

C- Look around

B- Special Action (Changes depending on active items) *Explained below*

A- Jump, Dodge, Roll

Direction Left, Right, Down- Take out Items (Press the item's direction again to put away)

Direction Up- Unsheath, Sheath Master Sword (No Sidekick this time...)

Motion Controls:

Wiimote- Control Weapon

Nunchuck- Control Shield

Pointer- Aim

*Okay, so the action button works a bit different. Basically, when you don't have an item out, it would do the traditional actions (Talk, open, check...). When you take an item out, it will change into a special action that depends on the item. Get it?

Items: * I'm only listing SOME items*

Master Sword- This one is obvious. Press UP to take it out. Swing the wiimote, and Link will slash his sword. No 1:1, but you can slash up, down, sideways, or stab (The latter two can distinguish height as well). Theres also more complex moves, like the spin attack (done by twirling the wiimote) or a heavy overhead slash (done by holding the wiimote backward and then slashing downward in an arc). Hold B to charge the sword (Uses up magic) then use different motions for special attacks (Sideways for Great Spin, Up and Down for Jump Strike...). Press UP again to put away.

Shield- Always active, unless unequipped. Tilt the nunchuck to change the angle of your shield, and swing it to bash enemies.

Bow- Press the corresponding direction to take it out, aim with the pointer, and press B to fire. This time the analog stick will be used to move, and the pointer will move the viewpoint. *Some people have suggested pulling the wiimote back for shooting, but doing this while aiming makes the cursor go nuts...*

Boomerang- When its out, make a throwing motion with the wiimote to throw it. It will automatically go after the nearest target. After throwing it, you can hold B, and the camera will zoom in on the boomerang and you can guide it with the wiimote. *This works alot like Heavenly Sword, escept that guiding a magical boomerang makes more sense than guiding a cannonball...*

Hammer- Simple as well. Shake or twirl the wiimote to do a continous spin attack (spinning too much will make Link dizzy). Raise it up, then swing downward to smash down and crush anything in front of you. As for the B button, well, I haven't really thought of anything (maybe activate an elemental power?).

Grappling hook- Hold down B and make a throwing motion (direction is IMPORTANT) to throw the grappling hook. It will go in that direction and hit the nearest grappleable(?) target. When you have attached to a small object, you can pull the wiimote to pull that object toward you. If it's too heavy, you can press A to pull yourself towards it. Let go of B to detach it.

Spinner- Press the corresponding direction to board the spinner, and press it again to put it away. Press A to "Spin." This item is a bit different from others, since you toggle it on and off (like the iron boots) and can use other weapons while using it (Sword. Spinner. Think about it....)

...Oh Wow that was longer than I thought it would be! Gosh I'm such a nerd...Anyway what do you guys think?

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 sonic_rusher
[QUOTE="sonic_rusher"]

GamerForca

What? You said the GC had great sales. That's not true in the least bit. WW sold barely over 3 million copies and was the 4th best selling GC game. 3 million is terrible for a Zelda game, and it was still the 4th best-selling game. You know that RE4 didn't even sell 2 million on GC, right?

Ya guess what it almost sold as much as the PS2 version and the RE series had an installed base on Playstation console for years. Lsten most games dont sell 8 and half million copies like Loz: OoT. that game is still considered the best game of all time. Of course WW is not gonna be on the same level. But the fact that the series took a huge chance and still sold over 3 million shows that it did really good because MOST games that are exclusive dont sell that good on verage.

Now GC had better sales than Xbox across the board except for Halo and Halo 2 but generally on a year to year basis GC games as a whole sold better than Xbox games as a whole. PS2 probably had better sales but GC came close like 2004 GC had better software sails.

Now just because PS2 had better software sails over all DOeSnt MEAN GC HAD TERRIBLE SOFTWARE SAILS. You keep comparing two things and basing your arguement off that, but it does not work like that.

Half-Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

#138 Half-Ghost
Member since 2006 • 9756 Posts
I hope they add a lot of new items, many sidequests and a lot of bosses.
GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 GamerForca
[QUOTE="GamerForca"][QUOTE="sonic_rusher"]

sonic_rusher

Ya guess what it almost sold as much as the PS2 version and the RE series had an installed base on Playstation console for years. Lsten most games dont sell 8 and half million copies like Loz: OoT. that game is still considered the best game of all time. Of course WW is not gonna be on the same level. But the fact that the series took a huge chance and still sold over 3 million shows that it did really good because MOST games that are exclusive dont sell that good on verage.

