Nintendo, I don't understand you...

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts

What? Is that a rebuttal to my quality argument? If so, there's nothing wrong with the quality in Pokemon. Its just Nintendo giving fans what they want; more of the same.Shottayouth13-

lolololol :lol:

No, thats a response to you saying, "and who knows what Nintendo will announce for the Wii at E3(Apart from Zelda, which is a given). "

Their most likely gonna announce (although its technically already annunced, at least for japan) the 5th gen pokemon games!

It may not be for the wii but its in the same league of HUGE core nintendo announcments.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

If that's all you think they'll announce them I'm glad you don't run a business.

You seriously think that Pokemon and Zelda alone will satisfy gamers for the rest of the year???

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 kenakuma

If that's all you think they'll announce them I'm glad you don't run a business.

You seriously think that Pokemon and Zelda alone will satisfy gamers for the rest of the year???

Shottayouth13-

No, Im just saying pokemon is most likely gonna be a game they announce, wth did I say that is ALL their gonna announce???

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts
Oh, sorry. That's the impression I got. They'll come out for the DS anyways so it doesn't really concern the Wii.
xXvenom5150Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 xXvenom5150Xx
Member since 2009 • 92 Posts

I am not saying that I'm not happy with the first party Nintendo titles that are out (and coming out), but I will say that I'd like to see that Kirby game that we seen videos for back in the Gamecube days. I'd also like to see a new Star Fox and F-Zero but I (again) appreciate what Nintendo has to offer even if a new Kirby, Star Fox, F-Zero, or whatever never get released ever. So the people that are "complaining" about these games should be given a break because they could just be like me and be hopeful for Nintendo whether they release they games that they would like or not.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts

lol, kenakuma, your arguing a pointless battle, because your ignoring simple common sense. Then your also bringing up history to prove a point and at the same time, refusing to analyze that history. Here is a few things

One, look at all the gens that Nintendo dominated or led the pack, the NES era(multiple Mario's), the SNES era(multiple Mario's and DK games that were basically Mario lol) Now the N64 and especially the GC era, Nintendo was down, they didn't have the dominant marketing position of days pass. Now one could come to the conclusion that on the cube, we didn't get multiple Mario titles for a number of reasons. Because of Nintendo's marketing position, Sunshine didn't sell like prior Mario titles, not everyone was a huge fan of Sunshine, so a sequel would not have been as financially viable as Galaxy which just for reference, outsold Halo 3. On the N64, everything just moving into 3D, Mario, Zelda, Star Fox etc all making the jump, it was a hectic time. The only reason we got two Zelda's is because the franchise really hit the fan on the N64, OoT sold almost twice as well as A Link to the Past. So they would likely want to turn Zelda into another Mario level franchise.

You also mentioned that the time spent making Galaxy 2 could be spent making the next gen version of Mario and both are money making schemes. True, both would make money. But...here's the kicker. Mario is always going to sell millions, high millions, low millions, it depends on the market share. The point is, they could sell 7 million copies of Galaxy 2 and 8 million of next gen Mario for a grand total of 15 million. Or they could make only the next gen one and sell that 8 million IF they have a large enough market share. So if you were in the business of making money, which one would you do?

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 kenakuma

Oh, sorry. That's the impression I got. They'll come out for the DS anyways so it doesn't really concern the Wii.Shottayouth13-

lol, ok, your alright man!

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 kenakuma

Now one could come to the conclusion that on the cube, we didn't get multiple Mario titles for a number of reasons.Sepewrath

Yeah a big one could be that they went striaght into developing the next gen mario platformer to maximize the time and money put into it, and did that pay off?

Well seeing how that next game was SMG I'd say so!

HawkEye1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 HawkEye1997
Member since 2009 • 1070 Posts
And I want Mod 2 and Halo reach for wii
so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#60 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts
It takes patience to be a modern gamer. That's all I can say.
SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
Give us donkey kong! :P
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
who told you those games aren't under development? zelda's been made for over 4 years and we only heard of it until last year.BrunoBRS
Not true, zelda has been announced in 08.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#63 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]who told you those games aren't under development? zelda's been made for over 4 years and we only heard of it until last year.nintendo-4life

ok, still 2-3 years hidden in development. how long do you think, say, new super mario bros wii was in development before last year's E3? my point remains.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]

Now one could come to the conclusion that on the cube, we didn't get multiple Mario titles for a number of reasons.kenakuma

Yeah a big one could be that they went striaght into developing the next gen mario platformer to maximize the time and money put into it, and did that pay off?

