Official Conduit thread - 7.4 avg. (6.5 @ GS, 8.6 @ IGN)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 0

#1 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

In the interest of general Wii forum cohesiveness, I've decided that there is enough cause to create an official discussion thread for The Conduit. I don't like this option, but there have been one too many topics made saying pretty much the same things as before and one too many arguments over the same issues as before. As a result, I think it's in the best interest of the community to keep it confined to a single thread - this will allow news, discussions, and arguments to all be condensed in one area where, hopefully, there will be much less repetition. And, hopefully this will also cut into the amount of negativity that has been seen throughout the forum, since disagreements over The Conduit seem to be a major source of such feelings.

From this point on until this thread is unstickied, any threads about The Conduit will be locked, and any discussion of The Conduit outside this thread will be removed (and any attempts to hijack or divert a thread onto The Conduit will be moderated accordingly). I hate to do this, but I really think it's the best option in the interest of the community, both in terms of consolidating discussion on The Conduit and in terms of keeping tempers contained to a defined space. I hope you understand.

As a final note, please note that, despite this thread being inspired in part by the heated arguments that The Conduit tends to flare up, this is not a license to troll or flame others in this thread. Keep discussion civil. You can disagree without being disagreeable. Keep talk strictly to the game, not to the people discussing it.

So, with that out of the way...

Genre: First-person shooter
Developer: High Voltage Software
Publisher: Sega
Release Date: June 23, 2009 (North America); June 26, 2009 (UK, Australia)

Description from publisher's website:

After a full-scale alien attack on Washington D.C., suspicions arise as to the involvement of
the U.S. government. Armed with sci-fi gadgets and high-powered weapons, players will
battle aliens, rogue agents and enemy forces as a former secret service agent codenamed
"Mr. Ford."

Built exclusively for Wii™, The Conduit™ pushes the boundaries of the platform from
incredible award-winning graphics to robust controls that are customizable on-the-fly. This
action-packed, first-person shooter from the creators at High Voltage Software also supports
the Wii Speak peripheral.

Features:

• Conspiracy-driven Action - Dive into an engaging story set in modern day Washington D.C. involving secret agents, invading aliens, and centuries-old government cover-up conspiracies.

• Wii specific Controls - Robust calibration and controls customization built from the ground up for the Wii allow you to tailor the game to your preferred styIe.

• Intense Online Multiplayer - Grab your friends and join up online to battle in a variety of multiplayer modes.

• Ruthless Enemies - Vast numbers of incredibly realistic AI enemies react to player's moves by taking cover and utilizing elements in the environment to their advantage.

• Highly Detailed Visuals - The award winning graphics feature dynamic environment mapping, interactive water with real-time reflection and four-stage texture composition that includes gloss, diffuse and bump-mapping.

• Award Winning Development - IGN Best Shooter Game of E3 2008 (Wii), IGN Best Graphics Technology of E3 2008 (Wii), IGN Best Overall Wii Game of E3 2008, and GameTrailers.com Best Wii Game of E3 2008.

• Peripherals - Supports Nintendo's new Wii Speak peripheral during multiplayer matches.

Reviews:

1UP - C+
CCC - 3.9/5
GameDaily - 7.0/10
GamePro - 3.5/5
GameSpot - 6.5/10
GameSpy - 3.5/5
Games Radar - 8.0/10
GameTrailers - 7.8/10
IGN - 8.6/10
Nintendo Power - 8.0/10
Official Nintendo Magazine UK - 76%

Videos:

A look at graphical development (1:27)
Multiplayer gameplay
(2:10)
Single-player gameplay (7:41)
Trailer (1:21)
Trailer 2 (1:24)

Further reading:

Concept & Story (IGN)
Graphics (IGN)

Thread will be updated as reviews or any notable news come in.

