Nintendo Game Everyone Loved but........

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

penamat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 penamat
Member since 2006 • 328 Posts

Ok, here is my question: What is the one Gamecube game that everyone loved, and that got highly reviewed, but you COULDN'T STAND? Seriously. If I had to pick a game it would be: Mario Kart: Double Dash!, because I thought the whole "Two racer" Mechanic was pointless. I mean, I have alot more reasons, but that is the only one that comes to mind right now. I mean some people would say: Viewtiful Joe, or Pikmin, but I have to say MKDD. What about you?

And as a bonus: Wii game you hated but everyone else loved.

I would have to say Wario Ware. I mean, I like games with a long, relevant story, NOT ONE RANDOM MINIGAME AFTER ANOTHER!

What do you think?

Master_Hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Master_Hermes
Member since 2003 • 5913 Posts

On GC it was Killer 7, bought it used and thought that while the story and characters seemed cool, the game itself was painful to play and not worth the effort. I haven't come across any such game on Wii yet, but if Killer 7 is any indication, I'd probably feel the same way with No More Heroes. I like giving games a chance though, I'm sure I'll try No More Heroes soon.

On the flipside, they're haven't been any Wii games I've loved that everyone hated but on GC that game was StarFox Adventures. There's too much hate out there for this game, people couldn't stop whining about how they "ruined StarFox" and because of that they couldn't enjoy the game for what it was, a great action-adventure game and Rare's last hurrah on Nintendo consoles.

Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts

easy... freaking Mario Party 8.. I know a lot of ppl did not like it, but most did.. and I can not stand the game, is boring as living hell... if you could built a game that eat happiness it would be.. oh wait.. it was built.. it is could mario party (I actually dislike teh whole serie :P )

EDIT: wow.. that came kind of hard.. sorry to any fan of the series... that is just me... that game pull the worth on me, and my problem is that one my friend love it.. so I`m forced to play it... Hmmm... is pry that.. bc i dislike some others, just that I do not have to see those... Really... what it is with Mario party??

radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 radicalplace
Member since 2005 • 2010 Posts
Hmm, Hate is a strong word. I don't hate any GC or Wii games but I dislike: Zelda: Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy and Mario Kart Wii. I'm just hoping Brawl can break this line. As for GC I loved: Zelda: Wind Waker, Mario Sunshine and Melee. MKDD was ok but not great.
Overclockd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Overclockd
Member since 2008 • 455 Posts

If I had to pick a game it would be: Mario Kart: Double Dash!, because I thought the whole "Two racer" Mechanic was pointless. I mean, I have alot more reasons, but that is the only one that comes to mind right now.

penamat

The two racers allowed you to have two specials. It added some extra strategy to racer selection. The only thing that seriously annoys me is that they didn't let two people pick the same person.

ImSwordMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ImSwordMan
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts
Twilight Princess
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts
I HATED Killer 7 and I really didn't care for Mario Kart: Double Dash.
kratos419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 kratos419
Member since 2005 • 271 Posts
i didnt have a gamecube but the wii game for me is....brawl, seriously. I loved it at first but it got so repetitve and boring to me, dont know why.
presto7640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 presto7640
Member since 2004 • 817 Posts
I hated Mario Sunshine
LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 LOLhahaDEAD
Member since 2006 • 4431 Posts

GC hate: Battalion Wars. Actually, this is a good game and I like it, but the controls are just awful to the point that I almost don't want to play it.

Wii hate: Medal of Honor Heroes 2.

Yao-kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Yao-kun
Member since 2005 • 311 Posts
Wii: Brawl, i hate what they did to the game, you don't need skill anymore to win, just camp and spam.
KingBowser91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KingBowser91
Member since 2007 • 2638 Posts

GC:Starfox Adventures and pikmin

Pikmin 2 and SF Assault are both awesome games IMO.

Wii:PKMN BR and MASATOG.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I would have to say Wario Ware. I mean, I like games with a long, relevant story, NOT ONE RANDOM MINIGAME AFTER ANOTHER!

What do you think?

penamat

I think that you like games with long stories but bought a minigame collection and it's your fault?

I don't understand why you'd even consider a game that's everything you don't look for in a game.

johnnyv2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#14 johnnyv2003
Member since 2003 • 13762 Posts

On GC it was Killer 7, bought it used and thought that while the story and characters seemed cool, the game itself was painful to play and not worth the effort. I haven't come across any such game on Wii yet, but if Killer 7 is any indication, I'd probably feel the same way with No More Heroes. I like giving games a chance though, I'm sure I'll try No More Heroes soon.

On the flipside, they're haven't been any Wii games I've loved that everyone hated but on GC that game was StarFox Adventures. There's too much hate out there for this game, people couldn't stop whining about how they "ruined StarFox" and because of that they couldn't enjoy the game for what it was, a great action-adventure game and Rare's last hurrah on Nintendo consoles.

