super smash brothers? oh yeah i dont care!

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hattyporter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hattyporter
Member since 2007 • 172 Posts
is it just me, or is there way too much interest in smash brothers brawl?  personally i didnt care much for the gamecube one...and i couldnt care less about this one?  is anybody feeling the same way?  i mean really, just gimme some metroid and some fire emblem damnit.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
I'm looking forward to BWii far more than SSBB.
cam2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cam2009
Member since 2005 • 1397 Posts
Not just you, but definitely the minority. Smash Bros. is many people's, and my, favorite Gamecube game and party game. Adding online to that? Don't get me started.
Guckyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Guckyy
Member since 2007 • 1227 Posts
just you. I
HeyHeyMyMy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 HeyHeyMyMy
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts

No motion controls, more of the same, friend code online, oh yeah, im definitely excited *rolls eyes*

You  know what's sad? I actually am still excited...

Avatar image for Super-Mario-Fan
Super-Mario-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

#6 Super-Mario-Fan
Member since 2006 • 4279 Posts
Yeah, TC, your in the minority. It was the most well recieved party games of last gen. It's also a fanboy's paradise (since it involves multiple characters from many different series facing off).
IronManRhino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 IronManRhino
Member since 2005 • 2135 Posts
I think you're like 1 of 5 or 6 people in the world, making you an anomaly, myself, I've been a fan since the original and I think this will be a major wii killer app.
Nazor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nazor1
Member since 2004 • 504 Posts
heresy
Avatar image for jonathan_rector
jonathan_rector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 jonathan_rector
Member since 2003 • 2734 Posts
Just you man.  Dang.  Fire Emblem?  THAT game is a joke.
takisse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 takisse
Member since 2007 • 281 Posts

i don't care too much...

i'm more excited for lot of other titles... 

sappyman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 sappyman15
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

fire emblem is a great game moron. u prolly just suck at it so u dont like it.

IronManRhino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 IronManRhino
Member since 2005 • 2135 Posts

Just you man. Dang. Fire Emblem? THAT game is a joke.jonathan_rector

Fire Emblem pwns your face off. 

takisse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 takisse
Member since 2007 • 281 Posts

[QUOTE="jonathan_rector"]Just you man. Dang. Fire Emblem? THAT game is a joke.IronManRhino

Fire Emblem pwns your face off.

And tons of sexy characters...  FE rulez

soulfood4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 soulfood4
Member since 2005 • 5459 Posts
I dont care for Super Smash Brothers either, nor do i care for Harry Potter...
Xerlaoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Xerlaoth
Member since 2005 • 1059 Posts
other titles are insignificant next to the power of the for...the smash brothers.
Callofdutynoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Callofdutynoob
Member since 2007 • 1058 Posts

is it just me, or is there way too much interest in smash brothers brawl?  personally i didnt care much for the gamecube one...and i couldnt care less about this one?  is anybody feeling the same way?  i mean really, just gimme some metroid and some fire emblem damnit.hattyporter

People just have intrest in different games don't worry it's normal.

Also I have herd some 360 fans think that gears is better than h3 so they won't get h3.

Avatar image for thegame27_basic
thegame27_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 thegame27_basic
Member since 2002 • 1980 Posts

I dont care for Super Smash Brothers either, nor do i care for Harry Potter...soulfood4

Don't get me started on why I think Harry Potter is overrated.  On the topic, I am excited for smash but to me it is for the online experience.  The main game worries me as it will be more of the same due to the lack of motion controlling.  We shall see though.  I will still pick up this game as I have loved the previous two.

WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 WllDan7
Member since 2004 • 2581 Posts
Smash is the best and most people know it, so it is just you. The website is about to launch.org
soulfood4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 soulfood4
Member since 2005 • 5459 Posts

[QUOTE="soulfood4"]I dont care for Super Smash Brothers either, nor do i care for Harry Potter...thegame27_basic

Don't get me started on why I think Harry Potter is overrated.  On the topic, I am excited for smash but to me it is for the online experience.  The main game worries me as it will be more of the same due to the lack of motion controlling.  We shall see though.  I will still pick up this game as I have loved the previous two.