Avatar image for freakbabyblues-
freakbabyblues-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 freakbabyblues-
Member since 2009 • 665 Posts
What's so generic and bad about this game again? It looks good if you ask me... How could I have forgotten- FIRST POST!!!!!
FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

Thank you Gabu, I knowyou are going to have more work locking all those Conduit threads in the future. It will be better for this forum though that's for sure.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GabuEx

What's so generic and bad about this game again? It looks good if you ask me...freakbabyblues-

I think the main problem people tend to have with the game is twofold: that its premise seems a little stock (aliens attack Earth, humans must fight back, government conspiracies abound) and that its art direction seems uninspired (that nothing really stands out as stunning in the architecture and environments that have been seen).

Me, I personally am just taking a wait-and-see feel to it. I'm not going to hype it, but I'm not going to start digging its grave either. From my (brief) experience with it at PAX, it seemed like it had potential, but it also seemed like it needed work. It remains to be seen if that necessary work happens by the time it's released. I can only hope that Sega doesn't rush it as they've been known to do with other titles in the past if it's not up to snuff.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
This is good - hopefully it'll improve the forum from clutter and lots of topics about the game.
Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Pices
Member since 2005 • 3910 Posts
Great thread I want to ask you, TC, about what HVS should work on. You mentioned that when you were at the PAX.
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
Well done, oh mighty mod. I for one look forward to this game quite a bit. It won't be an epic masterpiece, but it will prove that a quality FPS is entirely possible on Wii. Let's just hope that doesn't lead to a flood of shooters like the other consoles are plagued with.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#8 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
LMAO! I never thought that The Conduit would go this far into having its own sticky thread That's awesome. I look forward to it :D (but I don't praise it)
canadianloonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 canadianloonie
Member since 2004 • 384 Posts

I got to watch the Conduit interview video over at the Nintendo Channel. I have to say.....DAMN!! The game looks really awesome on a big screen TV! The best looking Wii game I've seen hands down. SEEING IS BELIEVING! ;)

All I'm hoping now is that the single player mode is at least 8-10 hours long. I'm not into online multiplayer, so I'm hoping that the story mode alone is worth getting the game for.

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts
LMAO! I never thought that The Conduit would go this far into having its own sticky thread That's awesome. I look forward to it :D (but I don't praise it)wiifan001
Agreed. This thread proves The Conduit is going big time.
Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
anyone have an undying fear that the conduit will be delayed?
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 psychobrew

[QUOTE="freakbabyblues-"]What's so generic and bad about this game again? It looks good if you ask me...GabuEx

I think the main problem people tend to have with the game is twofold: that its premise seems a little stock (aliens attack Earth, humans must fight back, government conspiracies abound) and that its art direction seems uninspired (that nothing really stands out as stunning in the architecture and environments that have been seen).

Which is crazy -- show me a game story that's not generic. LKS, Dead Space, Crysis, Halo, Killzone, and every other popular game havegeneric stories, which does not mean the games or the stories are bad. Besides that, a good game does not even need a story. Games are for playing and if the game can't stand on its own without a story, it's not worth playing. The art thing is crazy too -- games don't need to look like a cartoon or a colored sketch to look good. Having too artistic of a look can detract from the experience. For the type of game it is, The Conduits art style fits it perfectly and it does look good (besides, there's really not much stunning about DC in itself).

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="wiifan001"]LMAO! I never thought that The Conduit would go this far into having its own sticky thread That's awesome. I look forward to it :D (but I don't praise it)psychobrew

Actually it shows the exact opposite

This thread is taking a cancer away from the rest of the forum, so instead of eating away at the rest of the forum until it dies this thread was made to contain all of the damage to this one thread and let the rest of the forum stay healthy.

As for the game the only thing it relies on is the fact that you can control it with the Wiimote. That novelty wore off sometime in 2007.

For the rest of the experience it's the same thing we've all been doing since the start of last gen.

I'm happy for those who are looking forward to it (that I like lol) but that's where it ends.

TheSmitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 TheSmitto
Member since 2008 • 1898 Posts

Good idea, glad the game got itself a sticky, as I'm tired of all the bashing and defending threads that keep going back and forth around here. Take a look at the game. Not interested? That's fine, now you don't have to care about it.

