What do you want to see in LoZ Wii?

• 176 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Ok, so with a new zelda surely on the way, what would you like to see improved, added or droped in the next zelda game? What kinda story would you like to see?

For me, he main problem right now is that it has become stale after 4 games with the nearly exact same story, combat, and design. So:

1 - Make the game less linear. Let me have some choice of what order to tackle most dungeons.

2 - Don't throw in so many useless items. I swear in TP, after the dungeon you get them in, the morningstar, slingshot, boomerang, spin disk, and magic wand are worthless and almost never used in any meaningful way.All any player should need to beat the game is a bow, bombs, a proper boomerang, and a lamp. Everything else should be hidden extras. Useful extras like...unlike the magic armor.

3- Combat feels good. Targeting was spot on in WW and TP. But now that we have the wiimote, and not a GC version of TP holding us back, go full 1:1 sword combat. Keep the rest of the combat the same. Make enemies that require certain directional swings to beat. Like en enemy with armor everywhere but their head requires head strikes. Make each enemy a puzzle I guess. And have all the sword attacks be swinging. It was weird swinging for normal attacks, but pressing A for others and swinging the nunchuck for others.

4- Change the plot design a bit. If I get another game about ganondorf, link, and zelda having triforce marks on their hands...I'm gonna be peeved.

5 - Make rupees worth something. Make shops worth going too.

6- Also, I was most impressed by WW graphics. I would love to see another cell-shaded zelda game, but just darker. Link should be an adult and if they could cell shade a game to look like the art from TP...that would be awsome.

Cell shade this!

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts
You pretty much said it all. Except I want enemy difficulty to at least match Metroid games.
shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts
My #1 thing to have in Zelda Wii :
#1.  Resident Evil 4 over the sholder camera angle.
Ophyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Ophyre
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

You can't have a Zelda Game without Link, Zelda, and Ganandorf, it's original
any other games with out them are like side LoZ games...
And the marks on the hand means that they have the power, they wouldn't be chosen with out it

and I'd keep link the age he is now.

Other than that, dude, you preetty much said it.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
Well, I don't think they should drop link, zelda or ganon. But maybe shake things up a bit. And some of the best zelda games did not have all this chosen junk. Like link to the past or minish cap.
alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

Ok, so with a new zelda surely on the way, what would you like to see improved, added or droped in the next zelda game? What kinda story would you like to see?

For me, he main problem right now is that it has become stale after 4 games with the nearly exact same story, combat, and design. So:

1 - Make the game less linear. Let me have some choice of what order to tackle most dungeons.

2 - Don't throw in so many useless items. I swear in TP, after the dungeon you get them in, the morningstar, slingshot, boomerang, spin disk, and magic wand are worthless and almost never used in any meaningful way.All any player should need to beat the game is a bow, bombs, a proper boomerang, and a lamp. Everything else should be hidden extras. Useful extras like...unlike the magic armor.

3- Combat feels good. Targeting was spot on in WW and TP. But now that we have the wiimote, and not a GC version of TP holding us back, go full 1:1 sword combat. Keep the rest of the combat the same. Make enemies that require certain directional swings to beat. Like en enemy with armor everywhere but their head requires head strikes. Make each enemy a puzzle I guess. And have all the sword attacks be swinging. It was weird swinging for normal attacks, but pressing A for others and swinging the nunchuck for others.

4- Change the plot design a bit. If I get another game about ganondorf, link, and zelda having triforce marks on their hands...I'm gonna be peeved.

6- Also, I was most impressed by WW graphics. I would love to see another cell-shaded zelda game, but just darker. Link should be an adult and if they could cell shade a game to look like the art from TP...that would be awsome.

Cell shade this!

goblaa

*SPOLERS*

I agree with 1 3 and 5.

2) yes i agree the items are useless (besides clawshot boomarang arrows and bombs) but what i want to see nintendo do is to give us cool items like Spinner Ball and chain Etc. But make us use them the whole game. Honestly you get the spinner in the 4th dungeon. And honestly you never use it again (besides getting like 2 heart pieces) So in Zelda games the dungeon puzzles are easy because all you have to think is Can i solve this using arrows, bombs, clawshot, boomarang or the item i just got.

Nintendo should

make you get an item in the 1st dungeon and still have to use it for the seventh dungeon. not just never use it again.

Four i agree with ophyre

6.) NO!

