The Off-Topic Lounge: Gamecube Wiimake Version

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#16251 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

I believe my votes went to Batman, Dragon Quest Five, Layton, and Little King Story. Plus Dragon Age got best PC game because it makes sense to play it there.

Mario & Luigi 3 does not have great writing. It was ok then I met the moles and realized that the whole game was nothing but a word followed by a punctuation.

This, is! Great......WRITING!

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#16252 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

So I saw Avatar today. Impressions below probably contain spoilers for those who haven't seen it.

[spoiler] It was pretty good, but I unfortunately have to say that I thought the last quarter or so kinda ruined the magic for me. The colonel I especially thought was a flimsy cardboard cutout of a character - he seemed to serve absolutely no purpose nor have any motivation other than to be "the bad guy". Must every blockbuster movie basically blow absolutely everything up by the end? The destruction of the ginormous tree was a masterfully done scene, but after that I kinda felt that James Cameron just gave up and resigned himself to a Hollywood Epic Battle To Save The World(TM) with Heroic Sacrifices(TM) and a Final Showdown(TM). I unreservedly declare my complete disappointment at how utterly formulaic and tired the ending was. [/spoiler]

Visuals were unsurpassed and awesomely done, though. I'd give it three stars out of five. Maybe three and a half.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16253 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I hate snow

That is all

snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16254 snowman6251
Member since 2006 • 5321 Posts

I hate snow

That is all

Jaysonguy
East Coast Blizzard ftw. I wonder if you guys can guess what I think of snow...
dwd_27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16255 dwd_27
Member since 2009 • 308 Posts

goos thread dood well i just wish starfox comes on wii it'll be on the charts for a few months

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#16256 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts
[QUOTE="snowman6251"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

I hate snow

That is all

I used to like snow when I was younger because it gave me an excuse to sit in and do nothing and not feel bad about it. Now I only like to get a few inches because I have a lot of driveway and sidewalk to shovel since I live on a corner lot. I glad I don't live on the east coast but I'm sure here int he midwest it's only a matter of time before we get hit.
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16257 roboccs

Sorry for the double post but I almost forgot...

Is this the last day of this thread? It's one year birthday is tomorrow.

DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16258 DDRMom
Member since 2008 • 1360 Posts

Is this the last day of this thread? It's one year birthday is tomorrow.roboccs

You're right...Jordan said keep an eye out on the 21st for the new thread.

I am still not finished my Christmas shopping. How many people do you guys all buy for? I have 15 people including my kids to buy for and I'm not even half done. :S It's going to be a busy week especially since the kids want to bake.

snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16259 snowman6251
I beat God of War II. The last 2 bosses were kind of "lol seriously"? in terms of difficulty. The last sister of fate is a morbidly obese thing that can't move and you can stop time and every time you hit her she heals you and she dies in one hit from the puzzle attack. Zeus pretty much amounted to "Spam Atlas' Rage until magic runs out. Return lightning bolts until I have magic again. Repeat". Compared to some other fights they were pathetically easy. II had more bosses than I but they were all much smaller and easier. I did however like the Perseus fight where he turns invisible and you have to track him by the splashes he makes in the water. I thought that was rather clever. Downloading God of War III demo now. Looks like its going to be a slow one.
dtno132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16260 dtno132
Member since 2008 • 1662 Posts

lol, Virgin Mary appearedin Cairo.

Am I the only one who can see that this is fake?

Everyone I know thinks I'm crazy now :|

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16261 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

dtno132
Its called a light. lol.
alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16262 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

Is this the last day of this thread? It's one year birthday is tomorrow.

roboccs
i guess we will find out tomorrow :P
dtno132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16263 dtno132
Member since 2008 • 1662 Posts
[QUOTE="dtno132"]

Haziqonfire
Its called a light. lol.

Heh. No one here believes that, it was even on the news. O.o People here are weird... -_-
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16264 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="dtno132"]

dtno132
Its called a light. lol.

Heh. No one here believes that, it was even on the news. O.o People here are weird... -_-

What? It even turns off at the end and you can see the element slowly burn down. Where do you live?
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16265 haziqonfire
I forgot to say I got MW2 yesterday and I beat it yesterday. The campaign was good, I liked it more then COD4's. Now its onto the online play. I also beat LostWinds but I didnt get all the collectibles. It was pretty short (2 hours 17 minutes) but it was fun. I want the second one. Now next up to beat is Metroid Prime 2, Little King's Story, Pikmin, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Assassin's Creed 2, Arkham Asylum, Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days. Damn.. lol.
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16266 bob_newman
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]I forgot to say I got MW2 yesterday and I beat it yesterday. The campaign was good, I liked it more then COD4's. Now its onto the online play. I also beat LostWinds but I didnt get all the collectibles. It was pretty short (2 hours 17 minutes) but it was fun. I want the second one. Now next up to beat is Metroid Prime 2, Little King's Story, Pikmin, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Assassin's Creed 2, Arkham Asylum, Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days. Damn.. lol.