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 psychobrew

[QUOTE="psychobrew"][QUOTE="wiifan001"]LMAO! I never thought that The Conduit would go this far into having its own sticky thread That's awesome. I look forward to it :D (but I don't praise it)Jaysonguy

Actually it shows the exact opposite

This thread is taking a cancer away from the rest of the forum, so instead of eating away at the rest of the forum until it dies this thread was made to contain all of the damage to this one thread and let the rest of the forum stay healthy.

As for the game the only thing it relies on is the fact that you can control it with the Wiimote. That novelty wore off sometime in 2007.

For the rest of the experience it's the same thing we've all been doing since the start of last gen.

I'm happy for those who are looking forward to it (that I like lol) but that's where it ends.

The reality is if it weren't going to be a popular game, it wouldn't recieve the hate needed to create this thread in the first place. Besides, what games this generation haven't been done before? Mario Galaxy? I saw a better version in the 90's. Pokemon? It's been done before, why do we need a new one? Guitar Hero? Already old and quickly getting older. Zelda? It's the same as it's always been. Metroid Prime 3? Fun game, but nothing revolutionary. No More Heroes? Meh. Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles? Please don't make me laugh. Rune Factory? It's been done before. I'm not saying these games aren't good, but there are only a few truly revolutionary games and most of the games we play today have roots in the 90's. Why should The Conduit be discriminated against?
TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
Cool thread, I am pretty excited about the Conduit. Slightly generic, yes but it looks to have a nice online multiplayer mode.
legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

i hope conduit does good

i mean COD:WAW got an 8.0 on gs so how the hell does a built ground up for wii fps thats not ww2 not get AAA?

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GabuEx

I want to ask you, TC, about what HVS should work on. You mentioned that when you were at the PAX.Pices

The biggest thing, I think, was the graphics. They weren't bad, but they still seemed not up to the standards set by Super Mario Galaxy. It's not a huge deal considering that graphics don't make a game, but considering that one of the big selling points of the game is supposed to be its incredible graphics, I was a little surprised by how, well, not amazing they were.

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 psychobrew

[QUOTE="Pices"]I want to ask you, TC, about what HVS should work on. You mentioned that when you were at the PAX.GabuEx

The biggest thing, I think, was the graphics. They weren't bad, but they still seemed not up to the standards set by Super Mario Galaxy. It's not a huge deal considering that graphics don't make a game, but considering that one of the big selling points of the game is supposed to be its incredible graphics, I was a little surprised by how, well, not amazing they were.

Are you talking technical or artistic graphic qualities?
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#20 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

The reality is if it weren't going to be a popular game, it wouldn't recieve the hate needed to create this thread in the first place. Besides, what games this generation haven't been done before? Mario Galaxy? I saw a better version in the 90's. Pokemon? It's been done before, why do we need a new one? Guitar Hero? Already old and quickly getting older. Zelda? It's the same as it's always been. Metroid Prime 3? Fun game, but nothing revolutionary. No More Heroes? Meh. Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles? Please don't make me laugh. Rune Factory? It's been done before. I'm not saying these games aren't good, but there are only a few truly revolutionary games and most of the games we play today have roots in the 90's. Why should The Conduit be discriminated against?psychobrew

A lot of those games more genres/franchises in a certain area.

The Conduit - along with the FPS genre itself - has been sitting in one place for the past 15 years.

Its hard for me to get excited when all I see is the same thing I've been seeing in FPS for a long, long time.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jaysonguy

The reality is if it weren't going to be a popular game, it wouldn't recieve the hate needed to create this thread in the first place. Besides, what games this generation haven't been done before? Mario Galaxy? I saw a better version in the 90's. Pokemon? It's been done before, why do we need a new one? Guitar Hero? Already old and quickly getting older. Zelda? It's the same as it's always been. Metroid Prime 3? Fun game, but nothing revolutionary. No More Heroes? Meh. Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles? Please don't make me laugh. Rune Factory? It's been done before. I'm not saying these games aren't good, but there are only a few truly revolutionary games and most of the games we play today have roots in the 90's. Why should The Conduit be discriminated against?psychobrew

That old excuse wont fly here

The games you're talking about are franchises. That means that every single game that comes out for that franchise has to be able to be tied back to the original game.