Mr_Doodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mr_Doodle
Member since 2007 • 579 Posts
You make a lot of good points, although I like the otherperson'sidea of more difficulty in enemies (Metroid difficulty). If there's one thing I'd like in the Wii Zelda game that's different from TP would be to have Nintendo release it before the release of their next system.
littlefugue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 littlefugue
Member since 2003 • 369 Posts

Voice acting is a must. Metroid Prime 3 just proved the argument about Link's silence pointless. Actually, Half-Life did that back in 1998. . . .

I'd also like better motion controls. I don't want true 1:1 sword combat, but context-sensitive directional strikes would really help. In addition, what if firing the bow required holding down the B button, pulling back on the remote (i.e., the bowstring), and releasing the B button? Yes, that could be complicated, but it's a thought.

All told, I'd be much happier with a game that simply challenged me, and not just to find random insects, at that!

salty5674

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 salty5674
Member since 2006 • 927 Posts
What makes you so sure there will be a Loz Wii?
meedak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 meedak
Member since 2003 • 177 Posts

The thing I want the most is to actually use the Wii to its full potential. Like someone else said, Hold B&A to "pinch" an arrow, pull back and let go to shoot an arrow. Hard? Yes. More realistic? Yes. More enjoyable? I think so. Gritty 1:1 combat would be awesome, with the nunchaku serving as the shield and the wiimote serving as the sword.

I think voice acting would do well as well.

Quiksilver0519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Quiksilver0519
Member since 2007 • 402 Posts

Voice acting is a must. Metroid Prime 3 just proved the argument about Link's silence pointless. Actually, Half-Life did that back in 1998. . . .

I'd also like better motion controls. I don't want true 1:1 sword combat, but context-sensitive directional strikes would really help. In addition, what if firing the bow required holding down the B button, pulling back on the remote (i.e., the bowstring), and releasing the B button? Yes, that could be complicated, but it's a thought.

All told, I'd be much happier with a game that simply challenged me, and not just to find random insects, at that!

littlefugue

give every1 a voice but link, the thought of him having a voice kinda sucks, well just cause what if he sounds like a noob. or nothing like u would expect him to...

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Pretty much i want them to do something that like what retro did with Metroid Prime 1 -- make it something drastically different and cool
littlefugue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 littlefugue
Member since 2003 • 369 Posts
[QUOTE="littlefugue"]

Quiksilver0519

give every1 a voice but link, the thought of him having a voice kinda sucks, well just cause what if he sounds like a noob. or nothing like u would expect him to...

Yeah, that was what I was getting at.
-Prime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -Prime-
Member since 2006 • 964 Posts

Pretty much i want them to do something that like what retro did with Metroid Prime 1 -- make it something drastically different and coolHaziqonfire

My thoughts exactly - I'm ready for the series to try something new.

7arek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 7arek
Member since 2007 • 725 Posts

goblaa

I love 3. I'm sorry but in TP I didn't really feel like I was actually swinging the sword, but fishing felt spot on.... if they could make the sword-play as awesome as the fishing stuff, then that would make me very very happy.

Also, I thought 6 was an interesting point, I never actually thought about how that would work out, but it seems like a great idea.

yaceka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 yaceka
Member since 2006 • 251 Posts
[QUOTE="goblaa"]

Cell shade this!

alexh_99

*SPOLERS*

I agree with 1 3 and 5.

2) yes i agree the items are useless (besides clawshot boomarang arrows and bombs) but what i want to see nintendo do is to give us cool items like Spinner Ball and chain Etc. But make us use them the whole game. Honestly you get the spinner in the 4th dungeon. And honestly you never use it again (besides getting like 2 heart pieces) So in Zelda games the dungeon puzzles are easy because all you have to think is Can i solve this using arrows, bombs, clawshot, boomarang or the item i just got.

Nintendo should

make you get an item in the 1st dungeon and still have to use it for the seventh dungeon. not just never use it again.

Four i agree with ophyre

6.) NO!

