Sometimes I wonder WTF is Nintendo thinking when it comes to VC' games??

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lil_Dwayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lil_Dwayne
Member since 2008 • 629 Posts
Where's Pokemon Stadium? Mario Party 1? Supersmash brothers? Kirby Super Star? Mario Allstars? Loony Toons basketball? Mario Tennis 1 and 2? Majoras Mask? Banjo Kazooie 1 and 2? Conker Bad Fur Day??? And plenty more CLASSICS they need to bring over! Sometimes I wonder if they want to make money! They are releasing all of these NES games NOBODY has ever heard of. Comon Nintendo!
zemiguelsantos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 zemiguelsantos
Member since 2005 • 600 Posts
wait bthey are bringing them slowly they will all come, except for sper marioall stars lol
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
Maybe, it is more difficult to bring a N64 game to the VC, than a NES game. Or maybe it's just that they don't want to release all their classics at once, to sale more. Who knows.
PeterPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 PeterPerson
Member since 2007 • 3627 Posts

i know...

they release like... these weirdddd games ive never heard of.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
you would WANT pokemon stadium without a transfer pack why?
forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
I dunno, you could look at it that way, but you could also think of it like Nintendo Releasing the more obscure titles so that the games that deserved to shine but never got it funally get their time in the light...ofcourse, there are still all those garbage titles.
Avatar image for christhepenguin
christhepenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 christhepenguin
Member since 2005 • 583 Posts
Nintendo wishes to put out their entire library of games. If they do their big titles all at once, no ones going to care about it later. They want the VC to be a thing you're going back to all throughout the Wii's life. It's poor marketing strategy if they don't space out the big titles. Not to mention some of those titles that "no one has ever heard of" are gems. I have more fun downloading VC titles that I've never heard of but that get rave reviews than I do playing through Pokemon Snap again. Sin and Punishment is an amazing game that in the past would've cost a lot more than 12 dollars to acquire. And while from a consumer standpoint, it doesn't make sense to have Majora's Mask a million years down the road, look at it from Nintendo's stance.
Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts
I'm assuming they're pacing themselves. They release a few games and every few weeks they release a bigger game. That's my observation anyway. I just hope the next big game is Majora's. Only time will tell though.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Where's Pokemon Stadium? Mario Party 1? Supersmash brothers? Kirby Super Star? Mario Allstars? Loony Toons basketball? Mario Tennis 1 and 2? Majoras Mask? And plenty more CLASSICS they need to bring over! Sometimes I wonder if they want to make money! They are releasing all of these NES games NOBODY has ever heard of. Comon Nintendo!Lil_Dwayne

Mario

Zelda

Matroid

Kirby

Sonic

Unless you live out of the three major regions?

black_ice23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 black_ice23
Member since 2003 • 1288 Posts
its a marketing strategy to highlight the games that didnt get their 15 minutes of fame the first time around and im sure they will release smash bros when brawl is being release , they release the major hits when a next gen version is coming out e.g. SMB 3 and SMG
Tokyo90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Tokyo90
Member since 2007 • 2024 Posts
right now the vc imo is a big letdown , there just isn't any good games on it.
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

Where's Pokemon Stadium? Mario Party 1? Supersmash brothers? Kirby Super Star? Mario Allstars? Loony Toons basketball? Mario Tennis 1 and 2? Majoras Mask? Banjo Kazooie 1 and 2? Conker Bad Fur Day??? And plenty more CLASSICS they need to bring over! Sometimes I wonder if they want to make money! They are releasing all of these NES games NOBODY has ever heard of. Comon Nintendo!Lil_Dwayne

those games will never ever appear in the VC

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

right now the vc imo is a big letdown , there just isn't any good games on it.Tokyo90

yep, it only has 40 A games, 17 AA games and 2 AAA games :roll:

TDLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TDLlama
Member since 2006 • 2779 Posts

They've released nearly every Mario platformer, almost every Zelda game, the 3 big Sonic games, Metroid and Super Metroid, some Castlevania games, Pokemon Snap, Paper Mario, and a whole crapload of great games. Yes, there are many classic games they're missing, but they've down very well so far.

And Smash Bros. will likely be out a week or two before Brawl.

And Banjo-Kazooie and Conker are more likely to be released on XBLA due to that whole Rare/MS relationship.

