Poll. Has Nintendo been simplifying key franchises?

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

g_moujaes_2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 g_moujaes_2000
Member since 2003 • 39 Posts

I've been noticing it and started to see others making the same complaint.

As of this year, I bought an Xbox 360 alongside my Wii because Nintendo's 1st party games have been unsatisfactory, since the Gamecube, in terms of overall gaming experience.

What do you think?

Have games like Twilight Princess or Wind Waker been less gratifying experiences than, say past Zelda games?

Have recent Mario games (Galaxy, Sunshine, New Mario Bros.) been less challenging or deep than past Mario games?

Have recent Mario Kart games (Double Dash, MK Wii) been oversimplified/dumbed compared to the N64 experience?

Let's hear it from honest fans.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
Well,Phantom Hourglass was oversimplified,but I wouldn't say all their franchise have been.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
Go complete the "Luigi's purple coins" mission in super mario galaxy and tell me that mario platformers have been dumbed down. I dare you.
Picklechugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Picklechugger
Member since 2004 • 1465 Posts
No.
webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts
I agree that some of their games have gotten more simple but the only OVERLY simplified game i can think of 4 the Wii was Metroid Prime 3 Corruption they took all the difficulty out of that game. The rest are simplifed but in away that everyone can enjoy.
g_moujaes_2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 g_moujaes_2000
you can't possibly tell me you enjoyed Twilight Princess as much as the N64 Zeldas?
Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Well the puzzles in Twilight Princess seemed fair. Phantom Hourglass was a bit on the easy side. Comparing Mario Galaxy to Super Mario 64, I would have to say that Mario Galaxy is a lot more simpler. New Super Mario Bros. didn't feel as inspired as the old Super Mario Bros games. Mario Kart Wii seems extremly simplified in that whoever wins seems like a role of the dice now.

I'd like to mention Metroid Prime 3 but I haven't played any of the other metroid games (plus I haven't beaten it yet anyways) so I can't.

BrooklynHotBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BrooklynHotBoy
Member since 2003 • 818 Posts

lmao the only hardcore games nintendo had were zelda and metroid franchises.

zelda has become way too redundant and metroid prime has just come into existence but mp3 was way too easy. still a great game though.

would love to see what nintendo has up their sleeves for future zelda and metroid titles. hope they dont retrace steps and dow nthe same old same old. its making me hate them slowly but surely.

nintendo just really has gotten out of touch with modern gaming and ways to attract modern gamers. seeing as they failed in that market they go for non-gamers which is why everything is so oversimplified. and that doesnt work well for me because i am a truly complex person.

ECG_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ECG_24
Member since 2008 • 1653 Posts
Nintendo is not oversimplifying it's games, but if you look at all games today there's no argument that they are easier than earlier generations.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#11 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Nintendo games: too easy.
-Sphere-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 -Sphere-
Member since 2008 • 1063 Posts
Go complete the "Luigi's purple coins" mission in super mario galaxy and tell me that mario platformers have been dumbed down. I dare you.Shinobishyguy
I dare you to use more than one mission to try to prove a point.
Homeboy609

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 Homeboy609
Member since 2003 • 83 Posts
I don't think they're that simplified. We just Naturally know what to do in Nintendo games. Can you tell me the differences from Mario Kart Wii and Mario kart 64?
g_moujaes_2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 g_moujaes_2000

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]Go complete the "Luigi's purple coins" mission in super mario galaxy and tell me that mario platformers have been dumbed down. I dare you.-Sphere-

lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#16 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I think Super Mario Sunshine was actually a pretty good game, but I think Galaxy was meh, what I played of that anyway. The new Zeldas havent been any less satisfying than the ones before it, the new Metroids are just as good as the older ones, the new Pokemon are just as good as the previous ones...Mario Kart DS is the best Mario Kart game I have ever played, and Mario kart Wii allows for 12 people to play at once so it must not be that bad.