Agreed on #6, and I tried making a more "cartoony" Link using the Twilight Princess Link:

P.S. I know, I suck at photoshop. :(
Jayesler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jayesler12
Member since 2006 • 1690 Posts
i'd like to see the characters talk. i honestly hate reading the little subtitles. and yea, less linear. i don't think you could change the story plot too much because its simple. Link rescues Zelda from Ganondorf, and saves Hyrule, and maybe a few side characters like Midna and Zant. but most of all,...i want to see them talk!! god, all i hear is grunts when the characters are either getting attacked, or there is some drama. and midna was all jibberish which was dumb.
hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hamstergeddon
Member since 2006 • 7188 Posts
Maybe some twists in the plot that make you challenge right and wrong or morals.  Like, to save Hyrule from a demon invasion you have to destroy the dam to kill them all, but this would also wipe out kakriko village or something like that.  Something that makes you think. (this was just an example I pulled out of my ass, hopefully they'll think of something better than that) 
zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

i'd like to see the characters talk. i honestly hate reading the little subtitles. and yea, less linear. i don't think you could change the story plot too much because its simple. Link rescues Zelda from Ganondorf, and saves Hyrule, and maybe a few side characters like Midna and Zant. but most of all,...i want to see them talk!! god, all i hear is grunts when the characters are either getting attacked, or there is some drama. and midna was all jibberish which was dumb.Jayesler12

I think they had to remove any ideas of adding voice acting because the game was mainly being made for the GC. The Gc disk hold only about 1GB or almost 2GB.

reno7728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 reno7728
Member since 2007 • 258 Posts

what would your reactions be to a 3-d remake of a game like a link to the past

i don't think i would want to play through that story again

just want to see what you think

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts

1. Darker story.

2. More magic/fantasy

3. Be able to play as Zelda! (Crap idea >.>)

bsbowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bsbowman
Member since 2006 • 203 Posts
Firstly, I want the game to be more challenging, especially in the puzzles.

I'd like to see the next one have more of a Lost Vikings flair where you can control Link, Zelda/Sheik and Ganondorf as they unite their respective powers to combat a greater evil.  Each of them could have different abilities, and even different uses for the same items.  Imagine playing as stealthy Sheik as you work your way unseen through a dungeon's traps and puzzles when you open a door and are greeted by a giant armored foe that you're unable to damage.  Now Sheik has to make a mad dash back the way she came until she gets to where Link or Ganondorf are waiting to give the nasty a good thrashing.

No more cell shading, please.
flowingluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 flowingluc
Member since 2007 • 347 Posts
They should have 1:1 sword fighting and the should use the wii balance board. Nintendo should change the story drastically.
Tadeo323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Tadeo323
Member since 2007 • 48 Posts
I Like to see a MMORPG with the characters of zelda and fight for level
alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 alexh_99

I Like to see a MMORPG with the characters of zelda and fight for levelTadeo323

No

big_mak123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 big_mak123
Member since 2006 • 268 Posts
I think i still want to see a leveling system. It would be like kingdom hearts. Also it would be better if ganondorf would have to join forces with link because of a greater evil. Like something like the triforce broke and now there is chaos. The only ones who could restore it is zelda ganondorf and of course Link. The reason i want a leveling system is because the bosses are to easy. If they had leveling system such as kingdom hearts they can make bosses EXTREMELY hard so that i would have to get stronger and fighting monsters would be of use to me. Also it would show how much stronger link gets. In all zelda games he attacks the same each and every time. The only time he gets stronger is when he gets a new sword. They dont have to add HP or anything but a leveling system would be MUCH better
Galen20K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Galen20K
Member since 2003 • 556 Posts

I think i still want to see a leveling system. It would be like kingdom hearts. Also it would be better if ganondorf would have to join forces with link because of a greater evil. Like something like the triforce broke and now there is chaos. The only ones who could restore it is zelda ganondorf and of course Link. The reason i want a leveling system is because the bosses are to easy. If they had leveling system such as kingdom hearts they can make bosses EXTREMELY hard so that i would have to get stronger and fighting monsters would be of use to me. Also it would show how much stronger link gets. In all zelda games he attacks the same each and every time. The only time he gets stronger is when he gets a new sword. They dont have to add HP or anything but a leveling system would be MUCH betterbig_mak123

No I think that Ganon joing Forces with Link and Zelda is SUCH A HORRIBLE Idea that WOuld Totally WReak the Game to its CORE>>>> BAD bad bad!!!

dark_mask_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#28 dark_mask_91
Member since 2007 • 3004 Posts
I Like to see a MMORPG with the characters of zelda and fight for levelTadeo323
hell no
alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 alexh_99

