Screw Guitar Hero...I want Drum Hero

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GumbieuK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#51 GumbieuK
Member since 2005 • 581 Posts
Love the idea, and its very possible! Would love to see it!
RpGamerzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#52 RpGamerzzz
Member since 2006 • 873 Posts
Ya, I kinda know a little bit about drumming, and since we wont be able to do certain skills(buzzes, fast diddles) and other things like that, it would be really hard to put good drumming onto it. And people, we don't need a million other (instrument) hero. Join band... or just learn some instrument '^.^
ShakeNBake1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 ShakeNBake1491
Member since 2004 • 3055 Posts
[QUOTE="Mister-Sparkle"]

Drumming consists of:

about 40% snare drum, 20% Bass Drum, 10% Hi-Hat, 20% cymbals and 10% other parts of the drum set.

The bass drum and Hi-Hat both use the feet to play them.

Now tell me, HOW CAN THERE BE A DRUM GAME WHERE 30% OF THE WORK CANNOT BE DONE????

weazur
Ture, but a guitar has like ..what 5 strings, and requires a pick, Guitar hero has none of that

yea.. and dancing requires more than just stomping in certain spots.. but they found a wayyyy
weazur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 weazur
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts
[QUOTE="weazur"][QUOTE="Mister-Sparkle"]

Drumming consists of:

about 40% snare drum, 20% Bass Drum, 10% Hi-Hat, 20% cymbals and 10% other parts of the drum set.

The bass drum and Hi-Hat both use the feet to play them.

Now tell me, HOW CAN THERE BE A DRUM GAME WHERE 30% OF THE WORK CANNOT BE DONE????

ShakeNBake1491
Ture, but a guitar has like ..what 5 strings, and requires a pick, Guitar hero has none of that

yea.. and dancing requires more than just stomping in certain spots.. but they found a wayyyy

Exactly, they could find a way to put drumming onto Wii and still make it enjoyable.
tar82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 tar82
Member since 2006 • 612 Posts

So, there's been a recent report that Wii could get Guitar hero....but my complaint is that I think it would be cooler to have a Drum simulation game...

It would use both Nunchuk and Wii-mote and songs....just think Guitar hero but w/ drums...

If Activision puts their minds to it, this could potentially be great

BTW: For the record, Guitar Hero is pretty fun, Im just saying that if Activision could use the Wiii's motion for drums..

weazur
That would be stupid. Just shutup before you hurt yourself.
Avatar image for Sworddragonbane
Sworddragonbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Sworddragonbane
Member since 2006 • 45 Posts
How about guitar hero but you can choose if you want to play the guitar part or drumming or bass.
xboxshenron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#57 xboxshenron
Member since 2005 • 194 Posts
i just really dont think Guitar hero will work as well on the Wii as it will one PS3 or 360
weaker graphics and the possibility of no online play?
no thanks
clownofpoetry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58 clownofpoetry
Member since 2004 • 501 Posts
GIve them both to us along side Online Play. Now that would be great.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#59 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

I think there would be problems with the speed of your drumming. The game wouldn't be fun if you wouldn't be able to drum fast, and I think the sense might have some problems keeping up with very fast movements.Litchie

That's a decent point... I mean if they're talking about all these sweaty-palmed fatties losing their grip on the Wiimote and all that, and some people out there thinking this is some sort of exercise plan, one would think that the majority of people wouldn't be able to do something as intensive as performing "Bonzo's Montreaux".

