SSBB Guide: Update 4/13 - please read

This topic is locked from further discussion.

maclotr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 maclotr
Member since 2003 • 6282 Posts

UPDATE - Moderator Note: New threads about SSBB should create discussion. If you have a general question that requires a simple answer, post it in this thread instead of creating a new topic. Thanks!

FAQ

Why can't I find any opponents when I try to play online "with anyone"?
The servers are clogged with all the newcomers. It is possible to find opponents, so just keep trying. Playing with friends is not affected by this problem, so you might want to add friends from Gamespot.

My copy of SSBB doesn't work! What should I do?!
According to Nintendo, SSBB uses dual-layer discs, so some Wiis with a dirty disc-reading lens won't be able to read the disc. The best solution is to send your Wii to Nintendo for cleaning. Don't return the game, because the problem is more than likely with your console and not your game. Repairs should take about a week to complete.

For more info from Nintendo, click here.

How do I unlock ____________?
Check one of the guides at Gamefaqs or IGN. You'll probably get your answer faster by searching the FAQs than by waiting for an answer in this thread.

Hey, returning users and new members! Check out the "Why Should I Use This Guide?" section for new details!

This guide will usually be updated daily (at least twice-weekly, depending on if the updates warrant an update to the guide). I am more than open to any suggestions you may have to offer.

Things Acceptable For Discussion

Speculation --- Fan Fiction Links --- New Ideas --- Discussion of and Replies to Constructive Posts --- Minor Hype Building --- Game-Related Countdowns

Things Unacceptable for Discussion

Excessive Hypebuilding (spam) --- Trolling --- Spam -- Off-Topic Posting

Release Date:

March 9th, 2008

TABLE OF CONTENTS

(simply use Ctrl+F to open a Search Box and type in the Roman Numeral associated with the section you want to find)

I. Why Should I Use This Guide?

II. Synopsis

III. How to Play

IV. Music

V. Developer Profile

VI. Single Player

VII. Multiplayer

VIII. Online

IX. Controls

X. Trailers and Gameplay Compilations

XI. Links

XII. The Starting Roster

XIII. Unlockable Characacters

XIV. Transformations

XV. Starting Stages

XVI. Unlockable Stages

XVII. Item Profiles

XVIII. Pokeball Pokemon

XIX. Assist Trophies

XX. Subspace Villains

XXI. Conclusion

GAMESPOT SMACKDOWN

I. Why Should I Use This Guide?

Welcome to my guide on Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It is the ultimate unofficial gold mine of information on this gamethat not only provides you with what you need to know, but also does it in a way that makes it easy on everyone. People are bound to ask, "Why should I use this when I can go to www.smashbros.com?" The answer is threefold...

1. Some people don't know the site.

2. Some people are too LAZY to check the site.

3. There is a TON of relatively useless stuff on the Dojo. This guide helps you sift through it to find what you want, when you want it.

4. The best reason -- a spoiler-free unlockable guide! If you scroll down to Section XIII, you can see all the means of unlocking characters WITHOUT having to spoil what characters you're unlocking (the same can be said for stages in Section XVI, if you care)! Hooray!

So go on, dig in, and enjoy the guide!

--------------------------------------------------

II. Synopsis:
This game is the third installment in what some consider to be the greatest fighting series of all time. Its predecessors, Super Smash Bros. (N64) and Super Smash Bros. Melee (GCN), were both received with rave reviews, particularly the latter, although the former maintains its nostalgic reputation. The previous games pitted various Nintendo characters against each other to battle for ultimate supremacy, while stopping evil forces threating to destroy them all -- namely, the Master Hand, the Crazy Hand, and Giga Bowser. This game follows the same formula, but this time, bringing at least two characters foreign to Nintendo franchises into the mix, as Solid Snake of Metal Gear fame and Sonic the Hedgehog join the crew. Will others from third-parties join them? Who knows?

Solid Snake sneaks his way into a Nintendo Franchise!

III. How To Play:

The game is fairly simple. The basic layout of things 95% of the time will be you and up to 3 other opponents on a set stage, trying to knock the others off the stage, thus defeating them. You will each have a health meter that starts at 0%. As damage is dealt out, the percentage will rise. As a character's percentage rises, hits will become more and more effective when it comes to knockback.

Try not to get yourself in the situation Link is in. Smashing an opponent back into the air upon landing is called "juggling".