[QUOTE="Tadeo323"]I Like to see a MMORPG with the characters of zelda and fight for leveldark_mask_91
hell no

agreed

Giff1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 Giff1988
Member since 2007 • 800 Posts
Tougher Boss Battels. They have the design down to a science but they just dont take enough health away from you when you get hit. Being steped on bya 50 foot fire monster should cause more damage than a quarter of a heart.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30688 Posts

Not to be mean, but some of you just have terrible ideas.I disagree with just about everything the TC said minus the thing about more motion controls. However that will obviously done so it goes without saying. About the game have linear points, uh thats the way a story works my friend. It wouldnt make much sense if you saw the cutscene for the middle of the story, or the end before the beginning right? The more story driven a game is the more linear it will be, Twilight Princess has a good balance. Also the Twilight Princess story was nothing like any other Zelda game.

A story without Link, Zelda, and Ganon, well that wouldnt exactly be Zelda now would it. Hyrule is an infinite world and so is the triforce. As long as Hyrule is around, the triforce will be as well, and then so will Ganon, Zelda, and Link. Since they all have the triforce. You were forced to use Rupees more in TP than any other Zelda, howeverI dont want the game to become all about spending money. I enjoy finding weapons more than I enjoy buying them. Another Cel Shaded game equals another bad idea.

I would like to see a more expansive Hyrule, make it bigger and grander with more places to go. Like some small side villages never seen or heard of. Also I would like more side quest, like maybe another trading quest.But this time, with more to do, like for example maybe you have to trade something that requires you to scrap a carriage to the back of epona, or you have to rent a boat to carry something across a river or something. Freshen it up to be more than just ride from one side of Hyrule to the other. Voice acting, I could take it or leave it.

diablo_human

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 diablo_human
Member since 2007 • 754 Posts

First person LoZ anyone? :P

Nah, gritty realistic 1:1 sword combat and shield, more difficult, a damnsight more enermies, like entire hordes,or massive groups of travelling orcs that wander randomly, a working shop and money system, weather - heavy rain, flooding, wind - all the old effects in one game - adds to the realism of our heros adventure :D, more dramatic landscape, I want massive rolling hills, huge cliffs with secret stairways, shallow rivers, zelda games have always had this, but on wii it needs to be even better.

Avatar image for thegame27_basic
thegame27_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 thegame27_basic
Member since 2002 • 1980 Posts

I wouldn't mind a WW style game, maybe a mix of those graphics and killer 7's. But keep it colorful like WW.

The best game would be MM characters mixed with the epicness of OoT and updated controls of TP and add an original storyline.

Virus214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Virus214
Member since 2007 • 2052 Posts
Well.. Since Ninty is remaking the game... They should make an epic trilogy. 3 more games.. that actually follow eachother. Not like OoT, and MM, but are actually. one coherent story, The second one picks up right where the first one left off. Include new ideas though, kickass items, defenantly some new, original ideas and a seriously compelling story line. It would be. amazing.
reno7728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 reno7728
Member since 2007 • 258 Posts

Well.. Since Ninty is remaking the game... They should make an epic trilogy. 3 more games.. that actually follow eachother. Not like OoT, and MM, but are actually. one coherent story, The second one picks up right where the first one left off. Include new ideas though, kickass items, defenantly some new, original ideas and a seriously compelling story line. It would be. amazing.Virus214

that would be the opitemy of all awesomeness and epicness

but would it all fit in the wiis lifespan?

Scroll-Lock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Scroll-Lock
Member since 2007 • 530 Posts
Difficulty, choice, voice acting.. That's all I want.
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#37 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

I'm sure whatever Nintendo does will be fine. I don't really know what to want in the next Zelda.

Well not to be a graphics wh0r3, but I just want a gmae to shut up everyone in SW for a little bit.

Avatar image for thegame27_basic
thegame27_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 thegame27_basic
Member since 2002 • 1980 Posts

[QUOTE="Virus214"]Well.. Since Ninty is remaking the game... They should make an epic trilogy. 3 more games.. that actually follow eachother. Not like OoT, and MM, but are actually. one coherent story, The second one picks up right where the first one left off. Include new ideas though, kickass items, defenantly some new, original ideas and a seriously compelling story line. It would be. amazing.reno7728

that would be the opitemy of all awesomeness and epicness

but would it all fit in the wiis lifespan?

Who cares. A lot of series have gone into the next system. God of War, Halo, etc.

I really want a game like that, but that would hopefully make it have a deeper story with deeper characters. Please Nintendo.