Avatar image for TwilightSoilder
TwilightSoilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TwilightSoilder
Member since 2007 • 1831 Posts
wait bthey are bringing them slowly they will all come, except for sper marioall stars lolzemiguelsantos
I hope your wrong. I WANT SUPER MARIO ALL-STARS!!!
cyber_sonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 cyber_sonix
Member since 2005 • 112 Posts
I just want earthbound :[
-kazoku-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -kazoku-
Member since 2004 • 116 Posts
Uniracers, Skate or Die
awptimistic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 awptimistic
Member since 2007 • 483 Posts
Why do you guys want these old games anyways?
jjr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 jjr10
Member since 2005 • 5880 Posts
This system will last for at least 5 years. If they gave out all the good VC games now, we would have nothing else.
Niff_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Niff_T
Member since 2007 • 6052 Posts

[QUOTE="Tokyo90"]right now the vc imo is a big letdown , there just isn't any good games on it.JuarN18

yep, it only has 40 A games, 17 AA games and 2 AAA games :roll:

Actually, that is really sad...

Nintendo made the VC saying they were going to release the "best of the best" of all the old systems, and compared to the total number of VC games that are currently out, those numbers are pretty bad...

Also, the amount of games you might consider "good" is mostly personal prefrence. In Tokyo's case, there are hardly any, if any at all, games that this particular person wants to play that are on the VC.

Pajamasalad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pajamasalad
Member since 2007 • 356 Posts
When the next Nintendo console comes out will it still be able to play Gamecube games and will we be able to transfer our VC games onto it?
frenchy2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 frenchy2006
Member since 2006 • 136 Posts
i dont think that nintendo can put games like goldeneye 007, conkers, or banjo. cuz they were all run by rare, and xbox has the rights to those games. as for smash bros, i bet theyre gonna release it the monday before brawl (like metroid)
l8bitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 l8bitz
Member since 2004 • 3251 Posts
Some of us LIKE those NES games no one has heard of you know. I agree with you in the way of Nintendo really doesn't seem to have a coherent patern to which games they put on though. They seem to illogically pick a couple of games at random.
parksits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 parksits
Member since 2005 • 1037 Posts
Why do you guys want these old games anyways? awptimistic
you're kidding right? most of these classics were sooo good but a person just can't fnd them anymore...ninendo is giving people a chance to buy these gems to keep forever. no vc ame will ever wear out or be broken. itsa great idea. anyways you are obviously not a big nintendo gamer, which means you are probably 13, so you can't possibly understand the value of this wii feature.
parksits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 parksits
Member since 2005 • 1037 Posts
i honestly don't understand why i even bother checking the vc still....beause week after week i am disappointed at the games that arrive. i mean "lunar pool", wtf! nintendo! even by releasing games that "didn't hve a chance to shine"...they can't possily expet this crap to get publishers money. crap is crap...period. and im not spending a dime on something that isn't amazing. i hope most consumers agree andninty smartens up. im waiting for mario rpg, chrono trigger, and majora's mask
sxdx89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sxdx89
Member since 2003 • 3009 Posts

[QUOTE="zemiguelsantos"]wait bthey are bringing them slowly they will all come, except for sper marioall stars lolTwilightSoilder

arent all the games in All-Stars already on the VC anyways? except that they dont have the graphical updates and you have to buy each one individually?

Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts

If they put all the VC games on at once, it would be a very bad move by Nintendo. The system has to last a while, so spreading out game releases is the way it's gonna be. I bet they have games that could easily be put on as we speak, but they'd have to be sure there's other games that will be able to support the system in the long run first.

Haven't been gaming long enough to appreciate the games that started off the industry, eh?

Tokyo90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Tokyo90

[QUOTE="TwilightSoilder"][QUOTE="zemiguelsantos"]wait bthey are bringing them slowly they will all come, except for sper marioall stars lolsxdx89

arent all the games in All-Stars already on the VC anyways? except that they dont have the graphical updates and you have to buy each one individually?

I perfer super mario all stars anyways cuz of the music in super mario bros. and your right the graphics too.

ri_od

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ri_od
Member since 2007 • 41 Posts

Two notes:

1) I remember having read somewhere that Reggie said they are intentionally keeping some games up their sleeve in case there is a draught in original wii games;

2) Look how many sites have frequent updates about new VC games. No chance that'd happen if they released everything at once, is there? they wouldn't be able to keep the interest in the service, which means a. people would buy less games in general, b. people wouldn't hear about games they haven't played in their first iteration, and wouldn't buy them on the VC.

Also, what are you talking about? there are a TON of great VC games out now... and I'm sure their great, but some of the games you mentioned (Looney Toons Basketball?) wouldn't necessarilly be on the top of their priorities, even back in its day Nintendo barely awknowledged Conker's Bad Fur Day due to its "mature-oriented nature", and now they couldn't (or wouldn't) release it (along with the Banjo Kazooie's) due to Rare being bought buy microsoft, and even though Super Mario Allstars wasn't (and most probably won't) be released as a collection, all of its games have already been released to the Virtual Console. Pokemon Stadium would suck without a GB connection, and according to wikipedia, Kirby Super Star is slated for release in NA's virtual console. Also, what exactly is Mario Tennis 2? Mario Power Tennis, if that's what you're referring to, is a Cube game - the VC doesn't have GCN games.

