The Conduit Previewed: Graphic are everything they've been hyped to be

• 163 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts

G4tv has a preview of the The Conduit.

The graphics are meeting the hype, and according to High Voltage Software, they are just the tip of the iceburg.

I can't wait for The Conduit II and whatever else High Voltage is working on.

Dingerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Dingerious
Member since 2009 • 685 Posts

Might want to wait for Conduit 1 before getting your hopes up for Conduit 2.

Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
A sequel has already been confirmed I believe and is already in development. That might not make sense to some, but the first game is following a strict schedule so any ideas and concepts left out of the first game are to be implemented in the sequel straight away.
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 psychobrew
A sequel has already been confirmed I believe and is already in development. That might not make sense to some, but the first game is following a strict schedule so any ideas and concepts left out of the first game are to be implemented in the sequel straight away.Raiko101
Cool. I also heard them talking about an RPG. I'd love to hear more.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
I have mixed feelings. Some of the textures look really good, while others look like absolute garbage. It does look better in motion though. I could care less about the graphics anyway. It's the gameplay and controls I care about.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#6 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
I'm really forward to this game, and it appears a sequel is being hinted at :D
hobonamdjojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 hobonamdjojo
Member since 2009 • 127 Posts

Yeah!

Loved the look of this game from this first time I saw it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

No.The graphics were originally hyped to be of 360/PS3 level,and they aren't even close.

carter15kd5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 carter15kd5
Member since 2006 • 605 Posts

hopefully things turn out good for this game but from the videos i've seen im not to happy wit it. the guns sound weird ai doesnt seem very smart n the graphic dont look to good(graphic may look better on the tv other then a video on the computer) also online doesnt impress me

snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 snover2009
Member since 2008 • 1730 Posts

I'm really forward to this game, and it appears a sequel is being hinted at :Dwiifan001

They mentioned that this was just the tip of the iceberg because of new graphical technologies developed too late to include.

These could be included in the sequal. I hope that there is one, then we will have a great FPS franchise on Wii.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
looks good, though I don't know what they mean by laggy servers, the only game I know is laggy is Brawl but Mario Kart is smooth, if The Conduit operates like MKW than it will be fine.
_LiquidFlame_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 _LiquidFlame_
Member since 2007 • 13736 Posts

Looking good! Can't wait, already saving money for it. :)

red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 red_sovereign
Member since 2007 • 1936 Posts
ohh that sounds good!
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Meeting what hype? Its still ugly and not what they promised it would achieve.
TheSmitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheSmitto
Member since 2008 • 1898 Posts

I have mixed feelings. Some of the textures look really good, while others look like absolute garbage. It does look better in motion though. I could care less about the graphics anyway. It's the gameplay and controls I care about.Rocky32189

Then you're in the clear!:D

Can't wait for some more information on the online modes.

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 psychobrew

Meeting what hype? Its still ugly and not what they promised it would achieve.Haziqonfire
Did you read the article? It's one of the "best looking Wii games." Do you think all Wii games are ugly? Most of the screenshots are full of jpeg artifacts and other issues. I'd take the word of someone who has played a recent version of the game than base it on what we've seen so far.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Meeting what hype? Its still ugly and not what they promised it would achieve.psychobrew

Did you read the article? It's one of the "best looking Wii games." Do you think all Wii games are ugly? Most of the screenshots are full of jpeg artifacts and other issues. I'd take the word of someone who has played a recent version of the game than base it on what we've seen so far.

I don't need to read the article -- I've seen gameplay footage, screens, etc -- Its not the actual game looking ugly in screens, its its art direction thats terrible, uninspired and generic.
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 psychobrew
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="psychobrew"]

Meeting what hype? Its still ugly and not what they promised it would achieve.Haziqonfire

I don't need to read the article -- I've seen gameplay footage, screens, etc -- Its not the actual game looking ugly in screens, its its art direction thats terrible, uninspired and generic.