Yes, SMG did pay off, that's why its getting sequel. Do you get it now? The potential for making alot of money with SMG2 is why we are getting SMG2, the not as big potential of making alot of money with a Sunshine 2 is the reason we didn't get one. Its not very hard to understand.
kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 kenakuma

[QUOTE="kenakuma"]

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]

Now one could come to the conclusion that on the cube, we didn't get multiple Mario titles for a number of reasons.Sepewrath

Yes, SMG did pay off, that's why its getting sequel. Do you get it now? The potential for making alot of money with SMG2 is why we are getting SMG2, the not as big potential of making alot of money with a Sunshine 2 is the reason we didn't get one. Its not very hard to understand.

Theirs still more to it than that because if it were that simple where was SM64 2? That game definetly had potential for a sequel.

Glad it didnt get a sequel because part of that team went on to develop Star Fox 64 as well as other great games! Who knows what we could have got in place of SMG2?

Oh well, SMG2 better be one of those sequels where its sooo good it comes off as a different game/experience or a super super improved one but so far idk about that...

calway55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 calway55
Member since 2010 • 382 Posts
Not sure if this is correct, but as SMG was presented, I wondered if there would be more to the game that didn't make it to production in time. When talks of a SMG2 was a buzz I thought probably what didn't get in the first game would make it to this one with new material. Not sure if that was the case with N64 Super Mario. After reading all of these posts in this thread I was thinking about how Nintendo is similiar to Disney. They wait to release for new generations of kids to discover the same Mario games other generations played like Disney does with their movies. Also, while I wait to get my Wii back(should be tomorrow or the next!!!) I played all my other Nintendo consoles. I read somewhere in one of these threads two members arguing over which was better, Nes Mario games or Mario All Stars. I played them and think this generation of gamers have it better with the classic controller regardless of the graphics. I feel it is easier to handle than all of the controllers before them. Try playing Nes with the hard edged controller for a long time. Switch over to Snes and the joystick is so loose you fly off what you land on sometimes, while the controller feels short. N64 controller isn't bad and neither is the wii remote.
kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 kenakuma

Not sure if this is correct, but as SMG was presented, I wondered if there would be more to the game that didn't make it to production in time. When talks of a SMG2 was a buzz I thought probably what didn't get in the first game would make it to this one with new material. Not sure if that was the case with N64 Super Mario. After reading all of these posts in this thread I was thinking about how Nintendo is similiar to Disney. They wait to release for new generations of kids to discover the same Mario games other generations played like Disney does with their movies. Also, while I wait to get my Wii back(should be tomorrow or the next!!!) I played all my other Nintendo consoles. I read somewhere in one of these threads two members arguing over which was better, Nes Mario games or Mario All Stars. I played them and think this generation of gamers have it better with the classic controller regardless of the graphics. I feel it is easier to handle than all of the controllers before them. Try playing Nes with the hard edged controller for a long time. Switch over to Snes and the joystick is so loose you fly off what you land on sometimes, while the controller feels short. N64 controller isn't bad and neither is the wii remote.calway55

I got an official nintendo "dogbone" controller for my nes off of ebay, it works much nicer than the rectangle ones!

calway55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 calway55
Dogbone you say. I guess I didn't know there were other options out there. I bought a little attachment that went over my controller which then had a little raised joystick. I stopped using it when the Snes came out so I wouldn't be so handicapped. I figured I had to learn to adjust to each controller. FYI... I had my Wii Fit plugged into the back of the Wii with a rechargeable battery pack that fits into the Wii. The Nintendo rep. asked me if I had something plugged into it and said it could cause a problem with the Wii. Just thought I'd mention that. I'm sure a controller would never cause a problem in the older Nintendo consoles. I use to use Game Genie and Game Shark with no problems. Do you have all the consoles? Thanks for reading.
kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 kenakuma