But ranting sure is fun, isn't it?

jzer21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jzer21
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I've always understood the VC to be more of an appeal to the older gamers...Nintendo's ardent fans. I mean, I still have the Mario Party, Kirby, Mario Allstars and Majora's Mask cartridges on the original console, so why would I pay for the virtual version? I remember many of the games available for download. Maybe you're just too young to remember them??
awptimistic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 awptimistic
Member since 2007 • 483 Posts

[QUOTE="awptimistic"]Why do you guys want these old games anyways? parksits
you're kidding right? most of these classics were sooo good but a person just can't fnd them anymore...ninendo is giving people a chance to buy these gems to keep forever. no vc ame will ever wear out or be broken. itsa great idea. anyways you are obviously not a big nintendo gamer, which means you are probably 13, so you can't possibly understand the value of this wii feature.

Are you kidding me?

You bought a current gen system to play old games? They made cartridges so people can keep the games forever as well:S what happened with that. Just wait for 20 years. I wanna see you still play with your wii. Wait, so you're saying that no big nintendo gamer is under 13? Hmm weird ass noob. Pathetic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
I'm mainly just questioning why Nintendo is taking so long to release more N64 games in general.:? We only have a mere handful of N64 games compared to the other systems.
stkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34 stkr
Member since 2006 • 6118 Posts
Sometimes Nintendo just flat out worries me. They do everything their own way. Luckily, their actions have somewhat been appealing to their fanbase.
stkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35 stkr
Member since 2006 • 6118 Posts

[QUOTE="parksits"][QUOTE="awptimistic"]Why do you guys want these old games anyways? awptimistic

Are you kidding me?

You bought a current gen system to play old games? They made cartridges so people can keep the games forever as well:S what happened with that. Just wait for 20 years. I wanna see you still play with your wii. Wait, so you're saying that no big nintendo gamer is under 13? Hmm weird ass noob. Pathetic.

If you actually consider the circumstances that the Wii has, and the fact that the VC is a HUGE impetus for many old-school gamers to buy Wii, then yes. It'd be idiotic to think that the VC is just some feature tagged on to the system. Many people like playing classic games that they grew up with. I'm kind of surprised that you don't realize this.

chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

To play them with a good quality. PC emulation sucks and I don't have anymore my SNES and my NES is broken. I still have my Sega Genesis and N64. Ididn't have a Turbografx and NeoGeo.I support Turbografx games. Heck, I want to play Ys 1 & 2. I'd like to support some Neo Geo games like Top Hunter. I'll probably have like 30 VC games by the end of the life of the console. Right now, I have 20 VC games. Also,there's the import games like Sin & Punishment which it's very awesome.

I still play on my Wii itself. I'll have Zack & Wiki and Battalion Wars 2 soon. I want 16 Wii games through the year. I'm planning to download some Wii ware games as well. Also, I play on GameCube games on it.

I might have a PS3 but it will be mostly used for the Blu-Ray driver. I'd like a PS3 with backwards compatibility to play again at Shadow of Colassus and ICO and maybe some PS3 games that I might be interested. I don't see anything interesting yet on PS3.

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

[QUOTE="Lil_Dwayne"]Where's Pokemon Stadium? Mario Party 1? Supersmash brothers? Kirby Super Star? Mario Allstars? Loony Toons basketball? Mario Tennis 1 and 2? Majoras Mask? And plenty more CLASSICS they need to bring over! Sometimes I wonder if they want to make money! They are releasing all of these NES games NOBODY has ever heard of. Comon Nintendo!Jaysonguy

Mario

Zelda

Matroid

Kirby

Sonic

Unless you live out of the three major regions?

A rare typo by Jason. Forshame!!!

They don't release them all at once because that would be a horrible business strategy.

Think about it: All the good games come out at once = no time (or money) for you to play them all.

If they space them out, you get to play each one fully, then when you're done playing a new one will come out.

They already have a way better library of DL games than Microsoft or Sony, what more do you want from them? Do you need them to wipe for you, too?

Come to think of it, that would be nice...

chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

I'm mainly just questioning why Nintendo is taking so long to release more N64 games in general.:? We only have a mere handful of N64 games compared to the other systems.VGobbsesser

It's probably because there's pratically no 3rd party games and Rare games are gone. You have to put the 1st party games. The next N64 games are 1080o Snowboarding and Cruisin' USA. Both have been rated on the ESRB website.

http://aussie-nintendo.com/?v=news&p=20986

Niff_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Niff_T
Member since 2007 • 6052 Posts

It's probably because there's pratically no 3rd party games and Rare games are gone. You have to put the 1st party games. The next N64 games are 1080o Snowboarding and Cruisin' USA. Both have been rated on the ESRB website.

chris3116

Well, that's disappointing...