Yeah I'm currently trying to clear up my backlog during the holidays. I'm playing Layton and the Diabolical Box, Yoshi's Island DS, Bowser's Inside Story, Peggle (XBLA), Splosion Man, and Shattered Memories. I'm also thinking of hooking up the PS2 and finishing off Shadow of the Colossus, but that requires effort.
snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16267 snowman6251
I just beat the God of War III demo. I want NAO. My favorite move revision is the "Battering Ram". In one and two grabbing an enemy and pressing square causes you to throw the grabbed guy at another enemy. In three Kratos uses him as a shield and bowls through crowds of enemies before finally throwing him. Also midair L1+O is holy crap awesome. It grapples an enemy with the chains then Kratos drop kicks their ass. Then there are a few tweaks to other moves. Some I liked, some not so much. Whats with the magic bar. It regenerates itself really fast. I wonder if thats for demo purposes or legit. Also being a demo it was stupid easy but I'm not worried about that. Also the quick time event sequences are in weird places on the screen. The way my screen is set up (badly) half the Square indicator gets cut off which is slightly problematic. But all in all, awesome. Its a preorder (like I didn't know that already).
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16268 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

I hate snow

That is all

snowman6251

It's freaking awful

I went outside just after I typed that and now I'm back in the house, 7 and a half hours of shoveling

What's worse is living by the water. People are like "oh it's must be so nice to live there" and I'm all like not at all

In the summertime low tide smells like Free Willy never made it all the way and is laying rotting on the shore and then in the wintertime the storm just hits the ocean then comes back to the land then hits the ocean and comes back to the land and hits the ocean.......

Bah, I say thee BAH!

snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16269 snowman6251

[QUOTE="snowman6251"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

I hate snow

That is all

Jaysonguy

It's freaking awful

I went outside just after I typed that and now I'm back in the house, 7 and a half hours of shoveling

What's worse is living by the water. People are like "oh it's must be so nice to live there" and I'm all like not at all

In the summertime low tide smells like Free Willy never made it all the way and is laying rotting on the shore and then in the wintertime the storm just hits the ocean then comes back to the land then hits the ocean and comes back to the land and hits the ocean.......

Bah, I say thee BAH!

Grats on the big driveway. I don't have that problem. Also why shovel when its supposed to snow again tonight? (at least thats what my weather widget says).
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16270 haziqonfire
In more random celebrity news, Brittany Murphy is dead.
snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16271 snowman6251
My biology teacher is not particularly good. I'm taking a test on Mitosis tomorrow (missed last week during sick time) and honestly I don't know what to expect. I mean I understand the basics of mitosis. Time to replicate the cell. Copy the DNA, move the chromosomes across the spindle fibers to opposite sides of the cell, split cell into two, two new cells, hooray. Problem number one is this is AP bio and I need to get significantly more specific even without problem number two and problem number two is the tests are never about the actual subject matter. The tests are always RELATED to the subject matter but never actually about the subject matter. Take the cell signaling unit. Cell recieves signals then the Tyrosine Protein Kinase (I remembered that term wow) sends out P groups blah blah blah cell response, secondary messengers, etc. That's all well and good but then the tests are always like "Suppose I added some Arsenic to the cell. What would happen to its signaling?" A) Its inhibited by G protein fail B) Its inhibited by Tyrosine Protein Kinase fail C) Its inhibited by your mom D) This is the right answer E) Choice D is lying GAH! Its all this hypothetical "what if" BS that we have no means of knowing be it through her or the textbook. Its not helped by the fact that she doesn't teach. She puts up a powerpoint with some very fractionated notes then reads it and from what I understand very few people actually understand the material to the point that they could be called proficient. I'm not really doing bad in the class due to labs and massive amounts of extra credit (which she has to compensate for being unable to teach well) but its irritating. I like going into tests having some idea as to what the content is and how to derive a solution. That's why I like math, and why I liked Chemistry and Physics. I love my English class because its less reading and more arguing points (as well as watching films) and history is alright. Bio is just irritating. My teacher is nice and all but she just can't teach.
SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16272 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

This song should provide the proper response to your problem.

