Nintendo Worse Than Previously Thought? Franchises Moving?

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Collie_Lover
Member since 2008 • 962 Posts

IMO there is nothing intrinsically wrong with the Wii U. Most Nintendo customers probably have to decide between getting a Wii U or a 3DS to play Nintendo games. Most are choosing to get the 3DS for $100+ less than the Wii U. Except for hardcore gamers, most customers are probably not going buy all 3 game consoles and a 3DS. There are probably enough games on the Wii U for most people that like Nintendo games. I just finished a backlog of games for the Wii and now have a 14 game backlog for the Wii U. I will never be able to finish all of these games.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if Nintendo made the 3DS the primary controller for a console...

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

@nini200: you're crazy if you think they're going to suddenly announce a bunch of games at E3 for the first time, and then release them later in the summer or fall. it doesnt work that way

Who said they would? Where are you getting these assumptions you're making? Holy crap does Zelda's delay have you upset?

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@nini200: you're such a troll lol

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 jcrame10

@nini200 said:

@jcrame10 said:

@nini200: they're NOT doing anything else. 4 games. announced. thats it. why are you talking about franchises that dont even have games out.

They're not doing anything else that we know of. None of us know what they are doing so that's a blind assumption. And it's besides my point. The point I made was that there has been too much Zelda lately. Other games should get the focus now.

you literally just said this and then i give a hypothetical situation to back up your statement and you act like you have no idea what i am saying. you're a complete moron, or a troll.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By nini200

@jcrame10 said:

@nini200: you're such a troll lol

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 nini200

@nini200 said:

@jcrame10 said:

@nini200: you're crazy if you think they're going to suddenly announce a bunch of games at E3 for the first time, and then release them later in the summer or fall. it doesnt work that way

Who said they would? Where are you getting these assumptions you're making? Holy crap does Zelda's delay have you upset?

Nobody said they'll suddenly announce a bunch of games lol I said that other games will get the focus. How does that = suddenly a bunch of games?

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By jcrame10

@nini200: other games will get the focus, as in the 4 titles announced?

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 nini200

@jcrame10 said:

Other games can = 4 games

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#59  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@Collie_Lover: Whats funny is i bought a small 3DS at launch, then i bought 3DS XL few years later, then i got my nephews a 3DS XL and DS XL for Christmas and bought a Wii U. Im hoping to buy a N3DS XL this coming Christmas or next if i ca get a Black Friday deal. Most Nintendo families buy their kids a few 3DS's and buy only one Wii U for everyone to share.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#60 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

There are some titles that have been announce waay back but we haven't heard from since SMTxFE comes to mind.. there is also Devil's Third...heck they have 1 game that's already released months ago (Japan only) if they aren't racist :P they could release Fatal Frame 5 to the west.. There's also that cryptic weird Harada promoted game on the last NIntendo Direct,.. :P

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 nini200

@superbuuman said:

@jcrame10 said:

There are some titles that have been announce waay back but we haven't heard from since SMTxFE comes to mind.. there is also Devil's Third...heck they have 1 game that's already released months ago (Japan only) if they aren't racist :P they could release Fatal Frame 5 to the west.. There's also that cryptic weird Harada promoted game on the last NIntendo Direct,.. :P

It isn't Zelda so those games don't count :P

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#62 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

It won't be a bunch but there will be games. Besides the fall schedule already looks pretty good even without Zelda. Star Fox gets the star position and advertising and depending on when XCX is released it could be a great heavy hitter.

OT As for DeNA calling the shots at Nintendo that has to be a joke right? Nintendo owns 10% of the company. I'm pretty sure its the other way around.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

Who cares

/thread

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 nini200

@bunchanumbers said:

@jcrame10 said:

It won't be a bunch but there will be games. Besides the fall schedule already looks pretty good even without Zelda. Star Fox gets the star position and advertising and depending on when XCX is released it could be a great heavy hitter.

OT As for DeNA calling the shots at Nintendo that has to be a joke right? Nintendo owns 10% of the company. I'm pretty sure its the other way around.

Exactly my point. There are other titles that have already been announced that look good. Just because Zelda gets delayed doesn't mean it's the end of the world. There's also a slew of games that are already out that are good.

There is a lack of upcoming titles however, I do agree with that aspect and to overlook it, would be blind but there are still good games coming out that are not Zelda titles. Zelda is not the only good franchise that Nintendo has.

E3 is going to be interesting and I'm looking forward to it because Zelda will not be there meaning the focus will be on other franchises this time.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@nini200 said:

Exactly my point. There are other titles that have already been announced that look good. Just because Zelda gets delayed doesn't mean it's the end of the world. There's also a slew of games that are already out that are good.

There is a lack of upcoming titles however, I do agree with that aspect and to overlook it, would be blind but there are still good games coming out that are not Zelda titles. Zelda is not the only good franchise that Nintendo has.

E3 is going to be interesting and I'm looking forward to it because Zelda will not be there meaning the focus will be on other franchises this time.

Of course there have been a few unreleased games for 2015 that look good but none are in the upper echelon as a Zelda. As it stands right now, the Wii U needs a title of that caliber. Last year we saw Smash and Mario Kart. 2015 can not be void of a big, huge name. Nintendo is self defeating itself if this turns out to be true.

Not one reasonable person believes there are not any games coming out but Nintendo needs to make up for this big time blow to the system. Another rumored Mario game won't full the space nor will a Metroid or any of the few releases mentioned in this discussion. If this console does not have a big name for fall/winter 2015, it's going to lose badly.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

@nini200: You make it seem like the delay on Zelda U lets those devs work on other titles, which is simply not the case lol.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 nini200

@Master_Of_Fools said:

@nini200: You make it seem like the delay on Zelda U lets those devs work on other titles, which is simply not the case lol.

Finally someone that caught the real troll part of the post lol

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68 elheber
Member since 2005 • 2895 Posts

Update for all the posts that made a point about Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei being abandoned.