So...no, I wouldn't necessarily say that, it's a mixed bag.

g_moujaes_2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 g_moujaes_2000

i feel like mario kart wii looks and feels much more childish. childish, no other word for it. (coming from a 19 yr old, i dnt know how old u are).

take two levels.. Toad's Raceway from N64 and .. that Daisy track from Wii. (sidenote: havent bought, but played/tried/seen pics from the Wii version)

in terms of gameplay.. the N64 track (toads raceway) seems far more unapologetic in terms of your control/driving skills. this is not a real driving game, but the charm of the n64 toad track was that it looked like it wanted to be realistic but not to the point that it was realism, hence it being humorous or charming.

back to controls. the wii kart controls are sluggish and too simple with wiimote, when, even with the wiimote they shudnt have felt simple. furthermore, ive been hearing people complain about Wii kart being too based on items/random factor than actual control skills

et voila.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]Go complete the "Luigi's purple coins" mission in super mario galaxy and tell me that mario platformers have been dumbed down. I dare you.-Sphere-

Any of the trial greenstar galaxys, bowser's dark matter reactor, dreadnought's purple coins.

There's quite a handfull of missions in mario galaxy that were tough

CHAtotheRLES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CHAtotheRLES
Member since 2008 • 79 Posts

Go complete the "Luigi's purple coins" mission in super mario galaxy and tell me that mario platformers have been dumbed down. I dare you.Shinobishyguy

I did it :D

pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 pjacobson21
Member since 2007 • 1093 Posts
I can see your point that sunshine may have been dumbed down a little compared to SM64, but even that had its hard levels. Galaxy is so much more hardcore than 64 IMO. And Zelda games are just as hardcore as they used to be, just look at all the sidequests in Wind Waker. And Mario Kart? I seriously hope you were kidding because Mario Kart 64 had four cups which were all alvailable after played for maybe 45 minutes and all the characters were unlocked. Don't try to tell me that Mario Kart 64 had more depth that Mario Kart Wii. Don't even try to tell me that.
g_moujaes_2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 g_moujaes_2000

i wanted to say mainly that Kart 64 had more depth and *difficulty* than Double Dash because I had only tried the Wii version.

i just think that, although there were little to no unlockables in 64 (i think), it had more lasting appeal, or at least seemed like it did. again, compared to more recent kart experiences, not just exclusively the wii version.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#22 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

i just beat mp3. it was slightly more shooter centric than past games, but i guess you could say the series was moving in that direction anyway if you look at the jump from mp to mp2.

but the difficulty was definitely toned down. i went in to the final battle expecting something insanely hard like in prior mp games (mp2 in particular). instead, it just got easier as the bosses came. i beat the last form in a couple minutes. it is odd to see the series ramp up in difficulty from 1 to 2, and then fall way down once it hits a more casual console like the wii.

i also noticed that the story was much more "tell" than "figure out". i was a little disappointed in that. it felt much more immersing to just land on the planet and figure everything out by scanning around. it feels out of line with the immersing gameplay theme retro was implementing everywhere else in the game.

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

i feel like mario kart wii looks and feels much more childish. childish, no other word for it. (coming from a 19 yr old, i dnt know how old u are).

take two levels.. Toad's Raceway from N64 and .. that Daisy track from Wii. (sidenote: havent bought, but played/tried/seen pics from the Wii version)

in terms of gameplay.. the N64 track (toads raceway) seems far more unapologetic in terms of your control/driving skills. this is not a real driving game, but the charm of the n64 toad track was that it looked like it wanted to be realistic but not to the point that it was realism, hence it being humorous or charming.

back to controls. the wii kart controls are sluggish and too simple with wiimote, when, even with the wiimote they shudnt have felt simple. furthermore, ive been hearing people complain about Wii kart being too based on items/random factor than actual control skills

et voila.

g_moujaes_2000

1.) if you dont want the game to be realistic then use a gamecube controller.

2.) The wii mote works perfectly i have no clue what you are talking about it being to simple. Moving an analog stick is easier than then motion controls.

3.) Mario kart is about items/luck get used to it!

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#24 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
No. All of Nintendo's games have always been simple enough for the average person to play, yet appealing to a "hardcore" fanbase.

Super Mario Galaxy -- accessable to the average player yet also the "hardcore" gamer (I hate that word..)
SSBB -- Same thing
Zelda -- Same thing
Super Paper Mario -- Same thing

The only series that doesn't do this is probably Metroid.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#25 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

That took me two tries...

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Minishdriveby

[QUOTE="-Sphere-"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]Go complete the "Luigi's purple coins" mission in super mario galaxy and tell me that mario platformers have been dumbed down. I dare you.Shinobishyguy

Any of the trial greenstar galaxys, bowser's dark matter reactor, dreadnought's purple coins.

dreadnaught's was the hardest mission in that game everyother mission was very very very easy. Espcially the dark matter reactor.

Picklechugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Picklechugger
[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

[QUOTE="-Sphere-"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]Go complete the "Luigi's purple coins" mission in super mario galaxy and tell me that mario platformers have been dumbed down. I dare you.Minishdriveby

dreadnaught's was the hardest mission in that game everyother mission was very very very easy. Espcially the dark matter reactor.

Yea we get it, you want everyone to know that you're a super amazing gamer. In the end is Galaxy any easier than the nes mario games? I don't think so. Nintendo never wanted the games to be maddeningly difficult. They wanted the games to give the player a challenge, but not a huge one.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Minishdriveby
[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

[QUOTE="-Sphere-"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]Go complete the "Luigi's purple coins" mission in super mario galaxy and tell me that mario platformers have been dumbed down. I dare you.Picklechugger

Yea we get it, you want everyone to know that you're a super amazing gamer. In the end is Galaxy any easier than the nes mario games? I don't think so. Nintendo never wanted the games to be maddeningly difficult. They wanted the games to give the player a challenge, but not a huge one.

No I'm just saying he shouldn't make his point with those. Really The Series are getting easier.

MP3- Pretty much holds you hand and gives you a straight line to the bosses, plus they tell you where all the tanks and missiles are.

Mario kart Wii- I remember getting very frustrated trying to beat all the cups in MK DD but mario kart wii I've been able to easily get 1 star or more.

I'm not saying that they lost there fun cause they're very fun MK wii is a lot better than DD but they are getting simplified.

AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts

you can't possibly tell me you enjoyed Twilight Princess as much as the N64 Zeldas?g_moujaes_2000

I did. I've played it twice and never noticed it being any simpler than another other 3D Zelda. Phantom Hourglass was definately simplified although that didn't make it any less fun.

Picklechugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Picklechugger
[QUOTE="Picklechugger"][QUOTE="Minishdriveby"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

[QUOTE="-Sphere-"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]Go complete the "Luigi's purple coins" mission in super mario galaxy and tell me that mario platformers have been dumbed down. I dare you.Minishdriveby

No I'm just saying he shouldn't make his point with those. Really The Series are getting easier.

MP3- Pretty much holds you hand and gives you a straight line to the bosses, plus they tell you where all the tanks and missiles are.

Mario kart Wii- I remember getting very frustrated trying to beat all the cups in MK DD but mario kart wii I've been able to easily get 1 star or more.

I'm not saying that they lost there fun cause they're very fun MK wii is a lot better than DD but they are getting simplified.

Weren't we talking about the Super Mario series? Let's not change the subject now buddy...

Like I said, he had every right to point out those challenges. They were some of the most difficult in Galaxy, and that difficulty is about equal with the difficulty from the past Super Mario games (we're not going to talk about the Lost Levels, that's a different story).

I can't say anything for MP3 because I haven't played any of those. For Mario Kart, though. Maybe you hit puberty after you were done playing MK DD and now you're suddenly able to play standard difficulty videogames. Just a thought.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Minishdriveby
[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"][QUOTE="Picklechugger"][QUOTE="Minishdriveby"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

[QUOTE="-Sphere-"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]Go complete the "Luigi's purple coins" mission in super mario galaxy and tell me that mario platformers have been dumbed down. I dare you.Picklechugger

Weren't we talking about the Super Mario series? Let's not change the subject now buddy...

Like I said, he had every right to point out those challenges. They were some of the most difficult in Galaxy, and that difficulty is about equal with the difficulty from the past Super Mario games (we're not going to talk about the Lost Levels, that's a different story).

I can't say anything for MP3 because I haven't played any of those. For Mario Kart, though. Maybe you hit puberty after you were done playing MK DD and now you're suddenly able to play standard difficulty videogames. Just a thought.

okay if you want to talk about Mario then yes, the game and series as always been easy, but galaxy would have to be the easiest.

Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]Go complete the "Luigi's purple coins" mission in super mario galaxy and tell me that mario platformers have been dumbed down. I dare you.Minishdriveby

That took me 1 try with both Mario and Luigi 8)

And to to the question, I have to say yes. The Wii has simplified all the games, so casual gamers can pick them, but this doesn't mean that they are easier now. Simple is not the same as easy. So, is that such a bad thing?

