Nintendo and there bad customer over the phone customer service UK

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Noble3781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Noble3781
Member since 2015 • 7 Posts

Okay this is the third time i have called Nintendo and have been meet with a depressed sounding could not give to f's women.

First i asked her does Black Friday end 12 Sunday midnight or 12 Monday Midnight. She told me to look online as she does not know. More like can not be asked to find out.

Second if i ordered something at 1am in the morning will it be sent out that day. Even though it says on there site ordered before 9am and get it the next day. She said no and something about 24 hour. So Basically sticking to a script that is wrong.

Also of a separate occasion i asked how much Earthbound is on the Nintendo E shop UK. She said it was not on there. Even after i told her it was and brought it later that day. So more sticking to a script and not looking in to anything.

Could they not show a little effort and not sound so depressed and fed up over the phone. I work in retail and i am never like that.

It is clear that Nintendo do not use gamer as there customer support. They use the kind of people that look down on gaming and find gaming and gamers childish which sucks. As i said i own a Nes before and she said nothing just okay. She did not even know what the NES is and she works for Nintendo. It annoys me so much. They could get someone so much better for such a job! Also remember i am talking about Nintendo Uk here.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34605 Posts

Yeah, I've noticed lots of people who have no idea how bad they are for a job. People who don't know shit about games in stores such as GameStop. People who're supposed to show off a new game, and can't play videogames for shit. It's everywhere, man.

You can't really get mad at them for not answering questions that aren't about Nintendo, though, such as Black Friday. If I got that question I'd be like "why ask me when Google exists?". I wouldn't say that, of course, but I'd think it. I work at customer service myself, and I've gotten lots of hints, from people who suck at that job, how I'm supposed to NOT do. :P

I bet there's thousands of people who'd love to work at Nintendo customer service who'd be a hell of a lot better at it, than the majority that actually work there. Gamers seem to rarely get jobs where you work with games, sadly.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@noble3781: reality is not many people who work at *call support* are expert in the field, most of the time they just read off a script they are given. That just how it is. :P

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

My right analog stick on my gamepad broke. I called Nintendo customer support, and they told me it was gonna cost me $99 for an analog stick. After a rant of epic scale where I told him I could buy 2 Pro controllers for the cost of replacing this analog stick he lowers the price of the repair to $55 out of the blue. I won't lie this has shattered my faith in Nintendo and may even influence my purchase of a NX. If Nintendo insists on a screen in the controller and won't let me go to a store to buy a replacement then I'll have to go somewhere else. I'm not going to be dealing with shady customer service for repairs.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

@bunchanumbers: Thats how it is for all companies though. Hourly labor is not cheap. Look how much it is to repair physical damage to a 3DS or 2DS. Heck even Repairing a DS4 or Xbox One Controller cost a fortune. They have to pair for your shipping, the parts t repair, labor to take the controller apart and put back together.

I had to get mine repaired cause of a very minor thing, since my warranty was over though, it cost more to repair then it did to just buy refurbished.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Nintendo contracts to the lowest bidder.

I can say from firsthand knowledge that Nintendo contracts out the cheapest people to work for them. "Other" companies pay much more and expect a level of education about the products before they're put into the field.

It's always a gamble when you contact their customer service. That's why I urge everyone to keep calling if you run into someone who doesn't know the policies.