Does the Conduit have that? Not at all

The Conduit could have been something new and outstanding and instead they took the easiest road possible and piggybacked on every single game almost a decade old. They went for the blandest, most generic game they could have made.

The Conduit didn't have a single thing holding it back and they still weren't able to get it off the ground

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GabuEx

Are you talking technical or artistic graphic qualities?psychobrew

Both, really. The controls were great, and the gameplay was pretty fun, but the game's appearance didn't "wow" me in pretty much any way.

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 psychobrew

[QUOTE="psychobrew"]The reality is if it weren't going to be a popular game, it wouldn't recieve the hate needed to create this thread in the first place. Besides, what games this generation haven't been done before? Mario Galaxy? I saw a better version in the 90's. Pokemon? It's been done before, why do we need a new one? Guitar Hero? Already old and quickly getting older. Zelda? It's the same as it's always been. Metroid Prime 3? Fun game, but nothing revolutionary. No More Heroes? Meh. Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles? Please don't make me laugh. Rune Factory? It's been done before. I'm not saying these games aren't good, but there are only a few truly revolutionary games and most of the games we play today have roots in the 90's. Why should The Conduit be discriminated against?Jaysonguy

That old excuse wont fly here

The games you're talking about are franchises. That means that every single game that comes out for that franchise has to be able to be tied back to the original game.

Does the Conduit have that? Not at all

The Conduit could have been something new and outstanding and instead they took the easiest road possible and piggybacked on every single game almost a decade old. They went for the blandest, most generic game they could have made.

The Conduit didn't have a single thing holding it back and they still weren't able to get it off the ground

LOL. What old excuse are you talking about? It's facts. The FPS genre originated in the 90's, and though they have somewhat evolved, there isn't much difference in actual gameplay (and there really doesn't need to be). Muramasa: The Demon Blade has been done before -- over and over again. LKS is just a mixture of genres, but nothing really new. Being a franchise is no excuse either. Name one game that you like that's totally new and outstanding.
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 psychobrew

[QUOTE="psychobrew"]The reality is if it weren't going to be a popular game, it wouldn't recieve the hate needed to create this thread in the first place. Besides, what games this generation haven't been done before? Mario Galaxy? I saw a better version in the 90's. Pokemon? It's been done before, why do we need a new one? Guitar Hero? Already old and quickly getting older. Zelda? It's the same as it's always been. Metroid Prime 3? Fun game, but nothing revolutionary. No More Heroes? Meh. Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles? Please don't make me laugh. Rune Factory? It's been done before. I'm not saying these games aren't good, but there are only a few truly revolutionary games and most of the games we play today have roots in the 90's. Why should The Conduit be discriminated against?Haziqonfire

A lot of those games more genres/franchises in a certain area.

The Conduit - along with the FPS genre itself - has been sitting in one place for the past 15 years.

Its hard for me to get excited when all I see is the same thing I've been seeing in FPS for a long, long time.

Why does being a franchise make a difference? Some of these franchises made a big step going from 2D to 3D. They are capable of making big steps, but for some reason you excuse them? There has been very little advancement in generall since the 90's in any genre, not just FPS. FPS just isn't your thing.
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 psychobrew

[QUOTE="psychobrew"]Are you talking technical or artistic graphic qualities?GabuEx

Both, really. The controls were great, and the gameplay was pretty fun, but the game's appearance didn't "wow" me in pretty much any way.