Dogbone you say. I guess I didn't know there were other options out there. I bought a little attachment that went over my controller which then had a little raised joystick. I stopped using it when the Snes came out so I wouldn't be so handicapped. I figured I had to learn to adjust to each controller. FYI... I had my Wii Fit plugged into the back of the Wii with a rechargeable battery pack that fits into the Wii. The Nintendo rep. asked me if I had something plugged into it and said it could cause a problem with the Wii. Just thought I'd mention that. I'm sure a controller would never cause a problem in the older Nintendo consoles. I use to use Game Genie and Game Shark with no problems. Do you have all the consoles? Thanks for reading.calway55

I own a:

Original NES

Original SNES (by original I mean not the slimer versions of the nes and snes they latter released)

N64

Wii (sold my gc when wii came out)

Original GB

GB pocket

GB color

Original GB advance

GB micro

and a DSi

Their all in mint working condition as I'll take them apart and refurbish them annually. So I guess my answer is no, dont have them all, need a gc (will buy again in future) and a virtual boy (very reluctant to buy for obvious reasons).

2 things I would like to invest in are a original DK/mario bros arcade machine and a japanese famicom, but cant afford both atm :( They'll look sick though when I get my own place and create a nintendo/gaming room!

calway55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 calway55

I have all Nes, Snes, N64 and Gamecube daisy chained together. I have the Wii seperate since it has a different connecter.

I didn't get into handhelds until the DS came out. Got the Ds Lite too and think I may pass on the DS XL. Not sure.

I have almost all of the Nintendo Power magazines including the few free ones given out at the beginning of this long ride and numerous Player Guides. You'd get them free with a year subscription to NP.

I had a dance pad to play a Mario game, Bongos for a Donkey Kong GC game. For the Wii I have the gun, Wii Fit and a Wii Remote charger that holds two remotes. I get the most use from the charger.

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 kenakuma

I have almost all of the Nintendo Power magazines including the few free ones given out at the beginning of this long ride and numerous Player Guides. You'd get them free with a year subscription to NP.

calway55

I have all the NP's starting from the N64 era since that was my first gaming console ever. The player guide deal is killer, I've got the Star Fox 64, Super Mario Kart 64 and Super Mario 64 guides through that. Imo NP always made the best guides back in the day when their would be like 10 different choices in players guide per game.

Personally I still buy players guides purely for the collectors value, and I'm pretty sure Ninty knows this as well, the tlp and st zelda guides were really nice hard cover if you've seen them around. The NSMBW guide was nice as well.

calway55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 calway55

I stopped my subscription when N64 came out because all NP talked about was N64. I felt cheated at that point since I would have to buy a third console to keep up. Eventually I renewed NPand bought a N64. I've gotten a Game Guide with every subscription and other freebies over the years. I too still buy game guides. I wasn't happy with Prima since it wasn't published by Nintendo until I read Prima's guide for Super Paper Mario. The author was very humerous.

I just counted my guides. I have forty(40)!!! Times change and so has Nintendo. I wish they still gave out the special guides and things but gaming has grown so large. With Nintendo points I have bought little trays that hold DS boxes, so at least there are still things for the loyal Nintendo fans.

I've bought Game Cube and Wii both on their first day. Hopefully they wait awhile on their next console. I'd like to see more games support the Wii Motion Plus.

Best game for N64 was Banjo Tooie.

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 kenakuma

I stopped my subscription when N64 came out because all NP talked about was N64. I felt cheated at that point since I would have to buy a third console to keep up. Eventually I renewed NPand bought a N64. I've gotten a Game Guide with every subscription and other freebies over the years. I too still buy game guides. I wasn't happy with Prima since it wasn't published by Nintendo until I read Prima's guide for Super Paper Mario. The author was very humerous.

I just counted my guides. I have forty(40)!!! Times change and so has Nintendo. I wish they still gave out the special guides and things but gaming has grown so large. With Nintendo points I have bought little trays that hold DS boxes, so at least there are still things for the loyal Nintendo fans.