Now GC had better sales than Xbox across the board except for Halo and Halo 2 but generally on a year to year basis GC games as a whole sold better than Xbox games as a whole. PS2 probably had better sales but GC came close like 2004 GC had better software sails.

Now just because PS2 had better software sails over all DOeSnt MEAN GC HAD TERRIBLE SOFTWARE SAILS. You keep comparing two things and basing your arguement off that, but it does not work like that.

No I don't. :| I just said that Zelda almost fell under because WW didn't sell very well, and you came in and started an argument with me. Nintendo has confirmed that Zelda almost fell under. I didn't start the argument about GC sales either... you did.

Btw, GC games that sold over 1 mil: 23; N64 games that sold over 1 mil: 37

darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts
I want a much darker Zelda game, like you see Ganondorf randomly killing someone important just because he wanted to.
FireCracker146

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 FireCracker146
Member since 2007 • 317 Posts
Don't know how this sounds to you guys but how about a greater evil? something that shows up about 3 quarters through the game.. and to defeat it links needs the power of Ganon and Zelda.. Zelda gives Link her powers, while Link has to kill Ganon.. Also give some choice, nothing to plot altering, just the choice to kill Ganon and steal his powers, or a choice between good and evil(done to death but it could really work for Zelda)or a choice out of three dungeons at a time, which one to goto first. Mabey return of navi(or other fairy).. I thought she was the best support character..
sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 sonic_rusher
[QUOTE="sonic_rusher"][QUOTE="GamerForca"][QUOTE="sonic_rusher"]

GamerForca

No I don't. :| I just said that Zelda almost fell under because WW didn't sell very well, and you came in and started an argument with me. Nintendo has confirmed that Zelda almost fell under. I didn't start the argument about GC sales either... you did.

You do. You said compared to the other Zleda games this sold horrible which is not true. All zelda games sell well generally. OoT cannot be compared to. it is in a league of its own.

And no you are wrong again, WW did not almost crush the franchise because it sold 2.5 million in North america alone.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_Waker#Reception

and much more world wide. That is not bad sales.

also how the hell could this game make the series fall if they are making a sequal on the DS and they are being even more bold with the controls. Sorry what you said was just random and wrong.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 GamerForca

You do. You said compared to the other Zleda games this sold horrible which is not true. All zelda games sell well generally. OoT cannot be compared to. it is in a league of its own.

And no you are wrong again, WW did not almost crush the franchise because it sold 2.5 million in North america alone.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_Waker#Reception

also how the hell could this game make the series fall if they are making a sequal on the DS and they are being even more bold with the controls. Sorry what you said was just random and wrong.

sonic_rusher

You don't know what you're talking about, so I don't know why you continue. :| Miyamoto himself said Zelda was nearly finished because of lackluster sales, especially in Japan. The first Zelda sold about 6.5 million. The second sold over 4.3 million. LttP sold about 6 million. OoT over 8 million. MM about 3.5 million. TP closing in on 5 million. LA sold over 6 million. The Oracles sold about 4 million each. WW sold barely 3 million, and barely .5 million in Japan, so of course Miyamoto became sceptical about it. But continue to argue blindly, whatever.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 AuthenticM
Member since 2007 • 748 Posts

I want Ganondorf and Zelda to both have VAs. And I want Ganon to kill Zelda Aerith-style near the end of the game. Make it a tragedy.

And The Legend of Zelda franchised is far from finished. Any game that sells past the million mark is far from nihil.
sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 sonic_rusher
[QUOTE="sonic_rusher"]

GamerForca

You don't know what you're talking about, so I don't know why you continue. :| Miyamoto himself said Zelda was nearly finished because of lackluster sales, especially in Japan. The first Zelda sold about 6.5 million. The second sold over 4.3 million. LttP sold about 6 million. OoT over 8 million. MM about 3.5 million. TP closing in on 5 million. LA sold over 6 million. The Oracles sold about 4 million each. WW sold barely 3 million, and barely .5 million in Japan, so of course Miyamoto became sceptical about it. But continue to argue blindly, whatever.

Thats not what he said. He said that games like Wii Sports and Brain age are showing signs of selling better than LoZ. they did not say it was going to collapse from WW. Why would they make a sequal to a, as you call it 'unsuccessful' game? They dont make sequals to failures, esp oone that is considered a flagship for the DS. On top of that WW sold more than 3 mill. How can am I arguing blindly if you cannot answer my points. I am bringing up ideas and it seems you are the one arguing blindly because you wont adress them. BTW even if Myamoto says it, does not mean its true, it just so happens you just misinterpreted him. He said they are making more games like Wii Play instead of games more like LoZ.