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Minishdriveby
[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]Go complete the "Luigi's purple coins" mission in super mario galaxy and tell me that mario platformers have been dumbed down. I dare you.Thiago26792

And to to the question, I have to say yes. The Wii has simplified all the games, so casual gamers can pick them, but this doesn't mean that they are easier now. Simple is not the same as easy. So, is that such a bad thing?

:o I think we have our winner

ECG_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ECG_24
Member since 2008 • 1653 Posts
Wow, the poll results are really close.
felix19194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#36 felix19194
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts
some yea some no...... But wat really **** me up is that if wii games are getting graphically downgraded I at least expect some kind of improvement in the gameplay due to motion sensor and also the length of games ocz if you are going to spend 40 buck on a crappy graphical short game (CGSG) then you might as well buy an xbox or a PS3 and thell the nintendo characters to go **** theirselves....
raptures330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 raptures330
Member since 2003 • 479 Posts

Ever new instalment you play in any of the franchises has the benefit of previous experience.

I didnt need to relearn any of the "core" Smash Bros chars and already remember the basics. I didnt have to relearn to drag speed boost for Mario Kart Wii (and half the game is "Best Of" levels). Play super mario 3 again and you will notice how...not hard it is. But it sure felt it then (those fire levels with the cannons...). And if we take the frightening amount of time we all spend playing these games it is only natural that we find what comes next easier.

The games wouldnt be half as easy and simple if there werent so many guides and walkthroughs available too. I know it will probably insult some of you to the core that I even hint that you use guides... but gamefaqs is popular... somehow. A Link To The Past is not very complex (and i love it) and Twilight Princess stays at that level.

Galaxies is huge compared to earlier mario's and imo a worthy successor to m64 and sunshine. My nephew does not find it as easy as I did, but this isnt his umpteenth mario adventure either.

Only thing I would find to "simplify" that they do is they make it harder for you to get frustrated since you cant completley lose in most games now a days anyway (save games ftw? infinite lives? unpenalized retries?). This last aspect is everywhere in gaming though, not just nintendo does it.

So, no. My grain of sand.

felix19194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 felix19194

Ever new instalment you play in any of the franchises has the benefit of previous experience.

I didnt need to relearn any of the "core" Smash Bros chars and already remember the basics. I didnt have to relearn to drag speed boost for Mario Kart Wii (and half the game is "Best Of" levels). Play super mario 3 again and you will notice how...not hard it is. But it sure felt it then (those fire levels with the cannons...). And if we take the frightening amount of time we all spend playing these games it is only natural that we find what comes next easier.

The games wouldnt be half as easy and simple if there werent so many guides and walkthroughs available too. I know it will probably insult some of you to the core that I even hint that you use guides... but gamefaqs is popular... somehow. A Link To The Past is not very complex (and i love it) and Twilight Princess stays at that level.

Galaxies is huge compared to earlier mario's and imo a worthy successor to m64 and sunshine. My nephew does not find it as easy as I did, but this isnt his umpteenth mario adventure either.

Only thing I would find to "simplify" that they do is they make it harder for you to get frustrated since you cant completley lose in most games now a days anyway (save games ftw? infinite lives? unpenalized retries?). This last aspect is everywhere in gaming though, not just nintendo does it.

So, no. My grain of sand.

raptures330

I agree with you... the more you play the easier games get but not always this is the case... sometimes games are just made easier... and this is really annoying.... and guides and walkthroughs are only for people that arent smart enough to figure thhings out for themselves... Games like mario galaxy are very like it predecessors MArio 64 and Mario Sunshine but as you said.... its got plenty more levels and more innovative things... perhaps your nephew didnt find it so easy coz he hadnt played mario 64 or mario sunshine...

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

That was actually not that hard once I figured out there were more than 100 coins. :P

stkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 stkr
Member since 2006 • 6118 Posts
[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]Go complete the "Luigi's purple coins" mission in super mario galaxy and tell me that mario platformers have been dumbed down. I dare you.Thiago26792

Exactly.

g_moujaes_2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 g_moujaes_2000

no matter what anyone has to say about "games getting easier with time and experience/and age".. (which I somewhat agree with) -- I still go back to Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask versus Twilight Princess gameplay to state my case.

i don't think gaming experience would have made any difference whatsoever. Whether I play OoT now or whether I played it 7 years ago, I still think that it would present significantly more challenge and exploration depth than Twilight Princess.