I've bought Game Cube and Wii both on their first day. Hopefully they wait awhile on their next console. I'd like to see more games support the Wii Motion Plus.

Best game for N64 was Banjo Tooie.

calway55

I got my N64 like a year into its life and Honestly never touched any video games prior, so I guess NP's focus on the 64 worked out for me :P

I also got a gc at launch at a best buy (amazing experience the first time you "upgrade" your console) and my family got me a wii at launch at the nintendo store in NYC, that however I didnt get till later as a christmas gift.

Looking back I cant believe I waited till chritsmas for the wii and tlp when i had a job and a car and could have totally got them at launch, I guess I was going through a bit of a gaming slump back them when I wasnt really playing games...

What the heck was wrong with me?

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#74 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

When did Metroid become Bigger than Star Fox or F-zero? Metroid was not even super popular back in the 2D era, F-Zero and Starfox got more playtime by more people back on the SNES. I was the only person I knew that had Super Metroid. I am not saying other people did not own it, but I don't see how F-Zero and Star Fox are second fiddle to Metroid by any means. Nintendo has claimed to be all about variety and putting Star Fox, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Pilotwings, F-zero and Wave Race on the shelf would help keep that goal achieved. We already have had a brand new Metroid and Mario specifically made for Wii. It's not that it is bad that there are making other games in the franchises but, I would rather the library be more diverse in the veteran gaming market than just Mario, Metroid and Zelda. Star Fox, F-zero, and Wave Race have sold well in the past and reached greatest hits on the N64 and GC, so there is no reason why they should not make it. Pilotwings would actually be a game that would cater to both the casual gamers and the veteran gamers. The casual people would fall in love with birdman while the veteran gamers would go for the golds in every event. They already have skydiving in Wii Sports Resort, so why not take that same technology and do Pilotwings?

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#75 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

When did Metroid become Bigger than Star Fox or F-zero? Metroid was not even super popular back in the 2D era, F-Zero and Starfox got more playtime by more people back on the SNES. I was the only person I knew that had Super Metroid. I am not saying other people did not own it, but I don't see how F-Zero and Star Fox are second fiddle to Metroid by any means. Nintendo has claimed to be all about variety and putting Star Fox, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Pilotwings, F-zero and Wave Race on the shelf would help keep that goal achieved. We already have had a brand new Metroid and Mario specifically made for Wii. It's not that it is bad that there are making other games in the franchises but, I would rather the library be more diverse in the veteran gaming market than just Mario, Metroid and Zelda. Star Fox, F-zero, and Wave Race have sold well in the past and reached greatest hits on the N64 and GC, so there is no reason why they should not make it. Pilotwings would actually be a game that would cater to both the casual gamers and the veteran gamers. The casual people would fall in love with birdman while the veteran gamers would go for the golds in every event. They already have skydiving in Wii Sports Resort, so why not take that same technology and do Pilotwings?

gamenerd15
the prime series sky rocketed metroid's popularity. maybe it didn't use to be as big as F-zero or starfox (it didn't even get a game on the N64), but right now, it is.
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendo-4life"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]who told you those games aren't under development? zelda's been made for over 4 years and we only heard of it until last year.BrunoBRS

ok, still 2-3 years hidden in development. how long do you think, say, new super mario bros wii was in development before last year's E3? my point remains.

my point remains too dammit :x

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#77 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

BrunoBRS

the prime series sky rocketed metroid's popularity. maybe it didn't use to be as big as F-zero or starfox (it didn't even get a game on the N64), but right now, it is.

Nonetheless, Nintendo does not know what Star Fox or F-zero will do on the Wii. Those two franchises sell out every time they are made so there is an audience that wants it. Nintendo can't say say that Pilotwings would not work on Wii. If Wii Sports Resort has been made, there is absolutely no excuse for there not to be a pilotwings game. Especially after getting people's hopes up for a GC version and then cancelling it. All I am saying is, it would good of Nintendo to broaden their games beyond Mario, Metroid, Zelda and "Wii" games. Star Fox, F-zero and Pilotwings are the way to do it.