I'm also chuckling a little bit, Gamefaqs' #1 forgotten rpg was Lufia II.

Jordan, don't forget that banned people need to be remembered too. I can only hope you haven't figured out the truth behind my name enough to out it to everyone.

P.S. Don't name it "Nintendo is lazy club."

C-Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16273 C-Lee
Member since 2008 • 5838 Posts
I just picked up Metroid Prime Collection for 20 bucks at BestBuy today. What a steal.
snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16274 snowman6251
I just noticed that our word for singular "one" has a plural form. Obviously I was aware of the word "ones" being a native English speaker but I just realized how bizarre that is. We have a plural form of something that is by definition singular.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16275 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

Okay, so last year before the OT Lounge was closed, I did a quick recap of some important OT Lounge happenings over the year. I started to browse through this thread to do the same type of thing, but you know what..... That would take forever.

So let's all pitch in.

What were the top few most memorable OT Lounge moments of the last year for you?

1. Random people replied to this thread with their ideas for Gamecube Wiimakes.

2. The thread broke and everyone panicked, then I fixed it. :)

3. People got banned... AlexSays, air_wolf_cubed (I think that was this year), HipYoungster, ...more?

4. I would read HipYoungster's posts in the voice of Butters and laugh every time.

5. The League of 14-year Old Gentlemen formed... and disbanded. But good times were had.

6. Lots of people expanded their gaming horizons by buying other consoles (because the Wii must be complemented).

And just an interesting fact.... This thread was called "officially huge" after 1000 posts. Ha!

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16276 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

I just noticed that our word for singular "one" has a plural form. Obviously I was aware of the word "ones" being a native English speaker but I just realized how bizarre that is. We have a plural form of something that is by definition singular.snowman6251
Yeah, I come across this kind of thing all the time when I'm helping ESL students with their writing. I'll try to explain to them why certain words are used or whatever, and I usually end up coming up with some explanation on the spot and eventually say, "I've honestly never thought about that until this moment.... and it doesn't really make sense. I'm sorry that our language is so horrible."

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16277 bob_newman

What were the top few most memorable OT Lounge moments of the last year for you?

JordanElek

My memorable moments include my first post in which I just basically stole your introduction from the first off-topic lounge, learning more about people (and finding out that some of them are absolutely insane), the bans, and my "vacation" when I sent postcards and eventually went crazy.

Oh and this:

All in all a good year.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16278 roboccs

This was a fun year but I'mhaving a hard time distinguishing some major moments right now. Probably the thing that sticks out is how this became the Wii page's PS3/360 forum page!

The E3 debates were fun too and seeing Jayson go from Wii fanboy to hater throughout the year.

Also, I totally do the same thing when reading Hip's posts... he does sound like Butters in my head too!

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16279 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts
[QUOTE="bob_newman"] What? It even turns off at the end and you can see the element slowly burn down. Where do you live?

He lives in the West Bank in the middle east. And I'm playing Professor Layton & the Diabolical Box too! I'm at the puzzles about the four round flower beds, having to find the area. [QUOTE="Haziqonfire"] I also beat LostWinds but I didnt get all the collectibles. It was pretty short (2 hours 17 minutes) but it was fun. I want the second one. Now next up to beat is Metroid Prime 2, Little King's Story, Pikmin, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Assassin's Creed 2, Arkham Asylum, Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days. Damn.. lol.