Read the article. After all, it's what this thread is about. It will take less than 5 minutes out of your life.
Mike885

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mike885
Member since 2007 • 955 Posts

looks good, though I don't know what they mean by laggy servers, the only game I know is laggy is Brawl but Mario Kart is smooth, if The Conduit operates like MKW than it will be fine.Sepewrath
No it won't, that would mean we could only add like 22 people which would suck. Also i'd be better if you could add people you fight with online.

riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#21 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

how about the gameplay? Is it good?

Wikipedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Wikipedian
Member since 2007 • 1100 Posts

This looks promising.

Let's hope its rated T though.

DJgummy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 DJgummy
Member since 2007 • 380 Posts

I really don't see why High Voltage is making such a big deal about the graphics. If there is going to be a major improvement (highly doubtful) before the release, then I'lll give them credit but I think Metroid Prime 3, Call of Duty: WaW, and Metal of Honor Heroes all look better then the Conduit. Allthough I really don't care about the graphics if the game matches WaW's quality of online play, I don't see why there is so much hype. The bump mapping and fancy effects are unimportant compared to better textures and model quality.

InfinityMugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 InfinityMugen
Member since 2007 • 3905 Posts

Good art direction or not, this is an important title for the Wii. I just hope sales meet expectations and people find the game enjoyable to play.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#25 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

This looks promising.

Let's hope its rated T though.

Wikipedian

You're in luck :)

First 2 seconds of this vid

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 psychobrew

Good art direction or not, this is an important title for the Wii. I just hope sales meet expectations and people find the game enjoyable to play.

InfinityMugen
Amen. Art direction is overrated.
MischiefmAker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MischiefmAker
Member since 2004 • 907 Posts

Wow, 3 pages in and the word "generic" has only been used once, and only to criticize the art, not the game as a whole.

That might be a record low!

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

I hope they get the multiplayer right.

blankshore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#29 blankshore
Member since 2008 • 1809 Posts

I don't care so much about graphics personally--I just care about gameplay. I mean, good graphics are nice, but when it comes down to it I'd rather be having fun than looking at a pretty-but-boring game. With the Conduit, though, it looks like we'll be getting both great graphics AND great gameplay. I can't wait.

Dingerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Dingerious
Member since 2009 • 685 Posts

I'm amazed that anyone would put WaW above The Conduit.

Darkmagcite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Darkmagcite
Member since 2008 • 460 Posts
Awesome. :) I am getting more excited for this game everytime I see new information or footage on it. It's looking great and a lot better all the time.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
I really can't stand the term "bland Art Direction" the Majority of fan boys does not even know what that term really means, it's just a buzzword they can spout off and give themselves the appearance of looking intelligent. It's become a catchall of "I don't exactly what to bash this game or console about so I'll say something about the "art direction" It's really lame
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#33 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

heres some tips,

1 we all bought wiis knowing we werent expecting realistic graphics now that thats out of the way,

we should just worry how good the gameplay and value is, for the most part lol

Arc2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Arc2012
Member since 2007 • 1535 Posts

I hope they get the multiplayer right.

PhazonBlazer
amen brother!
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
A sequel has already been confirmed I believe and is already in development. That might not make sense to some, but the first game is following a strict schedule so any ideas and concepts left out of the first game are to be implemented in the sequel straight away.Raiko101
I thought the whole point of this way they didn't have a schedule so that they could take the time to make the game look as good as possible.
intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts

I really don't see why High Voltage is making such a big deal about the graphics. If there is going to be a major improvement (highly doubtful) before the release, then I'lll give them credit but I think Metroid Prime 3, Call of Duty: WaW, and Metal of Honor Heroes all look better then the Conduit. Allthough I really don't care about the graphics if the game matches WaW's quality of online play, I don't see why there is so much hype. The bump mapping and fancy effects are unimportant compared to better textures and model quality.

DJgummy
first of all, Mprime was unable to render water, smoke and shadows properly.It also had low end physics and textures and no ragdoll.WAW looked good, but MOH, comon.That game looked really really really bad in every way.
intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts
I really can't stand the term "bland Art Direction" the Majority of fan boys does not even know what that term really means, it's just a buzzword they can spout off and give themselves the appearance of looking intelligent. It's become a catchall of "I don't exactly what to bash this game or console about so I'll say something about the "art direction" It's really lameNuck81
very true
parmesanhorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 parmesanhorn
Member since 2006 • 56 Posts

No.The graphics were originally hyped to be of 360/PS3 level,and they aren't even close.

