The Official Off-Topic Lounge: Wii Version

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

Sometimes we Wii owners need to talk about something besides the incredible awesomeness of the Wii for a change. Thus, I present to you...

The Official Off-Topic Lounge: Wii Version

Unlike some Wii Versions, this one isn't a crappy port created solely to take advantage of the more careless gamers of the world. This Wii Version will rock your socks off in ways you couldn't possibly have imagined if you'd never visited this thread. Duct tape will be provided if you want your feet to stay warm.

All great things must have rules. The regular Gamespot rules apply, of course, but I want to point out some especially relevant ones.

Rules:

1. No spamming - "Off topic" doesn't mean "random and pointless." Start a new discussion or be a part of an on-going one.

2. No trolling or flaming - Keep this thread friendly and civilized and it'll be muchos funtastica.

So take off your virtual coats and stay awhile. The OT Lounge is a warm haven for weary internet wanderers.

dinofan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 dinofan01
Member since 2007 • 1697 Posts
finally i hope we see alot lessdumb threads here
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JordanElek

One great thing about this kind of thread is that we can get to know the Wii regulars a bit better. So take a minute to introduce yourself however you see fit. I'll start.

My name is actually Jordan Elek, in case anyone thought that was just some highly creative pseudonym I came up with. I registered with Gamespot back when it was mandatory to use your real name as your username, and I've kept with it all these years. And I am a male.... At some point people decide to steal my name and make it a girl's name. :evil:

I'm 23, currently working on my master's degree in English at a community college in Indiana. It sucks because I could have a decent job and be living on my own by now, but I'm focusing on getting this degree as soon as possible. I have an interim job at an auto auction until I find something better.

Most of my time during the semester is spent working and studying. In my free time, I browse Gamespot, play games, play the guitar, and read. I'm in an awkward, nearly friendless stage of my life right now due to just graduating from college in a different town, but it'll improve as I meet more people in this town.

So that's me in a nutshell. I didn't know nuts had shells this big...

dinofan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dinofan01
Member since 2007 • 1697 Posts

Well i hope im known as a regular.

My name is Garrick in the real world and im a junior in high school. I live in California and gaming is my life. Im still pretty new to gamespot though. Im working to be an architect.

Nintendo is my biggest passion.

Avatar image for jeff16950_demon
jeff16950_demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 jeff16950_demon
Member since 2003 • 1240 Posts

I'm Jeff Northrop, and I've been a member here for 4 years (damn, this sounds like an A.A confession :S)
I enjoy playing games, and video games have become a big part of my life. Not an enormous part, and by no means so huge it makes me completely anti-social, but just a casual part. I have been called a console gamer because I don't understand games like WoW completely, but I don't mind. I do enjoy MMO games as well as any other games that are available to me.
I am 17 turning 18 in june, and I work at EB games. I like my wii, and honestly, I like the games for it. One thing I both like and dislike about the wii at the same time is that most, if not all games for the wii are either a hit or a miss.

Kaijin1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Kaijin1
Member since 2007 • 551 Posts
sweet
the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts

finally i hope we see alot lessdumb threads heredinofan01

I hope we see a lot less dumb responses in here. ;)

rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rcignoni
Member since 2004 • 8863 Posts
I see you went ahead and made this. Thanks, Jordan.
SuperMario_46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#9 SuperMario_46
Member since 2006 • 4960 Posts

Well my name is Andres, i'm 15 and live in Venezuela,i love Nintendo what else is to say :P

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JordanElek

I see you went ahead and made this. Thanks, Jordan.rcignoni

You're welcome. Now that this is created, I only have two things left on my Gamespot to-do list: 1) make a video blog and 2) get the recommendation thread updated.

I have an idea for the blog... it's just a matter of gathering the material and summoning the energy to do it. I have fairly primitive equipment, but it should be good enough to put together what I have in mind.

Someone is supposed to be working on a complete overhaul for the recommendation thread, but I guess it's not ready yet. I've been trying to get that thing updated since October. :?

Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
My name is Jason. I've been around for a year or so, and am the leader of The All Things SEGA Union. If you want to join, click the link in my sig. I speak some Japanese (working towards fluency), I play the guitar, and I run track (shot-put, specifically). I used to play football, but I don't anymore. I am very athletic and I have a very high IQ (but whenever I post it people call me a liar, so I won't). My other interests include CIassic Rock music, books, Ubuntu, and sports (mostly baseball, basketball, football, and hockey). I've been gaming for as long as I can remember, and I own many, many consoles. I own all of Nintendo and SEGA's home consoles and handhelds, along with PS1, PS2, Xbox, 3DO, Atari 2600, and Neo Geo Pocket Color. I'll be picking up a PSP and 360 soon, along with some upgrades for my gaming PC.
rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rcignoni

[QUOTE="rcignoni"]I see you went ahead and made this. Thanks, Jordan.JordanElek

You're welcome. Now that this is created, I only have two things left on my Gamespot to-do list: 1) make a video blog and 2) get the recommendation thread updated.

