Too late to buy a DS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

eab444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 eab444
Member since 2004 • 187 Posts
Hey guys I was thinking about buying a DS, but with it being out so long already I was just wondering whether I should wait for Nintendo's next handheld or go ahead and get one. Thanks!
Proke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Proke
Member since 2008 • 94 Posts
It's never too late. The next handheld won't be out for a long long time. And even so, It'll probably be a ds-lookalike with a slimmer body, perhaps BC, and maybe a joystick or whatnot.
Chaos_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Chaos_Zombie
Member since 2003 • 328 Posts
I'm going to have to say no but that's because I just bought mine off Ebay for the reasonable price of $87. :-P There seems to be a lot of great games for it and I mainly got it for the rpg's.
Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
A new Nintendo haldheld is unlikely to be announced for a good couple of years at least. The sales of the DS are still immensly high. It's looking to become the most successful console of all time at the minute. It would be insane from a business point of view to even announce a new conosle until that landmark is reached. I say go get a DS, and research as many DS games as you can because there are a hell of a lot games out their worth owning! ;)
Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts
It is not too late to buy a DS, I'd say right about now would be a perfect time to buy a DS if you don't already have one because by now they already have lots of good games; New Super Mario Bros, Zelda Phantom Hourglass, Mario Kart DS, but there are also some games to look forward to like GTADS.
Avatar image for Stancel_Spencer
Stancel_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Stancel_Spencer
Member since 2008 • 129 Posts

Hey guys I was thinking about buying a DS, but with it being out so long already I was just wondering whether I should wait for Nintendo's next handheld or go ahead and get one. Thanks!eab444

You should get it. I recommend Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and the Ace Attorney games. The next-gen handheld probably won't come out until late 2009 at the earliest.

Taporin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Taporin12
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
You should get one. Even if it was too late, I'd still play it. There are tons of great games out there and being made. I even see people buying GBA's; it can't possibly be too late for a DS.
Spade_Crisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 Spade_Crisis
Member since 2007 • 809 Posts
The DS, is pretty much at its peak when it comes to sales. And it will stay like that for another couple of years. So, there won't be another handheld for awhile.
JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts
It's never to late to own a DS. The only problem you can find is that you can't keep up with all the good games coming out on it.
AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts
i personally think its never to late (like many of the other people commenting) to get one. i think nintendo will remain with dual screen or touch screen maybe even both for a while with the ds kind of sales.
TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheGTAvaccine
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts
No, I strongly suggest getting one.
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
Think about it this way...even if a new handheld were to come out tomorrow, it would still be 9 months or so before development picked up and you started seeing decent titles outside of the launch window.
doomtoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 doomtoad
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
It's never too late to own any console as long you will enjoy playing the games on it. If your just now getting a DS there are plenty of games in it's back catalog to choose from plus what is out now and coming in the future.
JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts
It's never too late to own any console as long you will enjoy playing the games on it. If your just now getting a DS there are plenty of games in it's back catalog to choose from plus what is out now and coming in the future.doomtoad

Agreed. I just started collecting original gameboy games and I'm loving them so far. Graphics is not as important when the games have great gameplay.
Moebrothers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Moebrothers
Member since 2008 • 2064 Posts
Its never to late to get a ds
Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Burning-Sludge
Member since 2008 • 4068 Posts
If there is someting to replace the DS it ain't comeing any time soon. Go ahead and get the DS.
slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts
Now is the perfect time to get a DS.
eab444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 eab444
Member since 2004 • 187 Posts
Based on the overwhelmingly positive replies, I've decided to take the plunge and get a DS. Thanks for the advice!
fellowbetrayed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 fellowbetrayed
Member since 2004 • 121 Posts

It's never to late to own a DS. The only problem you can find is that you can't keep up with all the good games coming out on it.JLF1

Yep, that's the only problem I've had since buying mine a few months ago: I can't keep up with all the great games I want to play! :)

Keenzach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Keenzach
Member since 2006 • 1210 Posts
its not to late they anounced DS compatibility with Animal crossing City Folk so if they made a new handheld nintendo would be crapping on many fans its going to be a long time so just get one allready
Mario-Sonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Mario-Sonic
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Its never too late to get a ds. If the next hand held comes out sell the DS and get money for the new one. Thats what i did for my ds lite. I sold the original DS and i got a 70 dollar discount!! you cant say thats not a good deal

mattsn22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#22 mattsn22
Member since 2008 • 345 Posts
it is not too late to buy a DS. However because the DS is a few years old,there are many good games available. I would recommend buying a DS. I just bought one myself lately ;-)
Avatar image for XxShadowTongyxX
XxShadowTongyxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 XxShadowTongyxX
Member since 2008 • 414 Posts

[QUOTE="JLF1"]It's never to late to own a DS. The only problem you can find is that you can't keep up with all the good games coming out on it.fellowbetrayed

Yep, that's the only problem I've had since buying mine a few months ago: I can't keep up with all the great games I want to play! :)

Agreed. I currently have eleven DS games. But there are SO many more I want. By christmas I will have close to twenty two games, than by March I will have twenty seven games, and there will still be around eighty more games I want. This includes the games that are coming out, and the ones that are to be announced. So many great games.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
Yes go and buy a DS right now, here are just a few of the games your missing out on:
Mario 64 DS
New Super Mario Bros
Mario Kart DS
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Zelda: Phantom HourGlass
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
Final Fantasy 3
Final Fantasy 4
Final Fantasy Tactics A2
Metroid Prime Hunters
Yoshi's Island 2
Mario vs Donkey Kong 2
just to name a few and lots more coming in the future such as:
Sonic Chronicals
GTA: China Town Wars
Chono Trigger DS
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Nights
and high possibility of Final Fantasy 5 and Final Fantasy 6 remakes
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
a new nintendo haldheld is very unlikely, i would go for it...with the DS popularity i see at least a 10 year lifespan
AznKAOs05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AznKAOs05
Member since 2003 • 391 Posts
It's not too late to buy one. Some of the best games just came out or is coming soon.
Dymond7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#27 Dymond7
Member since 2008 • 292 Posts

No it's not, actually later this year I might be upgrading to the DS Lite if I decide not to get a PS3