I think the Wii's controls would lend itself well to the format, but drumming is a very vigorous activity that definitely requires quite a bit of arm strength.

reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#60 reggie186
Member since 2004 • 3910 Posts
I want BOTH.
lzorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 lzorro
Member since 2006 • 7395 Posts
You read my mind.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
I want it cause i'll probably be better at it than real drums :D
jay_Z_100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 jay_Z_100
Member since 2003 • 590 Posts

Being a drummer, I wouldn't enjoy Drum Hero for many reasons;
first being the fact that there would be to drum pedals, although this can be easily solved there's still the;
second problem I'd have with a game like this: the Wii-motes themselves being the drumsticks. Now, I know that the whole thrill of drumming stemmed from the Wii-motes, but comparing holding drumsticks and the Wii-motes is completly impossible, since, while holding a drumstick and hitting something, you get rebound, an essential part of drumming. Also, holding a real drumstick in matched grip with proper technique cannot be emulated with the Wii-motes.
All in all, I don't like the idea of Drum Hero.
Hoi-Yant

A drum hero game on Wii isn't ment to make you a drummer, it's ment to give you the feeling of being able to play the drums just like guitar hero did. And any professional guitar player would have told you that you can't really compare a real guitar to guitar hero, but they found a way to make it fun.

You probably wouldn't like the idea of a Drum hero game because you're a drummer, but for the general public it only needs the illusion of being able to drum like the dancing games in Rayman raving rabbids. They only required you to drum to the beat of the music but after you complete a harder level you feel like you're a drummer.

T3H_1337_N1NJ4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 T3H_1337_N1NJ4
Member since 2005 • 2225 Posts
first being the fact that there would be to drum pedals, although this can be easily solved there's still the;
second problem I'd have with a game like this: the Wii-motes themselves being the drumsticks. Now, I know that the whole thrill of drumming stemmed from the Wii-motes, but comparing holding drumsticks and the Wii-motes is completly impossible, since, while holding a drumstick and hitting something, you get rebound, an essential part of drumming. Also, holding a real drumstick in matched grip with proper technique cannot be emulated with the Wii-motes.
Hoi-Yant
You obviously never played real golf, or real tennis, or real bowling... Because I can guarantee you that you don't hold the Wiimote like a bowling ball, and that you don't feel the weight of the bowling ball, like you would in real life, but the truth is... Who cares? Aren't we all having fun with wii sports? So why is it, that the fact that's impossible to hold a Wiimote the same way you old a drum stick will impossiblitate the game? Honestly, try to make sense...
spidey008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#65 spidey008
Member since 2002 • 2309 Posts
Yes for Drum hero.  That would be awesome.
Kazilgrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Kazilgrom
Member since 2005 • 512 Posts
yea and how would you use the bass drum?
OddballTECH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#67 OddballTECH
Member since 2005 • 7902 Posts
I'm pretty sure they are already in the process of making a drum game.  I think its by the makers of Taiko Drum Master, but I can't remember the name.
Firelore29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Firelore29
Member since 2007 • 4158 Posts

Why would it be guaranteed to be wireless because of the Wiimote? Both 360 and PS3 have wireless controllers too, I fail to see what makes the Wiimote so special. All 3 systems have bluetooth controllers. If the 360 and PS3 versions were wired, I'm sure the Wii version will be as well.xxxxrefusedxxxx

Unless you have forgotten the Wii has the ability to attach accessories to the Wiimote.  Go buy a classic controller if your unsure how that works.  The PS3 and 360 don't have that ability.  It would probalby cost them less to attach the guitar to the Wiimote then make a long cable that would go all the way back to the Wii.  Mark my words the Guitar WILL be wireless (semi-wireless).

ryustruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ryustruck
Member since 2005 • 3016 Posts
[QUOTE="xxxxrefusedxxxx"]

Why would it be guaranteed to be wireless because of the Wiimote? Both 360 and PS3 have wireless controllers too, I fail to see what makes the Wiimote so special. All 3 systems have bluetooth controllers. If the 360 and PS3 versions were wired, I'm sure the Wii version will be as well.Firelore29

Unless you have forgotten the Wii has the ability to attach accessories to the Wiimote.  Go buy a classic controller if your unsure how that works.  The PS3 and 360 don't have that ability.  It would probalby cost them less to attach the guitar to the Wiimote then make a long cable that would go all the way back to the Wii.  Mark my words the Guitar WILL be wireless (semi-wireless).

actually, it doesnt have to be wired at all, the guitar could just have a jack on it, and the wiimote would stick out at the end or something, kinda like the strap connectors on the first 2 games SG guitars. imo it wouldnt be a bad idea, itd make it completely wireless, itd make it easier for star power if it just used the remote instead of the sometimes glitchy sensor inside the guitar, and as long as they made the jack extremely strong, i wouldnt mind doing that at all. Cause i dance like a crazy mother****er with my red flying V.

FLSTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 FLSTS
Member since 2007 • 2432 Posts

So, there's been a recent report that Wii could get Guitar hero....but my complaint is that I think it would be cooler to have a Drum simulation game...

It would use both Nunchuk and Wii-mote and songs....just think Guitar hero but w/ drums...

If Activision puts their minds to it, this could potentially be great

BTW: For the record, Guitar Hero is pretty fun, Im just saying that if Activision could use the Wiii's motion for drums..

weazur
That would be cool because of the wii functions and I am a drummer in our school band. I TOTALLY AGREE!
azad-g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 azad-g
Member since 2005 • 238 Posts

I think you should get a free wiimote with it then you use 2 wii motes to drum instead of the nunchak

but i also want BAND hero Lol you can have a whole band in ur house like 1 is a guitarist 1 is a drummer and the other can be a singer and the other can be a guitarist iswell(game will cost like 70 pounds due to a microphone guitar and wii mote and game)

dieasgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72 dieasgrey
Member since 2005 • 676 Posts

Hoi-Yant
So ..it would be about as accurate to drumming as guitar hero is to playing guitar. drum hero would be badass.
sn1p3rx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 sn1p3rx
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Good idea, though if they ever did it, i doubt it would be properly executed.
ryustruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 ryustruck
Member since 2005 • 3016 Posts

Guitar Hero is guitar hero. I pray to god that Neversoft doesnt do spin off games with other instruments. I feel like the franchise has sold out ever since it went multiplatform. I really dont feel like having one of my favorite games ever tarnished because a developer feels like making more money.  leave drumming to Taiko Drum Master please kthx

Crisis_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#75 Crisis_Eye
Member since 2006 • 1554 Posts
It would be good, but drumming is vey hard and fast, the Wii wouldn't be able to keep up with the speed of the controller going up n down continously. Great Idea though.
DrPepper1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 DrPepper1998
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts
 Well, Nintendo's done it before.
SlysApprentice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 SlysApprentice
Member since 2005 • 2193 Posts
Nah, but if they made Wii guitar hero with a regular guitar controller, they could have drumming career with two wiimotes as well! Also, just think of how cool the co-op would be! No more fighting over who gets bass!
weazur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 weazur
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts
[QUOTE="DrPepper1998"] Well, Nintendo's done it before.

Ah there that is, thanks for putting it up....I highly recommend that movie because that's really close to what I want Drum Hero to be..
Kazilgrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Kazilgrom

I think you should get a free wiimote with it then you use 2 wii motes to drum instead of the nunchak

but i also want BAND hero Lol you can have a whole band in ur house like 1 is a guitarist 1 is a drummer and the other can be a singer and the other can be a guitarist iswell(game will cost like 70 pounds due to a microphone guitar and wii mote and game)

azad-g
what about the bassist?? I WANT BASS HERO!!!
Crisis_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#80 Crisis_Eye
Member since 2006 • 1554 Posts
[QUOTE="azad-g"]

Kazilgrom

Well, in guitar hero 2 has guitars and bass's you could play, so there ya go.
skixwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 skixwolf
Member since 2004 • 4013 Posts
drum hero should be made for the wii
Kazilgrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Kazilgrom
[QUOTE="Kazilgrom"][QUOTE="azad-g"]

Crisis_Eye

Well, in guitar hero 2 has guitars and bass's you could play, so there ya go.

thanks for the info I hope they do that in this version too
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11938 Posts
how about flute hero?
p1mptazt1k

Forum Posts