This topic is locked from further discussion.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I saw that StarFox for Wii-U was announced and I was wondering what kind of StarFox game it would be. I remember the SNES and N64 games being primarily in the ship and flying around. From what I've read so far it seems this will be at least part of the game which is great.

I really enjoyed StarFox Adventures on the Gamecube where you played as Fox in a third person perspective and played more like Zelda. A new StarFox like that could potentially be the straw that broke down my resistance on buying the system.

Does anyone know what the new StarFox will play like?

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17820 Posts

nintendo have been very quiet about it which is not inspiring confidence. its supposed to be out before zelda wiiu but we have only heard it mentioned in passing as far as i know.

personally i hope its more like freelancer/freespace/elite and less like starwing. i dont think the starwing game game type will stand up in todays gaming world...especially if nintendo plan to charge full whack for it.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@Telekill: this game will be a first-day buy for me if: massive, interesting environments, varied and interesting combat, world exploration and puzzle-solving (zelda, star fox adventures, original tomb raider games), third-person shooting elements (foot missions) and fun space combat missions like the SNES and N64 games.

Somehow, I'm 100% positive i'll be disappointed.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#4 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

No official details thus far. I have heard something about the Landmaster tank, so I'm assuming it'll be more about aerial and ground combat instead of the platforming from Adventures. SF:A didn't start off as a SF game, which is why it turned out so different.

I wager we'll get all the juicy details at E3.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

I never got around to playing Starfox Adventures or Assault for that matter. The only games I probably missed on my Gamecube. I hope that there will be out-of-plane sections, or some open areas where I could hop into my plane at-will. Maybe it's a poor reference, but akin to hopping into a warthog in Halo in a big area.

Additionally, I would prefer less "on rail" sections, and more open area dog fights. We'll see. Some loose concepts from No Man's Sky I would like to see implemented in Starfox.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

Its a revival of the franchise, all we know is it will have the Arwing, the Landmaster, a new vehicle thats like a helicopter and that it has gyro controls.

Other then that it's a safe bet there will be on rail missions like Starfox 64, but as for on foot, more like Assault which was vastly superior then silly Starfox Adventures.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Master_Of_Fools

@osan0 said:

nintendo have been very quiet about it which is not inspiring confidence. its supposed to be out before zelda wiiu but we have only heard it mentioned in passing as far as i know.

personally i hope its more like freelancer/freespace/elite and less like starwing. i dont think the starwing game game type will stand up in todays gaming world...especially if nintendo plan to charge full whack for it.

They haven't said much cause it's being revived after 9 long years....they want to reveal it when it gets the spot light, not when it gets over shadowed by other stuff like Zelda.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

@osan0 said:

I remember another game, they kept under wraps, have review embargo's for until release day and everything, that game was called Mario Galaxy 2. Do I need to say more?

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17820 Posts

@Sepewrath: @Master_Of_Fools: hopefully you are both right and it turns out fantastic.

mariokart97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 mariokart97
Member since 2009 • 913 Posts

@Master_Of_Fools: Starfox Adventures was an Action-Adventure with puzzle and exploration elements. Assault was a third person shooter with flying elements. You can't even compare them

_Berserkerr_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 _Berserkerr_
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

I hope the new Starfox is a mix between the original Starfox for snes and the Starfox Adventures but please... no more irritating dinosaurs.

FrankieWapps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FrankieWapps
Member since 2015 • 26 Posts

I hope this game sticks to the StarFox 64 with the all range mode included. Loved the epic fights between Starfox and Starwolf. Didn't care for the third person out of arwing on Gamecube. If they take him out of the arwing I sincerely hope they don't make that the entire game or at least do a good job with it.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Speaking of Star Fox, I found a single hard copy of Star Fox 64 3D at a local store today. Physical copies of that game are super rare and quite expensive on Amazon. One of the few 3DS games I've ever seen to come with a legit game manual.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Master_Of_Fools

@mariokart97 said:

@Master_Of_Fools: Starfox Adventures was an Action-Adventure with puzzle and exploration elements. Assault was a third person shooter with flying elements. You can't even compare them

Starfox Adventures isn't a TRUE Starfox game, it was originally Dinosaur Planet then later they slapped Starfox onto it. Starfox Assault on the other hand was the last ACTUAL Starfox game made. There are only 3 real Starfox games, Starfox (SNES) Starfox 64 (N64), and Starfox Assault (Gamecube)

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#15 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

Adventures was a pretty bad game anyway. It had great visuals, but it could of had any characters or been from almost any series.

You'll be using the touch screen a lot in any new StarFox game, and there'll be arcade-like action (which is what it does best) with some light strategy elements as well.

Multiplayer will be included as well, and perhaps even mission co-op.

That's what I think, anyway.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

While I did enjoy Dinosaur Planet, it's best to leave that type of game to Zelda. I'd love just a classic Star Fox game like SNES or N64, or a more open version like the Star Wars Rogue Squadron games.