The DS is becoming stale

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts
And i don't mean the system itself,because it's a great system,however there are no games coming out for it!

The games i currently have are mario bros.(far too easy,all star coins),Mario kart(was fun for a week,but the online is ruined by snakers),Metroid Prime:Hunters(Too hard when you get into the second half of the game,and the controlls are far from perfect) and lastly castlevania: POR which is an Amazing game,the only modes leae alot to be desired but at least it has one...i guess.

Now the only games announced that i want are Zelda: PH,EBA and pokemon Pearl,but they don't come out until later this year (I live in the UK so EBA doesn't come out until this Summer!,oh and i imorted castlevania:por only because of the bonus pack,and it costed a bomb because of stupid import taxes/custom taxes.)
LiLBLAZE8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 LiLBLAZE8
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Try other games like:
Super Mario 64 DS
Advance Wars DS
Phoenix Wright
Sonic Rush
Mario and Luigi: PiT
Trauma Centre: UTK
Star Fox Command
Mario Hoops 3 on 3
Yoshis Island
FF3
Diddi Kong Racing
Animal Crossing
Mario Kart
MPH
Castlevania: Both of them.
Tetris DS

I own all of the above and i enjoy every single game.

numbah91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 numbah91
Member since 2003 • 33 Posts
I have begun to think this too, but after slipping Super Mario 64 DS back in and re-starting (I played 10 minutes of the N64 version in my life, and I only got to like 17 stars in the DS version before getting bored with it), I'm back into playing it all the time.

Personally, I think DS needs more 3D titles. Just being able to play (if imperfect) 3D games on a handheld is like amazing to me, especially when I don't have to shell out $300 for a PSP (Yes, I know the PSP itself is $200, but then games, batteries, memory sticks - it adds up).

I think Death Jr. is coming out and that looks like a neat 3D game. Rayman DS looks awesome too, and I want to try that. But you're right, lately, there hasn't been much. Every two weeks or so, I'll connect to ebgames.com to check out the DS section and see if anything catches my eye, but it's the same, boring stuff every week.

Hopefully as time goes on, we'll get more interesting, original games, rather than continual 2D remakes. :/
asimplerapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 asimplerapper
Member since 2005 • 535 Posts
Very true
mthe1337one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mthe1337one
Member since 2005 • 2539 Posts
i'll have to agree as well.  i was looking though ign's ds release list and there wasn't much on there that i wanted except for the usual high-profile-named games.

IGN's DS release list linkified.
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
All I have to say to that topic title is lol. Just lol.... Hotel Dusk, Lunar Knights, Yoshi's Island, Meteos, and Mario and Luigi (among others). They will change your life =P Spectrobes, Pokemon, Dragon Quest, Zelda, and more are on the way, too.
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
You guys should perhaps keep an eye out. PW3 and 4 are coming, Prof Layton 1 is coming (2 just announced), Nanostray 2, Pokemon a slew of SE games, and for importers Bleach 2nd and Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Tamashii! Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! 2. Expect also over the next few months some solidification on the details of games like ASH and whatever Bioware is working upon.
DS_Lightning21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DS_Lightning21
Member since 2007 • 741 Posts

When the DS-Wii connectivity goes into effect, DS will become "fresh" again.

By the way, the DS still has better games than PSP.

gameboi_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gameboi_92
Member since 2007 • 4613 Posts

DS_Lightning21

Hell Ya!!

blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts
[QUOTE="DS_Lightning21"]

gameboi_92

Hell Ya!!

I'l second to that Hell Ya!! :P
frooshontay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 frooshontay
Member since 2004 • 277 Posts

DS_Lightning21

Perhaps for you, but i couldn`t care less about my DS, my PSP has better games, well, most appealing to me, i find the DS too childish

cancer_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cancer_777
Member since 2003 • 178 Posts
frooshontay then dont play it.
gameboi_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gameboi_92
Member since 2007 • 4613 Posts

[QUOTE="numbah91"]I have begun to think this too, but after slipping Super Mario 64 DS back in and re-starting (I played 10 minutes of the N64 version in my life, and I only got to like 17 stars in the DS version before getting bored with it), I'm back into playing it all the time.

Personally, I think DS needs more 3D titles. Just being able to play (if imperfect) 3D games on a handheld is like amazing to me, especially when I don't have to shell out $300 for a PSP (Yes, I know the PSP itself is $200, but then games, batteries, memory sticks - it adds up).

I think Death Jr. is coming out and that looks like a neat 3D game. Rayman DS looks awesome too, and I want to try that. But you're right, lately, there hasn't been much. Every two weeks or so, I'll connect to ebgames.com to check out the DS section and see if anything catches my eye, but it's the same, boring stuff every week.

Hopefully as time goes on, we'll get more interesting, original games, rather than continual 2D remakes. :/
adventureseeker

RAYMAN DS SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldnt agree more.

zayl99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 zayl99
Member since 2007 • 614 Posts
[QUOTE="gameboi_92"][QUOTE="DS_Lightning21"]

blacktorn

Hell Ya!!

Oh ya? well Hellz YA :P
Avatar image for Crimson_flame88
Crimson_flame88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Crimson_flame88
Member since 2005 • 116 Posts
i dunno about you guys but I theres a ton of older games on the DS that I havent even played. If you're like me, you've got a pretty big back catalog of games to explore while waiting on the next big releases. I'm still playing old stuff like mario 64, and there's a ton of GBA games I'd still like to play. as far as living in the UK, i live in south america where it's way harder and more expensive to get video game stuff, so there are ways to get whay you want, without it being too expensive. and as far as the DS getting stale, I still see plenty of interesting things down the line. zelda, dragon quest, ff chocobo tales and revenant wings, spore (this could be great), guitar hero (confirmed?), theme park, and plenty of other obscure releases we still dont know much about. obviously not all of these will be stellar titles but there's gonna be some good ones no doubt.
Avatar image for psychojakrabbit
psychojakrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 psychojakrabbit
Member since 2006 • 2194 Posts
With soon many awesome games out and coming, how can you be bored? Time to broaden you horizons and try something new.
Avatar image for TheRealGameBoyx
TheRealGameBoyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheRealGameBoyx
Member since 2006 • 187 Posts
i think theres not much new right now but try wario master of Dis. it looks pritty good and i heard it was great and mario 64 is loads of fun and keeps you busy
Thevincent56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 Thevincent56
Member since 2006 • 794 Posts
STALE? Yeah right.
sallad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sallad
Member since 2003 • 112 Posts
[QUOTE="blacktorn"][QUOTE="gameboi_92"][QUOTE="DS_Lightning21"]

zayl99

Hell Ya!!

Oh ya? well Hellz YA :P

Hell yeah b-otch!
PharaohsVizier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PharaohsVizier
Member since 2004 • 889 Posts
Well I think this is kind of "the breath before the plunge" (sorry, I was watching LoTR), there are so many amazing games that will come out in a couple of months, they want to make sure everyone can afford them. In order to boost sales of a particular game, they like to kind of dry up the well of new games so that people won't buy anything for their DS, and then comes the major releases. There are still a number of decent games coming out. Check out my website for some videos of these games. www.members.shaw.ca/pharaohsvizier
thenjimmysaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 thenjimmysaid
Member since 2006 • 100 Posts
Resident Evil DS gave me a kick. It's only cause i never got to play the first RE and this is my chance. If i could, i'd buy you a copy of EBA myself. :]