Master_Hermes

amen, I'd say that Killer 7 is one of the most overrated games of all time. An engaging story, and interesting characters can't make up for horrid gameplay.... it can make up for mediocre gameplay, but I found Killer 7 nearly unplayable....while the gameplay in No More Heroes isn't the greatest, it's definitely better than Killer 7 was.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

I hate none of my GC games, but I have some that were overrated IMO:

Eternal Darkness was rated 9.4 but never deserved it. It's a good and original game, even great at times, but its clumsy combat, confusing narrative and average visuals and sound make me think 7.9 is a more appropriate score.

Rogue Leader scored 9.4, but it's so infuriatingly frustrating that it took me 6 years to complete it, plus it has some heavy visual glitches. I still like it, though.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

Metroid Prime series, just hated them for some reason, they just seemed painfully slow, and all the respawning enemies annoyed the hell out of me. Plus the puzzles are just stupidly hard, "What do you mean you didn't know you were supposed to shoot that rock, it's so obvious!".

Also Viewtiful Joe, thanks for reminding me. Henshin a go go? More like Henshin a no no.

penamat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 penamat

I rented it. :)

[QUOTE="penamat"]

What do you think?

Jaysonguy

I think that you like games with long stories but bought a minigame collection and it's your fault?

I don't understand why you'd even consider a game that's everything you don't look for in a game.

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#18 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts
Metroid Prime 2. Seriously i tried to play it but just couldnt get into it
penamat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 penamat

I thought it was pointless still. I mean, It did at strategic element to the game, but I did not think it was all that earth shaking. I never really saw much of a need for an extra player to throw items. Or even to have a heavy Character Like Bowser and A light character like Toad, I never saw much of a difference in who I picked. It was all the same.

BTW everyone, this is about OPINIONS! Dont rag on others for what they think. Just like how I will not rag on those who dislike Brawl.

[QUOTE="penamat"]

If I had to pick a game it would be: Mario Kart: Double Dash!, because I thought the whole "Two racer" Mechanic was pointless. I mean, I have alot more reasons, but that is the only one that comes to mind right now.

Overclockd

The two racers allowed you to have two specials. It added some extra strategy to racer selection. The only thing that seriously annoys me is that they didn't let two people pick the same person.

TheMinority16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TheMinority16
Member since 2007 • 597 Posts
Vietful Joe
NALDOxCORE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NALDOxCORE
Member since 2008 • 2162 Posts
I wasn't a GCN gamer but I hate Galaxy on the Wii. It's way too repetitive.
s-baller23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 s-baller23
Member since 2007 • 724 Posts

For the Wii- Super Paper Mario, it was so boring for me so I just sold it and bought Paper Mario (N64) on the VC. That game is soooooooo good.

For the GC it has to be Melee. I don't know why it felt like a chore which is weird because I love love love the first one and Brawl. Also, Wave Race: Blue Storm is so horrible. The controls are annoying and the game is pretty tough. It's like Contra for jet-skiing. So yeah I sold that and downloaded Wave Race 64 on the VC.

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts

I agree with MKDD. I thought it was sort of boring. Everyone else thought it was amazing.

As for the Wii, I haven't played a game everyone liked and I didn't.

TDLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TDLlama
Member since 2006 • 2779 Posts

I never saw the appeal in any of the Mario Kart games post-Super Mario Kart... but the winner goes to the Star Fox series. The first one was big because of the 3D, the second because it introduced us to rumble, but without the innovations, the series is just average.

And Super Mario Sunshine... good, but some think it's the best Mario ever... and they'd be wrong, in my opinion.

icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts
[QUOTE="penamat"]

What do you think?

Jaysonguy

cant blame 'em for trying something new. i mean, you could say you hate a genre, but when everyone says the game is really good, the first thing you think (i do anyway) is "hmm, maybe this game maybe the exception/may get me into the genre!" For example, i hated FPS's. i didnt understand them. HOWEVER!, once Goldeneye came out, i had a new eye for it. Half Life 2 was the only other FPS that i really enjoyed. in this user's case, he/she was hoping that Warioware might be that Goldeneye/Half Life 2. sadly, it wasnt.

rexCo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26 rexCo
Member since 2005 • 943 Posts
[QUOTE="Master_Hermes"]

johnnyv2003

amen, I'd say that Killer 7 is one of the most overrated games of all time. An engaging story, and interesting characters can't make up for horrid gameplay.... it can make up for mediocre gameplay, but I found Killer 7 nearly unplayable....while the gameplay in No More Heroes isn't the greatest, it's definitely better than Killer 7 was.

UGH, I hated Killer7. I even hated the story and characters; they didn't engage me at all. I can't believe I bought it (only $10 though :P).

