The Official Monster Hunter Tri Online Thread -- NEW THREAD IN OP

This topic is locked from further discussion.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

What Is This Thread?

This thread is dedicated to setting up matches with other player's, meeting up and completing quests online with other active members of GameSpot's Wii community.

How do I get online?

From the mode's menu, select 'city' instead of village to enter the online mode. After doing so, select the character you want to use online. Once you do that you can join either Open, Rookie, Expert or Recruiting type of servers.

Open is where you can play with people of all types of ranks.
Rookie is where you can play with people of only 30 HR(Hunter Ranking) points or lower.
Expert is where you can play with people of only 31 HR(Hunter Ranking) or higher.
/>Recruiting is where you can play with people you want to hunt with.

After that, you can choose to join a server -- a list will come up with a population count.

And after choosing a server, you can choose a city gate to go into. Once you choose a city gate, you'll be at the city hub.

From here you can either join a session (A city) or you can create your own session (City) for other players to join. After that's done, you're ready to play.

How to communicate online?

During online mode you can either send pre-written messages, text messages or talk using WiiSpeak. If you wish to chat to any player, press the - button twice to chat in the main chat.

If you have a USB keyboard, you can also use that while you play online to send text messages to other players.

How do I add players?

You can search for players by their username or by their CapcomID's, as well as a search function.

How do I start Quests?

There's a quest bulletin board with quests available.

What Else Can I Do Online?

Upgrade weapon's, get item's, etc - The usual like the single player.

So go on and enjoy, meet a few new people here and have some fun. The online works well, so get to it!

--

List of Players -- Format: Name - [GS Username] - (Location)

• 13shadow - [AKA13Shadow] -
  • CcJj09 -[CcJj09] - (North America)
  • DrthJedi! - [Darth-Samus]
  • EsQue - [Scythes777] - (North America)
  • eXarX - [eXarX] - (North America)
  • Frohican - [Darkshadow64] - (Europe)
  • Haziq - [Haziqonfire] - (North America)
  • Heat - [Dtno132] - (North America)
  • Icarus - [Greenarcher02] - (North America)
  • Jeck - [Jelley0]
  • KenAkuma - [KenAkuma]
  • knucks - [Knuckl3head] - (North America)
  • Lilcross - [IppoTenma]
  • Oromis - [tom95b] -
  • Sepera - [Sepewrath] - (North America)
  • skeerup - [Skeerup]
  • sXeTimB - [Inflammable01] - (North America)
  • Tri - [Tri-Enforcer] - (North America)
  • Valkus- [Melchezdek] -
  • XCALIBUR - [snipe12388]

Other Players Who Don't Own It/Aren't Online Yet:

• BrunoBRS - [BrunoBRS]
  • [CommonFable]
  • Chichi - [NiNi200]
  • Jebran - [JebranRush]
  • Kai -[gamefan67]
  • [Serraph105]

New thread is HERE due to me not being able to keep up with this thread as I have been too busy. BIG thanks to BrunoBRS for picking up my slack and creating a far better thread then I ever could have created!

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Hold me a Spot. I will be getting it soon.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

Ahh I need to get back my WIFI up and running so I can start hunting online :D

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

Hold me a Spot. I will be getting it soon.

nini200
same here
AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

Oh i see you decided to get tri then

BTW, Kevin V is reviewing the game.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
I'm playing it, loving it, I will build my character up a bit before going online.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 haziqonfire
I'm playing it, loving it, I will build my character up a bit before going online. Sepewrath
Yeah, I'll probably do that too. I did go online though before making this thread to see what kind of things you can do. If anyone think's I'm missing anything, let me know.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
my copy won't arrive that soon... BTW, i'm taking you'll be updating the list? you can throw my name there already, the hunter will be named BrunoBRS too (i'm sooooooo creative :lol: )
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sepewrath
Oh and my name will be Sepera"The Champion of all Hunters"!!!!! in all capital letters......and in case you really bought that its just going to be Sepera lol
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BrunoBRS
Oh and my name will be Sepera"The Champion of all Hunters"!!!!! in all capital letters......and in case you really bought that its just going to be Sepera lolSepewrath
lol sepera sounds kinda weird, when you think of your username :P
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 haziqonfire
Alright, I've updated it.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]my copy won't arrive that soon... BTW, i'm taking you'll be updating the list? you can throw my name there already, the hunter will be named BrunoBRS too (i'm sooooooo creative :lol: )

I'm pretty sure my character will be named Serraph
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BrunoBRS
Alright, I've updated it. Haziqonfire
not wanting to be picky, but i fit the second list better (and will unfortunately fit it for at least a week :()
kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts

Pffft, I know it would be Haz who would end up making this thread!

Anyways I need to get some in game cash and buy a mid-bowgun before I jump online, gonna get on that now!