I have an idea for the blog... it's just a matter of gathering the material and summoning the energy to do it. I have fairly primitive equipment, but it should be good enough to put together what I have in mind.

Someone is supposed to be working on a complete overhaul for the recommendation thread, but I guess it's not ready yet. I've been trying to get that thing updated since October. :?

Shouldn't the recommendation thread be priority #1? xD And a video blog sounds pretty interesting, I'd love to check that out.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#13 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

Well, I've never been to one of these grand opening stickys so I might well make my mark whileI still have the chance.

I'm Ritchie, and Im a ery picky gamer. Also, I'm an aspiring artist. Im hoping to make my way into the gaming industry with my talent.

ag1052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ag1052
Member since 2006 • 5725 Posts
I'm Alex, I am 24, I have a B.A. in philosophy, and have been married for about a year and a half now. I just quit my job working for a local used game store to go get a real career style job as a manager for a pretty large company. My first game system was a Sega Master System and I loved it (I hope it comes to the VC). Ive been a member here for a couple years now and 99% of my posts have been on the Wii forum.
_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts

Hello all.

I'm Jonny. I popped in once in a while in ye olde Gamecube forum Off-Topic Lounge, oh the memories.

I'm 19 and I'm in my second yearof university in Atlantic Canada. I'm currently studying Political Science. Besides the obvious activities of school and video games I pretty much enjoy the usual stuff, hang out with friends andgo out to the bar once in a while. I also enjoy weight training.

Well that's pretty much me in a nutshell. Now lets see if we can get this thread as big as the Gamecube edition :P

Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#16 Lunar52
Member since 2006 • 2538 Posts
im taylor i love nintendo and im 14....oh and i live in B.C. canada
Sants412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 Sants412
Member since 2007 • 5599 Posts
Yay! Finally!
Sants412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sants412

Okay, so the introduction thing.

I'm Josh, better off known as Sants. You're average high school dude who loves to play games chill with firends, go to parties (basically what high school is about). The first system I ever played was a Commodore 64 and I still love it to this day, even though it was a little ahead of my time. I live in Waterbury, Connecticut, USA one of the few urban areas in the state. And, the only company I support is Nintendo.

I'm a giant (6'1") skinny guy (don't hate) who does track and running year round. I guess you can say I'm a closet hard core gamer because nobody who I know knows that I play games as much as I do.

jjr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jjr10
Member since 2005 • 5880 Posts

I'm Jared. I live in Australia, and am currently 13. I'm mildy popular. Which is fine by me. My favourite subject at school is Drama, second is English. I wish to be a Journalist when i am older, but an Actor would be great as well. Where i live is a surfers paradise. (it's not that place though). The northern beaches are quite famous , i believe. I don't really like it here.

Besides games i like Soccer, having fun with friends and watching Shaun Of The Dead and Hot Fuzz.

My blog on here is updated daily, so if you want to know even more, have a look at that. (Shameless Plug-in)

yeahyeahbigN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 yeahyeahbigN
Member since 2007 • 1345 Posts

im a regular college student who doesn't have his life all planned out, soi don't know what i am majoring in. :P im in my second year and im still debating in what i want to dowith my life. i live in joplin, missouri, which is lame cause it's a small town (the population is about 55,000), and there's nothing to do here.

ljlrj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#21 ljlrj
Member since 2007 • 14800 Posts

my name is fear the black list mhuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

btw not an racial thing

freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts

My name is Alex and i live in Victoria, Australia. Im 15 and im sorta an above average student. I get good marks but i do get into trouble pretty often. Ive been playing games since the NES, but i really got into it with the SNES, so im a longtime fan of Nintendo. I play bass guitar and plan on putting together a thrash metal band next year. Thrash Metal, Grunge and Punk are my fave types of music. I watch anime, my fave being Cowboy Bebop. Ive never really stuck to a sport, the only one i really got into was field hockey and i played full or left half back, but i quit due to other commitments. I enjoy reading (just finished Looking For Alibrandi and starting To Kill A Mockingbird) and also playing games on my laptop and my wii. I got no plans for the future but i might be looking at a career as either an author or a psychiatrist. And im open to all friend requests.

Samulies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Samulies
Member since 2005 • 1658 Posts

Hey Alex, im in Victoria to.

good sutff.

So how are we all? close to christmas.

In all honesty this is the first christmas i have been excited for in a long time, on account that im getting a wii. Anyways, toodles.

LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#24 LOLhahaDEAD
Member since 2006 • 4431 Posts

I'm Danny. I'm in High School. I mostly play RPGs, particularly strategy RPGs, but I've got a plethora of different genres in my collection.

