PSA: Bravely Default's dreaded last chapters. NO SPOILERS :)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Hey everyone, i just got beat Bravely Default and I'm prepared to give a PSA to you guys. The last few chapters before the Endgame are frustrating (that's a nice term for it). You'll be undergoing a repetitive task that gets really boring really quick. BUT that's OK because that's why I'm here to warn you about it without spoilers. :)

Chapter 5 starts the nonsense which will be the bane of enjoyment you have. But once you reach Ch 6, I definitely recommend you turn the difficulty to easy (or use a cheating ninja squad) to breeze through the tediousness which ends after chapter 8. There's only a single sidequest that rewards a job on ch6, all the rest are for backstory (backstory is worthless at this point imo), assuming you got the Vampire class. So, yeah, there's little story progression in chapters 6-8 anyways so, like I said switch your difficulty to easy and get that story rolling. Then if you're under leveled when you're at the endgame, just hunt down genomes or grind in the Earth Temple.

The reason I say this, is because the true ending of Bravely Default was completely worth switching to easy mode for a few chapters.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 0

#2 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Yeah I heard the pacing near the end is bad... Not sure what I'll do yet. Also are there any missable jobs? I want to collect them all for completion's sake.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

I just grinded outside of florem when I got to chapter 5

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bbkkristian

@turtlethetaffer: you should be doing all the quests as your first priority. If you have then there is only 1 missable job in ch6. There's a bunch of other quests on the map as well (that don't have job rewards), so if you need to find it, just ask or look it up :)

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Thanks for the tip. I'll keep that in mind. I just hope I've gotten all the jobs I can possibly get considering where I am in the game.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bbkkristian

@yokofox33: just heed the suggestion I made to turtle in my previous post and you should have all the jobs no problem :) they are all easy to get because of the blue markers on the map, the only two that are difficult are the last two.

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

I finished the game last week; the ending chapters were definitely a huge drag. It's not so bad the first time you do it in chapter 5. Afterwards, the game just goes downhill until the very very end. I also set it to easy mode just to get through it as quick as possible.

As mentioned by TC, do NOT bother doing any of the side quests that appear in Chapters 5/6/7/8. There's one new job you get in Chapter 6 and the Vampire castle side quest if you haven't done it earlier (it's pretty challenging if you try it immediately when it's available late chapter 4 so it wouldn't hurt to wait until maybe Ch. 5/6).

But seriously, the whole concept behind those later chapters is a complete joke.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bbkkristian

@moltenix: yeah, luckily the ending was worth it imo. Especially the secret video at the end.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#9  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@bbkkristian: Cool thanks. I always do side quests, I'm pretty sure I'm up date on all of them for the point in the game I'm at.