Also my name in the game is KenAkuma.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 haziqonfire

Anyways I need to get some in game cash and buy a mid-bowgun before I jump online, gonna get on that now!

kenakuma
Haha. I haven't played much.. I got one great sword, disliked it so I went back to sword and shield.. I think I'm only on the second quest, to get Iron Ore.
Jelley0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jelley0
Member since 2009 • 1867 Posts

Getting it today.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 haziqonfire
Oh, BTW, what controller setup are you playing with? I'm using Type 2 Classic after Type 1, not liking it as much tbh.
eXarX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 eXarX
Member since 2010 • 36 Posts

I got it but I won't be online for a while. Name in game will be eXarX.

Tri-Enforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 Tri-Enforcer
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts

kenakuma

Yeah, I was gonna do it, but I'm too busy here at work. So I asked Haz if he can make one, since he seem to have more time on his hand today :) .

Well I'm off work now! Time to go get my copy!

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kenakuma

Oh, BTW, what controller setup are you playing with? I'm using Type 2 Classic after Type 1, not liking it as much tbh.Haziqonfire

I'm using a Pro with the type one classic.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sepewrath

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]Oh and my name will be Sepera"The Champion of all Hunters"!!!!! in all capital letters......and in case you really bought that its just going to be Sepera lolBrunoBRS

lol well contrary to popular thought that is where the name came from, not Sephiroth. And I believe I am using the Classic 1 setup, which ever the one is where you attack with the X button. Also you know how you know tell Tri is hardcore? One how thick the manual is and two, the fact that none of the pages are on how to turn on the system, if you cant figure that out, you shouldn't be playing Monster Hunter :P

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Sepewrath"]Oh and my name will be Sepera"The Champion of all Hunters"!!!!! in all capital letters......and in case you really bought that its just going to be Sepera lolSepewrath

lol well contrary to popular thought that is where the name came from, not Sephiroth. And I believe I am using the Classic 1 setup, which ever the one is where you attack with the X button. Also you know how you know tell Tri is hardcore? One how thick the manual is and two, the fact that none of the pages are on how to turn on the system, if you cant figure that out, you shouldn't be playing Monster Hunter :P

i never really thought of sepiroth :P for some reason only the "wrath" part would 'jump to my eyes', and it always reminds me of the fire emblem skill named "Wrath" (one of my favorite units would use it all the time) :P BTW, a question and a suggestion- question: did anyone try to play with the wiimote + nunchuck? i might have to play with it. suggestion: to avoid a monster hunter topic overflow, i suggest we turn this into the "Official Monster Hunter Tri Discussion & Online Meeting Thread". and stickying it is kinda obvious :P
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 haziqonfire

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Oh, BTW, what controller setup are you playing with? I'm using Type 2 Classic after Type 1, not liking it as much tbh.kenakuma

I'm using a Pro with the type one classic.

Yeah, I think I'm going to switch back. Not liking this whole attack with the analog stick thing.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sepewrath
I agree there are already a bunch of threads popping up. I used the wiimote setup for the demo and its fine, I by far prefer the classic controller, but the wiimote is perfectly fine to play the game.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
my copy won't arrive that soon... BTW, i'm taking you'll be updating the list? you can throw my name there already, the hunter will be named BrunoBRS too (i'm sooooooo creative :lol: )BrunoBRS
I'm going to go by Chichi as usual (It should be Lance-Alot seeing as I will be using the Lance Haaaa!!!!). Add my Hunter name if you can my good sir Haziq.
CcJj09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 CcJj09
Member since 2007 • 15268 Posts

I got this game this morning. but haven't had a chance to play it yet. I will probably play it in a little bit. I will probably make my name CcJj09 just like my GS name. :P

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BrunoBRS
I agree there are already a bunch of threads popping up. I used the wiimote setup for the demo and its fine, I by far prefer the classic controller, but the wiimote is perfectly fine to play the game. Sepewrath
you're using the regular one or the pro?
Scythes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Scythes777
Member since 2006 • 2796 Posts

Are there two different names? one for offline and one for online?

You can add me to the list, I should be getting my copy on Friday.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BrunoBRS

Are there two different names? one for offline and one for online?

You can add me to the list, I should be getting my copy on Friday.

Scythes777
nope. you create a character and you can use it either online or offline. what you get offline can be used online and vice versa. we're using two names on the topic because one is the gamespot username and the other is the monster hunter 3 main character (as people start using multiple characters, it's likely that they'll have both hunter names next to their GS username)
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 haziqonfire
So my impressions of the game so far.. after around 2 hours of playtime. The game looks visually impressive, though some things bother me a tad. One is the load times. They aren't long, but they seem kind of unnecessary. Between small locations you'll see the 'now loading' screen for like 2 seconds, when I wonder why. Between bigger area's, its a bit longer. Though its not bad or anything, it just annoys me slightly. Now, aside's from that the gameplay is pretty good but I'm torn between Type 1 and Type 2 of the classic setup. Type 1 has you using the buttons for attacks and the right analog stick for the camera, now I like this set up asides from the fact that one attack button is assigned to the + button. Type 2 is good as well, but you have no camera control (besides pressing L to re-centre) and has the right analog stick as the attack. Up, Down, Left, Right are all different attacks, I'm assuming like the other MH games (I'm not familiar with the series). I haven't tried the Wiimote/Nunchuck but I will eventually. As for the online, it's done very well. It works well, without lag and you have no friend codes. You can search for players, type their Username's or search for their Capcom ID's. Also, you can make your own servers within different cities or you can join another already made. As for features, you can use WiiSpeak, Text Chat using you're controller with an on-screen keyboard, or you can use a USB keyboard or pre-written messages. That's about it for now. I mean it has some problem's but its definitely good and seems to have a lot of depth. Also to note, it makes it easy to get into the series and see what it's about, the pacing is good so far.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Sepewrath
[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]I agree there are already a bunch of threads popping up. I used the wiimote setup for the demo and its fine, I by far prefer the classic controller, but the wiimote is perfectly fine to play the game. BrunoBRS