Link takes his vengeance on Mario, who loses a life.

-------------------------------------------------------

IV. Music:

In a stroke of brilliance and technological breakthrough for the company, Brawl will feature a fully orchestrated soundtrack. The trailers posted further down feature tracks from the game. The sound effects have also been vastly improved, now that more than ever is happening at once on screen.

• Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Main Theme
  • Battlefield
  • Yoshi's Story: Ending
  • Metroid: Boss Battle Music (Ridley Fight)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Medley
  • Star Fox: Space Armada
  • Kid Icarus: The Underworld
  • Animal Crossing: Go K.K. Rider!
  • Pokemon: Pokemon Stadium/Evolution
  • Metal Gear Solid: MGS4 Love Theme (Smash Bros. Brawl Version)
  • WarioWare: Ashley's Theme
  • Fire Emblem: Fire Emblem Theme
  • Kirby: MetaKnight's Revenge
  • Donkey Kong
  • X: Tunnel Scene
  • Ice Climber
  • Mother: Porky's Theme
  • Sonic the Hedgehog: Angel Island Zone
  • Pikmin: World Map
  • Super Mario Bros: Ground Theme

-------------------------------------------------------

V. Developer:
It almost goes without saying, but Nintendo is producing this game. Masahiro Sakurai, the creative force behind both the Kirby and the Smash Bros. franchises, is helming the project.

Masahiro Sakurai, creator of Kirby and Smash Bros.

-------------------------------------------------

VI. Single Player:
As of August 3rd, 2007, this game's Adventure Mode has been revealed! It is called "The Subspace Emissary", and it is a full-fledged story-based sidescroller with bosses. According to Sakurai, the plot doesn't become TOO involved -- it'd told through a lot of cutscenes -- but it has been confirmed that one of the writers from the Final Fantasy series helped with the story.

In SSE, you are given a choice between at least two characters at a time and you play through certain scenarios from various franchises, and face bosses that don't necessarily have anything to do with their respective series. You can boost the attributes of the characters you use by making use of stickers, collectible items alongside trophies. The known modes plus other likely returning modes are below. (non-confirmed in Italics)

• C lassic: Choose a character, a difficulty, and a number of lives, then battle through a set number of fights to face off against the Master Hand.
  • Adventure -- Subspace Emissary: Side-scroller with a story and bosses.
  • Event: Go through a list of challenges that challenge various aspects of your skill. Sometimes you get to choose a character, sometimes you're forced to play as one!
  • Stadium: Compete in fun little minigames and try to better your records! (Confirmed Stadium Modes: Break the Targets, Home Run Contest, Multi-Man Brawl)
  • Stage Builder: Custom create your own stage and submit it to Nintendo for a chance of it being Stage of the Day, played worldwide!
  • Masterpieces: Play through demos of many games on the virtual console starring your favorite Brawler?
  • All-Star: Choose a character and a difficulty, but you only get one life as you face off against every character in the game. It moves from 1v1 to 1v2 to 1v3 and beyond.
  • More TBA

Fox does battle with a Hammer Bro during Subspace Emissary.

VII. Multiplayer

Multiplayer is most definitely the main draw to the Smash Bros. series. You can always battle with your friends in many different modes. Whether in a free-for-all, team battle, Special Brawl (customizable options make this one very wacky), or a tournament, there are endless options to make sure Multiplayer fits your needs perfectly. You also are given the option to have the game rotate between sixteen participants for you. Certain modes, such as the Subspace Emissary, Stadium, and Events, are confirmed to be Co-Op as well. It is, of course, four player.

Real multiplayer action from Brawl.

---------------------------------------------------

VIII. Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection

As of 9/18/07, it has officially been announced that Brawl will feature online play. Sakurai promises us that there will be many modes inside of the friend battle section, such as team battle, free-for-all, and hopefully tournaments/Special Brawls. Aside from that, there will be random matches. You can also assign four separate catchphrases to use against your friends when battling them over the Wi-Fi connection. According to Sakurai, there will be more updates on this subject in the future.

Confirmed Wi-Fi Modes

-Brawls

-Home Run Contest (Co-op and Vs.)

-Spectator (watch and place bets on recorded matches of Brawl)

-Share (send snapshots and videos to friends)

You can taunt your friends online in Brawl.