VGobbsesser

Really? Give me a single link where they did, and I'm not talking about your friends homepage.

Other than that, I think everybody should buy this one, not so much for the graphics as for the fact it's not some dumb-a**-on-rail-crap. Two and a half years out, Wii might finally get a good/great FPS. And while that's pretty darn awful, you sure can't blame this game

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

I'm still not convinced.Looks...dull.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts
The game looks good technical wise, but art wise I think it doesn't hold a candle near games like Galaxy or Brawl... or even Prime 3.
r_gam3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 r_gam3
Member since 2008 • 1185 Posts
I will say this 1) to those idiots who keep saying generic , blah blah, crap this crap that, go get a life and don't come back 2) to the normal wii owner, regardless of what you think, if you like fps games, buy this. HVS put effort into it, better than most third party. Buy it so they can use the profit to make the conduit 2 even even better.
Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
[QUOTE="Raiko101"]A sequel has already been confirmed I believe and is already in development. That might not make sense to some, but the first game is following a strict schedule so any ideas and concepts left out of the first game are to be implemented in the sequel straight away.firefox59
I thought the whole point of this way they didn't have a schedule so that they could take the time to make the game look as good as possible.

That was the case until they found a publisher. Publishers wont throw money to keep a new idea afloat forever.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5967f36c08c33

[QUOTE="VGobbsesser"]

parmesanhorn

Really? Give me a single link where they did, and I'm not talking about your friends homepage.

There are some hardware limitations with the system and we've said from the start that we want the game to look as close as possible to the 360 and PS3.

Link.

"With Conduit, we are trying to make a Wii game that looks like a 360 title."

Link.

legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

[QUOTE="parmesanhorn"]

[QUOTE="VGobbsesser"]

VGobbsesser

There are some hardware limitations with the system and we've said from the start that we want the game to look as close as possible to the 360 and PS3.

Link.

Link.

as close as possible, not exactly like a ps3 360 game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5967f36c08c33

as close as possible, not exactly like a ps3 360 game

legend26

It's still a pretty large gap between the capabilities of the system; "As close as possible" isn't saying much.

gamer620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 gamer620
Member since 2004 • 3367 Posts

[QUOTE="parmesanhorn"]

[QUOTE="VGobbsesser"]

VGobbsesser

Link.

Link.

I think you need to look at some early "next gen" games. Obviously the games won't compare at an HD level (this won't ever happen), but you take games like Conflict: Denied Ops, Turok, Turning Point: Fall of Liberty, and the Conduit doesn't look that far behind. And if you add better art direction to the game (something along the lines of an Metroid Prime title or Bioshock) and you have a game that would look significantly better than those 3 titles I mentioned despite a smaller polycount. Needless to say, the tech is certainly there to run games at a near "next gen" level but the art direction and texture limitations are what is holding it back. And given that HD is still yet to break into the mainstream gamers house, the differences will become less and less as the years go on.
snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 snover2009

[QUOTE="parmesanhorn"]

[QUOTE="VGobbsesser"]

VGobbsesser

Link.

Link.

The Conduit does look like a 360 game.

I know, I played Bioshock.

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

[QUOTE="VGobbsesser"]

[QUOTE="parmesanhorn"]

snover2009

Link.

Link.

Your kidding right? The Conduit doesn't come close to Bioshock. Bioshock blows it out of the water,no pun intended.
snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 snover2009

[QUOTE="snover2009"]

[QUOTE="VGobbsesser"]

Link.

Link.

Lto_thaG

Your kidding right? The Conduit doesn't come close to Bioshock. Bioshock blows it out of the water,no pun intended.

Play Bioshock, it doesn't look as good as people say, "the art direction is bad."

I played enough next gen games to know what I am talking about.

I am DEAD serious by the way.