I don't think there's been a Wii game everyone liked that I didn't; although I do feel No More Heroes is highly overrated.

Avatar image for shadimoscouplos
shadimoscouplos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 shadimoscouplos
Member since 2004 • 1572 Posts
NO MORE FRAKIN HEROES!!! I hate that.
GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts

There is one game easily that fits this spot: Metriod Prime.

I did NOT like that game. The Scan thing was annoying on so many levels. The enimies were annoying, The locking-on system was increably annoying. I just hated it. I got halfway through the second level and decided to stop playing. it was just way to bad. The only things that I liked was that it was playable and that the boss was pretty fun. The controls were also terrible. I just can't thing of a single good thing about this game.

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="penamat"]

What do you think?

icarus212001

cant blame 'em for trying something new. i mean, you could say you hate a genre, but when everyone says the game is really good, the first thing you think (i do anyway) is "hmm, maybe this game maybe the exception/may get me into the genre!" For example, i hated FPS's. i didnt understand them. HOWEVER!, once Goldeneye came out, i had a new eye for it. Half Life 2 was the only other FPS that i really enjoyed. in this user's case, he/she was hoping that Warioware might be that Goldeneye/Half Life 2. sadly, it wasnt.

Nobody told him to buy it. He could have rented it.

icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts
[QUOTE="icarus212001"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="penamat"]

What do you think?

bob_newman

Nobody told him to buy it. He could have rented it.

still...my point remains valid. but what if he/she cant rent it? you need to have a credit card to rent.

Avatar image for orangeturtle472
OrangeTurtle472

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 OrangeTurtle472
Member since 2007 • 2636 Posts
[QUOTE="penamat"]

What do you think?

Jaysonguy

And how do you know he bought it? Did he mention that he considered or bought it, or did he just state his opinion on it? He said nothing about buying it, so how is it his fault?

General_Diablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 General_Diablo
Member since 2008 • 566 Posts

Mario Party 8

and NIGHTS JOURNEY OF DREAMS!!! I ABSOULUTELY DILIKE THAT GAME TILL MY HEART IS CONTENT!!!

(does that even make sense)?

Felmo_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Felmo_07
Member since 2007 • 283 Posts

GC: Wind Waker. I didnt hate WW but it was a bit overated, and i hate the sailing involved.

Wii: Ill have to say WarioWare bc im not that much into micro games or games where u really have to use the wii mote like WW

link_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 link_1000
Member since 2006 • 807 Posts

There are plenty.

The biggest one is Super Mario Sunshine. TERRIBLE game with bad controls, bad design, frustration, terrible camera, and just overall not fun and just a huge flop.

Others include

Mario kart Double Dash (good but not 9 material),

Resident Evil 4 (again, overrated, not the best GC game; I'd rate it a 8.9),

Twilight Princess (another overrated game; worst Zelda game since adventure of link; and this is coming from a big zelda fan),

Tales of symphonia (very overrated; a mediocre RPG at best)

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (HORRENDOUS, boring and pointless)

Soul Calibur II (yeah, a bad fighter. Bad controls; and Melee is a trillion times better)

That's all I can think of for now: Let's just say that the Gamecube generation wasn't so great for sequels; however it was still amazing and underrated despite all my game bashing. Gamecube still owns the Wii.

Avatar image for remmbermytitans
remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 remmbermytitans
Member since 2005 • 7214 Posts
I agree. I hated Mario Kart: Double Dash.
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="penamat"]

What do you think?

amirbrandon

And how do you know he bought it? Did he mention that he considered or bought it, or did he just state his opinion on it? He said nothing about buying it, so how is it his fault?

Well if that's the case, he's basing his decision off of videos and screenshots, which never do a game justice and cut out a lot of important information, such as the fact that WarioWare isn't just "one random minigame after another" and actually has a story to go with it...a pretty funny and entertaining story, I might add.

WolfWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37 WolfWatch
Member since 2007 • 882 Posts
I liked double dash and super mario sunshine, as one of my favorites. i didn't like viewtiful joe, although i know many loved it. although since this is a wii forum. i didnt like the wii paper mario.
EddieTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38 EddieTheGreat
Member since 2007 • 270 Posts
Super Mario Galaxy :|
radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 radicalplace
Member since 2005 • 2010 Posts

There are plenty.

The biggest one is Super Mario Sunshine. TERRIBLE game with bad controls, bad design, frustration, terrible camera, and just overall not fun and just a huge flop.

Others include

Twilight Princess (another overrated game; worst Zelda game since adventure of link; and this is coming from a big zelda fan),

Soul Calibur II (yeah, a bad fighter. Bad controls; and Melee is a trillion times better)

That's all I can think of for now: Let's just say that the Gamecube generation wasn't so great for sequels; however it was still amazing and underrated despite all my game bashing. Gamecube still owns the Wii.

link_1000

Sunshine is an awesome game, the control work spot on like they should and the level design is fantastic. Fludd introduced some new and very interesting gameplay. The camera is the best camera ever in a Mario Game, so I fail to see your point. It wasn't overall as fun as 64 but better than Galaxy.