-----------------------------------------------------

IX. Controls:
This game has recently been confirmed to use all four possible control methods for the Wii -- the sideways Wiimote, the Wiimote+Nunchuck, the C lassic Controller, and the Gamecube Controller. In an even more exciting update, we learned that all four control schemes are customizable! That's right, now you can Brawl almost any way imaginable. You may be asking "Wouldn't it be a pain to set that up every time you fight?" Indeed it would -- that's why you can now SAVE a control scheme to the previously all-but-useless names.

STANDARD ATTACK

STRONG ATTACK

SMASH ATTACK

There is also a new element in this game known as the Final Smash. All we know is that it is very powerful, is obtained using a Smash Ball, and can be stored, at least for a short time to be released strategically. It is currently unknown how rare these balls are or what causes them to appear.

--->--->

Mario stores, activates, and unleashes his final smash, the Mario Finale.

---------------------------------------------------

maclotr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 maclotr

X. Trailers, Teasers, Gameplay Compilations, Gameplay Videos, and Cinematics

E3 2006 Trailer

Featuring: The reveal of Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Meta Knight, Pit, Wario, and Snake.

Nintendo World Gameplay Compilation

Featuring: The reveal of Fox; first video of an actual match

E3 2007 Release Date Teaser

Featuring: A short, 15-second teaser featuring newer stages and Giga Bowser in action; the "unofficial" reveal of DK

Subspace Emissary: Debut Cinematic

Featuring: A cinematic from some point in Suspace Emissary; the reveal of Peach

Subspace Emissary: Subspace Army Cinematic

Featuring: Continuation of the Debut Cinematic; the revel of Petey Piranha as a boss

Subspace Emissary: Pit's Descent Cinematic

Featuring: Footage of a cinematic involving Pit and the goddess Palutena

Snake Joins The Brawl!: Trailer/Gameplay Compilation

Featuring: Snake and Mario duking it out, showcasing some of the first real combat action of Snake.

Shadow Moses Island: Gameplay Compilations

Featuring: Comical communications between Snake and various Metal Gear characters relating to the various things happening on-stage.

Sonic the Hedgehog Joins The Brawl!: Trailer/Gameplay Compilation

Featuring: Sonic and Mario in a showdown 20 years in the making; some of Sonic's moveset

Nintendo Conference Fall 2007: Gameplay Compilation

Featuring: Footage of real multiplayer action, trophies, and Subspace Emissary in action; much more

GameSpot -- Super Smash Bros. Brawl Gameplay Demo: GameplayVideo

Featuring: The first uncut presentation of Brawl in action.

Donkey Kong Makes His Stand: Cinematic

Featuring: Cinematic footage from Donkey Kong's part of Subspace Emissary

Fox's Misfortune: Cinematic

Featuring: Cinematic footage from Diddy Kong and Fox's part of Subspace Emissary

Subspace Emissary Movie: Trailer

Featuring: New footage from Subspace Emissary

Test Battle: Tokyo vs. Kyoto: Gameplay Video

Featuring: Nintendo's headquarters vs. the development team over Wi-Fi.

XI. Links

The Smash Bros. Dojo: The official website for Super Smash Bros. Brawl

The GameSpace: GameSpot presents the gamespace for Brawl; features previews, reviews, videos, images, and a forum

GameSpot's Brawl Forum: This forum is an entire board dedicated to the discussion of Brawl

maclotr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 maclotr

XII. The Starting Roster

--Click on a portrait to be taken to their profile!--

XIII. Unlockable Characters (SPOILER TAG IS CURRENTLY NOT WORKING... READ AT YOUR OWN RISK)

Because I'm so nice, I've included this section. Click on the spoiler tag to see what number corresponds to which character.

Unlockable Characters

Possibly more TBA

How To Unlock:

#23: Currently Unknown

#24: Currently Unknown

#25:

#26:

#27:

#28:

#29:

#30:

#31:

#32:

#33:

#34:

#35:

Possibly more TBA

XIV. Transformations

Transformation: Sheik

Transformation Of: Zelda

How to Transform: Use Zelda's Down-B move

Able to Start As Transformation?: Unknown

Transformation: Zero Suit Samus

Transformation Of: Samus

How to Transform: Use Samus's Final Smash

Able to Start As Tranformation?: Unknown

maclotr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 maclotr

XV. Starting Stages

--Click on a snapshot to be taken to its description!--

XVI. Unlockable Stages

Aren't I just goddamn awesome? Even though almost none of you care, if you don't even want STAGES spoiled for you, this is just how cool I am.