Got it. It's good to hear from someone who is being objective. How long ago did you try it?
alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts
Name one game that you like that's totally new and outstanding.psychobrew
Super mario galaxy. Im pretty sure no other platformer has done anything like that before
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 psychobrew
[QUOTE="psychobrew"] Name one game that you like that's totally new and outstanding.alexh_99
Super mario galaxy. Im pretty sure no other platformer has done anything like that before

What was so new and unique about galaxy?
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GabuEx

Got it. It's good to hear from someone who is being objective. How long ago did you try it?psychobrew

That was a long time ago, like late August of 2008. I think that's one of the things that sort of concerns me about the game: while I'm aware that screenshots pretty much never do a game justice, the same problems that I had with the look of the game during PAX '08 still seem to be present in the latest stuff I've seen, which kind of makes me wonder what they've been doing all this time.

canadianloonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#29 canadianloonie
Member since 2004 • 384 Posts

The "It's Generic" criticism is more a reaction to the Conduit's extremely high hype level as suppose to the actual game itself. If the game is made out to be the next greatest thing since sliced bread, then you should expect this type of negative backlash...especially when it cannot live up to the hype.

None of the other games you mentioned above hyped up to be "revolutionary".
- Super Mario Galaxy is hyped as the next-gen successor to Super Mario 64.
- Twilight Princess is hyped as a return to Ocarina of Time (Not cute-sy Wind Waker).
- Metroid Prime 3 is hyped as Metroid Prime 1 with IR controls.
- Pokemon _____ is hyped as the same of old Pokemon with some extra content.
- No More Heroes is not hyped what so ever.

Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#30 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
[QUOTE="alexh_99"][QUOTE="psychobrew"] Name one game that you like that's totally new and outstanding.psychobrew

when you shake the wii remote mario spins
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

this is sad........

I can't believe it takes a MOD to force people to keep a topic in one thread, when I tried the exact same thing being generous....and it just rolls off the edge like a penny no-one saw, roll by.

anyways....Good Job Gab's. I tried to do my part :?

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GabuEx

this is sad........

I can't believe it takes a MOD to force people to keep a topic in one thread, when I tried the exact same thing being generous....and it just rolls off the edge like a penny no-one saw, roll by.

danger_ranger95

Humans: can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em. :P

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 wiifan001
[QUOTE="psychobrew"][QUOTE="alexh_99"] Super mario galaxy. Im pretty sure no other platformer has done anything like that beforegarrett_duffman

when you shake the wii remote mario spins

Mario Galaxy was more of an innovative title than a unique one. And we're getting off topic. :P
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jaysonguy

this is sad........

danger_ranger95

To be fair you don't have a banhammer to keep the people in check

I mean if you do I totally want to borrow it for like 20 mins but Gabs has one

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 psychobrew

[QUOTE="psychobrew"]The reality is if it weren't going to be a popular game, it wouldn't recieve the hate needed to create this thread in the first place. Besides, what games this generation haven't been done before? Mario Galaxy? I saw a better version in the 90's. Pokemon? It's been done before, why do we need a new one? Guitar Hero? Already old and quickly getting older. Zelda? It's the same as it's always been. Metroid Prime 3? Fun game, but nothing revolutionary. No More Heroes? Meh. Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles? Please don't make me laugh. Rune Factory? It's been done before. I'm not saying these games aren't good, but there are only a few truly revolutionary games and most of the games we play today have roots in the 90's. Why should The Conduit be discriminated against?canadianloonie

The "It's Generic" criticism is more a reaction to the Conduit's extremely high hype level as suppose to the actual game itself. If the game is made out to be the next greatest thing since sliced bread, then you should expect this type of negative backlash...especially when it cannot live up to the hype.

None of the other games you mentioned above hyped up to be "revolutionary".
- Super Mario Galaxy is hyped as the next-gen successor to Super Mario 64.
- Twilight Princess is hyped as a return to Ocarina of Time (Not cute-sy Wind Waker).
- Metroid Prime 3 is hyped as Metroid Prime 1 with IR controls.
- Pokemon _____ is hyped as the same of old Pokemon with some extra content.
- No More Heroes is not hyped what so ever.

