Report: Chinese Kids Were Used to Manufacture the Wii U

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#51 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Why is Nintendo being singled out?...thought MS/Sony/Apple also use Foxconn?...

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#52 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Why is Nintendo being singled out?...thought MS/Sony/Apple also use Foxconn?...

superbuuman
Because everyone seems to enjoy attacking Nintendo, even Media sites. If you watch GS's video on this on Youtube, the way it's read out even sounds like they think Nintendo are 100% to blame for it.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

Eh, over half of everything I own was made by cheap, Chinese labor.

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts

Nintendo is doing something about it.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444734804578066132941461720.html

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#56 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

I just read this article today and quickly went to Game to cancel my pre-order.

I find this unacceptable having 14 year old's made to put a console together just so I can play games.I have done the correct thing by canceling this in my own opinion. I think you guys need to have a look at this at least..

http://kotaku.com/5952422/report-chinese-kids-were-used-to-manufacture-the-wii-u

bronze_earth

Foxconn did it, whether Nintendo had knowledge of it is still the issue at large. But hey, your shoes and clothes that you're wearing are probaly stitched by some kid in China anyways... so your ethical stand, albeit respectable, could be applied to many things you own.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#57 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Nintendo is doing something about it.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444734804578066132941461720.html

Meinhard1

You do know that investigating isn't actually doing something about it right?

That's like if someone's being mugged and you look at them, you're not doing anything.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#58 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

lol everything in america is made in china,

and you believe they dont have kids making them ya better start wondering ,

because that could actually be possible,

from your shoes to condoms to controllers for your tv to tvs themselves ps3s psps psvitas xboxs pc cabinets , keyboards gamecartridges they go hand and hand and you know why most of them break in 6 months or less -my mouses never last me more then 2 yrs for some reason and they all have one thing in common-made in china!

although i must say japan aint that much better - cars especally , --my toyota broke a axle at 65 k miles and caused me to roll over in a accident ,

im not a proud owner of that piece of junk let me tell you if it aint made in the usa its bad

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#59 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

im not a proud owner of that piece of junk let me tell you if it aint made in the usa its bad

mariokart64fan

The Wii U isn't made in the USA, so you think that's bad?

DoctorWho88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 DoctorWho88
Member since 2011 • 214 Posts

I'm a Chinese 13-year old kid living in England ... whew, that was a close one, I would have been making them instead of playing them had luck not gone my way

Sir_Torrigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#61 Sir_Torrigan
Member since 2010 • 98 Posts

The sad reality is that is is by no means uncommon. Nearly everything electronic is made through unfair labour. But if boycott is the answer, the only reasonable option left for me is to burn all my clothes, throw away all my electronics and live in the bush hunting, foraging and defacating in the river.

blueydwlf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 blueydwlf
Member since 2007 • 385 Posts

[QUOTE="bronze_earth"]

I just read this article today and quickly went to Game to cancel my pre-order.

I find this unacceptable having 14 year old's made to put a console together just so I can play games.I have done the correct thing by canceling this in my own opinion.

Sepewrath

Oh please, get off the soap box. There is a high probability that the computer or phone you used to post that message was made with child labor. That's just the way of the world, companies outside of the western world will do things like that, if your so overly concerned about that, don't use any products not 100% manufactured in America. Not condoning it or saying its right, but the real reality is, your just never going to know; you cant sit back and support it by playing ignorant, then have a knee jerk response when you hear a company is using a different company, that was reported to use child labor. Unless you never use another product manufactured from outside America, your a hypocrite.

Agreed!

jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 jeffster85
Member since 2010 • 2286 Posts

The sad reality is that is is by no means uncommon. Nearly everything electronic is made through unfair labour. But if boycott is the answer, the only reasonable option left for me is to burn all my clothes, throw away all my electronics and live in the bush hunting, foraging and defacating in the river.

Sir_Torrigan
that river was made by chinese immigrants. better stay out of it. and the bush? imported from china.
DoctorWho88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 DoctorWho88
Member since 2011 • 214 Posts
[QUOTE="Sir_Torrigan"]

jeffster85
that river was made by chinese immigrants. better stay out of it. and the bush? imported from china.

ROFL :D
Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

i don't see the problem. isn't that the reason china exists? [spoiler] obvious joke... [/spoiler] ChikaraShref

that is correct

that is correct