I read somewhere someone posting on threads that Hyrule of TP was a very 'vast' and pretty looking Hyrule, but also very 'empty' at the same time. Same goes to the level design of Kakariko Village. In OoT, it was simply more 'complexe' more concentrated in terms of exploration than Kakariko of TP, even though the latter had arguably more breadth.

If I gave myself the time, I could think of other level designs in TP that are more 'simplified' or shallower than past Zelda games.

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

Have recent Mario games (Galaxy, Sunshine, New Mario Bros.) been less challenging or deep than past Mario games?

Have recent Mario Kart games (Double Dash, MK Wii) been oversimplified/dumbed compared to the N64 experience?

Let's hear it from honest fans.

g_moujaes_2000

Well its not that Galaxy and Sunshine are not challenging its there challenging in different ways, what if it was like the NES Mario games where if you lost all your lives you have to start from the beginning or like the SNES Mario game where you had to do the whole world over. As for the N64 it was a pain to find the area that you need to go to to get a star with a brocken camera and a bunch of pictures you cant jump through confussing some people (of course this is just what I think, others might think different).

As for recent Mario Kart games I would agree, you can go from 1 to 6 just by getting hit with one item plus getting items is way more about luck now then in other Mario Kart games (N64 for example).

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts
All games are easy now
brettneo3012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 brettneo3012
Member since 2003 • 526 Posts
No, because you grew up with them. We're used to the same formula the Nintendo has put together for all these games. We know what to expect because we played M64 now Galaxy. We just know, and we're also more skilled. So it's not that there dumb downed, there just easier because we're more skilled.
stkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 stkr
Member since 2006 • 6118 Posts
I cannot believe how close this poll is :lol:.
dmil1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 dmil1991
Member since 2007 • 1016 Posts

Simplifying? No. Regardless of what anyone says, I think Twilight Princess was just as complex as Ocarina of Time or A Link to the Past. It's just that now we know what to expect. Same goes for Super Mario Galaxy; it's just as complex as Super Mario 64. Was it easier to complete? Yes, but that doesn't make it simpler. You want simple? Look no further than the original Super Mario Bros. That game is exceedingly simple, but I hear no complaints. That game was great!

Simplicity should not be confused with a game's difficulty. Even Super Mario Bros 3 (which arguably has the most complex level design of any platformer) still has a very simple concept: get to the end of the level and then the world and then beat Bowser to save Peach. That's it! The entire concept! However, that game's difficulty is through the roof.

Nintendo hasn't simplified core franchises: it's made sequels, and sequels almost always contain the same concept as the original. It's unescapable (except for Super Mario Bros 2 USA, which is a whole other story). Sequels are well and good, and don't forget that. Did we look forward to Super Smash Bros Brawl? Yes. Is the core gameplay any different from the N64 original? No. Do we care? Hell no!

The best games are usually the simplest. Don't forget that.

g_moujaes_2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 g_moujaes_2000

I cannot believe how close this poll is :lol:.stkr

i wonder what these numbers say about nintendo fans. i mean it just goes to show how heterogeneous/split people's reactions are to nintendo's key franchises..

it also means that nintendo has nothing to lose if it kept releasing its games the way it does now (slightly easier, slightly simpler) or whether it made them more difficult.

what are the stakes at hand?

Stevendawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Stevendawg
Member since 2006 • 500 Posts
50/50 flat
felix19194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 felix19194

no matter what anyone has to say about "games getting easier with time and experience/and age".. (which I somewhat agree with) -- I still go back to Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask versus Twilight Princess gameplay to state my case.

i don't think gaming experience would have made any difference whatsoever. Whether I play OoT now or whether I played it 7 years ago, I still think that it would present significantly more challenge and exploration depth than Twilight Princess.

I read somewhere someone posting on threads that Hyrule of TP was a very 'vast' and pretty looking Hyrule, but also very 'empty' at the same time. Same goes to the level design of Kakariko Village. In OoT, it was simply more 'complexe' more concentrated in terms of exploration than Kakariko of TP, even though the latter had arguably more breadth.

If I gave myself the time, I could think of other level designs in TP that are more 'simplified' or shallower than past Zelda games.

g_moujaes_2000

and seriously dude... you dont think that this is a downgrade...???!!! for crissakes you just said it... and again I agree with you ppl that have played all mario adventure games find the latest one far more easy... but when you compare OoT and TP of course OoT has more city depth and s**t but TP has other factors that favor it like the motion sensor they took depth out just to add other type of content..