The Zelda series has declined a little bit as whole not just because of WW but its tendency to no voice acting and they keep trying to make games too similar to OoT.

If they want to make a game like OoT, they must be original like OoT which involves making something completely new and different from OoT.

beeahillbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 beeahillbilly
Member since 2005 • 206 Posts
link needs to drive a hummer
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#147 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

a few points about LoZ,

• The games do not have to be updated with futuristic techs and the like. Zelda games are only constrained by the imaginations of people who design them
  • The next zelda would have to integrate motion sensing a lot more to really stress the advantage of the wii over the other consoles. A lot of you are saying 1:1, but I doubt that a swordfighting game could accomplish it. MaybeNo More Heroeswill prove otherwise. The wiimote can do 1:1 on slow stuff, but not fast, jerky movements like swordfighting
  • In my heart of hearts, I have to admit that I want a sequel to Majora's Mask. Not going to happen though. I'm not expecting a Majora's Mask sequel ever, which is a shame since I love that game mechanic and I would love to see it more flushed out then what MM did with it. There was a time when I was obsessed with this game, and I even wrote up a flushed out sequel to the game
GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 GamerForca

Thats not what he said. He said that games like Wii Sports and Brain age are showing signs of selling better than LoZ. they did not say it was going to collapse from WW. Why would they make a sequal to a, as you call it 'unsuccessful' game? They dont make sequals to failures, esp oone that is considered a flagship for the DS. On top of that WW sold more than 3 mill. How can am I arguing blindly if you cannot answer my points. I am bringing up ideas and it seems you are the one arguing blindly because you wont adress them. BTW even if Myamoto says it, does not mean its true, it just so happens you just misinterpreted him. He said they are making more games like Wii Play instead of games more like LoZ.

The Zelda series has declined a little bit as whole not just because of WW but its tendency to no voice acting and they keep trying to make games too similar to OoT.

If they want to make a game like OoT, they must be original like OoT which involves making something completely new and different from OoT.

sonic_rusher

You're reading the wrong thing. In another interview, he said that he was close to deciding to end Zelda. Also, who in the hell said WW was unsuccessful? Must you put words in my mouth now? It was a great game, it just didn't meet sales expectations set by Nintendo. And, if you read my first post more clearly, you'd see that I said (or implied) that Ninty wouldn't make any more console cell-shaded games. The DS is not, and I repeat IS NOT, a console. A cell-shaded game would fit the DS perfectly, due to its weaker hardware.

And what points of yours am I supposed to be addressing? You wanted to argue that Nintendo would put out another cell-shaded Zelda on a console, correct (this is why you quoted me)? I told you that Nintendo wouldn't do that again because WW didn't meet their sales expectations. A handheld is getting it, but not a console. All my points still stand.

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 sonic_rusher
[QUOTE="sonic_rusher"]

GamerForca

You're reading the wrong thing. In another interview, he said that he was close to deciding to end Zelda. Also, who in the hell said WW was unsuccessful? Must you put words in my mouth now? It was a great game, it just didn't meet sales expectations set by Nintendo. And, if you read my first post more clearly, you'd see that I said (or implied) that Ninty wouldn't make any more console cell-shaded games. The DS is not, and I repeat IS NOT, a console. A cell-shaded game would fit the DS perfectly, due to its weaker hardware.

And what points of yours am I supposed to be addressing? You wanted to argue that Nintendo would put out another cell-shaded Zelda on a console, correct (this is why you quoted me)? I told you that Nintendo wouldn't do that again because WW didn't meet their sales expectations. A handheld is getting it, but not a console. All my points still stand.

Read the boldedsentence of yours.THATS WHAT UNSUCCEsSFUL MEANS!!!!! It was successful (being that you dont know what that means-good sales and reviews) and Ill repeat it again because you addressed it like a 5 year they are making a sequal to the game so it has to of done good. It does not matter if it is on a console or handheld. Also this handheld is more successful than its console counterparts.

Still did not address me but give me proof of where they said this game did bad in SALES meaning money. Even if yo can prove it, it basically means nothing because it still sold better than most games because it is one of the best selling games of all time. So what else is there for you to say. Let me hear you actually say something new???? Cause everything else seems to not make sense.

Jerrko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Jerrko
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Orchestrated music.