I'm using the pro. Its insanely light, its lighter than the sixaxis.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Sepewrath"]I agree there are already a bunch of threads popping up. I used the wiimote setup for the demo and its fine, I by far prefer the classic controller, but the wiimote is perfectly fine to play the game. Sepewrath

I'm using the pro. Its insanely light, its lighter than the sixaxis.

i need to get my hands on one :x
Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts
Oh my character is AceX. Give me some time before I come online though.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 haziqonfire
So I just tried using Nunchuck/wiimote. I think its my favourite out of them all. It feel's the most natural to me. I don't know, I just think its the least 'awkward' out of the three.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]So I just tried using Nunchuck/wiimote. I think its my favourite out of them all. It feel's the most natural to me. I don't know, I just think its the least 'awkward' out of the three.

don't you have to position the wiimote vertical or horizontal to use different attacks?
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 haziqonfire
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]So I just tried using Nunchuck/wiimote. I think its my favourite out of them all. It feel's the most natural to me. I don't know, I just think its the least 'awkward' out of the three.

don't you have to position the wiimote vertical or horizontal to use different attacks?

I'm using sword/shield, so far I just twist the Wiimote right and press A to attack or twist to the left and press A to attack. Then just pressing A normally is an attack and swinging down/up are attacks. I guess its not 'least' awkward, but the other two have one part that bothers me about each controller layout.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BrunoBRS
can't you customize to remove the attack from the + button? i still think i'd prefer no motion over this mix of motion and buttons... but i have might no choice >.>
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 haziqonfire
can't you customize to remove the attack from the + button? i still think i'd prefer no motion over this mix of motion and buttons... but i have might no choiceBrunoBRS
You can't customize it, no. Though to be honest the attack thats assigned to + seems kind of useless.
AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AmayaPapaya

If you want to add me to the list you can-but I'm not a hundred percent sure if I'm going to get it. I'll tell you if I'm not. So far I think I might. If I do it will be over the weekend most likely. I have end of the year testing so maybe the weekend after next.

gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts
I hate everybody who has this game:lol: *reserves spot*
Jelley0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Jelley0
Member since 2009 • 1867 Posts

Just got the game! My name on it is Jeck.

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 AmayaPapaya

Just got the game! My name on it is Jeck.

Jelley0

I looked really fast and thought your name was jerk for a sec lol.

If I get the game my name will most likely be AmayaPapaya if it fits.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="gamefan67"]I hate everybody who has this game:lol: *reserves spot*

you can't reserve a spot if you don't say your hunter username :P i think the character limit is 8... just enough to write brunobrs :lol:
kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 kenakuma

pfffft, definetly not ready for online yet!

Almost their, tommorow for sure!

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BrunoBRS

pfffft, definetly not ready for online yet!

Almost their, tommorow for sure!

kenakuma
still customizing your bowgun? :P
gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 gamefan67

[QUOTE="gamefan67"]I hate everybody who has this game:lol: *reserves spot*BrunoBRS
you can't reserve a spot if you don't say your hunter username :P i think the character limit is 8... just enough to write brunobrs :lol:

Wait a tick! You're going to E3 with Meodia?

edit - oh and uh.... my online id will be uhhhhh.....ummmmmm......Kai.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 haziqonfire
I've played 3 hours and 20 minutes worth, lol and I finally did the 'first' real quest.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="gamefan67"]I hate everybody who has this game:lol: *reserves spot*gamefan67

uuh... yes, i'm a writer there. that and a bunch of other things (like not having to pay for the hotel... i have a friend in LA :P) lead to me going. i got my badge approved today :D *points at haz* he's the one that needs to know your hunter name :P
gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 gamefan67
[QUOTE="gamefan67"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] you can't reserve a spot if you don't say your hunter username :P i think the character limit is 8... just enough to write brunobrs :lol:BrunoBRS

uuh... yes, i'm a writer there. that and a bunch of other things (like not having to pay for the hotel... i have a friend in LA :P) lead to me going. i got my badge approved today :D *points at haz* he's the one that needs to know your hunter name :P

I know you're a writer there>.> gamefan67 = Mr. Gamer>.>
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="gamefan67"]

gamefan67

I know you're a writer there>.> gamefan67 = Mr. Gamer>.>

wait really? why didn't you say before? :lol:

so i take it you read my topic about the monster hunter 3 feature i want to do, right?

(wow that's like a ToU paradox, we're off topic and on-topic at the same time :lol: )