-The Conduit is hyped as the first full featured FPS on the Wii with the best IR controls. Nobody has claimed it's going to be the best FPS ever (at least not seriously). Most people think it does look like fun though.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jaysonguy

The Conduit is hyped as the first full featured FPS on the Wii with the best IR controls. Nobody has claimed it's going to be the best FPS ever (at least not seriously). Most people think it does look like fun though.

psychobrew

Metroid was the first FPS that was great

World at War was the one that was "full featured"

So you're saying what makes them special is that they're not doing anything new at all.

danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 danger_ranger95

[QUOTE="danger_ranger95"]

this is sad........

Jaysonguy

GABS is more of a man than I am !!!!!!! Thanks alot Jayson! :(

I can't wait for this game though... I've been dying to play it

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

this is sad........

danger_ranger95

GABS is more of a man than I am !!!!!!! Thanks alot Jayson! :(

I can't wait for this game though... I've been dying to play it

I hope you enjoy it a lot

Like I said before, I want the people I like to really like the game, it's just not for me

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

Why should The Conduit be discriminated against?psychobrew
For me, the discriminating factor is that it just doesn't look as good as the other games you mentioned did before they were released (with the exception being No More Heroes, which didn't look good to me before I played it and only seemed slightly better after I did). If there had been something about Galaxy or Twilight Princess or Metroid Prime 3 that didn't look that great, I would've been just as outspoken about them. But all of those games looked extremely promising and had the added bonus of being made by accomplished developers.

For The Conduit, it's easy to be wary because it looks like an average-to-good game from a developer with a less than noteworthy track record. "From the team that brought you Evasive Space and Hot Rod Road Show comes The Conduit!" isn't a very convincing sell. That's not to say that this can't be their breakout game, but I find it hard to expect greatness after looking at their game list from the past five years.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 wiifan001
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Like I said before, I want the people I like to really like the game, it's just not for me

Just out of curiosity, who exactly are you pertaining to? (Answer not required)
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

wiifan001

Anyone I like.

I have friends that want this game and I'm cool with that. It's not like I'm going to be like "OH YOU SUCK YOU JERK" if they get the game and since they want this game I don't want it to suck horribly.

On the other hand I really don't see anything good about this game.

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#42 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts
[QUOTE="alexh_99"][QUOTE="psychobrew"] Name one game that you like that's totally new and outstanding.psychobrew

name any another platformer that was similar to galaxy
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 wiifan001
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="wiifan001"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Anyone I like.

I have friends that want this game and I'm cool with that. It's not like I'm going to be like "OH YOU SUCK YOU JERK" if they get the game and since they want this game I don't want it to suck horribly.

I see... ...because as far as I know, lots people like Haziq, AlexSays, Newman, etc (at least to my knowledge) aren't interested in this title.
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 danger_ranger95

but I find it hard to expect greatness after looking at their game list from the past five years.

JordanElek

lol...I had no idea that they dev'd all those games. Especially Leisure Suit Larry. I loved that game on the PS2

To me, it looks like they took what they could get (dev wise). I know that's no excuse for a crappy game, but have you ever heard of a child's game (specifically made for a cartoon or television show) that scored in the 9.0's+ ??? I'm sure there have been a few, but I guarantee it's alot harder to do so then a normal kids-adults game.

When you create games that only apply to certain demographic, you limit yourself to a certain limit of freedom. The Dora games for example, would obviously be aimed at the children demographic. While 50 cent: Bulletproof would be aimed at another small demographic compared to the entire market, in this case; African Americans (most likely).

Not too mention, if someone is forced to review these games (knowing GS) that doesn't want to, they also could have been scored lower than they should've been. We'll see though.... Hopefully they reincarnate themselves, and get their name out of the mud.

I hope you enjoy it a lot

Jaysonguy

Me as well. I've given HV credit for what they've supposedly attempted to do here with Wii, I just hope it's not all show, and no go...and they don't make me look like a fool lol.

I just like the controls when it comes to FPS. I hate going back to the analogs after playing MP3. It just feels so clunky, and it drives me nuts that the companies that usually do create masterpieces like; Bioshock, Half-Life 2, etc. and they wan't nothing to do with Wii when the genre is very well suited on the console.