--Click on a snapshot to be taken to its description!--

Not Yet Applicable

maclotr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 maclotr

XVII. Item Profiles

--Click on a snapshot to be taken to their description!--

maclotr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 maclotr

XVIII. Pokeball Pokemon

maclotr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 maclotr

XIX. Assist Trophies

maclotr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 maclotr

XX. Subspace Enemies

~*Bosses*~

~*Standard Enemies*~

maclotr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 maclotr

XIX. Conclusion

Thank you all for reading my guide! If you have any thoughts or suggestions, feel free to PM me or leave a post in this thread! PLEASE let me know if you spot an error. Well, thanks again, and I'll see you in the discussion!

maclotr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 maclotr

THE GURU GUIDE PRESENTS:

GAMESPOT SMACKDOWN

You wanna be the very best that no one ever was?!? Well, you're gonna have to get through me and a bunch of other participants in a total Brawl showdown tournament hosted here, in the Guru Guide! I will make it very clear when I will be accepting tournament applicants. How many places I will accept will be decided per tournament.

UPCOMING TOURNAMENTS:

Launch Party: Week of 3/09/08-2/15/08

Who Can Enter: Anyone who is getting the game the day after launch or the two days after

CURRENT TOURNAMENT BRACKET:

*Not Currently Applicable*

OVERALL LEADERBOARD:

*Not Currently Applicable*

Jayesler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jayesler12
Member since 2006 • 1690 Posts

EDIT: First Post First Page cool. Great job Maclotr :D

hey so will the other thread be deleted or unstickied?

maclotr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 maclotr

hey so will the other thread be deleted or unstickied? if you don't want anyone to post. i'll just delete this

Jayesler12

Both deleted and unstickied. Congratulations on the first post!

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

Great job! i like the transformation part and the unlockable characters

Jakendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#16 Jakendo
Member since 2007 • 3841 Posts
Hopefully people will actually use this one and not make new threads.
xgamer40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 xgamer40
Member since 2006 • 3913 Posts
Oooohhh very nice thread, although for a moment there the title had me thinking you had a list of the unlockable characters and stages :? still very nicely made...
maclotr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 maclotr

alexh_99

Thanks. Do you know how to use the spoiler tags? I used to, and now I forget, I'd like to block out even Sonic and Snake for consistency's sake.

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 alexh_99

Hopefully people will actually use this one and not make new threads. Jakendo

ahahahha not going to happen

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 alexh_99
[QUOTE="alexh_99"]

maclotr

Thanks. Do you know how to use the spoiler tags? I used to, and now I forget, I'd like to block out even Sonic and Snake for consistency's sake.

let me see

[spoiler] Read what Jakendo says on the next page to learn how. [/spoiler]

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts
Another very well done guide. Nice job.
Jakendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jakendo
Member since 2007 • 3841 Posts
[spoiler] You have to do [spoil-er] Insert Text [/spoil-er] (of course you have to take out the "-") [/spoiler]
maclotr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 maclotr

Another very well done guide. Nice job.Dark_Link142

Thanks! I appreciate all of your compliments so very much -- seriously, it sounds kinda corny, but each "Nice job!" I see makes me smile, because it's nice to know people appreciate the day I poured into the original version and the individual hours I pour into each remake.

rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rcignoni
Member since 2004 • 8863 Posts
Sweet, thanks for the effort.
maclotr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 maclotr

[spoiler] You have to do [spoil-er] Insert Text [/spoil-er] (of course you have to take out the "-") [/spoiler] Jakendo

That's what I thought! Whenever I do it, though, it keeps giving me this weird "HTML is not well formed, no valid tags" message.

fitootif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 fitootif
Member since 2005 • 883 Posts
yup, thanx a lot
Durffen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 Durffen
Member since 2007 • 246 Posts

Another great SSBB guide.

I really hope we will see gameplay videos of Olimar. He's likely to be my main.

nelfer320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 nelfer320
Member since 2004 • 2867 Posts
Nice thread I like how you made the characters avatars go to the dojo website. Awesome!
Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Dark_Link142

[QUOTE="Dark_Link142"]Another very well done guide. Nice job.maclotr

Thanks! I appreciate all of your compliments so very much -- seriously, it sounds kinda corny, but each "Nice job!" I see makes me smile, because it's nice to know people appreciate the day I poured into the original version and the individual hours I pour into each remake.