I come to the Wii forums because I really like the Wii, and I like helping other posters out when they've got questions. I also like to write my posts in orange.

rafasosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 rafasosa
Member since 2007 • 22835 Posts
Hey there. The name is Rafael Sosa, I'm from Venezuela, I'm 19 years old, study mechanical engineering, also I'm a member of an F-SAE team (we design, build and test formula type cars). Well I've been playing for about 12 years, and I like to play adventures games but I don't limit myself to that
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#26 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
My name is Haziq, but i just added the onfire after a band (Alexisonfire) from canada. you might know, i am from Canada. I've been with gamespot just about since 2005 when the now "Revolution", now Wii, was announced. Im a male, and im 17 years old (Turned 17 This month :) ).

im still in highschool, final year, going onto university -- mixing business with tech things so business and web design, or animation. i like rock music -- Protest the Hero, Alexisonfire, Avenged Sevenfold, Billy Talent, Metallica (old stuff, not new), Rolling Stones, The Beatles and Queen.

Most of my time im addicted to gamespot forums/MSN/Interet videos (BREAK.COM!!)/Wii/Family.

thats it for my introduction. :)
knighthwk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 knighthwk001
Member since 2007 • 90 Posts
hey guys, where did u get ur avatars?? r they like ur wii acc or somtin?
MrMartinLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#28 MrMartinLee
Member since 2003 • 1091 Posts
Hey, cool, introductions! I'm maybe not a regular but I recognize a lot of you guys from other topics. My name's Marty, I'm old (check the profile) and I'm loving my Wii. I haven't bought a game since early October, with the big holiday coming up, and I'm actually suffering from the wait for a lot of the big Wii games that are out now. With work and all, I don't get a solid break, so this season's round of games will probably last me until this time next year... Oh, and I also play guitar & bass and am working on my big solo album after my band broke up. Later...
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JordanElek

im a regular college student who doesn't have his life all planned out, soi don't know what i am majoring in. :P im in my second year and im still debating in what i want to dowith my life.yeahyeahbigN

Don't worry. I'm in my first year of grad school and I'm still debating about what I want to do with my life. It sucks when you realize way too late that what you thought you wanted to do was actually going to be torture. They say that for most entry level jobs, all you really need is a college degree, regardless of the major. So don't stress out too much, I guess. The general skills you learn in college should go a long way.

peixotopeticov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 peixotopeticov
Member since 2003 • 53 Posts

Hey there, no one knows me here but I've been around for some time now (I'm user since 2003) and even not posting anything I always read the forums, and now with my wii I've been praticaly addicted to the Wii forum, reading it everyday but never saying anything...

Anyway, my name is Pedro, I am from São Paulo, Brasil, and I have 17 years right now, going to [I don't know how you call up there, but the thing you do after finishing high school :P].... Well, I've always been addicted to games, and even with me being quite young I played a lot of the games 'of my generation'... I had a SNES, a N64, a Playstation, a Playstation 2, a Gamecube and now the Wii.... And Oh, I also play A LOT of computer games (really don't remember when I started, but I do play a lot :)).... And well, at least on the consoles every game I had I played a lot...Ah,and I have already been a gamespot paying member for a year :p

Uhmm... I think I wrote too much, well if anyone cared to read so far this is me :D.. Maybe after this introduction I start to post a little more :p

cya

rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rcignoni

I forgot to do the whole introduction thing.

My name is Robert Cignoni, hence my username, rcignoni. I live in Kentucky, but hail from Massachusetts. I'm practiacally 15, halfway through my Freshman year in high school. I'm a very likeable guy at school, and most of friends love to come over and play the average round of Guitar Hero or WarioWare. I'm usually the one who organizes parties, and mind you, I get pissed off when my plans fall apart.

lolag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lolag
Member since 2004 • 2370 Posts
My name is Steve and im a junior in High school in Central texas. Currently trying to improve mu overall grades failing 4 of my classes something i dont wana suffer from.I am slightly shy but once I get to act and feel likei'm at home I am more outgoing and get very loud and this might be why im failing my classes. I looking forward to joining acollege but first i want to see if ican join the Navy before i can get into college. I do not know what i want to do after im done with college so im still deciding on alot of thingsI was born in California and looking foward to going back. My username 'lolag' came from when i used to play Socom 1 and 2 nonstop and i have no reason why i picked it. My first system i played on was SNES played countless Mario games. I owned 3 and gave away 2 N64 (pikachu one, black, and the green dk64)bought the gameboy color, adavance, sp and ds lite. I have the Ps2 bougth over 30 games for it, Xbox only 3 games but rented countless games, GC i hate to say it i only bought the GC cuz of SSBM but i never played it that much. went to my friends and played the gc at his house since he had more games than me.
nasty_butler16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nasty_butler16
Member since 2006 • 843 Posts

My name is Luke. I enjoy coffee. I play guitar. I run long distances for fun. I enjoy nintendo games. I live in minesota. I am on a swim team. I sing in a choir. I get along with mostly everyone, but not always emos and hicks. I am a christian. I am a senior in high school. I think the beatles are the greatest band ever. I find Jim Carrey to be very funny. My favorite food is anything with meat. My favorite color is blue. My favorite kitchen utensil is the whisk (preferbly wire). My favorite word is bodacious. TTFN thats all for now.