HV, (so they say) are busting butt to make a quality title, and they get bashed. I just don't get it.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GabuEx

HV, (so they say) are busting butt to make a quality title, and they get bashed. I just don't get it.

danger_ranger95

I think the biggest problem is that they kind of have had a tendency in the past to boast quite a bit, saying that their game is going to be the best-looking title on the entire Wii. Now that we're only two months from launch and it's not really looking the part, it's kind of hard not to say something.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="wiifan001"] Just out of curiosity, who exactly are you pertaining to? (Answer not required)wiifan001

Anyone I like.

I see... ...because as far as I know, lots people like Haziq, AlexSays, Newman, etc (at least to my knowledge) aren't interested in this title.

Well see my whole thing has been yes, the Wii can have it's generic shooter game that does nothing new. Just like it can have it's generic puzzle game and generic platform game and generic racing game. Those are fine.

What really got my daffodils in a hammock is the fact that people starting hyping this thing as the next huge game and the real "HARDCORZ" game on the Wii. Then I realized that this game became something it had no hope of ever becoming.

People are in the "this will save the Wii" mentality and this game has as much chance of "saving" the Wii as handing out antibiotics today trying to save someone who died from a staph infection in 1986.

People are saying it's the best looking game ever on the Wii and it's good but it's not great. All the aliens look like they were bathed in Vaseline and look at this...

So not only do Ruffles have ridges but so do all doorways in the Conduit? The protagonist has to evade aliens AND razor sharp woodwork?

I don't mind that the game is here, I'm not one of those people who wish it was never made. Although the mentality it's brought with it could be left behind and I wouldn't bat an eyelash

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

[QUOTE="JordanElek"]

but I find it hard to expect greatness after looking at their game list from the past five years.

danger_ranger95

lol...I had no idea that they dev'd all those games. Especially Leisure Suit Larry. I loved that game on the PS2

To me, it looks like they took what they could get (dev wise). I know that's no excuse for a crappy game, but have you ever heard of a child's game (specifically made for a cartoon or television show) that scored in the 9.0's+ ??? I'm sure there have been a few, but I guarantee it's alot harder to do so then a normal kids-adults game.

But my point is that they just don't have the experience with this kind of game, regardless of whether their past games were sufficient for their genres. There are completely different expectations from gamers and different challenges in the development process for a game like The Conduit than in any of the games they've worked on recently. And the few non-franchise Wii games that they've made are nothing special. That kind of thing really limits the level of hope I can have in this game being really good.

danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 danger_ranger95

GabuEx

I think the biggest problem is that they kind of have had a tendency in the past to boast quite a bit, saying that their game is going to be the best-looking title on the entire Wii. Now that we're only two months from launch and it's not really looking the part, it's kind of hard not to say something.

very true. I was unaware of this reputation they had already received about "boasting". I guess I should do some HW on the next dev popping off lol.

I dunno, I just feel like it's going "to work" this time for them for some reason though. Everything (besides these boards) I've read about someone playing the game always says positive things about the title. I'm not a religious man myself, but I have faith.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GabuEx

very true. I was unaware of this reputation they had already received about "boasting". I guess I should do some HW on the next dev popping off lol.

I dunno, I just feel like it's going "to work" this time for them for some reason though. Everything (besides these boards) I've read about someone playing the game always says positive things about the title. I'm not a religious man myself, but I have faith.

danger_ranger95

I'm hoping that they pull it off, but I'm not exactly going to hold my breath - my view on it is that it could be good, but it still looks like it needs work... which, like I said, is kinda weird, and makes me wonder what they've been doing over the past months.

danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 danger_ranger95

But my point is that they just don't have the experience with this kind of game, regardless of whether their past games were sufficient for their genres. There are completely different expectations from gamers and different challenges in the development process for a game like The Conduit than in any of the games they've worked on recently. And the few non-franchise Wii games that they've made are nothing special. That kind of thing really limits the level of hope I can have in this game being really good.

JordanElek

yeah, I guess I can see where you're coming from. I've never played any of their other games, so I have no idea about them....but their ratings aren't good lol.

I don't know what else to say to that...lol