Goron_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Goron_Link
Member since 2007 • 217 Posts

Link should go of to another land similar to Majoras Mask but without the limited time.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
I want a more alive world. Real towns people walking field roads a few animals. Think about how great the lake would have been if it were actually alive. I want more of a living breathing world.
Avatar image for StephenBassford
StephenBassford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 StephenBassford
Member since 2004 • 889 Posts

First of all, let me start out by saying that this is an extremely well written post. I agree with just about everything on here.

I would like the Zelda game to have more freedom, like in the Original Metroid Prime.

I know this sound crazy, but online play would be awesome.

Archery scoreboards and other minigames scoreboards online would be awesome.

Even recorded things like speed runs or some sort of minigame like in FF8 (the card game)

I really like the cel-shaded adult idea.

I would like to also see a ridiculously evil looking main boss. It would be cool if the last temple had an evil feel to it (not evil as in ghosts, but as in demon like creatures).

Also, itd be cool if the game could have some Animal Crossing based things, like a letter system. The game seemed similar with the collecting bugs in TP, so itd be cool to see that idea be expanded.

Can we please have zelda turn into Shiek also? Co-op would be tight if that were possible. Maybe her soul could be taken, but she would still have a spiritlike form.

IDK all speculation btw...

cool topic

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Sepewrath
Zelda wouldnt go well being some type of trilogy or something. Its suppose to be a timeless tale, that goes on forever. Meaning the Link and Zelda are never the same, also trilogies are really limiting. They set you up in a single direction and you cant vary from it, to keep the story flowing.
Daxol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Daxol
Member since 2006 • 107 Posts
Yeah, a Zelda like Oblivion would be totally awesome
nakasa5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 nakasa5
Member since 2005 • 1429 Posts

I would love to see Zelda take a more open ended Elder Scrolls sort of approach. Let the world be completely open without the cliffs and hills that act as boundaries. The land around you can gradually change as you enter different places, like the Goron's village in the mountains, or Zora's domain. Exploring would be so much fun, and less linear! I think the Wii can handle it, just as thr XBox ran Morrowind really well.

Also, make the puzzles harder! Some parts of TP were great, but mostly it was too easy.

Lastly, and I cannot emphasize this enough, keep the Ocarina/TP style of graphics and art. WW may have looked different and "pretty", but it does not attract a wide variety of gamers. It reminds me, and many others of uber-Japanese type games, like Pokemon. That is a definite turnoff. I want a more realistic looking game, and I thought TP was right on the mark.

DinoRiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DinoRiki
Member since 2007 • 613 Posts
I miss all the familiar faces from OoT and MM also i would like them to bring back the masks and skultulla don't care how they do it just in some way.
yuku_2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 yuku_2000
Member since 2006 • 175 Posts
I want see link in the future where he can alternate between time. Like old hyrule vs. new hyrule and Links items change between the dimensions like his sword would be metal in old hyrule. While in the future like a gun-blade or light-saber type sword.
lazy-lasagna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47 lazy-lasagna
Member since 2006 • 63 Posts

i just wish they brought back the magic meter and the three elemental arrows back. also some voice acting, the mirror shield, the biggoron sword or the great fairy sword, the boots and probably the masks were cool.

you know what, i really wish they just made a remake of OoT and majoras mask put together. they can put better graphics, probably more items. i want to know what link did in the forest in the beginning of majoras mask. they can do that. i thought cell shaded graphics were weird at the beginning, but then i started to think it was cool.

~LL~

DinoRiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DinoRiki
Member since 2007 • 613 Posts

I want see link in the future where he can alternate between time. Like old hyrule vs. new hyrule and Links items change between the dimensions like his sword would be metal in old hyrule. While in the future like a gun-blade or light-saber type sword.yuku_2000

I was thinking about somethig like that yesterday but then i thought it would flop and then i came to the realization that nintendo already has a futuristic adventure puzzler game...Metroid

Avatar image for TacticalElefant
TacticalElefant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TacticalElefant
Member since 2007 • 900 Posts
How about just forgetting Zelda, and make a new game for once, that isn't the same damn thing for the 4th time when it comes to 3D Zeldas?!?!?!

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Sepewrath

How about just forgetting Zelda, and make a new game for once, that isn't the same damn thing for the 4th time when it comes to 3D Zeldas?!?!?!

TacticalElefant

How about No, also not to be mean but I am glad that alot of you arent game developers.