Cheezy-Beezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Cheezy-Beezy
Member since 2007 • 1329 Posts

My name is Aaron,

i live in Minnesota

im a Senior in High School yeaaaaa

and i love nintendo and sony:D

and i cant wait tell x-mas so i can

get my Wii!!!!!

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JordanElek

Uhmm... I think I wrote too much, well if anyone cared to read so far this is me :D.. Maybe after this introduction I start to post a little more :ppeixotopeticov

You'll find that the forums are infinitely more enjoyable once you start posting more often, trust me. I'm glad this thread helped you break out of your shell. :)

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
anyone see "I Am Legend"? After I watched it... I realized how similar to RE4 it is.. or any RE game for that matter
rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 rcignoni
anyone see "I Am Legend"?ZumaJones07
No, but I plan on doing so sometime during Christmas Break, after Sweeney Todd.
lolag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lolag
Member since 2004 • 2370 Posts
Jordan i noticed in the Read before Postingyou linked up the Dear Nintendo thread about les track more safari what was your intentions about that
_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts

anyone see "I Am Legend"? After I watched it... I realized how similar to RE4 it is.. or any RE game for that matterZumaJones07

Yeah it was a pretty solid movie. What I didn't like about it though was that how the first half of the movie, which was all about him surviving alone with his dog (so technically not alone) was very good and interesting..but then the second half kind of turned into a generic zombie type movie. With bad zombie CGI.

But still worth seeing if you ask me.

rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rcignoni
Jordan i noticed in the Read before Postingyou linked up the Dear Nintendo thread about les track more safari what was your intentions about thatlolag
Easter Eggs, my friend. ;D
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JordanElek

[QUOTE="lolag"]Jordan i noticed in the Read before Postingyou linked up the Dear Nintendo thread about les track more safari what was your intentions about thatrcignoni
Easter Eggs, my friend. ;D

Indeed. I didn't want it to be lost forever. That thread is legendary.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JordanElek

anyone see "I Am Legend"? After I watched it... I realized how similar to RE4 it is.. or any RE game for that matterZumaJones07

Hopefully I'll see a bunch of movies over break since one of my good friends will be home for the holidays. We're going to see The Golden Compass at some point because I'm a sucker for that kind of thing and she's curious about it. We'll probably see I Am Legend, too, and whatever else we have time for.

shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts
I am Legend is great but I have a felling that Cloverfield will be much better.
MegaSonicZX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MegaSonicZX
Member since 2007 • 811 Posts
My name's Emily, I'm 15, and I'm just a girl gamer who is a fan of Nintendo. That's all. :)
MrMartinLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#45 MrMartinLee
Member since 2003 • 1091 Posts
I Am Legend is one I plan to see soon, along with Sweeney Todd. Plus it never hurts to let the wife watch Will Smith or Johnny Depp for a couple hours... I'm actually going to try to pick up the novel, since it was written, I think, in the 50's, and older science fiction is one of my favorites. I've got a shelf full of Lovecraft, R.E. Howard, Bradbury, and a bunch of "Best Of" compilations edited by Isaac Asimov. All-time favorite sci-fi authors are Ray Bradbury and C.M. Kornbluth. Good stuff.
Sants412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Sants412
My friend who saw "I Am Legend" said it wasn't good. I still really wanna see it though.
I_Want_A_Name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 I_Want_A_Name
Member since 2005 • 68 Posts

I would like to start a new discussion.

What was Jeff's last great accomplishment?

Master_Saibot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Master_Saibot
Member since 2007 • 822 Posts
My name is Peter, I am 14 years old and I live in New Zealand. I have only been a hardcore gamer for about a year now so I trying to play through as many games as I have missed (The VC is helping out alot with this). I am currently playing SMG, Megaman 2, TLOZ OOT and Kingdom Hearts 2. I enjoy watching anime, my favourites are Bleach and Dragonball. I own a N64, PS1, PS2, DS and a Wii. On the forums I am more of a reader than a poster so thats why my post count isn't very high.
nasty_butler16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 nasty_butler16
Member since 2006 • 843 Posts

I would like to start a new discussion.

What was Jeff's last great accomplishment?

I_Want_A_Name
thanks for bumping this topic, but i would rather hear more about my fellow wii-forum users.
lzorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 lzorro
Member since 2006 • 7395 Posts
I don't know like regular OT topics I think this might go wrong if done correctly :P