My guess is that Nintendo is just lazy, which is why they don't bring out as many N64 games... sad really...

Fifty_Pence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 Fifty_Pence
Member since 2006 • 397 Posts
I just want GBA games and I'll be happy. Castlevania Aria of Sorrow and Metroid Fusion ftw.
Tokyo90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Tokyo90

[QUOTE="awptimistic"]Why do you guys want these old games anyways? chris3116

To play them with a good quality. PC emulation sucks and I don't have anymore my SNES and my NES is broken. I still have my Sega Genesis and N64. Ididn't have a Turbografx and NeoGeo.I support Turbografx games. Heck, I want to play Ys 1 & 2. I'd like to support some Neo Geo games like Top Hunter. I'll probably have like 30 VC games by the end of the life of the console. Right now, I have 20 VC games. Also,there's the import games like Sin & Punishment which it's very awesome.

I still play on my Wii itself. I'll have Zack & Wiki and Battalion Wars 2 soon. I want 16 Wii games through the year. I'm planning to download some Wii ware games as well. Also, I play on GameCube games on it.

I might have a PS3 but it will be mostly used for the Blu-Ray driver. I'd like a PS3 with backwards compatibility to play again at Shadow of Colassus and ICO and maybe some PS3 games that I might be interested. I don't see anything interesting yet on PS3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PS3_exclusives none of these games interest you? I'm not trying to be funny or rude.

Goten_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#42 Goten_king
Member since 2004 • 4327 Posts
well first of all, Pokemon stadium - GB support = pointless. Sure i've played it before with jsut rental pokemon the computer, but its no where near as fun.

Mario Party.. why bother, no offence but i bet someone at some point has a GC version or Wii version

Smash bros... that i could see

Kirby Super STar?? i thought they ahd that.. guess not, anyway, they sould

Mario Allstars, would ruin thier, 1500 monopoly on the mario trilogy,

LTB? no thanks

Tennis, they hsould

Majoras Mask... no idea why not

Banjo, RARE?!

Conkers RARES!!??

ShadowCR21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43 ShadowCR21
Member since 2008 • 117 Posts

I just want GBA games and I'll be happy. Castlevania Aria of Sorrow and Metroid Fusion ftw.Fifty_Pence

I don't think it would be possible to get portable systems like the GBA on the VC, because the GBA was released in 2001, and even if they could, I bet they would take up a lot of memory on the VC.

But on topic, one game that I am DESPERATE to see on the Wii is Sonic 3 and Knuckles...best Sonic game ever. The first Super Smash Brothers would be good too. Then again, I don't have any Wii Points right now, so i'll have to buy some Wii Points cards at the store when I get the chance. And as for S3K...I doubt Sega will bother to let Nintendo put that on since they already have Sonic 3.

Warplane11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Warplane11
Member since 2007 • 226 Posts
If only there could be Banjoe Kazooie and Banjo Tooie
Avatar image for Crimson_flame88
Crimson_flame88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Crimson_flame88
Member since 2005 • 116 Posts
they probably released all those old NES games rather than a lot of the N64 titles you mentioned because of their smaller size and they're just easier and cheaper to emulate. besides, stuff like banjo kazooie cant be released because Rare is now owned by microsoft. i'll agree there are some crucialgames they should release though
Mr-Snowman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Mr-Snowman93
Member since 2008 • 73 Posts
Where's Pokemon Stadium? Mario Party 1? Supersmash brothers? Kirby Super Star? Mario Allstars? Loony Toons basketball? Mario Tennis 1 and 2? Majoras Mask? Banjo Kazooie 1 and 2? Conker Bad Fur Day??? And plenty more CLASSICS they need to bring over! Sometimes I wonder if they want to make money! They are releasing all of these NES games NOBODY has ever heard of. Comon Nintendo!Lil_Dwayne
They want to bring games that no one ever played that were good on the VC. I'm sure a lot of people have played LOZ:MM and Banjo Kazooie and Mario Party 1. But they will come eventually. Just be patient.
03mareed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 03mareed
Member since 2005 • 698 Posts

Wheres PloK!?

helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#48 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts

[QUOTE="TwilightSoilder"][QUOTE="zemiguelsantos"]wait bthey are bringing them slowly they will all come, except for sper marioall stars lolsxdx89

Why wont it be on the VC? I'd figure that after all the games in it are released seperately, they'd release SMAll Stars..
OniStrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 OniStrat
Member since 2003 • 1800 Posts
If they would release all games at once, everybody would only buy one or two of them. It's a strategy. They milk us.
kingsy_the_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 kingsy_the_one
Member since 2003 • 4354 Posts
It's not logical to release all of the big guns this early in the game.. Why would they do that when it'd just cause a VC drought..?