I'm glad you're finally going back to LKS. Definitely Lostwinds 2 is longer and more varied than the first. It's a phenomenal download game. Probably my fav downloadable game this year. Batman Arkham Asylum won't take you long to beat even if you go for all the riddler puzzles so that's a good game to go with first, and it's really great. I'm STILL not done AC2 despite having already put in 20 hours.
3. People got banned... AlexSays, air_wolf_cubed (I think that was this year), HipYoungster, ...more?JordanElek
Toadster and -Oath. :(
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16280 haziqonfire
Yeah I figure AC2 is going to take me a while so I'll probably save it for after I'm done NSMBWii and Arkham.
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16281 clicketyclick
Yeah I figure AC2 is going to take me a while so I'll probably save it for after I'm done NSMBWii and Arkham.Haziqonfire
And the thing is that I think I'm only half-way through... :P But I do tend to play games slower than most people. Like, I took 4 hours on the first LostWinds game. I like to collect everything and do it at a leisurely pace. AC2 is really an incredible improvement from AC1, but the more I play, the more flaws I pick up on. Still though, really worth it.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16282 haziqonfire
The main issue that I see with AC2 is the same issue that AC1 had. It can be glitchy at parts but I actually don't mind because the game overall is fantastic - it doesn't really ruin the experience for me. But I'm still early on in the game, around sequence 4 I think.
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16283 clicketyclick
I just got to Venice, so that's sequence 5 or 6 I think. It's a little bit glitchy but not super noticeable to me. The biggest problem I had with AC1 was the repetition and the poor narration of the story. They've done so much to address these issues. There is still a bit of a repetition problem to it, but it's now at the level of tolerable game-y repetition. I'm curious if they ever run out of assassination and courier missions... do they? Can you ever 'finish' those to the point that they no longer show up on your map of the city? The last assassination mission I did was such a little UGH. I had to kill 10 archers in 2 minutes. Problem is, all the archers were within sight of each other, so if you killed one, the others would start firing on you and the guards on the ground below would climb up to attack, but if you took it stealthily, you wouldn't finish in 2 minutes. That was really annoying.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16284 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
i didnt realize that it gets re-done every year. so sad to see it go :( also, NSMBW is SO much fun with a bunch of people!!!!!
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16285 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
i love gamestop. Uncharted 2 USED @ Gamestop = $55 Uncharted 2 BRAND FREAKING NEW @ Amazon = $50
snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16286 snowman6251
So when does the new lounge start? I wonder what edition it will be.
JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16287 JohnBean42
Member since 2008 • 2810 Posts

Whats with all the Used Wii threads on the board in the last little bit:? One guy revived six different topics on that subject.

And yea, I wonder when the new lounge starts.

Edit: For users that got banned, I didn't know that TaMuk711 got banned:shock: When did that happen?

link027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16288 link027
Member since 2008 • 1110 Posts

How about Haz's crazy pictures like the Santa one, the Tetris Party Crazy, the League, and I think this was on this OT.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16289 haziqonfire
What? Tamuk got banned?
snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16290 snowman6251
What? Tamuk got banned? Haziqonfire
Dude that was months ago.
JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16291 JohnBean42

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]What? Tamuk got banned? snowman6251

I never even noticed..shows how much I come here:P

I just remembered his avatar, Sackboy, and wondered where he went.

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16292 bob_newman

[QUOTE="snowman6251"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]What? Tamuk got banned? JohnBean42

I thought he had an avatar of DK's taunt in Smash Bros...
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16293 haziqonfire
He changed it to sackboy a while ago. Wtf what did he get banned for? Also I just downloaded LostWinds 2 and I'm buying my friend Toki Toki for Christmas lol.
JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16294 JohnBean42

[QUOTE="JohnBean42"]

[QUOTE="snowman6251"] Dude that was months ago.bob_newman

I thought he had an avatar of DK's taunt in Smash Bros...

I remember the Sackboy one. I remember he had a DK one too.

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16295 bob_newman

Wtf what did he get banned for? Haziqonfire

Well he flamed a lot.

JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16296 JohnBean42

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"] Wtf what did he get banned for? bob_newman

Well he flamed a lot.

I see. I didn't know that.

JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16297 JohnBean42

OT is so slow..are we just all waiting for the new one?

Or is everyone just busy:P

snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16298 snowman6251

JohnBean42
I'm putting off studying for some tests I'd rather not take (two bio tests in a row and a math test = wtf. Right before break too). Trying to find the most epic music I can in terms of memorable scores. Metal Gear Solid 4's main theme is a strong contender.
JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16299 JohnBean42

[QUOTE="JohnBean42"]

snowman6251

I'm putting off studying for some tests I'd rather not take (two bio tests in a row and a math test = wtf. Right before break too). Trying to find the most epic music I can in terms of memorable scores. Metal Gear Solid 4's main theme is a strong contender.

Man, that sucks. I'm on break now, but everything was due in the last two days last week for me. English essay, a Physics test and Physics project and essay, Sociology project and music play test.

snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16300 snowman6251

[QUOTE="snowman6251"][QUOTE="JohnBean42"]

JohnBean42

Man, that sucks. I'm on break now, but everything was due in the last two days last week for me. English essay, a Physics test and Physics project and essay, Sociology project and music play test.

I had a test in bio today, another tomorrow, and math test tomorrow. I have two essays for English to do over break, one of which is the major research paper that counts about as much as the midterm. Luckily economics (mandatory senior history class) ends at 2nd quarter so thats something I can be done with to let the senioritus sit in.