Lol, i know, no rant needed for Harry Potter. I dont care for SSB because i've never played them before. I'll see how it goes...
Ire-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ire-7
Member since 2006 • 466 Posts
not into fighting games much but i cant wait for this one
AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts
my most hyped wii game. probably mp3c as my 2nd and bwii for 3rd.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#23 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

SSBM was a classic title. I love the smash series a lot. Its just one of those games that you get with your friends, and play. You can play that game for hours and still have fun

SSBM was the game i played the most for the last 5 years, CONSISTENTLY.

Brawl will be the same.  

Avatar image for Hungry_Homer111
Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 Hungry_Homer111
Member since 2005 • 22479 Posts

It's not my most anticipated title for the Wii (that goes for Mario Galaxy), but it is my second most anticipated Wii title.

I never played the original, but I own, and I love Melee.  It had so much to unlock, so many modes to play, so many characters to learn and master.  And you can do all that with single-player.  With multi-player, it adds so much to the replayability, and it makes the game as great as it can be.  It's not enough to know the character's moves and how to use them.  You have to know your opponent to kill him/her.  And there are the sudden random elements to the game, such as items appearing, and you have to get to them and use them before your opponent can get to them and use them.  It's probably the best fighting game that I've played.

With Brawl, it seems like it will be the same thing, except with online.  And they also might add some new modes and things into the game.  If they have trophies in the game, that adds a lot to the amount of replay value is in the game as well.  I'm looking forward what they add to the game, what characters they add, and how they change the older characters.

gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11941 Posts
If and it's a big IF they use Miis in the next release, my Mii will be my favorite character, because it is of my likeness.
Avatar image for stormtrooper222
stormtrooper222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 stormtrooper222
Member since 2005 • 65 Posts

is it just me, or is there way too much interest in smash brothers brawl? personally i didnt care much for the gamecube one...and i couldnt care less about this one? is anybody feeling the same way? i mean really, just gimme some metroid and some fire emblem damnit.hattyporter

What's wrong with you child, super smash bros is the greatest fighting/party game any man has ever set eyes on! 

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#28 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

Melee was okay, but I liked the original WAY better.  And to be honest, I was going to skip Brawl if it werent for Snake.  I was kinda disapointed in Melee.  It was a good game, but not near as good as the original to me.

I'm not expecting TOO much from Brawl.  From the sounds of it, it'll just be Melee with new characters and a few new moves.  I hope Nintendo proves me wrong though.... And I guess Snake enough to make me a happy.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#29 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

Melee was okay, but I liked the original WAY better. And to be honest, I was going to skip Brawl if it werent for Snake. I was kinda disapointed in Melee. It was a good game, but not near as good as the original to me.

I'm not expecting TOO much from Brawl. From the sounds of it, it'll just be Melee with new characters and a few new moves. I hope Nintendo proves me wrong though.... And I guess Snake enough to make me a happy.

vashkey

i thought Melee was way better than the original. The original seems dull after playing Melee imo.

Still great though. 

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#30 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Funny thing is I think about the opposite.
Avatar image for nishamuffypuppy
nishamuffypuppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#31 nishamuffypuppy
Member since 2004 • 5731 Posts
Definitely excited - my most played GCN game ever, probably going to be the same way for the Wii.
beeahillbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 beeahillbilly
Member since 2005 • 206 Posts

is it just me, or is there way too much interest in smash brothers brawl?  personally i didnt care much for the gamecube one...and i couldnt care less about this one?  is anybody feeling the same way?  i mean really, just gimme some metroid and some fire emblem damnit.hattyporter

YOU THERE! GET OFF THE INTARNET; NOW!

DNF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DNF
Member since 2007 • 625 Posts
The only reason I'm gonna get it is for the online play
Avatar image for xxxxThe_GoaTxxx
xxxxThe_GoaTxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 xxxxThe_GoaTxxx
Member since 2004 • 1841 Posts

SSBB is the number 1 reason I threw down money for a Wii.

it deserves hype and will hopefully be amazing. 

