No one tried Mario and Luigi: Dream Team?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#51 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

It's weird how their weren't any complaints about tutorials in Bowser's inside story even though it held your hand throughout the whole thibg much like this game. 

Why is it a problem all of a sudden? 

Shinobishyguy
From what I remember of BiS this was definitely the case. Didn't really bother me then and it still doesn't other me with Dream Team.
hotdiddykong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#52 hotdiddykong
Member since 2007 • 2099 Posts
[QUOTE="RiKanKiDD"]

Im enjoying it. I wish they didnt have to teach you eveything in the start of the game. It gets stupid. But i love it. The battles are awsome. And the boss battles are great!. love it

DJ_Lae
Yeah, the tutorial complaints are bumming me out a bit. Nintendo's really gone overboard with them the past while, hammering home repeatedly how the most basic of game systems work. We get it, Nintendo, we're not 3 years old or idiots.

To be fair, there are still people that dont get the Mario and Luigi timing, a lot of grown people like us. frankly, better it was all in the start of the game then how Bowser's Inside Story handled it where every 20 minutes a new gimmick comes up with a tutorial
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#53 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

It's weird how their weren't any complaints about tutorials in Bowser's inside story even though it held your hand throughout the whole thibg much like this game. 

Shinobishyguy
People have become accustomed to the series. Returning players already know how the majority of the systems, so the long winded tutorials are seen as unnecessary to them.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

Minishdriveby
People have become accustomed to the series. Returning players already know how the majority of the systems, so the long winded tutorials are seen as unnecessary to them.

even so it's not like BiS was the first M&L game. If it were such a problem you'd think series veterans would have brought it up back when it was released
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#55 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Bowser's Inside Story was pretty intolerable for tutorials too, and if I remember correctly so was the previous DS game. With that said, it's been a while since I've played Superstar Saga so I'm not sure how it handles it too - same developers so I'd imagine the game is similarly pokey whenever new elements come up but if that is the case I've blocked everything but the good memories out. As with any game I think they should all offer the 'do you want tutorials?' option when starting a new game and then excise every goddamn bit of tutorial gibberish that slows or halts gameplay. As it stands, I'm enjoying Dream Team but I NEVER want to replay it because I know I'll have to sift through the crap that's already more than slightly annoying and some of the elements (Luigi's dream abilities mostly) are actually new.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#56 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

Shinobishyguy

even so it's not like BiS was the first M&L game. If it were such a problem you'd think series veterans would have brought it up back when it was released

It's true it's not the first game, but it's the first game most people played. BiS sold 4 million the other two only reached approx. 1.5 million.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#57 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

I'm almost hitting the 20 hour mark so far and I have to say I'm still enjoying it as much as I initially did when I picked it up.

[spoiler] I just finished Mount Pajamaja and am now into the dream sequence right after the Mammoshka boss fight.

After reading impressions online, a lot of people mentioned that that section felt too long, but it seems okay to me so far, unless they're including the dream sequence [/spoiler]