I can understand that. It's nice for someone to compliment someone else's hard work. Keep it up :).

Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts

until abou 2 hours ago, i did not even care about tis game.. now i`m drolling...

Thx this was really usefull.... :D:D

You guys/gals would kick my ass on battle, but i do not care ... it would be fun anyway :D and all teh mode have me drolling :P

Thx again... great thread

maclotr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 maclotr

until abou 2 hours ago, i did not even care about tis game.. now i`m drolling...

You guys/gals would kick my ass on battle, but i do not care ... it would be fun anyway :D and all teh mode have me drolling :P

chang_1910

Mission Accomplished.

MISSION. MOTHER ****IN'. ACCOMPLISHED.

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Dark_Link142
[QUOTE="chang_1910"]

maclotr

Mission Accomplished.

MISSION. MOTHER ****IN'. ACCOMPLISHED.

:lol:

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

Great job, as always. I had to defile your first post a bit to add my note (for technical reasons). So sorry about that. Thanks again for doing this; it's greatly appreciated.

To the regulars of this thread, I just wanted to thank you for staying on-topic and being civil for the last couple of days. Keep it up. :)

ice05052005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 ice05052005
Member since 2005 • 311 Posts

Great job, as always. I had to defile your first post a bit to add my note (for technical reasons). So sorry about that. Thanks again for doing this; it's greatly appreciated.

To the regulars of this thread, I just wanted to thank you for staying on-topic and being civil for the last couple of days. Keep it up. :)

JordanElek

no prob, bob

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts
Looks cooler now
ethanpaige

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 ethanpaige
Member since 2005 • 13100 Posts
hopefully this one doesnt become the madhouse the last one ended up being... lol
I_Want_A_Name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 I_Want_A_Name
Member since 2005 • 68 Posts

Woo Hoo! Second page! Good job with the design, Maclotr.

Smash Brothers is going to be awesome!

ice05052005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ice05052005

Woo Hoo! Second page! Good job with the design, Maclotr.

Smash Brothers is going to be awesome!

I_Want_A_Name

Yes it will be! Ive been waiting for 7 years!!!

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sman3579

whats your oppion on the other characters returning?

this is mine. i only put characters that i felt had a 85% chance or higher

Captain Falcon: has a 100% chance of returning ( period ). He was in the first smash bros, he is the main character in his games, and there is an AT from his series.

Luigi: has a 95% chance of returning ( IMO ). He was in the first smash bros, he is a huge character in the Mario games, and Waluigi is an AT. The only thing that gives me little doubt is his specials were alittle similar to Marios, but not 100% similar.

Marth: has a 85% chance of returning ( IMO ). There remakeing his game on the DS so Nintendo is thinking about him, even though sorces are saying Ike will replace him they fight nothing alike but still it makes me wonder.

Ness: has a 95% chance of returning ( by all of these sorces ). He was in the first smash bros, he is the main character in his games, a hole bunch of things on the internet make you believe hes returning. But i still want to see him in the Dojo.

Jiggly: has a 95% chance of returning ( by that sticker thing and IMO ). She was in the first smash bros, not a clone, that sticker thing on the internet is believeable.

Mr. Game & Watch: has a 90% chance of returning ( IMO ). Not a clone, an old/classic character. But there is a rumor he is leaving.

and theres others I think will return but these our the top 6 ( IMO ).

maclotr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 maclotr

Sman, I'd say Captain Falcon has a 99% chance of returning... he's got an original moveset and there's no reason for him to leave.

I'd say Luigi has a 95% chance. There's absolutely no excuse for cutting him, so why not?

Marth?... I'm not so sure. 75% for me, could go either way.

Ness has a 100% chance of returning. He was confirmed by the leak, which was proven true. Same with Jiggly.

As for GnW, if you follow the World Icon Theory, GnW is confirmed -- at least, a Game and Watch stage. I think it's very unlikely that Game and Watch would only have a stage though, so...

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts
Marth will return, Ike isn't Marth. Marth is a speed character, and Ike is heavy, they're not the same character, not even the same moves except a B move. Marth would take priority over Ike anyway, he's a much more important Lord than Ike in Japan, and the Fire Emblem icon is Marth's sword.
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 sman3579

You know we are talking about the obvious characters, we should talk about the least obvious characters ( newcomers ).

Like if they put in the Eggplant Wizard, he is the bad guy in Kid Icarus aka Pits game.