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#35 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts
thats funny , i played pd0 and i already am not gonna get halo 3 at least not at 59.99   .  its just not worthy of that extra ten dollars.    really,  i ll have more fun with marioparty 8 etc etc then halo 3 or any fps that doesnt include 1-4 player or ai
creativeminded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 creativeminded
Member since 2005 • 1729 Posts

Actually i agree with you. This is a game sooo many people are looking forward to and i almost couldn't care less about it. 

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

I'm looking forward to BWii far more than SSBB.Duckman5

same, good news there was release month confirmed today Septmeber though = (

chisoxrule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 chisoxrule
Member since 2005 • 2095 Posts

You're not alone.  Frankly I'm sick and tired of hearing about stupid smash bros.  The other games didn't hold my interest at all.  They were completely pointless and some of the most overrated games of all time.  I'll take Metroid 3 and SMG Galaxy any day but I could care less about SSBB.

chisoxrule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 chisoxrule
Member since 2005 • 2095 Posts
bump
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

Melee was okay, but I liked the original WAY better.  And to be honest, I was going to skip Brawl if it werent for Snake.  I was kinda disapointed in Melee.  It was a good game, but not near as good as the original to me.

I'm not expecting TOO much from Brawl.  From the sounds of it, it'll just be Melee with new characters and a few new moves.  I hope Nintendo proves me wrong though.... And I guess Snake enough to make me a happy.

vashkey

Same here.

Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Boba_Fett_3710
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts

!@#$%*!

There are too many damn Wii games that I want: SSBB, No More Heroes, Poke'mon Battle, BWII, Fire Emblem, Resident Evil, Treasure Island Z, Dewey's Adventure, Metroid....Oh well, I guess I'll have fun playing my Wii on the street.

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

!@#$%*!

There are too many damn Wii games that I want: SSBB, No More Heroes, Poke'mon Battle, BWII, Fire Emblem, Resident Evil, Treasure Island Z, Dewey's Adventure, Metroid....Oh well, I guess I'll have fun playing my Wii on the street.

Boba_Fett_3710

Yeah, me too. At this rate, im gonna be broke by next year :P

hazuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hazuki
Member since 2003 • 3959 Posts
You're not the only one who thinks its very overhyped. I played the n64 one, and it was fun for its time. Melee was sortof fun, but I played it through because of the many characters. I've tried to go back and play smash brothers melee recently, but its just too simple. Out of nintendos  so called 'big 3', this is the only one I wouldn't even give a rental. Unless the game actually has a in-depth fighting system, then maybe but it more than likely won't.
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#44 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
i dont think there is such thing as a game everyone loves.  Even the biggest system sellers would be intensely lucky with half of the user base
Avatar image for mariomusicmaker
mariomusicmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mariomusicmaker
Member since 2006 • 1426 Posts
Hehe. im super hyped for it, i just don't frickin cair if it comes out in 08 - 09 when ever. it will be a better game the later it comes out and im far more interested in the new style games comming for the wii.
Avatar image for mariomusicmaker
mariomusicmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mariomusicmaker
Member since 2006 • 1426 Posts
Hehe. im super hyped for it, i just don't frickin cair if it comes out in 08 - 09 when ever. it will be a better game the later it comes out and im far more interested in the new style games comming for the wii.
imdawiinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 imdawiinner
Member since 2006 • 1475 Posts

i dont really see why they wouldnt impliment the wiimote with it, i mean is it just an upgrade of melee then whats the point? i will probably pick it up in a year or so

kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kidrock17xp
Member since 2004 • 2966 Posts
I am looking forward to the game, but I feel ppl are going too goo goo gaga over it.
LuIsSiUl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 LuIsSiUl
Member since 2004 • 1935 Posts

is it just me, or is there way too much interest in smash brothers brawl? personally i didnt care much for the gamecube one...and i couldnt care less about this one? is anybody feeling the same way? i mean really, just gimme some metroid and some fire emblem damnit.hattyporter

your opinions? oh yeah i dont care 

Zeekeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Zeekeal
Member since 2004 • 82 Posts
Its dumb that u can't use the remote and nunchuck for this game, what is that? U have to use virtual console controller and maybe gamecube? Thats dumb that they make a system based around this controller and then u can't use it for the biggest game the system has.