Zelda: TP is a very overated game, I agree with you. I struggle to see how alot of fans enjoy it so much and even think GameSpot should of scored it lower. It wasn't a terrible game, it just wasn't great which is wierd for a Zelda title. Hopefully the next console Zelda will redeem it's mistake.

HudsonMalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 HudsonMalo
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Eternal Darkness was rated 9.4 but never deserved it. It's a good and original game, even great at times, but its clumsy combat, confusing narrative and average visuals and sound make me think 7.9 is a more appropriate score.

Rogue Leader scored 9.4, but it's so infuriatingly frustrating that it took me 6 years to complete it, plus it has some heavy visual glitches. I still like it, though.

Black_Knight_00

I have never posted on a message board in my life, because they are not for me. In the name of knowledge, i have to break my silence. Did you honestly just type that Eternal Darkness has average sound or was that a typo?... And yes, i know what opinion means.
znator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 znator
Member since 2006 • 550 Posts
Starfox Adventures, that stupid dinosaur got on my last nerves.
monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts

animal crossing, cos it's just plain rubbish

on wii... none really

monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]

HudsonMalo

I have never posted on a message board in my life, because they are not for me. In the name of knowledge, i have to break my silence. Did you honestly just type that Eternal Darkness has average sound or was that a typo?... And yes, i know what opinion means.

and at the time it's visuals were second to none, it's like saying super metroid has aweful visuals... well if you look at it now it does but it was completely obliterating the competition at the time

superdance14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 superdance14
Member since 2006 • 596 Posts

I really didn't like Viewtiful Joe. Was a bit too... strange.

No one seemed to like Star Fox Assult, which I really liked.

guyguyguy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#45 guyguyguy1234
Member since 2004 • 968 Posts
Star Fox Adventures. Hated it.
penamat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 penamat

To set the record straight, I did Rent Wario Ware, though even I think I should have spent more time on the game. I only played for about 3 hours. I just could not get into it. It was: Do this! Do That! Boss: Do that AGAIN!" With that I found it repetitive and frustrating. But then again, that is just my opinion, seeing as how everyone rates it high.

OdieTheDoby70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48 OdieTheDoby70
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts
Chibi-Robo was so annoying on the GameCube!! Also on the wii the game would have to be Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz, it was so better without the motion control... made me miss the simple,fun, and easy analog stick.
NormanOfTorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 NormanOfTorn
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts
Mine is defenitely Viewitiful Joe, I couldn't stand that game.
link_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 link_1000
Member since 2006 • 807 Posts
[QUOTE="link_1000"]

There are plenty.

Others include

radicalplace

Sunshine is an awesome game, the control work spot on like they should and the level design is fantastic. Fludd introduced some new and very interesting gameplay. The camera is the best camera ever in a Mario Game, so I fail to see your point. It wasn't overall as fun as 64 but better than Galaxy.

Zelda: TP is a very overated game, I agree with you. I struggle to see how alot of fans enjoy it so much and even think GameSpot should of scored it lower. It wasn't a terrible game, it just wasn't great which is wierd for a Zelda title. Hopefully the next console Zelda will redeem it's mistake.

The control is TERRIBLE. And serious, how can you say that camera is good? You CONSTANTLY have to pan the C-stick, so many times you can't even SEE mario, you have that darkened blue spot, what the heck does that help you with? You usually can't see when your over a wall since the camera can't go "through" the walls. Also, it's hard to time the platforming segments with the camera, same with Galaxy. Mario 64 had the best control, period.

And while I like FLUDD, it's really hard to time due to the camera, for example, with an overhead view often, it's hard to see where exactly your jumping and landing; also, for example, it's even hard to sometimes time simple rope jumps on the platforms in the very first location. Not to mention later in the game, and in Ricco Harbor especially, you CONSTANTLY have to change your camera to the front or you miss your jump and are screwed. Much of my frustration comes from the camera. And the camera is one thing kinda meh in galaxy (since it's top and side view) but in sunshine it's worse.

And FLUDD is cool, but gimmicky, since you have these boring, uninspired boss fights with it; and too many of them. Sunshine had terrible level design, where is it good, except for the underground platforming segments? Almost all the shine sprites were boring to get, involved a crappy boss with FLUDD, had many pointless deaths due to camera, (and also it's hard to aim fludd as well with the camera) and way too much pointless coin collecting.

And in regards to TP, yeah, very disappointing. Now that I beat it once, I'd rate it around 8.5-6, being nice. You have to remember it had some good things, but not much.