Rurouni_Fung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Rurouni_Fung
Member since 2006 • 596 Posts
Falco should come back with the SAME moveset, and young link should be windwaker link instead, but with ice arrows, and when he takes out a bomb he lifts it above his head :D But these two have about a...80% chance of returing because even though many people loved to use them instead of their originals, more people seemed to hate them just because they were similar to the other characters. I still don't understand that.

I think G&W has a 97% chance of returning, just because of that world number clue. He is supposedly the world 13 icon.
Jayesler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Jayesler12
Member since 2006 • 1690 Posts

Luigi 99.99% - usually when mario is in a game, he has to have his brother with him. especially when its a game where they take as many characters as they can from certain series and put them into one like Mario Kart, or Mario tennis, or Mario strikers etc.
Captain Falcon 99% - he has been in all the smash bros. games and there has been rumors that his model is the same for the red alloy from multiman brawl. Although, his moveset would have to be different and not cloned.

Ness 99% - been in every smash bros. and sources have leaked him that he is already confirmed. But his moveset has to be dissimilar than lucas's

Marth 80% - he has a chance but it seems ike looks a lot like him and that Ike has supposedly replaced him.

Game and Watch 80% - he's very unique but i have heard rumors about him being cut along with the ice climbers, but it was wrong about the ice climbers. I haven't heard anything him coming back.

Ganondorf 90% - either he's in, or Zant is. the Zelda series needs a villan.

Mewtwo 50% - he was from the older series and probably will be replaced by lucario

Jiggly 95% - its been leaked out. and she's been in every smash as well.

Young Link 50% - hes a clone. rumors say that a cel-shaded link will replace him with new moveset

ice05052005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ice05052005

Falco should come back with the SAME moveset, and young link should be windwaker link instead, but with ice arrows, and when he takes out a bomb he lifts it above his head :D But these two have about a...80% chance of returing because even though many people loved to use them instead of their originals, more people seemed to hate them just because they were similar to the other characters. I still don't understand that.

I think G&W has a 97% chance of returning, just because of that world number clue. He is supposedly the world 13 icon.Rurouni_Fung

as much as i love falco. . .they should replace him with krystal! that would totally rock!

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 sman3579

Miis would be awesome characters

down special: Bowling Ball Throw. the Mii will throw a bowling ball at the enemy below it.

up special: Tennis Racket Swing. the Mii swings a tennis racket upward.

side special: Golf Ball Hit. the Mii hits a golf ball that travels to the side.

standard special: Baseball Bat Swing. the Mii swings the baseball bat.

final smash: Mii Parade. a whole bunch of Miis march across the screen.

standard moves: Boxing. the Mii will do boxing moves.

What u think?!?!?

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sman3579
Why does none want Paper Mario in. If they put Cel-Shaded Link in they should put Paper Mario in.:)
Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts
If Marth is replaced by Ike that would make no sense. Who else would Fire Emblem have? I probably wouldn't play multiplayer if Marth was replaced.
Avatar image for remmbermytitans
remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 remmbermytitans
Member since 2005 • 7214 Posts

Miis would be awesome characters

down special: Bowling Ball Throw. the Mii will throw a bowling ball at the enemy below it.

up special: Tennis Racket Swing. the Mii swings a tennis racket upward.

side special: Golf Ball Hit. the Mii hits a golf ball that travels to the side.

standard special: Baseball Bat Swing. the Mii swings the baseball bat.

final smash: Mii Parade. a whole bunch of Miis march across the screen.

standard moves: Boxing. the Mii will do boxing moves.

What u think?!?!?

sman3579

great idea

Rurouni_Fung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Rurouni_Fung
Member since 2006 • 596 Posts

I forgot to mention that they should also change Falco's stats like his strength and speed. In that aspect, he was a lot like Fox. IF they made him stronger ( he was already slower), then he could be a different character, especially with that completely different blaster.

I think Krystal should be in, but with her staff and along side fox and falco. She would have a long range, and could shoot things, but she wouldn't be very strong. The ideas for Starfox Final Smashes are low though.

There is speculation to believe that Mewtwo has been replaced with Lucario, because in the leak he was not there. THe only explanation is that he was not unlocked because it's the same method as melee. He was a unique character though. I don't think that it matters if there are "too many" Pokémon representatives because that shouldn't matter as long as the character is fun to play with.